Gems...

Gems...

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: UserError.7150

UserError.7150

so i am supposed to be able to get naything in the game without having to grind or spend real money… yet it took me over a week to get the 360 gems i needed for 10 transmute crystals. so if it takes over a week to get those, how am i supposed to get a limited time item for 800 w/o using any real world money?

secondly when i started playing this game, i could have easily gotten 2400 for the amount i got 360 for… so why such a huge increase? to kitten us over and make people spend more money then they have to spend? and if the person doesnt have the money to spend, how is this in any way fair for all players in the game.

so i’m still having trouble seeing how your marketing campaign to people like me is anything but false advertisement (legal issue if you must know)

Gems...

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

This is the “Game Bugs Forum”.
The “Guild Wars 2 Discussion Forum” is over here.
The “Black Lion Trading Co. Forum” is over here.
And the “Suggestions Forum” is over here.

Would you please be so kind as to stop making non-game bug report threads in the Game Bugs Forum and post them where they belong. Thank you.

edit
Mod moved them to the appropriate forum area.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

(edited by StinVec.3621)

Gems...

UserError.7150

if its a problem in the game, and not intentionally by design, then it is in fact a BUG
and this fits just that. If its nt, then anet has a legal issue dealing with false advertisement (and im sure they dont want to admit that)

Gems...

UserError.7150

then what is it you would call it that your doing? i swear some people just dont get it

Gems...

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

then what is it you would call it that your doing? i swear some people just dont get it

Politely requesting that you follow the forum rules and post your topics in their appropriate sub-forums is not verbally insulting, harassing or otherwise. You clearly know that you are reporting non-game bugs in the game bugs forum and you’ve intentionally advanced the issue to a personal and verbal attack on me in-thread and via private message; all of which have been reported. I will not be responding to you again.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

Gems...

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Still trying to find where it says “you can get anything without grind” in anything Anet has put out.

So it took you a week to rake in the necessary gold to convert to gems….
How often do you play?
How long do you play?
What do you do when you play?

All of those are going to directly affect how much gold you make. GW2 is not ’log in and get anything you want." No game is. All games require a certain amount of effort and time investment to get anywhere.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Gems...

Posted by: Bastien.1645

Bastien.1645

Lol this guy is funny. 360 gems costs like £4. I spent 10x that on LoL Skins a month

Gems...

Posted by: NoxInfernus.2361

NoxInfernus.2361

1st – Gold to gem conversion is determined by supply & demand from the Player-base. This was clearly stated, even prior to the games official release. If you wish to vent your frustration on the gem inflation, please direct it toward the appropriate folks – the players.

2nd – Grinding for gold (profit) varies from individual to individual. Lucky RNG may give you a few sweet exotic drops in relatively short time, or you likely will end up grinding porous bones for long stretches of time. You may just need to accept that if you don’t have the Gems today, you may either have to grind, break out the credit card, or learn to go without.

It has been like this since Pre-release

Gems...

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

Personally I have no real use for so much gold (well, maybe crafting, but I’m taking the scenic route, barely out of 450 on my first 400+ crafting profesion), and I’ve had no troubles getting gems so far.

Usually what I do is that when I feel I’m getting enough gold (as in 80+ which is low compared to what some people do) I start to look on gem trading anytime I log in, if I see low prices (easily seen on the graph when it’s going down), I’ll convert about half the gold I have into gems, figuring I might as well turn it back into gold if I ever need it (so far hasn’t happened).

I’ve done that about 3 or 4 times (don’t really keep track) and that has given me enough gems to buy enough transmutation crystals for 4 characters (with about 20 extra I have in the bank), an extra character slot, a bank tab expansion, enough kite fortunes during the bazaar release to purchase the zephyrite wind helm, and an armor set (the primeval, which I’m using between 2 characters) with about 1400 gems left in my balance right now. I’d have bought the magitech armor for my charr engineer as well if it wasn’t because the coat clips with the tail.

And that, while playing since release, not focused on making money but on just playing the game. I never farmed dungeons, heck, until about a month ago I had never joined a PuG group for a dungeon, only eventual guild runs here and there, I’ve only joined champion trains when killing time in the game for a few minutes or when I need to do a daily (daily champion, daily krytan events, things like that), never use the TP other than to sell extra stuff I get (crafting mats when I already have full stack, ectos from salvaging rares before I started saving them for 400+ crafting) and buying things I need (armor, weapons, runes or sigils for my characters) so I’ve never really done any flipping or anything like that and while I did join the scarlet invasions during the clockwork chaos release, most of the times I was playing with a low level character to level it up, so didn’t really earn as much money as other people did.

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

(edited by locoman.1974)

Gems...

Posted by: Elbegast.6970

Elbegast.6970

Truly outrageous!

Gems...

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

if its a problem in the game, and not intentionally by design, then it is in fact a BUG
and this fits just that. If its nt, then anet has a legal issue dealing with false advertisement (and im sure they dont want to admit that)

I can assure you that the gem purchase prices are working as intended. It’s based on supply and demand.

You are completely off the mark with the false advertisement claim. If you can show me the advertisement that Anet made claiming you can get anything in this game that you want without grinding and/or paying real money then you would be the first.

What seems more likely is that you made some pretty poor assumptions based on something you may have read in passing, briefly, paraphrased it in your own head, and are now claiming possible legal issues Anet may be facing for false advertisement.

Anet claimed you would not ever have to grind to experience content. They never said you wouldn’t have to grind in general. Optional skins or other accessory items are not necessary to complete any content in the game. You didn’t need transmute stones, you literally don’t need anything in the gem store. Those are items that you want, not need and there will be a cost associated with them, either in time spent grinding or through RMT.

It’s actually very simple.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Gems...

Posted by: Zerole.7306

Zerole.7306

I wasn’t aware that not being able to buy the fluff / convenience items from the gem store blocked the progression of gameplay. I will alert my local representative to this grave injustice.

Gems...

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

so i am supposed to be able to get naything in the game without having to grind or spend real money… yet it took me over a week to get the 360 gems i needed for 10 transmute crystals. so if it takes over a week to get those, how am i supposed to get a limited time item for 800 w/o using any real world money?

You’re not. We don’t have subscriptions, the game runs on a cash shop. Putting limited time attractive items in the cash shop encourages the purchase of gems with cash.

secondly when i started playing this game, i could have easily gotten 2400 for the amount i got 360 for… so why such a huge increase? to kitten us over and make people spend more money then they have to spend? and if the person doesnt have the money to spend, how is this in any way fair for all players in the game.

The gem exchange depends on players buying gems with cash and selling them for gold to keep the price of gems for gold in check. The imbalance between buying gems with gold and selling gems for gold is what driving the exchange rate up.

so i’m still having trouble seeing how your marketing campaign to people like me is anything but false advertisement (legal issue if you must know)

Nothing in the cash shop is needed to play the game. You can buy gems with in game coin but that’s really for the players who play a lot and understands the easiest way to earn coin.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes