Gems for Expansion.

Gems for Expansion.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Nightingale.6820

Nightingale.6820

I think there probably is some thread for suggestions an such, but a lack of time makes me prioritize other things.

simple suggestion for a MAJOR gold sink.
Offer the expansion for gems.

I know that it’s probably to late and that the community would riot if it was introduced right now.

but please consider adding it in the future. (of course the gem cost would have to be greater than the $ cost)

Gems for Expansion.

Posted by: Zaron.1987

Zaron.1987

and anet should pay their employees then with ingame gold?

think the devs, GMs and so on want be happy about their new payment

Gems for Expansion.

Posted by: Nightingale.6820

Nightingale.6820

well no, but I would imagine that most gems used in the store comes from people actually spending money.

but you are not wrong in the fact that it would cost anet some sales. however the people buying the expansion with ingame-gold would be what the f2p market calls “content” (more people playing in the long run)

and some sales would come from people who already have bought gems. that makes actually calculating profit rather hard….

im not a fully fleged economist by any means but Im fairly certain that it would make sense in the long run. (that is as long they keep adding new content to the gem store)

Gems for Expansion.

Posted by: Zaron.1987

Zaron.1987

and after that anet have to fix the gold to gem exchange at other direction cause so many people would buy the exp with gold (there are many outside with tons of gold!) that players could buy ingame gold by gems too cheap

well no, but I would imagine that most gems used in the store comes from people actually spending money.

but please consider adding it in the future. (of course the gem cost would have to be greater than the $ cost)

and why you htink people would change money to gems to buy then the exp for an higher price? O.o

(edited by Zaron.1987)

Gems for Expansion.

Posted by: clarkcd.6532

clarkcd.6532

How is it a gold sink if people use money to buy gems?