Getting GWAMM/Champion of the Gods now?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: numri.7081

numri.7081

Dear friends,

When GW2 was released I had managed to rack up 45/50 Hall of Monument points netting me the “Legend of the mists” title. But everytime I see a GWAMM or Champion of the gods something inside me cracks… Not because I’m jealous of their achievement but because I’m regretting not getting my own.

Anyone who recently got back into GW1 and finished off their HoM? Was it doable? With the lack of players and shifting economy did you find anything that made it easier/harder?

I lack 23 titles to max out my account. I have the following to choose from:

Eternal Champion
Eternal Commander
Eternal Skillz
Eternal Gladiator
Eternal Hero
Eternal Lightbringer
Eternal Bookah
Eternal Delver
Eternal Slayer
Eternal Ebon Vanguard Agent
Eternal Defender of Ascalon
Eternal Tyrian Cartographer
Eternal Guardian of Tyria
Eternal Protector of Tyria
Eternal Tyrian Vanquisher
Eternal Canthan Cartographer
Eternal Guardian of Cantha
Eternal Protector of Cantha
Eternal Canthan Vanquisher
Eternal Savior of the Kurzicks
Eternal Savior of the Luxons
Eternal Elonian Cartographer
Eternal Protector of Elona
Eternal Elonian Vanquisher
Eternal Master of the North
Eternal Legendary Cartographer
Eternal Legendary Guardian
Eternal Legendary Vanquisher
Eternal Fortune
Eternal Sweet Tooth
Eternal Spearmarshal
Eternal Treasure Hunter
Eternal Source of Wisdom
Eternal Conqueror of the Deep
Eternal Conqueror of Urgoz’s Warren
Eternal Codex Disciple

Any suggestions on which are doable and which are impossible given the current state of the game?

Perhaps you can inspire me to finish off the HoM before the release of HoT.

In the meantime, here’s a picture of Mary Maceless 1 and 2
http://i.imgur.com/1vwBWuN.jpg

Well met!

Head-vagrant of the [Hobo] Union
[Underworld – Warrior] Mary Maceless
Occasionally streaming @ www.twitch.tv/numrii

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

I know a guy who went back to GW1 to get HoM points. He started out at zero as I don’t believe he had ever played GW1 before. He now has 50/50 HoM points and GWAMM, which he finished a few weeks ago.

I believe it took him approximately 7-8 months to do all that (I know it was less than a year for sure).

As such, even though I haven’t gone back to GW1 since GW2 launched (I only got 35/50 HoM points), I do know that it’s still quite possible to complete your HoM point collection and get GWAMM.

I think the person I know ended up putting in quite a few dedicated hours to get everything, and I’m not sure if he had to do anything drastic… I know that some of our guildies hooked him up with some unded minis, but I’m not sure about anything else.

If there’s one title track I’m sure is impossible, it’s the codex arena one. That thing was a barren wasteland prior to GW2’s release, and I doubt that’s at all changed. In fact, I would probably avoid all PvP-related titles as I think those ones have a drastically higher time investment required (and luck required too if it’s things like RA).

Things like the cartographer titles are a much better target because they’re very straightforward and just require time. Although the Cantha one might be a bit problematic if you can’t get someone to taxi you into the one side of that mission (forget the name).

The Kurzick and Luxon title tracks are also straightforward to get, though they take a lot of time. For those, you can probably just grind JQ over and over (I wouldn’t be surprised if it was still filled with bots). The other faction titles (i.e. lightbringer) should also be fairly straightforward to achieve.

The protector title tracks should be easy to do, though you may have to fudge some of the bonus objectives unless you can get people to play with (I’m looking at you, Dunes of Despair). The guardian ones are possibly doable as well, as they’re basically the same thing on hard mode.

Anyways, those are my suggestion. I would have a look at http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/God_Walking_Among_Mere_Mortals and http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Guide_to_earning_Hall_of_Monuments_rewards for other tips/guides and information as well.

Happy grinding!

Posted by: Mireles Lore.5942

Mireles Lore.5942

I dont think urgoz and the deep had titles.

The easiest 30 max titles will be all the pve titles.

You will need to do.

All missions, easy and hard mode with bonus.

Vanquish all areas

Explorer all of the map

Capture all elite skills

Max both sunspear and light bringer titles

Max all eotn race titles

Get two out of three sweet tooth, drunk, and party consumable titles

Get survivor and the pre searing title

That should get you to 30 titles.

I personally was a gw1 phanatic and had 36 max titles before I stopped playing for gw2. If you have any questions I will answer then the best I can in game on guild wars 2.

Director – Xunlai Heroic Service Agents [XHSA] | Yak’s Bend
http://xunlaiheroes.wix.com/xhsa

(edited by Mireles Lore.5942)

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

I’d probably recommend the GW Wiki, since all of the titles have guides for quick methods of acquisition.

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Posted by: Silmar Alech.4305

Silmar Alech.4305

Interesting combination of titles you have and titles you lack. You aren’t a completionist, but pick only specific things you do in a game. And you seem to buy things.

Anyway, I recommend you pick these titles:

Eternal Lightbringer
Eternal Bookah
Eternal Delver
Eternal Slayer
Eternal Spearmarshal

Start with vanquishing, since you get the Lightbringer, Spearmashal etc. titles automatically while vanquishing. Do cartography while vanquishing.
Look at the Zaishen missions and Zaishen vanquish quests and do vanquish/missions what is asked in these quests, so you get the bounty and money and even more title points.
Look at the Zaishen Boss bounty and do the corresponding EOTN dungeon when it is asked to get more EOTN title points from the bounty.

Duncan The Black (Slavers Exile dungeon) is somewhat difficult in hard mode. If you still need him for the master of the north title, do it after you vanquished everything, so you are used to fight in hard mode. Don’t do the prerequisite bosses in hard mode, only Duncan.

2 more are required from this set:

Eternal Fortune
Eternal Sweet Tooth
Eternal Treasure Hunter
Eternal Source of Wisdom

Which 2 you should choose depends on your progress of some of these titles.

You have “Eternal Misfortune”, but don’t have “Eternal Fortune”? That’s strange – usually, you reach “Eternal Fortune” first. Check if you are already eligible to display this title. If you don’t have it, buy lockpicks and painstakenly open every chest while you are vanquishing. Or check for the Shing Jea Boardwalk and stand on the 9 rings to get luck points without doing anything. Stand in the middle ring. Next Boardwalk is End of April at the Anniversary Celebration.

Sweet Tooth is only buying consumables. Probably very easy, since you make much money by vanquishing. Max this title after you have done vanquishing.

The other titles are more special. Probably not as easy as the other ones.

The Deep is an exception: if you manage to find a partner, it’s a thing of one evening, if at least one of you know how this mission is done. If you don’t know how it’s done, forget it. Urgoz’s Warren is a bit more difficult, especially at the end. Urgoz is a nasty enemy if conquered alone or with only 2 human players. Not beatable if you don’t know what you are facing.

(edited by Silmar Alech.4305)

Posted by: Mireles Lore.5942

Mireles Lore.5942

It is important to distinguish max titles from monuments. Alot of these you can earn the monument way way before you max the title. Some monuments don’t have titles.

Like underworld, fow, urgoz, the deep have monuments but not titles.

You can get the monuments for most pvp and faction titles at rank 3 but they will not be maxed until rank 12. Also luck, unlucky and treasure hunter are simular to this.

Your gauge of how many max titles you have should be the in game title panel. Not the HoM calculator.

GWAMM and Champion of the Gods are two seperate achivements. One is 30 max titles the other is 50 HoM points.

Director – Xunlai Heroic Service Agents [XHSA] | Yak’s Bend
http://xunlaiheroes.wix.com/xhsa

(edited by Mireles Lore.5942)

Posted by: numri.7081

numri.7081

I thought this post would go unnoticed but I’m so happy for all the great feedback from you guys!

Interesting combination of titles you have and titles you lack. You aren’t a completionist, but pick only specific things you do in a game. And you seem to buy things.

I love the impromptu psychoanalysis from my achievements!

You are absolutely correct. I’m very inconsistent in what I do (elite skill hunter) was more or less split up over 3-4 years, it all depends on what I feel like doing, but I hate to leave something unfinished (as the point of this thread).

As for buying things, yes. I’m a consumerist at heart. When I learned all areas of UWSC for ecto farm I kind of fed my habit, then i went full addict when I found a q9 15^50, 30+ Fellblade in fowsc and a q9 voltaic spear from Zaishen chest… Most of that money is gone, but i invested alot into titles.

It is important to distinguish max titles from monuments. Alot of these you can earn the monument way way before you max the title. Some monuments don’t have titles.

Yes, I fully understand this. But my goal is to reach both

Once I get home from work I’ll read through all the feedback you guys left me. Really appreciate it!

In case someone wants to go vanquishing/exploring with me just hit me up here or in gw2. It’s always more fun doing things together!

See you in Tyria!

edit: If anyone has candy/booze/festive items they would like to get rid off hit me up. I can offer some rare unded minis in GW1 … or possible serenade you with my lute in GW2 as I don’t have a vast wallet :’(

edit2: Seems i already have drunkard/festive titles, I probably forgot it from all that drinking.. Sweet tooth is still on the table though!

Head-vagrant of the [Hobo] Union
[Underworld – Warrior] Mary Maceless
Occasionally streaming @ www.twitch.tv/numrii

(edited by numri.7081)

Posted by: Ishmel.1308

Ishmel.1308

I also stopped at 45/50. Those last five points were just too painful.

Posted by: DeanBB.4268

DeanBB.4268

Is a title really worth the amount of effort? And wouldn’t you rather display a shiny new GW2 title instead? And wouldn’t you rather the time spent go towards new stuff in the new game?

Personally, I’d have a hard time going back to GW1 now.

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

i’m 42/50 and 29/30 for GWAMM. I really want that gwamm title tbh. The thing that makes me most afraid is the ‘money costing titles’. They are the barrier between getting Champion of the Gods. If gw1 is as abandoned as i hear it is, Ecto price, etc will go true the roof.

Tbh i had it all set out to get gwamm, but ONE Thing prevented me to get it. Legendary Elite skill hunter prophecies. My money ran out on stuff like mini’s, so i had to farm them. The problem being: certain mobs spawn at superior far side of Ring of Fire, and only randomly (you might get instance that doesnt spawn it). I tried 9x in row (took each an hour to get their alive), and each time failed to summon the witch at end of map. Then gw2 launched. I hope Elite tomes earned in pvp are cheaper now.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

Posted by: Turtle Dragon.9241

Turtle Dragon.9241

I am in the same boat. When I played GW1, I only ever cared about monies instead of titles. I farmed thousands of ectos and zkeys.
When HoM came out, I bought every Monument possible to fill my Hall(weapons, hero armors, armors, minis) and still have over 1000 platinum left in GW1.
As you can see though, one cannot buy most titles(except some like Sweet tooth) and I became stuck at 45/50, with a large amount(need 20 more unbuyable titles) of title grind to get to 50/50.

In your list though, the following are rather easy:
Eternal Bookah (Turn in Books)
Eternal Delver
Eternal Slayer
Eternal Lightbringer
Eternal Spearmarshal
Eternal Tyrian Cartographer (Use Cartographer Texmod)
Eternal Guardian of Tyria (Not hard with Heroes)
Eternal Protector of Tyria (Why do you not have that yet?)
Eternal Tyrian Vanquisher (Easy but grindy)

Possible to get with a little effort:
Eternal Sweet Tooth (how rich are you?)
Eternal Source of Wisdom (like really rich?)
Eternal Conqueror of the Deep (If you can find a group somehow)
Eternal Gladiator(how good are you at pvp?)
Eternal Defender of Ascalon (play a little everyday for about 50 days)
Eternal Master of the North (not recommended)

Those that are hard(some impossible) to get:
Eternal Commander (not available anymore)
Eternal Skillz (Seasonal)
Eternal Champion (GvG seems dead)
Eternal Hero (HA seems dead)
Eternal Codex Disciple (Codex seems dead)
Eternal Treasure Hunter (will take a while)
Eternal Fortune (will take even longer)

There are 22 easy(easy enough) ones you could get right now.
The last one is up to you, I suggest Sweet Tooth.

Edit: More like in the opposite situation of Phoebe lol

(edited by Turtle Dragon.9241)

Posted by: Yamiga.7863

Yamiga.7863

Since you want GWAMM, the better move is to go directly for it as you’ll get most of the monument you need in the process. The best way to get GWAMM is to get the following titles:

• Legendary Guardian (which includes Protector of Tyria, Protector of Cantha, Protector of Elona, Guardian of Tyria, Guardian of Cantha and Guardian of Elona, for a total of 7 titles)
  • Legendary Vanquisher (which includes the Vanquisher title of each continent, 4 titles total)
  • Lengendary Cartographer (same, 4 total titles), use texmod to make it easy
  • Legendary Skill Hunter (same, 4 total titles)
  • Master of the north
  • GW:EN reputation titles (Not Too Shabby, Legendary Delver, Secret Agent and Slayer of All)
  • Nightfall reputation titles (Holy Lightbringer and Legendary Spearmarshal)
  • Survivor

this is a total of 27 titles. You’ll then have to pick 3 from

• Kurzick
  • Luxon
  • Drunkard
  • Party Animal
  • Sweet Tooth

Unless the economy really went nuts, I’d go for the 3 consumable ones, since maxing Kurzick/Luxon is rather time-consuming. I wouldn’t consider going for Lucky, Treasure Hunter, Unlucky or Wisdom as they require a huge investment to be completed, and it seems your current progress towards those is rather small.

Now for the process itself:

• Start with normal mode EotN, without forgeting your storybooks. Remember that the NPCs will not accept these books if you’re above rank 8 in the respective title track (asura, norn, etc..). I’d advice you to have a look at the 4 repuation titles beforehand to decide to which faction you should give the books, without forgetting that you’ll also have the hard mode versions and vanquishing to do. Ebon vanguard and, to a lesser extend, Asura, are harder to farm so I’d go for those.
  • Continue with the 3 regular campaigns, doing missions, elite skill hunting and vanquishing/maping (both at the same time). Again, don’t forget your storybooks but do not turn them in yet. Also, when vanquishing in Elona, don’t forget to take the bouties at the res shrines: if you do it right you should complete both lightbringer and sunspear titles before you’re done vanquishing.
  • Ultimately, go for hard mode EotN. Dungeons should be enough to max out the Deldrimor title (don’t forget your book!), both norn and asura being also close to max after having vanquished the whole map and finished all the missions. Keep an eye on the Zaishen quests to get additional rewards, especially reputation points. Again, don’t forget to bring your storybooks but do not turn them in. Also remember that you can skip one hard mode dungeon (I’m looking at you Duncan) and still get Master of the North (source)
  • At this point, start farming for your survivor. There’s various methods to do so, as explained here, my personnal choice being Kilroy Stonekin’s Punch-Out Extravaganza!! . This is where you’ll want to use your carefully saved storybooks: once you have farmed enough xp, turn in all your books at once to receive a huge chunk of xp completely risk-free. Same goes for the various quests you may have done while playing

Now that you’ve got GWAMM, your HoM should be at 49/50, with monument of honor being at 39/40 (I’d send you a simulation but it seems I can’t save it…). For that last monument you have 2 options:

• Reach 100,000 points towards the Lucky title
  • Reach 550,000 points towards either kurzick or luxon title

Both should be really easy. Given you already have the Misfortune monument, you should be close to the Fortune one (for what I know about those titles you could even have it already but forgot to display it…). Use lockpicks or farm 9 rings to get the luck you need. Kurzick/luxon shouldn’t be much more difficult since you’re gonna farm a lot of points while vanquishing,doing the HM missions, and turning back the Factions sorybook (maxed HM version gives 120k alone…)

TL,DR: condensed version on the wiki

Posted by: Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Although the Cantha one might be a bit problematic if you can’t get someone to taxi you into the one side of that mission (forget the name).

The name of that mission is Vizunah Square. Easily done with heroes while the other side is NPC henchmen.

The part about grind is correct. The worst part is there are fewer people to help out in that game now, and a lonely grind is a difficult one. Trust me when I say it takes a lot of perseverence (even WITH friends to help out) to get 50/50 HoM points.

As only 30 points are needed to acquire the bonus stuff for GW2, the rest being titles, I probably wouldn’t bother going beyond 30 if it were me. I’d seriously question the time investment as to being worthwhile enough to do those remaining points. Back when GW2 was in Alpha/closed Beta stages, 50/50 was a bragging rights thing. Now it carries little more relevance than being attributive to some more Achievement Points in GW2. It’s a very subjective thing as to whether completion of those 50pts is worth it.

The old-school Arrow-Key warrior.
“Obtaining a legendary should be done through legendary feats…
Not luck and credit cards.”

Posted by: Malediktus.3740

Malediktus.3740

550 APs are always worth it if you ask me

One of my 30 accounts (Malediktus.9250).

Posted by: Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Not now they aren’t, especially to someone new to either game.

The old-school Arrow-Key warrior.
“Obtaining a legendary should be done through legendary feats…
Not luck and credit cards.”

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

Nah.

I’m in the same boat as OP, same 45/50, same number of titles. I’m also at the point where all of the easy AP is gone (#30 on NA leader boards).

For fifty lousy points I’d rather not bother with the most tedious aspects of Guild Wars 1.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

Anyone who recently got back into GW1 and finished off their HoM? Was it doable? With the lack of players and shifting economy did you find anything that made it easier/harder?

I’ve gone back, folks do play the game. I haven’t paid much attention to economy though. I now play it like a single-player game.

I have seen folks often in mission outposts, and more often in Embark Beach lfg’ing for the zaishen quests.

I lack 23 titles to max out my account. I have the following to choose from:

Eternal Lightbringer
Eternal Bookah
Eternal Delver
Eternal Slayer
Eternal Sweet Tooth
Eternal Spearmarshal

Any of those can be solo’d if you have the patience, texmod for cartography, and decent hero set ups.

I suggest doing Cartography while you do Vanquisher.

Those aren’t titles. Likely can’t be solo’d. Might be able to find a group for them when the Zaishen Bounty turns to Urgoz and Kanaxai though!

Skillz would also be possible, but you can only do them during festivals – which is often when most players return to the game. There are five major festivals to do these, and the next one comes in late April (they are Canthan New Year – end of January – Birthday Celebration – end of April – Dragon Festival – end of June/beginning of July – Halloween – second half of October – and Wintersday – second half of December). There are a few minor festivals, such as Wintersday in July and Wayfarer’s Reverie, but I’m not sure if they offer gamer point activities. It isn’t very feasible of a title either. No PvP title really is. Though people do PvP and thus they are possible.

The Kurzick, Luxon, Fortune, Misfortune, Wisdom, and Treasure Hunter titles are all doable, though they’d take a lot more time than the others.

So these are 22 titles you can get, but you seem to be missing titles.

You say 23 titles from GWAMM – so you maxed 2. But you don’t list Party Animal, Drunkard, and Survivor. So one – or more – of those you should be capable of getting too. If you need Survivor, do the mission and dungeon books. Fill them all out and turn them in at once will give you about 66% of the survivor title. You can do dwarven boxing, farm FoW in NM with heroes and experience scrolls (it’s the easiest of elite missions), farm Halloween Mobstoppers (~250 will give you ~50% of survivor), or do more than one set of books.

Legendary Defender of Ascalon is also doable, but a bit tedious and long. Again, if you can’t stand grinding the same stuff, not the route for you.

TL;DR
Anything that isn’t PvP is 100% solo’able and thus still doable. But some may take longer than others.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

I need obby armor and a few more tormented/oppressor weapons….but obby armor is the main thing holding me back

https://hom.guildwars2.com/en/#page=main&details=9%2F4DA8%2F%2F%2F%2FD67%2F%2Fzvp%2FEAE9gAFGAAAAAaQwgQAAAAAA

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

Malediktus.3740

Nah.

I’m in the same boat as OP, same 45/50, same number of titles. I’m also at the point where all of the easy AP is gone (#30 on NA leader boards).

For fifty lousy points I’d rather not bother with the most tedious aspects of Guild Wars 1.

Even better, I will make sure to enjoy my top 10 ranking :p

Posted by: CindyKa.6137

CindyKa.6137

Interesting for someone who enjoys being in the top 10 you have complained more than anyone on the forums about having to farm those points. :p

Posted by: Milennin.4825

Milennin.4825

Hella easy with that list to choose from. Just go get yourself some of those Protector/Guardian/Vanquisher/Cartographer titles. Also, Lightbringer is easy.

Just who the hell do you think I am!?

Malediktus.3740

Interesting for someone who enjoys being in the top 10 you have complained more than anyone on the forums about having to farm those points. :p

I did? I had GW1 completed before GW2 came out.

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

dont forget that you only need like rank 2 or 3 on many titles to make them count for “Champion of the Gods”

Only for GWAMM you need the maxed titles

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

i have legendary sunspear and i am the kind of player who can’t stand such grind, it’s the easiest title there is.
go to the kodash bazaar, exit to forum highlands and keep on going down to the portal while killing hylecs.
enter the portal and enter it again, now do the same in reverse.
it nets you about 800+ points within 20 minutes (bin a while tho so i can be off), it go’s allot faster when you wait till a weekend event for double sunspear points.

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

i have legendary sunspear and i am the kind of player who can’t stand such grind, it’s the easiest title there is.
go to the kodash bazaar, exit to forum highlands and keep on going down to the portal while killing hylecs.
enter the portal and enter it again, now do the same in reverse.
it nets you about 800+ points within 20 minutes (bin a while tho so i can be off), it go’s allot faster when you wait till a weekend event for double sunspear points.

there is a farm in The Sulfurous Wastes that nets you ~450 sunspear points + 750 lightbringer points in 10 minutes!

i think that is the best farm for these 2 titles at the moment
and you can do it with heroes alone
but it will be a bit faster with another human player

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

Posted by: Sarisa.4731

Sarisa.4731

Maxing Sunspear came naturally from vanquishing Kourna and Istan (plus bounties in the other areas). Vanquishing gave me far more Sunspear points than I needed to max the title.

Vanquishing the Desolation and Vabbi (plus the few bounties in Kourna) got me most of the way to maxing Lightbringer, the rest came from doing Remains of Sahlahja (and getting a few daily bests) for hero armor and by doing random Realm of Torment quests in hard mode.

TLDR, no need to do the farms until you complete the vanquisher.

Lille of the Valley [WHIP]

Posted by: Ele Lady.6103

Ele Lady.6103

I have gotten back to gw1 for a few times to gather more points in hall. When gw2 launched I was in 35 points. Then got back to get 5 more, then 5 more again. Now I received some generous aid and got rest of minipets and over half of materials for obsidian armor to reach 50 points in hall of monuments. I still have about 80 maps to vanquish but I’m determined