Getting a legendary/Eternity, worth it?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: DrDivine.5378

DrDivine.5378

I have finally saved up enough gold to pretty much purchase a legendary of my choice, but seeing as this is my first legendary I wanted to ask two major questions before doing anything:

1: Do legendaries have better stats than exotic or ascended weapons? One reason i was looking to get Eternity is I’m looking to make a greatsword with the best stats among other options.

2: Is getting the Eternity really worth it? Eternity is a combination of twilight and Sunrise, but what makes Eternity superior to both of those besides the day/night cycle?

Posted by: Arcadio.6875

Arcadio.6875

1. Legendaries have the same stats as ascended, but you can change the stat type(zerker, knights, carrion, etc.).

2. It’s worth it if you really want it and not worth it if you don’t lol. Eternity has no advantages over Twilight/Sunrise.

Lord Arcadio
League Of Ascending Immortals [OATH]

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

Skins only,
Same stats as ascended weapons of the same sort.
They have stated that they will have the best stats so when ascended tier was introduced the leg stats went from exotic to ascended.

DrDivine.5378

1. Legendaries have the same stats as ascended, but you can change the stat type(zerker, knights, carrion, etc.).

2. It’s worth it if you really want it and not worth it if you don’t lol. Eternity has no advantages over Twilight/Sunrise.

lol I guess for my second question I’m going ask to ask this, does Eternity have better or unique special effects to it that make it look more appealing?

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

Daytime change in appearance.

Posted by: Dasenthal.6520

Dasenthal.6520

The value of legendaries are based entirely on the skin, the weapon, and the rarity. So by choosing Eternity over the other 2 it would suggest that you like the skin more, if you don’t, then choose one of the other swords. Or if none of the legendaries look good, you can buy a different weapon skin in the TP as well.

“A conquered people will always resist you,
Edair. But allies-allies will fight by your side”~Cobiah Mariner

Posted by: Dasenthal.6520

Dasenthal.6520

lol I guess for my second question I’m going ask to ask this, does Eternity have better or unique special effects to it that make it look more appealing?

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Eternity
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Sunrise
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Twilight

May want to check that yourself as we probably have different tastes than you in cool effects.

“A conquered people will always resist you,
Edair. But allies-allies will fight by your side”~Cobiah Mariner

Posted by: Jenstone.6891

Jenstone.6891

One advantage…. Eternity looks wicked cool.
But yeah, beyond the different look and the ability to change the stat type, no real advantage to Eternity over Sunrise or Twilight.
Just had Dusk drop from the MF… took me a couple days to decide what to do… eventually Eternity but for now Twilight will suffice, if for no other reason than it looks cool.

DrDivine.5378

One advantage…. Eternity looks wicked cool.
But yeah, beyond the different look and the ability to change the stat type, no real advantage to Eternity over Sunrise or Twilight.
Just had Dusk drop from the MF… took me a couple days to decide what to do… eventually Eternity but for now Twilight will suffice, if for no other reason than it looks cool.

Yeah im looking for visual difference between Eternity and Sunrise/twilight so far I have noticed that the handle tip glows and it has a burst effect when pulling out your GS, any other effects I may have missed?

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

I dislike Eternity. I still think it should be half sunrise, half twilight. Adding some shiny gem won’t make it more appearing really – do they think i am a skritt or something?

Well i gotta say mentally i am but..this thing is kinda different.

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

If you make and sell both twilight and sunrise, you can then buy eternity with the profits. It’s significantly cheaper, but involves risk and extra time.

Serenity now~Insanity later

Posted by: Pino.5209

Pino.5209

Beside the day/night changes on the sword and glowing end @ hilt and better footstep effect, the most noticeable and outstanding part imo is the aura surrounding the wielder body (the aura also changes day/night).
Eternity wielder aura is very different from twilight and sunrise. Twilight and Sunrise only give glow aura. Eternity’s aura on wielder is smoky, gorgeous.

The game is all about aesthetic, so the argument about it having same stats just totally goes out the window. Eternity has the best effect among all 3 legendaries GS. Worth it? imo, yes.

(edited by Pino.5209)

DrDivine.5378

Beside the day/night changes on the sword and glowing end @ hilt and better footstep effect, the most noticeable and outstanding part imo is the aura surrounding the wielder body (the aura also changes day/night).
Eternity wielder aura is very different from twilight and sunrise. Twilight and Sunrise only give glow aura. Eternity’s aura on wielder is smoky, gorgeous.

The game is all about aesthetic, Eternity has the best effect among all 3 legendaries GS. Worth it? imo, yes.

That’s what I’m looking for, I do care about stats and currently only have en exotic GS, but I also ike flashy weapons and armor that make my character look nice. It’s funny because in warcraft Ididn’t care much about physical appearance, in GW2 I’m all about looking nice lol

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

Eternity have daytime change which you cannot turn off or choose which one you like most. And thats it.
Buy better GS which you like, sunrise or twilight.

Posted by: Kaz.5430

Kaz.5430

I could be completely wrong here, seeing as I don’t have a Legendary at all, but I was under the impression that if you bought Eternity and unlocked it for your wardrobe, you’d automatically also unlock the `skins` for Sunrise & Twilight (& Dawn and Dusk). So, from a skin point of view that would make it far superior to purchase Eternity than Sunrise or Twilight. You could always switch to one of the other versions if you decide that you prefer one over the others.

Stat-wise, legendary weapons are the same strength as Ascended weapons so they are better than Exotics, but not better than Ascended. However they are also guaranteed to remain best-in-slot, so if in the future a new tier of weapons comes out, Legendaries will be increased in power to match the new tier, and would then be better than Ascended.

For someone that cares about stats, the best advantage of the Legendary would probably be the ability to switch stats (e.g. Berserker, Celestial, Carrion etc)

Monarchy - 15 year old browser-based game and roleplay community
Table Warfare Miniatures - Armatures, Custom Miniatures, Moulds etc.

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

Doesn’t obtaining Eternity also unlock the skin use for Twilight and Sunrise? If that’s the case, there’s the added benefit of getting access to three legendary skins, not just one.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

Posted by: Artaz.3819

Artaz.3819

Doesn’t obtaining Eternity also unlock the skin use for Twilight and Sunrise? If that’s the case, there’s the added benefit of getting access to three legendary skins, not just one.

Yes, but only upon equipping/binding it to your account.

It’s for the uniqueness of Eternity (it’s expensive, it’s very prestigious, and IMO, it goes very well with Hellfire armor skins as the smoke aura gets much more prominent.)

Also, second benefit, since you have Eternity, you can always change your weapon skins for other characters on your account to Twilight and Sunrise (or if you are really strange, change your legendary Eternity skin back to Twilight or Sunrise).

(edited by Artaz.3819)

Posted by: kyeloon.5826

kyeloon.5826

I want to give you a short answer to this:

- If you are willing to pay 4000 Gold for an item’s appereance (which is unique and definitely beautiful) then it is worth it. – The stats are NOT worth it as they are equal to other legendaries.

- Getting a legendary in general IS worth the time as the two effects are awesome:
1. you get a cool skin with slightly better stats
OR
2. you sell the legendary after you crafted it and make even more money, craft another legendary and earn even more. after you did this a few times you don’t have to worry about money any more.

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

Not really. Back in the day? Maybe. Now? Naw. The cool factor has wore. Unless you’re going for those achievements. Otherwise . . . I’d save my money.

Gone to Reddit.

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

Not really. Back in the day? Maybe. Now? Naw. The cool factor has wore. Unless you’re going for those achievements. Otherwise . . . I’d save my money.

Fairly certain he’s interested in the skin because he thinks it looks cool. I’m sure he could care less if other people think the cool factor is gone.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

I’d still save my money. Especially given that something new will eventually come around the corner. But maybe that’s just me.

Gone to Reddit.