[Gemstore]Alternative ability-visuals

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Escadin.9482

Escadin.9482

What would you think if Anet added replacements for the standard visual effects for a variety of skills, available at the gemstore. To make this clear: I’m not talking about the properties of a skill like damage, aoe radius, cast time etc, only it’s visual representation in the game. Two examples:

• Alterantive models for engineer’s turret skill, so it can look like the more ‘up-to-date’ turrets and machines used by scarlet and the inquest.
  • Alternative colortheme for a set of mesmer abilities so the class can actually appeal to all those people who just don’t like to sparkle all pinkish but would want to play the class otherwise.

I’m sure the community would come up with enough quality suggestions and Anet would definetly improve profit from gemstore, since the game is already that much about cosmetics and visuals. This is not meant to be a pay-to-win and I don’t see how it could possibly be.

(edited by Escadin.9482)

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Trashman.8596

Trashman.8596

This has been mentioned before and I’m surprised they have not done this yet. +1 for you! Not everyone likes green and purple.

Venkas
Ehmry Bay/Haven Community
A Commander sometimes