Getting Karma

Getting Karma

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: ixion.1074

ixion.1074

Okay. So I just did my daily… drop of 600 karma? I get that I now get a 50 luck token but that’s not remotely fair compensation. I’m going from what used to be 8100 karma a day with all my buffs. So now here I sit on gifts of fortune, precursors, etc and it’s gonna take me like two years to get the obsidian to combine my gifts of mastery. I guess I could just recommit my life to 18 hours a day of WVW karma training…

What exactly was the point of this? I mean it’s not like the 1.5 million karma or so per legendary before was too low. It’s still a lot of stuff and sets legendaries apart from crafted ascended weapons. Am I gonna complete my monthly and find that I’ve gotten a jug of 4000 karma instead of what used to be 40000 before buffs?

This is pretty much a huge slap in the face. I was understanding of the thing a week ago where it was going to be higher amounts per karma consumable but no buffs affecting them. That wasn’t too bad. But this pretty much makes having a bank tab full of legendary mats useless.

Getting Karma

Posted by: Feed Me Change.6528

Feed Me Change.6528

Karma is the EASIEST part of a Legendary.

I’ve heard everything now.

NSP>ET>SoS>BG>ET>SoS>JQ>SoS>Mag>JQ
My fun laughs at your server pride.

Getting Karma

ixion.1074

Yeah, sure when you could crank out 350k a month with buffs – that’s a legendary in about two months between gift of mastery and lucky clovers.

That amount is dramatically reduced now. It would take several times as long even with a lot of event activity each day.

(edited by ixion.1074)

Getting Karma

ixion.1074

Confirmed 6k karma from monthly and looks like no karma from champ bags either. Looking like events are less karma per completion, as well.

(edited by ixion.1074)

Getting Karma

Posted by: rookie one.8351

rookie one.8351

no karma at all from dungeons (bags of wondrous goods aswell as completion reward) aswell. guess only way to get a decent amount of karma is running fractals unless it got changed aswell.

Getting Karma

Posted by: kossman.8206

kossman.8206

you all were complaining that karma didnt mean squat……

Getting Karma

Posted by: Amadan.9451

Amadan.9451

they nerfed it so to make even longer to buy the ascended inscription recipe 21k karma each… now karma will have meaning and we are not going to like it, also we won’t get karma anymore for failing events thanks to well failing events on purpose to farm… so people who didn’t farm get punished too

Looking for a gay friendly guild?
Join the Rainbow Pride

Getting Karma

Posted by: CreativeAnarchy.6324

CreativeAnarchy.6324

I think it was changed to make karma rewards not so trivial when they introduce other karma rewards.

People have been asking for a use for karma and I agree that it would be nice for there to be something beyond temple stuff, but with how easy it was to get through dailies and dungeons, any rewards from karma would have been trivial to get.

This is my speculation though.

I speak for my self and no one else. Only fools believe they speak for a majority.

Getting Karma

Posted by: Amadan.9451

Amadan.9451

more use of karma shouldn’t mean less earning of it… but arenanet doesn’t like for us to hoard nothing, not even empty slots on the bank

Looking for a gay friendly guild?
Join the Rainbow Pride

Getting Karma

Posted by: Shelledfade.6435

Shelledfade.6435

Okay. So I just did my daily… drop of 600 karma? I get that I now get a 50 luck token but that’s not remotely fair compensation. I’m going from what used to be 8100 karma a day with all my buffs. So now here I sit on gifts of fortune, precursors, etc and it’s gonna take me like two years to get the obsidian to combine my gifts of mastery. I guess I could just recommit my life to 18 hours a day of WVW karma training…

What exactly was the point of this? I mean it’s not like the 1.5 million karma or so per legendary before was too low. It’s still a lot of stuff and sets legendaries apart from crafted ascended weapons. Am I gonna complete my monthly and find that I’ve gotten a jug of 4000 karma instead of what used to be 40000 before buffs?

This is pretty much a huge slap in the face. I was understanding of the thing a week ago where it was going to be higher amounts per karma consumable but no buffs affecting them. That wasn’t too bad. But this pretty much makes having a bank tab full of legendary mats useless.

At least you can get precursors dude, I can’t even get that with this gamble bullcrap.

Getting Karma

ixion.1074

I think I’m just going to have to start doing renown hearts on a bunch of alts. Too bad they won’t have my 15% karmic infusion.

Getting Karma

Posted by: Vorch.2985

Vorch.2985

Well, now WvW event farming is probably one of the most lucrative ways of gaining karma.

Here’s what people thought of GW1 when it first came out: http://tinyurl.com/bntcvyc
“A release is 7 days or less away or has just happened within the last 7 days…
These are the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria.”

Getting Karma

Posted by: Wukunlin.8461

Wukunlin.8461

good thing I didn’t blow my 2 mil on orrian boxes yesterday

Oceanic [LOD]

Getting Karma

Posted by: avatera.9358

avatera.9358

Seriously I log on today after making 125k in one day yesterday and I hardly have made 15k in my time in WvW and in the core world. I am not crazy about WvW either. I run it, but all I really wanted was a legendary, and after dropping hundreds of gold and time into that all I get to pay for it is to spend time running the same events until I am bored of this game. Or perhaps I can follow around more commanders who do not know what they are doing. All sounds great…. -.-

Getting Karma

Posted by: Chickenshoes.6250

Chickenshoes.6250

I blew 5 million on boxes, have 600K leftover, and still have a whole row of consumables still in my bank I’m too lazy to click for 15 minutes to chug. Not to mention I’ve been dumping karma into my thirst-slayer achievement.

Are you just now trying to earn karma? Because the karma most people earned previously could last them months.

Getting Karma

Posted by: avatera.9358

avatera.9358

I blew 5 million on boxes, have 600K leftover, and still have a whole row of consumables still in my bank I’m too lazy to click for 15 minutes to chug. Not to mention I’ve been dumping karma into my thirst-slayer achievement.

Are you just now trying to earn karma? Because the karma most people earned previously could last them months.

To answer your question I am not trying to earn just now, but come a month or two ago I didn’t really want a legendary nor did I have the gold. Well luck changed and I got a precursor and got a lot of gold. I got my components, but this was after I had just dumped my karma into orrian boxes. And while this next part is kind of on me I didn’t keep the inventory consuming obsidian shards because there were too many. Now I am down 133 shards which is roughly 278k karma of which i have 100k

Edit: To add I was fine with them altering Karma, but in this patch they virtually removed anyway of earning it outside of dailies, events, and WvW.

(edited by avatera.9358)

Getting Karma

Posted by: Banquetto.9521

Banquetto.9521

At least you can get precursors dude, I can’t even get that with this gamble bullcrap.

Just out of curiosity: is there any topic which could be posted on this forum which would not attract a reply by you crying about how you put a fraction of the price of a precursor into the mystic forge and didn’t have the incredible good luck to get a precursor?

It’s getting really boring, mate.

I have millions of karma, too. But you gotta admit, it’s a different ballgame for a new player now compared to what it was for those of us that accumulated our millions already.

Getting Karma

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

Yeah, I was surprised to see this.

“Daily and monthly achievement rewards now include Essence of Luck. To offset this, the amount of karma earned from daily and monthly achievements has been reduced.”

It’s 600 now. Down from about 8000 (with karma buffs, in the old system). It’s radically reduced when you consider that they’ve replaced a lot of the sources of karma in the game with crafting gear.

It would have been better if they changed it so that karma boosts no longer affected the amount of karma gained from consumable items and left the karma rewards from the various sources as they were.

At a stroke they’ve reduced karma gain in the game by, what, 90%?

(edited by Pifil.5193)

Getting Karma

ixion.1074

Basically yes. As for my own karma, I didn’t think I’d care enough to do legendaries. I used karma on boxes and alt armor and other crap and then at the start of summer decided to actually go for it. Doing every world dragon every day and wvw as I’m able and two characters with map completion got me through clovers for two legendaries but now I’m hung up on the 250 for2 gifts of mastery

Getting Karma

Posted by: taek.9386

taek.9386

Seriously this information should have been released to the public before people dumped all the karma into the orrian boxes…

Good luck to all the new players out there that want to get ORR temple armor, you will need to grind karma for 1 year just to get them.

You guys ever heard of CHANGE MANAGEMENT!!!! I would have thought so if you are related to the I.T industry

GFG ANET!!!!

Love from a not so happy player

Getting Karma

Posted by: CreativeAnarchy.6324

CreativeAnarchy.6324

Just doing part of world bosses, no temples, I have gotten about 7k karma and that was about 3 hours and barely doing any pre-events or any other events, just hopping to events and no boosters. The karma does add up fairly quick. Not as quick as some would like but you can get buffs/food if you really need it that bad. Temple armor won’t take very long to get unless you are super casual. Just going to have to do more events is all.

I speak for my self and no one else. Only fools believe they speak for a majority.

Getting Karma

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I have two legendaries, enough mystic clovers for another, and 2.7 million karma. I suggest that the karma mechanic was completely out of whack in the first place.

Getting Karma

Posted by: taek.9386

taek.9386

Vayne maybe take off the anet white knight tin foil hat off just for a bit and put yourself into a new players perspective.

Would you be able to do all that, quoted by the great Vayne, “I have two legendaries, enough mystic clovers for another, and 2.7 million karma” when they have reduced karma earned from everything at present?? Would you??? But hey maybe if you have no life and play 15+ hrs a day its easily doable

Getting Karma

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

I have two legendaries, enough mystic clovers for another, and 2.7 million karma. I suggest that the karma mechanic was completely out of whack in the first place.

That may be the case (I have 2.8 million karma myself) but this just nerfs the rate at which Karma is earned, not the amount of karma already earned. I was expecting at most a 50% reduction, instead we got a 90%+ reduction.

I consider that far too harsh considering the price of useful karma items.

Getting Karma

Posted by: oloap.9765

oloap.9765

i had my obby shards from sab last time, farmed a bit but hey was funny!
had like 400 of them out of sab + the skins i wanted.
not sure if they are still available as rewards, and sadly will be far les profitable due to account limitations.
I never did the create new toon and delete trick but used all my alts daily.
this saved me tons of karma (had 7kk once), which i blew on boxes but been wise enough to save 2kk in case new rewards comes out.
as i said in another post, karma situation was quite ridiculus, if u were chasing a legendary, was better to get obby shards from orrian boxes than from vendor, because anyway you had to dump all your karma in boxes.
maybe the quite exagerated though!!!