Gendarran Fields / Human Leveling

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Wortermelon.6035

Wortermelon.6035

Is anyone else having a little bit of trouble with keeping up with the levels in these areas?

Gendarran Fields boasts to be a level 25 – 35 area, however after completing the Kessex Hills area at level 24, I’m now sitting at level 32, with full map completion, and a little bit lost without going to another starting area.

I didn’t seem to have this problem with my Sylvari, who was regularly several levels over the area requirements.

Is it just me? I’m taking part in pretty much all the dynamic events, but I can’t seem to keep my human characters up when it comes to their levels.

Posted by: Dagok.3948

Dagok.3948

I seem to get about 5 levels out of each zone regardless of what the level says. To keep up I do crafting, story quests, and some WvWvW. Also theres pretty much multiples of zones for the same level so I end up doing those too.

Posted by: Jwalker.3519

Jwalker.3519

Have you tried doing the other races areas? I will usually do about 2 each in my lvl field so I am fully prepared for the next area.

Your probably going to have the last word in. Guess what? I really don’t care.

Posted by: Wortermelon.6035

Wortermelon.6035

Dagok – Yeah, I’ve been doing all that too, but still no luck… Maybe I’m not crafting enough?

Jwalker – I haven’t yet, however that is my next plan of action. I just don’t see why I should be going there? If this area claims to get me to level 35, why am I stuck at level 32 with nothing to do other then wait for dynamic events? O.o

I’m probably making a mountain out of a molehill, I’m aware I can just go to somewhere else quickly. I just feel like the level statements for each zone should be altered slightly to reflect their actual range.

Posted by: VakarisJ.5619

VakarisJ.5619

I went over to Gendarran when I was level 20, had completed Queensdale, Kessex and Divinity’s up to 100%, as well as completed all of the story missions in those areas. I had no problems. Soon after I went over to Hatari, while also being 5 levels lower then it and faired there with no issues (aside from the centaurs in the upper-right corner of the map, which werekittenOP).

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

Is anyone else having a little bit of trouble with keeping up with the levels in these areas?

Gendarran Fields boasts to be a level 25 – 35 area, however after completing the Kessex Hills area at level 24, I’m now sitting at level 32, with full map completion, and a little bit lost without going to another starting area.

I didn’t seem to have this problem with my Sylvari, who was regularly several levels over the area requirements.

Is it just me? I’m taking part in pretty much all the dynamic events, but I can’t seem to keep my human characters up when it comes to their levels.

it really depends on how you play. When you finish all maps before moving on, you will quickly outlevel them – which does not matter at all as the scaling to map level works rather fine.

Posted by: Eochaidh.4106

Eochaidh.4106

People, there is no arbitrary “first you do this, then you do that” thing. Just go somewhere else, do some other events, come back later. My recommendation is to never skip dynamic events.

Posted by: Levian.6742

Levian.6742

I agree completely. I have 3 sylvari characters and they all have no problem with leveling according to the area.

In the human zone, I completed all the hearts and DE’s and I was still about 3 levels under the next area. I completed my story as well until the difficulty caught up with my character’s level. Then I went to the charr area, and after completing the first 5 or 6 hearts I FINALLY was a high enough level to progress in the human area again.

Again, on all my sylvari characters, not once did I have to go to another starting zone to level. After doing the hearts, DE’s, and story I was on average the same, or one level higher than the next area of the map

Posted by: DusK.3849

DusK.3849

Don’t rush it, soak up those DE’s, do some crafting. By the time I hit G. Fields, I was always one or two levels above the heart or personal story quest I was doing. Take your time, smell the roses. It’s not a race.

Like rock and metal remixes of video game music? Check out my site and get your headbang on!
Also, check out Hardcore Adventure Box: World 1, World 2, Lost Sessions
Main Character: Dathius Eventide | Say “hi” to the Tribulation Clouds for me. :)

Posted by: Neppu Demion.7439

Neppu Demion.7439

I actually ended up far higher than each area, probably because I just can’t resist doing every single dynamic event I come across even if I’ve already done it 30 times before. If you’re too low to start the next area, why not go back to Queensdale and farm copper/aspen wood for your proffessions? Or sell stacks of them. Kill everything and do every event as you go. You level up surprisingly quick doing that. I went from 36-37 in about 2 hours of farming in Queensdale. Or you could go to the other race’s starter areas and explore. Go to the Charr area and check out their city, it’s easily the best looking city in any MMO, ever.

Posted by: jungfreud.5167

jungfreud.5167

Yes, the human zones seem to be the worst for leveling (I have done all the starter and teen level zones). The dynamic events are too spread out, occur infrequently, and don’t link together very well, which over time results in an experience deficit. And they are boring for the most part, centaur waves or wagon trains. I was blown away when I did the other race’s starter areas by the cool dynamic events and storylines. The centaur stuff is really crap and lacks any personality whatsoever.

If you want to continue to level in a linear fashion without going back to other zones, I would recommend following a different race’s progression path for better results.

Posted by: Edge.4180

Edge.4180

I don’t think the human zones are bad for leveling at all. My experience has been completely different, where my character is a little over 10 levels ahead of the curve. I could have completely skipped the entire Kessex Hills map after leaving Queensdale and gone straight to Gendarran Fields and still been ahead of the starting range for that zone.

I suspect the players who are struggling to keep up in levels are the types of players who spend significant chunks of time playing the game for long stretches (like starting and completing a zone on the same day). Where as players like myself who are far ahead in levels (compared to the zone) spend upwards of a week on a single map because we only play for a couple of hours per day – and thus automatically complete the daily achievement in a zone many times before moving on.

(edited by Edge.4180)

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

First off all, Who said that Gendarran fields is a human leveling area? Cause it borders to Queensdale?.
You can mostly decide yourself what you do and where you go and there are no dedicated areas. Take for example Kessex Hills. It borders both to Queensdale as to Caledon forrest. Several Sylvari personal storys point to Kessex as well (and later on to Gendarran fields) and basicly Sylvari already can pick if they go to Kessex or to Brisbane after being ready in the starter area.

The level range of an area is in my opinion an indication when you can do it and not that it will bridge that range.

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

Posted by: VakarisJ.5619

VakarisJ.5619

First off all, Who said that Gendarran fields is a human leveling area? Cause it borders to Queensdale?.

It’s a human area because it belongs to Kryta. Kryta is human territory, just like Ascalon (currently) is Charr territory.

Posted by: Antihoc.2503

Antihoc.2503

Finished Gendarran Fields yesterday at level 35 before going to next area, like others have said I mixed in a little bit of crafting and completed the personal story upto around the level 33.
I think that doing the daily achievement helped a bit on this for me because at least it meant that I was not skipping events etc whilst I was in this area

Posted by: Edge.4180

Edge.4180

I think that doing the daily achievement helped a bit on this for me because at least it meant that I was not skipping events etc whilst I was in this area

Yes, completing the daily achievement every day means you are participating in at least 5 events minimum per day. That adds up to a lot of experience; events are worth a lot more than heart tasks.

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

DE’s are a huge source of exp, dont rush the objectives, do every DE you find. Also zones that are level 25 and greater are not designed to level you all the way to the next 10th level, thats why there are more than one of these zone sets.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

Posted by: Allyhoo.7608

Allyhoo.7608

I never had trouble leveling as a human until I got to Gendarran Fields. It seemed like it took a lot longer than previous zones because dynamic events were few and far between. Asside from centaurs attacking Nebu Terrace, I felt like I was running around aimlessly trying to find another DE. And it wasn’t a lack of players, I saw people everywhere and when an event would pop it was like a swarm of locasts descending on the area. Two caravan missions seemed to bugout everyday with the cart stopping on a bridge and never moving again until server reset. I finally managed to level up there, but it was much more tedious than previous zones. After moving on from that place, I was quickly able to get ahead of the leveling curve again.

Devs please add more dynamic events to Gendarran Fields.