Getting ready for April 15th patch...

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Hopeless.5403

Hopeless.5403

11 80’s props man, working on my 4th …. I’m such a noob!

Posted by: Lil Puppy.5216

Lil Puppy.5216

Pretty much the only thing that needs to be done (they’re not going to reset all your character traits) is to go to the pvp lobby on each of your characters (or is it just one) to unlock the pvp skins for your account, then go to Edge of the Mists to do something about glory or whatever on each of your characters.
And make sure that each of your characters has at least 1 inventory slot open for all the unid dyes you’re going to get.

Posted by: Katz.5143

Katz.5143

You may be confused on the WvWvW. It isn’t level that goes account wide. It is your rank that goes account wide.

Other than that, I can’t think of anything else to do.

It’s a kitten conspiracy. Kittens gonna be kittens. All is vain!

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

I have 11 80s as well (husband is up to 15 now)…..but shouldn’t need to screenshot anything really. Just need to log in each character to unlock their skins and dyes, and go to the PvP lobby too in order to unlock those skins.

Just be sure to use any glory you have now and use up as much of the PvP crafting materials as you can because that stuff is going away completely.

I’m so excited!! Can’t wait to be able to use the full Stalwart armor set in PvE!

Posted by: BigfootArisen.6509

BigfootArisen.6509

You may be confused on the WvWvW. It isn’t level that goes account wide. It is your rank that goes account wide.

You read the same article? They directly say that your WxP will be pooled across all characters.

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

Screenshot your traits because they’ll more than likely be reset since they’re changing from 70 → 14 pts.

I’m not aware of any time limit to convert transmute stones/crystals. That’d be restrictive against anyone that can’t log in Tuesday.

Just log in to all your characters, open your bank, and your PvP locker in HotM. Duplicate dyyes should automatically become unid dyes in your inventory. Your stones/crystals should too. Anything you’ve unlocked will automatically become available in your wardrobe. I can’t see requiring any sort of complicated conversion. Should be pretty seamless.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

Posted by: BigfootArisen.6509

BigfootArisen.6509

You read the same article? They directly say that your WxP will be pooled across all characters.

This is exactly how I understood. All characters WXP together = Supermega high Rank (or WvWvW level).

Which is exactly what it is. I won’t just get something saying I’m such-and-such rank, I will get all of my WxP, making me that rank, and all the points that entails. Plus all currently spent points refunded, and the total number spendable on each individual character. So if I want one that is just for door busting, I can do that, and then one just for trebbing, I can do that as well.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Your Transmutation Stones and Crystals won’t be converted until you do so, yourself. Same with Splitters. You may receive your new Unidentified Dyes in the Mail. Gear will be unlocked when you interact with it, except for PvP Gear that will unlock automatically, and Gem Store Armors that will generate all pieces if you have at least one piece in your possession. Town Clothes will automatically be converted into Armor-type Gear, Outfits or Tonics.

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

He already stated he has 11 80s, I think when he said level 80, 60, 45, etc. he actually meant rank.

I don’t believe they add up just like that, I’m sure it will end up being the accumulation of the actual WXP for each char, then whatever rank that equates to.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

I can’t see requiring any sort of complicated conversion. Should be pretty seamless.

Except for the bugs…this is GW2 and Anet…there’s always bugs…

Posted by: Sephrye.1628

Sephrye.1628

To get ready,
I bought all the dyes that I think of as essential in the color spectrum,
but may have put off buying before,
because of costs and since they were per character.
Also, looked through first the green/general dyes list, to see if any were missing, and then yellow/rare dyes.
Man, buying dyes sure add up in cost, even if they’re only a few silver,
if you buy a lot of dyes at once.

Also, made backups of my builds on the build editor, just in case.

Posted by: Lamont.5973

Lamont.5973

I might also suggest removing any bought town clothing from your characters and putting it in inventory. You never know in such a large update what kind of bugs might be introduced and I was concerned logging in on a toon that had been wearing 2 different pieces of armor that would become tonics could cause log-in problems (probably won’t. but better safe than sorry)

And I also took screen shots of my inventories and bank. I bought 3 wintersday outfits and will be asking for a refund for two of them now that having bought one will open it on all my toons. I will also be asking for a refund for almost all the tonics. So I thought it best to have screens ahead of time.

Posted by: Sephrye.1628

Sephrye.1628

I wonder what will happen to town clothes that are automatically given to new characters,
will we get any default town clothes anymore, when we make new characters, or just start without them

It’s just kinda stupid that you can’t mix&match them after this patch, don’t know why regressing in options is considered better by the devs, but whatever

Posted by: Katz.5143

Katz.5143

Yes, they said that they will pool the rank experience across your account. (Levels are something entirely different, I thought he was talking about levels instead of ranks.). However, they did say that it will not be the sum of all of your ranks added together due to the lower ranks not requiring as much wvw experience to obtain.

It’s a kitten conspiracy. Kittens gonna be kittens. All is vain!

(edited by Katz.5143)

Posted by: Angelica Dream.7103

Angelica Dream.7103

I have 12 character slots, and have made screen caps of each:

1: The Hero screen to compare Crit and Crti Dammage since that will go away.

2: PVE/WVW Build Traits

3: PVP Build Traits

I have done the champ runs a few times every day to squeeze gold,karma, and ramp up Luck

I also have been mapping like a crazy person just in case we no longer get Transmutations from mapping other than cities.

Finally been crying in the forum about how much I am going to miss my mix and match towns clothes.

Posted by: Lankybrit.4598

Lankybrit.4598

I haven’t taken screen shots of any of my characters because I know all of their traits are rubbish. I’m looking forward to looking up good builds and assigning them all again.

BTW: I guess my level 24 Engineer and 27 Warrior will end up with no traits, right?

My Life in Tyria: http://lankygw2blog.blogspot.com/
Updated every Monday

(edited by Lankybrit.4598)

Posted by: Cassocaster.4576

Cassocaster.4576

I would also plan the order in which you log your toons in post patch. I have 7 level 80s and will be starting with my bank toons, then alts, then my three mains. I did screen caps, color notation and which armor set my three mains are sporting. I am hoping they won’t be stripping the toons and forcing a total re-application of the armor but who knows.

Also, I would take inventory of your 2 handed weapons, you’re getting an extra sigil slot tomorrow for each of them…..

Posted by: Becka Williams.4978

Becka Williams.4978

Before anyone asks, WXP is not being merged by level, but by xp. Remember, the first 5 levels are only 1k xp each. So your total will be slightly less than the sum of your current levels. So, 20 + 40 + 60 won’t be 120, but something like 117, or so.

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

If it matters, you might want to screencap your transaction history.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

Posted by: Lamont.5973

Lamont.5973

Oh, yeah.

I was unsure of what will happen to the unique starter items like the necro masks. If they are not included in the wardrobe it will no longer be possible to transmute them to another profession. So I used an extra toon slot, made one of each and transmuted them onto an account bound item. Probably paranoid – but just in case.