Geo glider

Geo glider

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Hiwi Kiwi.7386

Hiwi Kiwi.7386

#unpopularopinion

But really.. the visuals are a bit over the top on this glider. It is so overwelming that I have heard many, including myself, cannot look at it without getting a bit motion sick. It also destroys the fps of lower-end machines.

I know everyone ‘loves’ it, but can we be practical here? .. Perhaps just a bit of a nerf on the visuals, not completely destroying it. :/ I dunno.

*waits for the incoming attack of ‘u suk’ and ‘get better comp’, blahblah.

Thanks, Anet.

" ’Cause in the end, all you really have are memories. "
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Geo glider

Posted by: Skekzyz.1458

Skekzyz.1458

Totally agree with OP.

Easy fix, give us a check box or some type of option to Low Res or just shut off other people’s gliders, the Raven one is horrible too.

____________________________________Skekzyz
The Dark Crystal [TDC] – Henge of Denravi

(edited by Skekzyz.1458)

Geo glider

Posted by: Sarge shot Grif.6450

Sarge shot Grif.6450

We need an option for this in the menus just like the weapon sound options, let us make it so we only see players using the vanilla glider.

Geo glider

Posted by: bOTEB.1573

bOTEB.1573

People are paying for skins so they can be seen by others, not just for themselves.

The glider is great and it should look even more flashy imo, and should sing war songs too.

Geo glider

Posted by: Hiwi Kiwi.7386

Hiwi Kiwi.7386

People are paying for skins so they can be seen by others, not just for themselves.

The glider is great and it should look even more flashy imo, and should sing war songs too.

So, we should risk real life pain just so those who pay money can look ‘good’? :/ No issue with people paying money for something, but to say it is more important than someone’s health.. Finally logged out of WvW today because I just couldn’t take the headache that had started from seeing them.

As everyone has said – perhaps an option to just turn them off? Also, oh god the raven.. lol Thankfully it doesn’t bother me too much.. but I see what you mean, certainly.

" ’Cause in the end, all you really have are memories. "
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Geo glider

Posted by: Shirlias.8104

Shirlias.8104

We need an option for this in the menus just like the weapon sound options, let us make it so we only see players using the vanilla glider.

This would be the best solution.
+1

Geo glider

Posted by: Shirlias.8104

Shirlias.8104

I don’t see what’s your problem at all.
Sounds from gliders, minis, gathering tools and so on were a problem, so ANET put an option to allow players to manage em ( or maybe to mute em ).

The same could, and should, happens with gliders as op stated, both cause they can lowering fps and cause motion sickness.
And ANET is currently working on mount ( also through settings ) in order to solve problems motion sickness related, so i don’t see why not about gliders/auras.

Also players who don’t like things which are “ruining” the fantasy ambientation could disable em, downgrading to a standard one.

You have a really good pc and don’t suffer from fps or also you don’t suffer from things like motion sickness?
Be my guest and stay in line for a hug.

Geo glider

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

Yeah, a lot of additions in the past year or so feel way over the top. It really doesn’t help combat either because you can barely see anything with all the auras and spell effects going off.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

Geo glider

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

There is a wonderful option in the game which makes armor of others use a default skin. It works wonders for low-end machines, or better machines in places with loads of players. For some reason it only works on armor, you can still see legendary weapons and gliders, if they expand that option to weapons and gliders it would easily solve most performance problems, and without affecting the actual graphics for those who have powerful machines.

Geo glider

Posted by: Blodeuyn.2751

Blodeuyn.2751

Disco ball glider needs to be a thing.

An option to turn off gliders would be nice for those who wish to do so. I don’t care who can see my stuff.

Blodeuyn Tylwyth
Quaggan OP [QOP], League of Extraordinary Siegers [LEXS]
Ehmry Bay

Geo glider

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

So, we should risk real life pain

What?
15charrs

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

Geo glider

Posted by: Ameepa.6793

Ameepa.6793

Hehe don’t worry, I doubt you will see these things for long. I too got one and noticed that it is very disturbing even for the users themselves. The long fire tail kinda fills the screen and makes it hard to actually see anything. Had to stop using it quickly after trying it and made a conclusion that it’s more like a situational joke thing than a normal every day glider. For that purpose it’s fine as it is.

Geo glider

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

There is a wonderful option in the game which makes armor of others use a default skin. It works wonders for low-end machines, or better machines in places with loads of players. For some reason it only works on armor, you can still see legendary weapons and gliders, if they expand that option to weapons and gliders it would easily solve most performance problems, and without affecting the actual graphics for those who have powerful machines.

That seems like a good idea, in general. I’d like to see three separate settings for armour, weapons, gliders/mounts.

If they start selling flashy mount skins then I’d imagine it could tank people’s PCs quite easily as people will be spending a lot more time on their mounts than they do gliding.

Geo glider

Posted by: Ben K.6238

Ben K.6238

It sounds like Evon was looking for an excuse to smash some teeth to me.

(edited by Ben K.6238)

Geo glider

Posted by: Hyrai.8720

Hyrai.8720

Yea he could’ve left out the “hahaha”, but tbh I’m with him in terms of “don’t mistake something that bothers you with something that puts your health in danger”

I feel like since the mounts are reworked because of people getting motion sick, everyone is now trying to abuse this argument to shut down any aspect of the game that bothers them…

Don’t get me wrong, I’m totally on one page with ANet reworking the weird controls of mounts. They have a completely new mechanic/gameplay that people should be able to use without getting sick.
But if you guys get “motion sick” by something flashy in a video game, i really doubt gw2 is the right hobby for you…

(edited by Hyrai.8720)

Geo glider

Posted by: Flatley.1620

Flatley.1620

It actually hurt my eyes to look at. Can’t see me buying one.

i75820K@4.4ghz Noctua NHU14S GTX980TiSC
SoundblasterZ AsusX99Pro 512GBM2SSD 1TBSSD
3TBHDD 16gbRAM Corsair900D Win10Pro Corsair rmi1000w ethernet 100 down, 6 up

Geo glider

Posted by: WARIORSCHARGEING.2637

WARIORSCHARGEING.2637

Geo glider I love it fully and hope they add a disco ball gilder too !!!

as I am not running on a out dated potato computer at all . my problem is the game not being fully optimized . even tho I get 80 fps in most places. it be nice to play this game and get 120 or better fps like I do when I play wow and eso . and grand theft auto

no new system upgrades coming

Geo glider

Posted by: PistolWhip.2697

PistolWhip.2697

I have been championing a slider/checkbox for those silly Auras for ages now, and still nothing.

MORE BEARDS OR RIOT

Geo glider

Posted by: killermanjaro.5670

killermanjaro.5670

This would be the best solution.
+1

Also adding a +1 for this, seems a great solution for it.

Geo glider

Posted by: LUST.7241

LUST.7241

Well if others don’t want to see it, they shouldn’t be forced to. If people care about what others bought, they’d enable the option.

Seriously? Ahahha

I personally prefer my character to be flashy and to show off around.

That’s good. But not everyone cares about how other characters look. You can continue to look like that…but you can’t ask everyone to bend to your visual clutter.

Some people don’t mind it, others do. Give them the option.

(edited by LUST.7241)

Geo glider

Posted by: dagrdagaz.4913

dagrdagaz.4913

tnx to the Geo glider i need to +1 this.
:-/

Geo glider

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

the only issue i have with it is the way my character is standing on it, she is standing on it as if she is about to fall off while she should stand on it as if she rules it.

Geo glider

Posted by: Alin.2468

Alin.2468

I love this glider. I love all those effects. Thank you very much ArenaNet, and please add more items like this to the game because I will buy them all.

This is the best elementalist build: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hh5zjK7ITpQ

Geo glider

Posted by: Mea.5491

Mea.5491

So, we should risk real life pain just so those who pay money can look ‘good’? :/ No issue with people paying money for something, but to say it is more important than someone’s health.. Finally logged out of WvW today because I just couldn’t take the headache that had started from seeing them.

The problem with humanity is the lack of empathy. People who don’t suffer from motion sickness just laugh at us and will never understand this problem. I wish I could give motion sickness to these people for one day… They would be shocked.

We need an option to disable glider (and aura) effects. It would be optional, which means people who buy these items can still enjoy them. But this is MY screen and I don’t want to puke when I look at it.

Geo glider

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

I actually like the over the top effects from this glider. Not useful in all situations but soloing it’s fine.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes