Generation Wars 2

Generation Wars 2

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: TsukasaHiiragi.9730

TsukasaHiiragi.9730

Looking at all the past updates, and gates created by the developers. The time to get many items and titles is just way out of proportion.

The laurel system requires countless months of dailies, if not years to get everything – W3 titles are a frickin joke in the amount of time to actually get some of the titles. And the less said about Legendaries..the better.

Now with the Guild Missions, since getting influence takes so long…some of the major upgrades will take a seriously long time as well. Sure you can say, we’re buying time to fix the game, but seriously its ridiculously what Anet is asking of its players, should we start making arrangements to hand down our accounts to our children so they can continue on the good fight?

protest this travesty of a patch -
Get it taken down -
Do whatever it takes if you care about this game -

Generation Wars 2

Posted by: Cole Eyre.8471

Cole Eyre.8471

I just opened over 50 of these black lion chests looking to get the tiger backpack cover. Of course I didn’t. So while I agree with everything OP said here, I’d also like to add in some grumblings over an apparently very low drop rate for a silly looking tiger backpack cover.

aNet: I’ll pay you money to never have to play BLC-Bingo again for this item.

Generation Wars 2

Posted by: gillius.2856

gillius.2856

lmao the way im going it ill be my grandkids that get twilight (or sunrise or whatever) seems like im never gonna get one…

Generation Wars 2

Posted by: Sahfur.5612

Sahfur.5612

Don’t worry, the people who took advantage of numerous bugs/exploits or flipped the market will buy plenty of them to make up for that.

Maybe they’ll let you take a screenshot of their character.

Plants, As far as I know are still, still bending toward
the light! And if we dance, until the heart explodes,
It’ll make this place ignite!

Generation Wars 2

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

Or you could just take your time. All of the items are easy to get unless you try to grind them out. Only then do they become a pita. Take it slow. Enjoy the game.

Even if they stopped developing right now, it would take me years to get all the stuff I want. How anyone could complain about that is beyond me.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Generation Wars 2

Posted by: Lil Green Dragn.8049

Lil Green Dragn.8049

What, do you want everything handed to you on a silver platter? You aren’t meant to get these things within a week/s. There supposed to be long term goals.

GW2 isn’t about jumping from upgrade to upgrade. That would mean countless tiers of gear, which is a BAD thing. If it’s cosmetic things you’re aiming for, surly once you get something which you like the look of, you don’t want to be in a hurry to get rid of it.

Generation Wars 2

Posted by: Parisalchuk.9230

Parisalchuk.9230

What, do you want everything handed to you on a silver platter? You aren’t meant to get these things within a week/s. There supposed to be long term goals.

GW2 isn’t about jumping from upgrade to upgrade. That would mean countless tiers of gear, which is a BAD thing. If it’s cosmetic things you’re aiming for, surly once you get something which you like the look of, you don’t want to be in a hurry to get rid of it.

People have been saying that since release. Well, its months into the game and I still have yet to get a Precursor from anything (Bosses, chests, mobs, MF). Fact is they keep saying they want the game to feel more rewarding, but with every new release items that matter get harder and harder to get.

But please, rehash the same “you want everything handed to you” line for the next 6 months….

O O O O I I I O – Spoons and Sporks [Soup] (Retired)
http://www.twitch.tv/parisalchuk

Generation Wars 2

Posted by: Fortuna.7259

Fortuna.7259

People have been saying that since release. Well, its months into the game and I still have yet to get a Precursor from anything (Bosses, chests, mobs, MF). Fact is they keep saying they want the game to feel more rewarding, but with every new release items that matter get harder and harder to get.

But please, rehash the same “you want everything handed to you” line for the next 6 months….

You forget that MMO’s are not games… they are careers. 6 months is nothing… these goals are meant to take you 6 years of all the gaming hours you can muster. How else will you be convinced to spend 6 years of gaming dollars all in one place? Oddly, ANET convinced a bunch of people to buy GW2 with the premise that it wouldn’t be this insane.

LF2M Max Ascended Only!

Generation Wars 2

Posted by: buki.3108

buki.3108

Hmmm I don’t think it’s so much that people want items handed to them, but the fact that we can only take 1 step per day. If we could gain more laurels per day from “grinding” it would be better… (remaining neutral on the grind topic, just saying it would relieve some people if they were given more options).

As of now the only thing we can do to get the new gear is login, do daily, logout. That sucks. It’s like we’re playing Farmville.

Generation Wars 2

Posted by: Magnetron.5823

Magnetron.5823

I agree with Buki… I have played a free game Metin 2 for 5 years and it took me 4 years to have a good pve/pvp gear and i didnt even reached lvl 99 (90).

I left that game because i wanted something new and i joined GuildWars 2. In a few months i achieved.

~ Sunrise
~ Fractals to 30
~ 4700 Achievement points
~ 2x 80 full geared characters
~ 300g+ in my inventory

And this in just a few months, so i believe the game is already casual and a bit too easy in my eyes.

The loot what you get from this game is a ‘Bonus’ the real reward is the enjoyment.

So lets stop cry about loot drops, this is how the game is and now deal with it.

Born in the Desolation. Die for Desolation.

Generation Wars 2

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

So, I work full time and I’m working on my masters. I get an hour or two to log in on probably about 4-5 of the 7 days in a week since I’m fortunate enough to be married to someone else who plays GW2.

I know that to ANet, this puts me in the category of gamers who will be buying gems instead of spending tons of time in game to grind for items, but that’s simply not the case and here’s why:

My next big gear upgrade is an ascended back item. I was lucky enough to get one of the rare items needed to make this from one of the handful of Fractals runs I’ve done.

However, I need about 71 gold worth of powerful bloods and ectos before I can make this item.

There’s no way I can throw that much cash at the gem shop for even a fraction of that and there’s no way I can farm enough gold to buy it either…

…especially since CoF farm runs only take mesmers and warriors, while I play a ranger.

So, in other words, the huge grind required for items in this game is so big, it’s even alienated people like me, that would otherwise be willing to spend some rl money for an achievable goal.

Generation Wars 2

Posted by: Codo.2860

Codo.2860

GW2 is definitely not a grinding game.

It takes maybe 100 hours to make a level 80 character in full exotics, and then you can compete in every stage of the game.
Ascended gear only offer a minor benefit (much less than the difference between rare and exotics) and has been clearly introduced to keep players playing after everything else that matters is achieved.
Encouraging players to spend half an hour a day on GW2 is in no way a bad attitude imho. With that and sometimes a fractal you can keep your character slowly improving with little effort.

GW2 is perfect for people that want to be on par with the best but can’t/don’t want to spend 10 hours a day playing.