Gen 2 legendary weapon question

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Abelisk.4527

Abelisk.4527

Q:

I am investing in the upcoming gen 2 legendary sword weapon. I am currently working on Mystic Tribute. Question, will the upcoming gen 2 weapons need:

• Mystic Runestones
• Visionary Inscriptions
• Mystic Curios
• Shard of Precursors (Shard of Endeavor, Friendship, Man o’ War etc.)

I’m wondering this because I don’t want to buy things beforehand worth a ton of gold only for it to go down to use for another legendary I don’t really want. Thanks for anyone who answers, if this has already been answered, or if a dev answers.

(edited by Abelisk.4527)

Posted by: Nemo.5609

Nemo.5609

I would look at the required materials for the gen 2 mace, shield, rifle and torch. See what common materials are used etc. As far as I can see, they all require the things you listed above. To be safe, I would only buy materials that are not bound to your account, and can be re-sold on the TP if needed. For everything else, I would stockpile currencies (gold, HoT map stuff, Unbound magic) but not actually buy until the weapon is out and the exact recipe is clear.

Nemo me impune lacessit

Posted by: Edward H Angle.1407

Edward H Angle.1407

…wait, how do you know the upcoming legendary is a sword?

Posted by: Feanor.2358

Feanor.2358

You can safely assume the upcoming legendaries will use the same approach as the last few. There will be new precursor shards so you can’t craft these, but you can craft curios.

Also it’s not a 100% bet, but the system seems to work so I find it unlikely for ANet to change it any time soon.

Posted by: Tanner Blackfeather.6509

Tanner Blackfeather.6509

…wait, how do you know the upcoming legendary is a sword?

OP can’t know that the next legendary is a sword, but that’s not what they wrote either.
They are interested in “the upcoming sword”, whether that is the next legendary or one later. I’m similarily interested in the upcoming Longbow.

All we need for that is a knowledge that
A) Gen 2 of legendaries will be completed, and
B) Gen 2 hasn’t yet gotten the weapon type in question.

I am stockpiling Crystalline Ingots, t3-6 Fine mats, Curios etc as well.

(edited by Tanner Blackfeather.6509)