Gem Store spring cleaning

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

For those who dont bother reading Evons blog, quite a few armor/weapon skins, tools etc. will be taken out of the gem store in 7 days.

Gem Store Spring Cleaning
With the approach of summer and our pending return to Lion’s Arch, it’s time to clean house a bit and put a few things into storage. The Wintersday weapon set will be removed from vendors in one week, and the following items will no longer be regularly available in the Gem Store until next fall.

Krytan Armor Skins
Profane Armor Skins
Primeval Armor Skins
Zodiac Armor Skins
Quaggan Warrior Backpack
Wintersday Earmuffs
Fuzzy Bear Hat
Fuzzy Leopard Hat
Glowing Crimson Mask Skin
Mask of the Crown Skin
Sailor’s Beanie
Top Hat
Reading Glasses
Frost Wasp Logging Tool
Tireless Logging Minion
Tireless Harvesting Minion
Bone Pick
Fused Molten Logging Axe
Molten Alliance Mining Pick
Fused Molten Sickle

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/daydreamers-wings-honor-guard-finisher-and-mini-beetle-in-the-gemstore/

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Thanks for cross-posting, Wanze.

(Hint to ANet: ask Gnashblade to start doing this across the usual ANet communication channels: twitter, facebook, forums, reddit, etc.)

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

Seems they’re going forward with the ‘gemstore is for outfits’ policy.
Well they did say it would no longer be regularly available so expect to see them on temporary sale soon.

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

AKA

“Nobody buys these items, so we will make them rare to increase interest.”

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

Posted by: Azurem.9468

Azurem.9468

Caithe’s Bloom Dagger isn’t on the list. It didn’t have a time limit before but now it says it’s only available for 7 more days just like everything you mentioned.

They’re only removing the red one and not the green or blue ones? That’s kind of weird.

Azure The Heartless.3261

They’re only removing the red one and not the green or blue ones?

Also Caithe’s Bloom Dagger isn’t on the list. It didn’t have a time limit before but now it says it’s only available for 7 more days just like everything you mentioned.

[Redacted because of reasons.]

Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

Posted by: Jaken.6801

Jaken.6801

AKA

I bought them some of them o.O

I think it`s because they are “old” and they want to raise interest again in them. sigh

So annoying. I rather wish that they would organize the thing better, instead of limiting access.
I don`t really like that artificial content gating they are try to do here, just to get us to buy gems (which they are totaly in the right to, i know. Still don`t like it, since it is just tiresome).

Posted by: cocowoushi.7150

cocowoushi.7150

Thank you for this! Man, now I want fuzzy hats…

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

At least now they warned.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Posted by: Ralanost.8913

Ralanost.8913

Eh, it’s fine with me. Only thing I wanted on that list I already got.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

AKA

Nobody is buying these items anymore, so we will make them rare to increase interest.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Thanks for cross-posting, Wanze.

(Hint to ANet: ask Gnashblade to start doing this across the usual ANet communication channels: twitter, facebook, forums, reddit, etc.)

My thought exactly. I normally keep up with these things, but certain news bits don’t get put out on feeds like they should.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Azure The Heartless.3261

AKA

Nobody is buying these items anymore, so we will make them rare to increase interest.

Yes. This was my intended response..

Correction accepted.

Posted by: Vizen.2049

Vizen.2049

I’m surprised about the original Kryta/Primeval and Profane skins they have been in since day 1 (not that i liked any of them though i do own the Kryta was a freebie if i recall) the rest Meh i Never liked to Zodiac Sets anyway,

Posted by: Marge.4035

Marge.4035

Why would you even take away legacy skins from the gem store? What the heck?

No, No, No! Mummified flesh on the left! Dried bones on the right!

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Suggest buying the reading glasses since its the only thing like it in game and you might regret it being gone forever like the bunny ears.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: Odyssey.2613

Odyssey.2613

Why would you even take away legacy skins from the gem store? What the heck?

To complete their huge middle finger to the vets of old.

I feel real sorry for any gw1 player starting out, look at what Anet’s done.

Want those HoM skins and titles you grinded your kitten off for?
Nope! They rushed a horrible patch, locked the HoM, and still haven’t fixed anything months and months after.

Want those rare dungeon weapons you slaved over and are so proud of?
Do you have a credit card? Good news! You can buy them in the store.

Want those GW1 concept art skins?
Do you have a credit card? Good news! You can buy them in the store. But hurry, don’t delay, they are being removed. Why? …Because… rea$on$!

Anet’s lucky I don’t run that company. I would immediately fire 3/4, do what ever it took to get the ones that left to come back, cut back on all the bloated flatscreens and food and take that money and use it to pay the staff a decent wage and hire a REAL QA team.

The dev team has proven they can’t balance a 2×4 on a cinder block.

(edited by Odyssey.2613)

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Ill remain forever baffled why an online virtual store removes stock.

Evon has a blog? Im nor against comms going thro such things, but why not add a link to the homepage so ppl know such a thing exists? Ive never heard of it.

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Evon has a blog? Im nor against comms going thro such things, but why not add a link to the homepage so ppl know such a thing exists? Ive never heard of it.

It is on the front page of the official page.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/daydreamers-wings-honor-guard-finisher-and-mini-beetle-in-the-gemstore/

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

There is a link on the homepage. https://www.guildwars2.com/en/

Second post, stars with “Daydreamers wings”. And they put the link in the second screen of the game launcher, too.

Randulf.7614

Oh i thought it was a proper separate blog as opposed to the newsflash on the homepage. My bad

As you were…

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

I’m wondering why there’s so much cynicism from people about this?

It’s a shop – shops do things like get rid of non-selling items off their shelves! When was the last time you saw a hand held spell checker or an electronic type writer at your local tech store?

They are not doing something devious. I personally think it was about time so there’s not so much clutter about the place!

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Its always linked on the gw2 homepage and on your launcher upon login, if you dont have direct launch enabled.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Randulf.7614

Shops do these things make physical space tho or for more operational reasons like supply and return. Having run shops for 20 years, i know id value having infinite storage space..!

Also the examples you list are obsolete items, the removed gem store ones are not obsolete in the same way.

Posted by: ZilentNight.5089

ZilentNight.5089

I am hoping that with these items going away, we can get some of the really old ones like bunny ears and maybe some new ones as well.

Posted by: Chameleon Dude.1564

Chameleon Dude.1564

Oh joy, another cheap marketing ploy. Why can’t we just have everything available all the time, with sales to push… well… sales?

So long as other information makes it to the main website, forums and launcher. Fed up of all this Twitter, Facebook and Reddit stuff. =/

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

Caithe’s Bloom Dagger isn’t on the list. It didn’t have a time limit before but now it says it’s only available for 7 more days just like everything you mentioned.

Nice!

I snapped it up and the pirate outfit, slapped the skin on a couple of exotic daggers, and now my red-skinned sylvari ele is wandering looking for things to attack.

Posted by: Elfrided.2064

Elfrided.2064

I would’ve snapped up the earmuffs, but I haven’t even seen them in the shop. Am I just not seeing them, or?

Posted by: serenke.4806

serenke.4806

AKA

Yes. This was my intended response..

Correction accepted.

I am not sure about this, considering there is a thread dedicated to crying about the bunny ears being unavailable. Those have been removed in the previous cleaning with a similar warning.

Posted by: Lil Puppy.5216

Lil Puppy.5216

A simple redesign of the store and someone that can actually run SPECIALS and we wouldn’t have to put up with this – steam does it and makes billions… what’s your excuse Anet?

I can’t wait until the Zunlai come back, then Evon will be out of business cause they at least have infinite magical storage ability and a nice back story.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

A simple redesign of the store and someone that can actually run SPECIALS and we wouldn’t have to put up with this – steam does it and makes billions… what’s your excuse Anet?

I can’t wait until the Zunlai come back, then Evon will be out of business cause they at least have infinite magical storage ability and a nice back story.

Steam is selling third party items, not their own items so it’s not the same situation, is it?

I mean if I am advertising OTHER people’s products, particularly if I make a commitment to those people, then it’s a lot harder to take stuff down. And for steam there’s less reason to do it, for a variety of reasons.

But Anet is the only one placing stuff in the shop, so Anet has complete control over it. There’s no contracts with anyone else.

I mean how do you think a publisher would feel if Steam stopped selling their games? Again, different situation.

And I’m pretty sure that Anet makes more money by doing it this way than they would by just leaving everything in.

Posted by: EdwinLi.1284

EdwinLi.1284

expected since they have removed gem store stuff before. I’m surprised these lasted this long.

Posted by: foxcat.4096

foxcat.4096

I would’ve snapped up the earmuffs, but I haven’t even seen them in the shop. Am I just not seeing them, or?

This interested me as well ,i would really like to get my hands on the earmuffs if possible but they don’t seem to be available.

Posted by: Mea.5491

Mea.5491

Why are most of the older skins available for 6 days only? Are they leaving the gem store for good? O.o -pokes screenshot-

Attachments:

Posted by: serenke.4806

serenke.4806

Yes, they are leaving.

Mea.5491

kitten . How come I didn’t know about that? -goes to buy everything-

Posted by: Basaltface.2786

Basaltface.2786

well they gotta make space for more outfits of course…. smh

Mea.5491

They should keep the armor skins…

Posted by: Omocha.4931

Omocha.4931

Something similar happened in another game – armor parts skins getting replaced with outfits. After that, they also removed the option to actually use any skin you had unlocked in the wardrobe. Basically, you were left with the option of using some shop outfit or hope your level’s crafted or dropped armor will look pleasant enough.
As of late, Anet seems to follow in the same direction to some extent, by popping more and more outfits.

Posted by: rapthorne.7345

rapthorne.7345

Resident smug Englishman on the NA servers, just because.

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

I thought I was going to have to drop some dollars on it, but it turns out it’s only skins I don’t like leaving the store for the moment. :P

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: Hiwi Kiwi.7386

Hiwi Kiwi.7386

Anet’s way to make you spend money, simple as that.

" ’Cause in the end, all you really have are memories. "
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posted by: Stiofan.6720

Stiofan.6720

It’s to get people to panic buy, Classic big corporate business strategy.

Posted by: Centurion.7296

Centurion.7296

Sssshhhhh, it was supposed to be a secret

Posted by: Matazeruz.7498

Matazeruz.7498

They’ve been available for quite a long time(most of them) If you wanted them, you should’ve bought them before they told you they were removing them

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

They will return…they always do.
To keep the gemstore refreshing they often take down older items for a while. looking at recent development, they are cleaning the store up. I think we can expect some HoT themed stuff there soon.

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Waar Kijk Je Naar.8713

Waar Kijk Je Naar.8713

-goes to buy everything-

And here’s the reason they’re being pulled. Them sweet impulse purchases.

IT’S A SWORD. THEY’RE NOT MEANT TO BE SAFE.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

It’s tempting to buy the stuff that is disappearing.

However, I assume this means that newer opportunities are coming soon to our favorite in-game cash (and converted-coin shop). I’m saving my gems for the two birds in the bush.

PS it wouldn’t surprise me if we will look back nostalgically on the conversion rate of 18-20g per 100 gems. If I’m correct (and the new stuff is indeed worth the wait), a lot of people will start to spend coin for gems, driving the rate up. (Those spending cash to buy gems won’t affect the rate, since their gems never touch the gold:gems market.)

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: roachsrealm.9284

roachsrealm.9284

They will return…they always do..

bunny ears…

Smitten Mittens (The Gothic Embrace [Goth], Fort Aspenwood)