Get Rid of the Druid Please

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Stajan.4581

Stajan.4581

OK I know I am going to hear it from lots of ppl about this but I have to voice this because it is driving me crazy.

I have tried to love the druid and there is one skill I think is perfect but one skill one and the is natural strider it gives you switness without having to have it this is great, after that the druid goes right into the mystic toilet.

Everyone loves them for their support for raid who cares, unless you are in the elite groups and doing raids the average person playing is not going to care or want to play druid, so change it.

The ranger had a great start in the right direction with their traps and then you went and game traps to DHs this was the worst idea ever and now trapper rangers are no where to be found. and the condi druid is no where close to what rangers can or use to do .

So why did they make the ranger the druid well the needed a dedicated healer whell guess what they had two of them and right now water healer ells are great. and the healer guardian was just as strong.
plus a ranger could be a very powerful healer when the right build and weapons and pets.

It has become so bad that I have left my beloved ranger and gone to the reaper as it is funner game play and and he druid is no where need the same as my ranger was. everyone will say then play the ranger the answer to that is no you see when you have something new you want to play that and this is what the druid was and what the reaper is now as my reaper dose better condi damage then my ranger.

This should never have happened, the ranger was a great condi dealer and now it is no where near that of the reaper or the burnzerker. so how to fix this well there are a couple of ways, first take the traps away from the DHs and give them to the ranger, and make the guardian a healer monk type char,
second delete the druid and start over and give the ranger something that compliments what it was good at in the first place, You did this with every class except DH and Dru they went off in left field some where and they are not coming back and they are just bad as the DH is OP and the druid just sucks.

I beg you please redo the druid into something else get rid of this dedicated healer and bring back what the rangers were good at in the first place and compliment this.

give the double daggers and more mobility, give them a rifle and make them a sniper, give them a shield and make them a warden, give them multiple pets to comtrol and call them a beastmaster but get rid of the bad druid.

Posted by: Andraus.3874

Andraus.3874

Sorry you don’t like. Some people do, some people don’t. You can still play condi ranger if you want but due to power creep it is really bad. Honestly it wasn’t that good to begin with but now…… Anyway I would suggest you make a suggestion for a new specilazation. Anet isn’t going to get rid of Druid. But they are someday making new specs

Posted by: Deleena.3406

Deleena.3406

But base ranger is a beastmaster!

/on topic NO!

/Druid4life

Posted by: Wanderer.3248

Wanderer.3248

Any suggestion that a ranger should have a rifle will immediately be shouted down by foaming at the mouth nature lovers on these forums. Ditto for pet removal, not being a Druid etc. Some people even hated the idea of a Druid being ‘celestial’ instead of being completely nature focused. Trust me, these people are rabbid.

One way to make a non healer Druid kind of fun is to not use a staff. (Ignore the cries of ‘heresy’ at this point).

I use cultivated synergy (helps build astral force without a staff) natural stride, and ancient seeds.

Ancient seeds works great with a great sword, longbow, offhand axe, or with glyph of equality: you can very easily knock down or stun and entangle an opponent in the same move. I usually run with great sword, two axes, and wolves, so there are often cases where I can repeatedly knock an opponent down and entangle them.

Glyphs are fun because they have such short cool downs. I often spam glyph of empowerment in a fight.

Celestial avatar can be kept on call for when you or a group really need healing.

Obviously this is not a dedicated healer, but it’s much more fun, and it can be used in WvW, solo, or ad-hoc event groups. You have the flexibility to face tank, go ranged, or stand back and support (often in the same fight).

Posted by: Eternalight.4708

Eternalight.4708

You are speaking as if you’re our spokesmen. Speak for ones self rather than all of us.

Ranger does perfectly well without druid spec & still fairs well in pretty much all content. I cleared HoT on my ranger without too many issues & played with him in the pvp leagues.

I fail to see your actual point other than you feeling ranger is subpar to other professions/specs.

They don’t need to be in the meta to be considered good.

level 80 Thief – Home Sweet [Home] – Black Lion Mercenary Corps [MERC] ~ Sea of Sorrows

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I get that the OP doesn’t like the druid, for various reasons. I don’t understand why that makes the elite bad for the game. The OP has one concept for the class; other people have other ideas.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Stajan.4581

The point was this, all the classes except ranger and guardian have a specialization that compliments what they do. That is where the ball was dropped, they took ranger into the world of healing where it did not need to go and guardian into the world of even more DPS and crowd control.

Rangers where some if not the best crowd controlers in the game knock back traps pets ext and now with the other specialization out there that do a better job at what the ranger was good at in the first place and they focus on what they were good at and made them better.

The druid is a bad class period wooden potatos even said it after playing it, the coni build for druid sucks the knock down entangle is weak and to have something that is ok you cant really run your traps which us what was the best part of ranger.

The fact tthat we can not throw the traps at a distance is crap, as well. So the druid can heal bit deal who cares you want to know how easy it is get out of combat you heal

Rangers could have been and should have been so much more then what they were turned into and they should really look at re doing the druid. I would suggest double daggers with lots of movement where they have they same kind of effect as torment. If they ar moving they do extra damage, give the main hand dagger attacks that move them with speed like quickness and superspeed, throw in the glyph that everyone loves so much and an elite trap that dose dps plus all condis for a period of time. then you could throw in a extra heal if you wanted that again flows this type of thing where the ranger moves and a wave of water follows behind healing and removeing condis. The pets are great and are a start for sure but have another healing pet that also removes condis if you want have a attribute in beast master that allows you to have 2 pets at once something that is interesting and different but follows th eidea of what the ranger was good at in the first place. not this druid celestial crap

Posted by: DoogySnowStalker.2069

DoogySnowStalker.2069

I see that you’ve decided to make your own thread to cry about after complaining on this thread.
Again, Druid may of not been what you’ve wanted it to be, but that doesn’t mean that everyone shares your opinion of scrapping the entire Elite Specialization. Wanting an entire Specialization to be removed on the sole reason of not liking it is pretty childish in the first place, lol.

Is a Warrior just a pet without a Ranger?

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

I like my submarine druid.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: SmudgerUK.4715

SmudgerUK.4715

I haven’t even tried the Druid. Didn’t like the sound of it, so I didn’t bother with it. I might be missing out on something I’d eventually grow to like, but I like my Ranger just fine as he is. I wouldn’t mind having ground targeting for my traps again though.

Posted by: FogLeg.9354

FogLeg.9354

Pretty much disagree on everything on OP. In WvW guild raids we never used Rangers before HoT, only Rangers and Thieves were so useless they never got a spot. Yes, there was always a lot of people playing them and asking to join our guild. I get it, Ranger is great at soloing PvE stuff or roaming in WvW. In group fights they provide nothing.

Now we have been bringing in Druids. And they are actually not bad at all. I am not saying they will replace every Guardian and Necro but with group of 15 bringing 1-2 Druids is working our pretty well. They will survive well enough to not die at first contact, they provide a lot of group healing and condi removal and they still manage to throw out damage and CC enemies.

So, Druid have turned one of the worst, most useless classes into something ok. Not the greatest, but ok. They on same level with Scrappers or Warriors. And I would say they are more useful then Chronos atm (not going to mention Thieves who just do not belong to WvW).

If you want to discuss useless elite specs, surely there is nothing worse then Berserker. Its not even that Berserker is somehow bad, its just completely boring and pointless, adding nothing to the base Warrior. In fact, Warriors are only class we now run without elite spec in WvW raid (again, forget Thief, with or without elite).

Posted by: Sinope.5630

Sinope.5630

I love Druid, and I play a lot my Druid too.

Druid is not so simple to play with. It is that kind of specialization what you really need to learn to play. It is like monk in GW1. You need to keep an eye all the time your group health bars and make that kind of decisions that you support your party in most best way. You need to know where your party members are in every moment, that you can teleport to that one who needs most help and give health and support to him/her.

I have to say that little by little I have learned to play my little Druid, the most efficient way. Maybe it helped a lot that I was a Monk in GW1. From there I learned, that it is not important to see what happens around of you. You just stare those healthbars and keep them up so others can do their job. When others start to trust you and gives time to time credit for it, that is best feeling in this game.

Posted by: Paradox.1380

Paradox.1380

You’re forgetting all the wonderful DPS options Druid brings. No one is forcing you to take healing talents. On top of that Celestial Form Skill 5 is a VERY nice CC for break bars, And many of the glyphs take on an offensive nature when in Celestial Form. There’s also the glyph that is just a straight up damage increase on a short cool down. You don’t HAVE to like it, but you can’t focus on one portion of the Druid and instantly claim it’s not up to par with the style of a Ranger, because it is.

-It’s Lady Paradox- Sweet Adrenaline
“What Part Of Living Says You Gotta Die?
I Plan On Burnin Through Another 9 Lives”

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

The point was this, all the classes except ranger and guardian have a specialization that compliments what they do. That is where the ball was dropped, they took ranger into the world of healing where it did not need to go and guardian into the world of even more DPS and crowd control.

Rangers where some if not the best crowd controlers in the game knock back traps pets ext and now with the other specialization out there that do a better job at what the ranger was good at in the first place and they focus on what they were good at and made them better.

The druid is a bad class period wooden potatos even said it after playing it, the coni build for druid sucks the knock down entangle is weak and to have something that is ok you cant really run your traps which us what was the best part of ranger.

The fact that we can not throw the traps at a distance is crap, as well. So the druid can heal bit deal who cares you want to know how easy it is get out of combat you heal

Rangers could have been and should have been so much more then what they were turned into and they should really look at re doing the druid. I would suggest double daggers with lots of movement where they have they same kind of effect as torment. If they ar moving they do extra damage, give the main hand dagger attacks that move them with speed like quickness and superspeed, throw in the glyph that everyone loves so much and an elite trap that dose dps plus all condis for a period of time. then you could throw in a extra heal if you wanted that again flows this type of thing where the ranger moves and a wave of water follows behind healing and removing condis. The pets are great and are a start for sure but have another healing pet that also removes condis if you want have a attribute in beast master that allows you to have 2 pets at once something that is interesting and different but follows the idea of what the ranger was good at in the first place. not this druid celestial crap

I think dragon hunter was one of the best decisions because it was a clear line of demarcation: noobs would complain it’s OP while good players knew how to counter it leading to it having a clear bronzestomper role.

I also used druid in PvP and the roots if anything feel very OP not weak and it’s nice having celestial avatar handy for the big condi cleanses and dazes.

Posted by: Metherlance.9204

Metherlance.9204

So from the way you described what you wish Druid was…You want a Thief, but with pets, and no real theme to it. Let’s be clear – some of us enjoy Druid for what it is. I LOVE being able to build in such a way that I lose barely any damage but gain the option to heal when necessary.

Traps were never the defining feature of rangers – pets and the nature theme are. If you don’t like that, there are other classes you can play. But please don’t presume that just because you like the class one way that everyone else will appreciate the same changes you want.

And classes having specializations that already compliment what they did? HAH! I present to you:
Scrapper (Completely different from base Engi. Melee-based bruiser was nowhere near base Engi)
Reaper (Same as Scrapper)
Herald (Nowhere near same as base Rev – pushes it towards super support)
And you already agree DH and Druid don’t.

So of the 9 specializations, 5 out 9 don’t compliment what classes already did.

(edited by Metherlance.9204)

Posted by: Kayberz.5346

Kayberz.5346

Elite specs are not supposed to just do the same thing the base class already does, they are supposed to offer it something DIFFERENT and NEW.
And druid DOES complement rangers base class, you gain a support role as a druid. So now instead of sending out your pet and pew pew, you can send out your pet and heal/support it WHILE you pew pew

Posted by: Aedelric.1287

Aedelric.1287

While they are at it they could get rid of jumping and skills and loot and chat too!

I never read the post as the topic title was enough, you can not ask for Arena Net to remove core parts of the game and be taken seriously.

“I am Evon Gnashblade and this message is acceptable to me.”

Posted by: Vyriis.6258

Vyriis.6258

The ranger had a great start in the right direction with their traps and then you went and game traps to DHs this was the worst idea ever and now trapper rangers are no where to be found. and the condi druid is no where close to what rangers can or use to do .

Well this is wrong. I play Trapper Ranger quite exclusively. And, in fact, can switch it up to a Condi Druid party support and still keep my damage up there whilst boosting my parties dps.

It has become so bad that I have left my beloved ranger and gone to the reaper as it is funner game play and and he druid is no where need the same as my ranger was. everyone will say then play the ranger the answer to that is no you see when you have something new you want to play that and this is what the druid was and what the reaper is now as my reaper dose better condi damage then my ranger.

I also went to play Condi Reaper for a while, about a month, as I saw vids of them doing some ridiculous bleed damage in raids. When using the same builds in fractals and open world the damage was lower than what my Ranger was hitting in general.

This should never have happened, the ranger was a great condi dealer and now it is no where near that of the reaper or the burnzerker…

Comparing a base class to an elite spec. The Ranger, through use of the Druid, is actually as useful as the Burnzerker. The Burnzerker can do massive burn damage, sure, but that’s because that’s what the spec was build for. Throw a Condi Spirit Druid next to them and watch that damage go MUCH higher. Druid is good in that it boosts the teams overall dps while sacrificing little in terms of self dps.

…delete the druid and start over and give the ranger something that compliments what it was good at in the first place, You did this with every class except DH and Dru they went off in left field some where and they are not coming back and they are just bad as the DH is OP and the druid just sucks.

I beg you please redo the druid into something else get rid of this dedicated healer and bring back what the rangers were good at in the first place and compliment this.

Myself and many others quite enjoy and prefer the Druid as it does, as I mention above, a great deal in terms of party support. DH is nice and has great burst damage. But I say it again. Run Druid with the DH and you are going to get more dps than running just two DH, if you operate the Druid properly. And to paraphrase a Dev (not going to search for the exact quote) The elite specs were intended to allow players to play each class in a way they were not able to play them before. i.e. Ranger (Druid) as party support, Necro (Reaper) as heavy front liner, Guard (DH) as crowd control.

give the double daggers and more mobility, give them a rifle and make them a sniper, give them a shield and make them a warden, give them multiple pets to comtrol and call them a beastmaster but get rid of the bad druid.

As someone else mentioned; giving Ranger double dagger and making it mobility based would simply be making it a Thief with a pet. No thank you. Giving them a rifle and calling them a sniper; Ye old’en days Bowmen of great skill were named Snipers as well. Do not need a rifle for that purpose. I would gladly accept the shield, when they fix Sword or if they give us a main hand to go with it. And giving us more than one pet at a time would be broken unless they bumped the Rangers damage down some when specing into it.

There are many ways they can go with E-specs for Ranger in the future. But as it is Druid is a really good one. I am actually glad to have it. I will admit the full on healing side of it is only useful in Raids. But the party support aspect of it has a greater use game wide. Just a matter of Learn to Play.

Posted by: Zeefa.3915

Zeefa.3915

I dislike druid too and been kinda disappointed, that I was unable to enjoy the elite spec for my main character.

However… I know that is just my opinion of the druid and others like it and at this point it would be foolish to replace it.

So I happily play as a simple ranger still and hope that maybe, the next batch of elite specs will bring something for ranger that I might like.

Life doesn’t stop being funny just because the dead can’t laugh.

Posted by: Kalarchis.8635

Kalarchis.8635

“I don’t like this elite spec. I know there are people who love it but who cares about them, change the elite spec because I don’t like it.

This is actually what you said. If you don’t understand what’s wrong with this mentality, read your post again like someone saying it to you about an elite spec you love. Then imagine the devs actually listened to that person and removed/changed your favorite elite spec.

If you don’t like druid then don’t play it. There will be more elite specializations in the future.

Posted by: Sandpit.3467

Sandpit.3467

I agree with OP, Druid is horrible, it feels like every profession got an massive upgrade and ranger got junk. Give ranger a new elite spec because druid is so NOT ranger. What sort of a person would create a ranger and then be happy with what ANet turned it into? It’s like signing up at university to study astro-physics but the course tutors decide that you need to pass astrology and basic tarot reading!

Druid as a concept may be usable, but for players who want to play monks! Rangers are not those players.

(edited by Sandpit.3467)

Metherlance.9204

I agree with OP, Druid is horrible, it feels like every profession got an massive upgrade and ranger got junk. Give ranger a new elite spec because druid is so NOT ranger. What sort of a person would create a ranger and then be happy with what ANet turned it into? It’s like signing up at university to study astro-physics but the course tutors decide that you need to pass astrology and basic tarot reading!

When I chose to make Ranger my main (After maining Ele/Tempest since launch), it was due in large part to Druid.

Say what you will, some of us enjoy stuff other than spamming DPS nonstop.

Posted by: malachi.7503

malachi.7503

I’m a little curious, how is the dragonhunter OP? I take my druid into HoT and run around killing everything in site, full mobility, good heal through damage, descent group support, and adequate damage output. I take the dragonhunter into the same zones and die usually before I can get a few hits off.
Don’t get me wrong, I think druid would of worked better on a guardian crossover rather than ranger and I think the dragonhunter would of found better form in a ranger cross over. With dragonhunter I find my longbow skills forcing me to stand still much to often, while I’m doing plenty of damage output I’m also taking so much I can’t maintain a good fire pattern. Kiting on a dragonhunter is a no go because all but the first skill require me to stand still to fire.
I really don’t understand the complaints about rangers, they are fast, do good damage and I can move and fire continuously with it. the druid cross over works well because of that mobility, but would function better in a guardian because the lack of mobility would be made up for with the healing capacity.

No Retreat No Surrender

Posted by: Daddicus.6128

Daddicus.6128

I agree that it’s not a ranger, but I don’t agree that they should eliminate Druid. Instead, just get some more elite specs to us, and make the Ranger one the first profession you do.

Please.

Here’s an idea for you: on your next Living Story-type creation, have (at least) 9 story steps, with the reward at the end being a new elite spec for a profession.

Stajan.4581

OK maybe deleting the druid is a little to hard but change it then and give it to the guardian and give the DH to the ranger. Anything to get druid off the ranger for god sacks.
If they were to introduce a spear and a shield to the ranger and call them amazons or headhunters now that would be cool,
The DH is OP because of the traps drop traps pull enemies into tit then push them out and since they are DPS damage a high power makes them do tons of damage.

I also gave a way you could keep the support features of the druid if you like them that much, and with the support features you do nto even need to attack you can stand there and they get it. This is a pointless thing stand there give tem spotter o boy so exciting please hold me back am about to explode with joy. then cast spirtit and glyph and sand there again that is all you have to do as a support druid of a support ranger minus the glyph but on no that cannot be because 10% is so high that is a meer 1 for every 10 that is nto that great and it lasts for short period of time then have to recast again. Do you see how much fun this is you do nto even need a weapon to be a support druid.

Stajan.4581

I ran a passafist support druid in a fractal and guess what it did just as much as if it had had weapons and attacked cast spirt cast spirit cast glyph change to avatar heal get more damage this is so much fun I could not be contained I wanted to dig my eyes out with a spoon. Anet please please please do something about this this can not be fun for anyone and if you say it is then sorry you have a very boring world you live in

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I’m one of those ‘average’ players who has never done raids and I really enjoy playing a druid.

I have to admit I was sceptical at first, I only took that specialisation because I wanted to use Glyph of Alignment, but I’ve found the Celestial Avatar makes a useful ‘panic button’ (2 buttons technically since I have to hit 4 after switching into it). I actually like enough of the traits to make the line seem worth taking too (and I don’t like all the traits in any line on any profession). It may not be a super-perfect ‘meta’ internet-approved build, but nothing I use ever is. I have fun playing it and that’s all that matters.

Probably the only thing I don’t like at all is the staff. I’ve tried it a few times but since I mostly play solo damage dealing skills are much more useful.

And if you don’t like it you don’t have to take it. Or you can switch between it and other specialisations based on what you’re doing.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Stajan.4581

It is self centered because it is what I want them to do for the druid I want them to make it more fun a better spec, everyone is just looking at the one thing and the one thing only how great a support class this is , well guess what I do a crap load of things solo and druid has one of the best mobility skills in the game this I support fully, after that is is all about help me help me save me I am hurt save me, I get it is a MMO but 99.999999999% of the time people are running solo and doing their own thing. This is where natural strider comes in and is perfect but using that an d switching back and forth to do something is crap. Anet did not think about the ppl who like to do this kind of stuff solo and that fact that PVE is almost done solo to the point all the time. The focused on heal heal heal and ppl think that the ranger did not have good heals well they did, but now we have a monk that runs around in medium armor shooting a bow or a staff, the skills the druid has to not combine with anything the ranger has the druids only attribute not skill that has a coni on it is a master level and the person has to be dazed knocked back or the such and this is done mostly with the LB. and then with the ote rclasses coming out with higher level condi then the ranger the ranger is now useless which most ppl though any ways and I liked to prove them wrong but now I can not do that because of all these specializations. so is is self centered yeah I want the game to play the way I want because I am the one playing it. Truly look at wha the druid dose and look at what everything else dose and you will see that there is no way the druid was even though about correctly anet threw it together to get the ranger something quick this is why it was last they new that they had nothing good for the ranger

Posted by: Testudo.4620

Testudo.4620

Druid as a concept may be usable, but for players who want to play monks! Rangers are not those players.

ok then just don’t play druid? just play baseline ranger. i don’t see the problem.

Zhaife
Graduated top of class esports academy
#1 on fractal leaderboards

Posted by: Kayberz.5346

Kayberz.5346

It is self centered because it is what I want them to do for the druid I want them to make it more fun a better spec, everyone is just looking at the one thing and the one thing only how great a support class this is , well guess what I do a crap load of things solo and druid has one of the best mobility skills in the game this I support fully, after that is is all about help me help me save me I am hurt save me, I get it is a MMO but 99.999999999% of the time people are running solo and doing their own thing. This is where natural strider comes in and is perfect but using that an d switching back and forth to do something is crap. Anet did not think about the ppl who like to do this kind of stuff solo and that fact that PVE is almost done solo to the point all the time. The focused on heal heal heal and ppl think that the ranger did not have good heals well they did, but now we have a monk that runs around in medium armor shooting a bow or a staff, the skills the druid has to not combine with anything the ranger has the druids only attribute not skill that has a coni on it is a master level and the person has to be dazed knocked back or the such and this is done mostly with the LB. and then with the ote rclasses coming out with higher level condi then the ranger the ranger is now useless which most ppl though any ways and I liked to prove them wrong but now I can not do that because of all these specializations. so is is self centered yeah I want the game to play the way I want because I am the one playing it. Truly look at wha the druid dose and look at what everything else dose and you will see that there is no way the druid was even though about correctly anet threw it together to get the ranger something quick this is why it was last they new that they had nothing good for the ranger

Lol at having my post get deleted

Druid was the FIRST elite spec anet even announced so, wrong there.
And druid is probably one of the BEST elite specs for BOTH solo and group play. its not anets fault you suck at it

And your 1 person demanding that anet change something that thousands of other players would be effected by and would likely quit the game entirely if you got your way, yeah good luck with that.

Posted by: keenedge.9675

keenedge.9675

The point was this, all the classes except ranger and guardian have a specialization that compliments what they do. That is where the ball was dropped, they took ranger into the world of healing where it did not need to go . . .

+1

“John Spartan, you are fined one credit for a violation of the verbal morality statute”

Andraus.3874

So we have this one thread complaint about Druid and how it is basically too healer oriented. We had at least 20 times as meany threads last year at this time complaining about lack of Trinity in this game and how people wanted to play dedicated healers.

Anet can’t win but if you compare the overal big picture they made the right choice. Just saying.

Posted by: DoogySnowStalker.2069

DoogySnowStalker.2069

OK maybe deleting the druid is a little to hard but change it then and give it to the guardian and give the DH to the ranger. Anything to get druid off the ranger for god sacks.
If they were to introduce a spear and a shield to the ranger and call them amazons or headhunters now that would be cool,
The DH is OP because of the traps drop traps pull enemies into tit then push them out and since they are DPS damage a high power makes them do tons of damage.

I also gave a way you could keep the support features of the druid if you like them that much, and with the support features you do nto even need to attack you can stand there and they get it. This is a pointless thing stand there give tem spotter o boy so exciting please hold me back am about to explode with joy. then cast spirtit and glyph and sand there again that is all you have to do as a support druid of a support ranger minus the glyph but on no that cannot be because 10% is so high that is a meer 1 for every 10 that is nto that great and it lasts for short period of time then have to recast again. Do you see how much fun this is you do nto even need a weapon to be a support druid.

The ignorance is strong with this one. I’ve already told you in another thread that the amount of group buffs that a Druid can provide to a group is a 25-40% damage increase. The longer the fight, the more important these buffs will equal out to; Vale Guardian has 22 million health, roughly 3,300,00-6,300,00 damage additional damage will be provided through the Druid.

Yes, it is very self centered that you are asking Anet to get rid of Druid because of the sole reason of being “I don’t like it”. Just because it doensn’t suit your preferences doesn’t mean it should be deleted, when there are a large portion of people who enjoy it.
It is a shame that Druid has become nothing but a heal bot, but because of this, it has opened up alot of spots for us in all game modes, even placing us at meta tier, which is a giant upgrade from being the most under performing class before HoT.

Is a Warrior just a pet without a Ranger?

Sandpit.3467

So we have this one thread complaint about Druid and how it is basically too healer oriented. We had at least 20 times as meany threads last year at this time complaining about lack of Trinity in this game and how people wanted to play dedicated healers.

Anet can’t win but if you compare the overal big picture they made the right choice. Just saying.

But why did they choose to turn ranger into monk? Pretty sure it wasn’t rangers asking for that.

Illconceived Was Na.9781

“I don’t like this elite spec. I know there are people who love it but who cares about them, change the elite spec because I don’t like it.

That’s my feeling about the tone of the original post. Perhaps it’s not what the OP meant; it’s certainly what came across.

I think too many of us get upset when ANet’s delivery doesn’t match our expectations. What I try to do is try it out anyhow and see if I like what ANet gave us instead.

For example, I loved GW1’s mesmer — the judo profession, turning enemy strengths into weaknesses. I still feel that ANet should have named the GW2 mesmer something else, because it’s nothing like the class was in the original game. However, I tried it out and, wow, it’s also my favorite class in GW2.

And again, for the elite, I was expecting an alternative to the single main-hand weapon, the lackluster scepter. We already had two ‘strong’ two-handers (GS, staff) and plenty of off-hand options (pistol, focus, sword, and occasionally torch). We got … a shield? Jeeze. And yet, sword|shield is super fun to play (not to mention useful).

tl;dr just because people wanted something different for the Ranger doesn’t mean that Druid is ‘bad’ and certainly doesn’t mean it ought to be removed from the game.

Posted by: asterix.9614

asterix.9614

Don’t know why so many people are even replying to this troll, GO BACK UNDER YOUR BRIDGE TROLL!!!

I am playing that game where the floor is made out of lava, imma stuck in bed

Stajan.4581

Not the fact that I do not like it it is the fact that I do not like what it is and what it could have been, it could have been the support person you want so much with a higher condi out put, or a better dps, Look at every class except the DH and tell me what they all have in common, if you do not know Ill tell you their Spec compliments what the class what nade to do and makes it better, the druid and the DH take the class in the opposite direction. If they had made the druid on the guardian gave it the same stuff it has now and there would be no issue because it compliments what guardians did do in the first place, same thing with the DH on the ranger it would have complimented what rangers where made to do. Rangers were not healers, guardians were nto made to be CC, but the thief was made to be infiltration and the daredevil makes that even worse then what it iwas and their spike damage is off the charts, elle dupport DPS out put the tempest dose this in spades, the Mesmer minor CC and spike damage, warrior DPS now they have DPS and Condi dps, necro utility class reaper makes this even more so, yoyou see where this is all going every single class is complimented except the druid and the DH and yes they announced the druid it dose nto mean they had the kitten thing done. It is called a concept for a reason, second I do not suck at playing the druid a puppy could play a druid I told you already how hard is it to drop a glyph drop spirits and sit there and wait to do it all again it is not turn into avatar heal to give a little more damage, Maybe you guys suck so much at killing thing that you need that extra damage out put I for one do not think it is needed. On top of that there is only a chance that it will effect the attacks which means that it could not effect tany attack for the battle at all not likely but it could happen. There were are you right back to a no druid support group doing the same base damage as before, it is not worth the heart ache fto run a druid they are truly the crappiest class out there. When ppl where crying for dedicated healers they wanted the monk back not a want to be monk type I was not one of those ppl and never will be one of those ppl

So why druid well I do play a druid and I use 1 skill and 1 skill only natural stride that is it that is all it truly is the only good thing about the druid, I will give them credit on the new pets great I love them think they work well except with the druid. If they were making a healing spec there should have been a healing pets besides the fern hound.

The next point is that I am not the only one ther are lts of ppl that dislike hate and loath the druid and wish it to go away, iam the only one that will speak about it.
Get rid of this crappy class or redo the class to make it better so it compliments the ranger more. then do the same thing to the guardian and DH.

Andraus.3874

But why did they choose to turn ranger into monk? Pretty sure it wasn’t rangers asking for that.

It was being asked for in general. Posters don’t identify as a specific class. From your post how do I know you are a ranger or a ele or a Mesmer? Maybe the people asking for it were Rangers. There’s no way to tell really. It was just a design decision. And to Anet it made the most sense to choose ranger. And some rangers are very happy about it while others aren’t. But that’s life.

Idk where you got monk from. Daredevil is closer to monk imo

Stajan.4581

Just because they use a staff dose not make them close to the monk, the druid is a healer as was the monk in GW,

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I am not the only one ther are lts of ppl that dislike hate and loath the druid and wish it to go away, iam the only one that will speak about it.

Lots of people? Maybe. A majority of people ? I doubt that. This loathing seems limited to the subset of people who think that ANet should follow a particular theme for Ranger and aren’t willing to accept what ANet actually delivers.

It’s similar to the people who think because the class is called “ranger”, it should be a “ranged” profession.

Get rid of this crappy class or redo the class to make it better so it compliments the ranger more. then do the same thing to the guardian and DH.

Despite post after post of people saying what they do like (or love), the OP is still arguing that their idea of what “complements” the ranger matters and that other ideas (including ANet’s) are irrelevant.

Posted by: Chrispy.5641

Chrispy.5641

Any suggestion that a ranger should have a rifle will immediately be shouted down by foaming at the mouth nature lovers on these forums. Ditto for pet removal, not being a Druid etc. Some people even hated the idea of a Druid being ‘celestial’ instead of being completely nature focused. Trust me, these people are rabbid.

Pretty sure the people on the opposite side aren’t any less fanatic.

Posted by: malachi.7503

malachi.7503

Interestingly, I agree the dragonhunter and druid would make more sense if they were switched. How ever, you’re completely wrong about the druid. you say you only used one skill I submit this very statement on your part means you don’t understand the class at all. I didn’t like the druid when I first hit the spec, but once I played around with it, I realized it was quite viable. I mixxed berzeerker and cleric gear, gave myself runes of dwanna, which gives me a balanced damage /heal ratio. I don’t know anything about these meta builds people are talking about, I never use guides to work out my characters.
The druid is not the crappiest character by any means. I personally think the dragonhunter is far weaker than the druid, less mobile, more fragile, and overall not as effective. NOw, I’ll save some people the trouble and go ahead and point out, I suck at playing the dragonhunter. so, while I agree that I feel the dragonhunter and druid would be better suited if they were switched simply because thats how I felt when I got druid, and then made a dragonhunter. That doesn’t change the fact that the druid and dragonhunter both are good classes and I’m simply better at druid than the other. You obviously didn’t play it long enough to understand it.

No Retreat No Surrender

Posted by: Chokolata.1870

Chokolata.1870

I personally think that the Druid is the best thing to happen to guild wars as a whole. Finally we have a fully fledged healing class.

As to claims that it does not synergise with the pet, i call kitten. Astral form is filled out by healing, and having a pet amps up the energy bar. Furthermore, it increases the pets life expectancy significantly in PvP. Also, by playing a stun lock druid you are giving your pet opportunities to do damage.

As far as gameplay is concerned, Druid, Reaper, DH and tempest top the charts imho.

Posted by: CETheLucid.3964

CETheLucid.3964

Nah.

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

You don’t like it. you don’t play it, simple as that. Personally i don’t like DH guardian but should i advocate to get it removed, or simply play on my druid which i like hmm….

Each to their own situation tbf.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

Metherlance.9204

Typical DPS mentality. Cursing inwardly here…

!!!1121211!!!My class doesn’t do super large damages, therefore it sucks.

Fact: Druid(and Ranger by extension) is one of the best – if not the best – solo classes in the game. Off the top of my head, only Reaper comes close to the same combination of damage, survivability, and CC – and it lacks the mobility that Druid boasts, to boot. It is bar none the best support/healer available. It is not the best damage dealer – but that is okay, because it gains so much it doesn’t matter.

Your problem is entirely on your lack of understanding of how to play a solo Druid. So listen up and listen well, because you either need to learn to play your class or choose one that actually suits you.

You don’t stay in Celestial Avatar form the entire time you use Druid solo – it is purely a utility for healing when necessary. For the love of god if you solo Druid, do not use staff. Staff is entirely for healing Druid, just as you do not use Greatsword when you want to play a DoT Reaper or Staff when you want to play bunker Tempest. You don’t use all your utilities and traits on healing.

You build a mostly standard power or condi ranger, but swap out a spec – in my case Beastmastery – for Druid. You have 3 clear choices for the druid traits – mobility, survivability (Healing/self healing makes you sturdier), or damage. You only slot 2 spirits+%damage glyph when you want to support, and you don’t support solo. Otherwise, use other utilities – the only necessary one is the %damage one. Playing solo Druid does mean you’ll lost a bit of damage compared to a normal Power or Condi ranger – but this is amply made up for by the massive boost in survivability Druid provides.

Druid is one of the most versatile elite specs – it offers healing, mobility, damage, and support! The only ones that offer the same versatility I can think of are Herald and Tempest. The next time you deem it necessary to demand changes to a spec or class, at least learn how it works in the situation you’re complaining about it in.

Posted by: Emiko.3217

Emiko.3217

Here’s my take..

I think they should have came out with a rifle-toting ranger/sniper with the following skills:

#1: normal shot, but apply torment.
#2: standard rapid shot – applies 5 shots
#3: chill shot which also applies weakness
#4: mow ’em down shot – shoot up do 10 targets using bleeds, almost a cone-shaped aoe. Also give it a machinegun sound effect.
#5: long-range deathblow (sniper shot) which would do massive damage as well apply bleeds and weakness.
or #5: “Cloak of Death” would cloak you and your pet for 6-7 seconds which allows you to fight while cloaked.

Healing – healing salve that applies might or a condition remover to you and your pet
Another skill could be “Tracking your quarry” which would allow you to stealth to your target.
“Hunter’s Blind” would be another skill, which would be like a shadow/refuge that could grant healing/condition removal.

Sandpit.3467

It would be nice if ANet returned rangers to the original design philosophy

Unparalleled archers, rangers are capable of bringing down foes from a distance with their bows.

and gave us a true marksman elite spec rather than monk. I couldn’t comment on how powerful or versatile a druid is, I just know it was never in my thinking to be a monk when I rolled a ranger.

Metherlance.9204

Here’s my take..

I think they should have came out with a rifle-toting ranger/sniper with the following skills:

#4: mow ’em down shot – shoot up do 10 targets using bleeds, almost a cone-shaped aoe. Also give it a machinegun sound effect.
#5: long-range deathblow (sniper shot) which would do massive damage as well apply bleeds and weakness.
or #5: “Cloak of Death” would cloak you and your pet for 6-7 seconds which allows you to fight while cloaked.

Healing – healing salve that applies might or a condition remover to you and your pet
Another skill could be “Tracking your quarry” which would allow you to stealth to your target.
“Hunter’s Blind” would be another skill, which would be like a shadow/refuge that could grant healing/condition removal.

Sorry but that just sounds dull – no offense, you just aren’t a class designer. Again, like the OP, it sounds like you just want Thief with some of the Ranger flavor mixed in. “Stealth and damage” does not an Elite Specialization make. As Anet posted when they first started revealing the elite specs, they’re supposed to be something that allows the respective class to do something different from what it normally did. Necros got to be melee bruisers. Guardians got to be long-range nukers. Engineers got to be in-your-face damage dealers. You get the picture – so realistically, how is what you suggested any different from a combination of Axe MH and Longbow, with some stealth skills?

Hell, Druid even has a stealth.

It would be nice if ANet returned rangers to the original design philosophy

Unparalleled archers, rangers are capable of bringing down foes from a distance with their bows.

and gave us a true marksman elite spec rather than monk. I couldn’t comment on how powerful or versatile a druid is, I just know it was never in my thinking to be a monk when I rolled a ranger.

I present to you:
“Rangers rely on a keen eye, a steady hand, and the power of nature itself. Unparalleled archers, rangers are capable of bringing down foes from a distance with their bows. With traps, nature spirits, and a stable of loyal pets at their command, rangers can adapt to any situation.

None of the bolded stuff has anything to do with archery. Archery is just one part of what a Ranger is.

(edited by Metherlance.9204)

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

Here’s my take..

That sounds way overpowered but might be cool on some other class like rifle revenant (but with weaker than suggested stealth.) Skills sound cool but again there’s already too much chill, torment on autoattack is OP, and you need to trait for the condition removal upon stealth meaning giving up critical strikes or trickery (giving up DD is never an option).

For the next ranger elite I think jouster would be good. The ranger rides his pet and obtains 1/3rd of its stats while riding. The pet can’t use any skills in this form but the stat boost would make the ranger himself more formidable on his own. There would be jouster exclusive skills (some even coming from the pet and they’d all do the same thing) for both on and off the pet. If you’re riding a bristleback for example then the rapid fire damage would simply be sick especially with marauder gear.