Get rid of Crit/DD spots for Bosses

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: ikereid.4637

ikereid.4637

I think that Crit spots are extremely sort sighted, same with double damage spots. Instead I think that there should be a radius from the target that enables Crits and DD. Say 400-600 range is double damage, and 900-1200 range is Crit.

That will put players closer to the boss like you guys want, and make the entire encounter more worth while.

As it is now, the Crit spots/DD Spots are 200-300 range if that. A lot of players STILL have issues finding them, and some of the bosses dont have a spot. So what does that tell you?

And for Bosses that have safe spot gimmicks, just remove them (The Golem Box for example).

Desktop: 4790k@4.6ghz-1.25v, AMD 295×2, 32GB 1866CL10 RAM, 850Evo 500GB SSD
Laptop: M6600 – 2720QM, AMD HD6970M, 32GB 1600CL9 RAM, Arc100 480GB SSD

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

DD spots are just places where the range of cleaving melee weapons hit 2 of the bosses hit boxes. Not all classes/weapons are even capable of utilizing these spots.

Most melee cleaving weapons can hit it, pretty much no ranged weapon auto attack can utilize it, though certain ranged weapons like ele staff meteor storm can hit all 3 hit boxes with a single attack. I suspect ranger LB AOE can too.

They aren’t gimmicks, they are just an artifact of the fact that most mega bosses have more than one hit box.

Crit is just bugged currently I believe since it was just added.

Posted by: ikereid.4637

ikereid.4637

DD spots are just places where the range of cleaving melee weapons hit 2 of the bosses hit boxes. Not all classes/weapons are even capable of utilizing these spots.

Most melee cleaving weapons can hit it, pretty much no ranged weapon auto attack can utilize it, though certain ranged weapons like ele staff meteor storm can hit all 3 hit boxes with a single attack. I suspect ranger LB AOE can too.

They aren’t gimmicks, they are just an artifact of the fact that most mega bosses have more than one hit box.

That maybe so, but with the increased HP pool, even with Crit we now need to use the DD spots or have a higher chance of failing. I think if DD is going to stay in the game it should be an area instead of a spot. with a bigger range to match what the current range of skills are. Instead of the current 80 or whatever it is.

Think of a dart board, with the Boss in the middle. Those Circles are the new Crit zones and DD hit zone. Thats what I am thinking here.

Desktop: 4790k@4.6ghz-1.25v, AMD 295×2, 32GB 1866CL10 RAM, 850Evo 500GB SSD
Laptop: M6600 – 2720QM, AMD HD6970M, 32GB 1600CL9 RAM, Arc100 480GB SSD

Posted by: ChoChoBo.6503

ChoChoBo.6503

That maybe so, but with the increased HP pool, even with Crit we now need to use the DD spots or have a higher chance of failing. I think if DD is going to stay in the game it should be an area instead of a spot. with a bigger range to match what the current range of skills are. Instead of the current 80 or whatever it is.

Think of a dart board, with the Boss in the middle. Those Circles are the new Crit zones and DD hit zone. Thats what I am thinking here.

The increased HP pool was a response to the high condition damage. Adding crits was to prevent non-condi players from raging/qq. Crits are pretty buggy at the moment tho.

And I’m all for higher fail rates for world bosses.

They are WORLD BOSSES, the thought of them being little push overs always annoyed me. These are creatures that are meant to be menacing and ferocious, so failing should always be a possibility, it adds to the suspense. Even done current Teq when it was relaunched? Getting the win after so many tries, and getting the win with <1min to go? That was suspenseful. Triple Trouble, standing at a completed Wurm Head and just cheering on the last Wurm to die, with seconds to go and getting the win, has to be one of the greatest PvE feels ever.

Making all World Bosses like this, suspenseful and epic. +1 Vote from me.

But they probably won’t do it, once they fix a bit of the crit bugs, everything will probably be the same as always. No point in qq about higher failure rates.

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

That HP increase + crit also has another subtle effect : Soldier gear isn’t the optimal direct damage set to use in those fights anymore. Zerk is.

Provided we can hit the crit box at all :p

Posted by: nezroy.8492

nezroy.8492

Warrior rifle skills (including autoattack) can, provided you grab the rifle piercing trait. You just need to target the far hit box (e.g. the far leg) to make sure your shot passes through all the hit boxes. Actually pretty easy to hit all three hitboxes (incl. head) on dragon models.

I haven’t tried it since the boss rebalance so I’m not sure if it’ll also hit the secret crit spots.