Gemstore tonics

Gemstore tonics

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: eduardo.1436

eduardo.1436

I was wondering. Would people buy tonics in the gemstore? what if Anet releases a tonic that transform you into a popular NPC (regardless of genderand species) like Eir, Rytlock, Anise, Canach, etc. Obviously these tonics would be endless. I for one would buy if it was a character I like

Gemstore tonics

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

I’m sure some would. On the other hand I’ve got at least a 10 transformation tonics sitting in my bank right now and they never get used. Buying more to sit in my bank to also not be used is less than appealing.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Gemstore tonics

Posted by: Goatjugsoup.8637

Goatjugsoup.8637

not unless there was some kind of wardrobe system no, ive got plenty already

Most wanted in game additions: Beastiary, readable books

Gemstore tonics

Just a flesh wound.3589

Another problem, would they be combat useable? I don’t have much use for tonics that can’t be used to fight in. I don’t spend enough time in cities for them to be worth my while. However the one combat tonic they did put out, they ruined by making it only 5 minutes with a 25 minute cooldown. That one sits unused also.

ANet may give it to you.

Gemstore tonics

Posted by: eduardo.1436

eduardo.1436

Another problem, would they be combat useable? I don’t have much use for tonics that can’t be used to fight in. I don’t spend enough time in cities for them to be worth my while. However the one combat tonic they did put out, they ruined by making it only 5 minutes with a 25 minute cooldown. That one sits unused also.

Personally I would like that, sadly tonics are never used for combat :/

Gemstore tonics

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Would people buy [insertItemName] in the gemstore?

Besides death & taxes, one thing you can sure about is that lots of people will buy [insertItemName] from the gem store, even though X% will find it useless, Y% will find it ugly, and Z% will find it overpriced. (Also, new items are almost sure to generate forum posts complaining about “obvious cash grabs” and that [insertItemName] is a “slap in the face to” veterans.)

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

(edited by Illconceived Was Na.9781)

Gemstore tonics

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I wouldn’t. The only tonic I’ve ever bought is the endless quaggan one.

I also have a couple of others I got which are account bound, but any which are tradable I sell because I’ll never use them.

GW1 gave out endless character tonics as birthday presents (for the 6th birthday I think) and I always sell those. I know some people collect them but even before GW2 came out when the first game was more active it could be hard to find a buyer. So I’m not sure how popular they’d be.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Gemstore tonics

Just a flesh wound.3589

They had great NPC tonics in Guild Wars 1 that could be used in combat. For amusement sakes, me and a friend would both use the same tonic, such as the Jora one, then go out to a map. We would also take two Joras as heroes, mine and her’s. So there would be a party with 4 Joras out doing quests. They also had their own profession specific dances, so we would use the same tonic, sync the dance and dance in unison while we chatted.

Unfortunate this game doesn’t seem to want to give us combat useable tonics. If they sold them I would buy one or two. However I doubt there’s a high demand for the items. People rarely use the ones they do have. Probably because there’s no wardrobe for them so they sit in banks or on alts except for the rare occasion that you’re in town, and you remember them and you want to goof off.

ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)