Getting to Bitterfrost Frontier

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Flatley.1620

Flatley.1620

Is the only way there via finishing the relevant piece of LS3?

i75820K@4.4ghz Noctua NHU14S GTX980TiSC
SoundblasterZ AsusX99Pro 512GBM2SSD 1TBSSD
3TBHDD 16gbRAM Corsair900D Win10Pro Corsair rmi1000w ethernet 100 down, 6 up

Posted by: Hevoskuuri.3891

Hevoskuuri.3891

You need to finish the Episode 3’s intro on one character to gain access. After you’ve entered the area, you can simply walk in there with your other characters too, or buy the portal scroll from the Unbound Magic vendor.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

For the first character? Yes. For alts, you can use the first character to buy the portal scroll and get them in that way.
Edit: oh, didn’t know you can just walk in to Bitterfrost with other chars. In this case, this one area is unique (you can’t do that for Bloodstone Fen, Ember Bay nor Lake Doric).

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Tekoneiric.6817

Tekoneiric.6817

I’m not a fan of the gated access for players who bought HoT. Once the maps are released anyone who has HoT should have access to the map because not everyone jumps on playing the stories. I did play the stories myself but I’m sure there are many people who haven’t played the LWS3 episodes yet.

I really wish the cold resist had been an account wide mastery rather than something you have to do every single day. The recipe isn’t even account wide where other recipes are.

Flatley.1620

I’m not a fan of the gated access for players who bought HoT. Once the maps are released anyone who has HoT should have access to the map because not everyone jumps on playing the stories. I did play the stories myself but I’m sure there are many people who haven’t played the LWS3 episodes yet.

I really wish the cold resist had been an account wide mastery rather than something you have to do every single day. The recipe isn’t even account wide where other recipes are.

Right, I’m with you on this which is why I raised the question. I’m not a big fan on the story line although I appreciate many are. Probably because I’m stuck at one step (the Aurean thing or however you spell her name) which I’m finding long winded and frustrating. But then I never was a “good” gamer.

Ah well, that’ll be one map I’ll never see.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Teleport to a friend should work. If you have one ask a friend/guildie to let you port to them on that map. After that you can buy the map portal scroll for alts.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Lite Ning Strike.5203

Lite Ning Strike.5203

I would so like to see “Cold Resist” as a permanent addition via Masteries or just as a Once you get it you have it on all accounts type of thing. You get plenty of drops for making the cold resist its just really not worth fooling with after you complete the story. That is the main reason I don’t do anything in those areas very often and I never do that (cold resist) for the dailies.

The First and Only Blaq Sheep

Posted by: Khailyn.6248

Khailyn.6248

Portal scroll, teleport to friend or story.

‘Death smiles at us all. All a man can do is smile back.’

Posted by: Hevoskuuri.3891

Hevoskuuri.3891

I would so like to see “Cold Resist” as a permanent addition via Masteries or just as a Once you get it you have it on all accounts type of thing. You get plenty of drops for making the cold resist its just really not worth fooling with after you complete the story. That is the main reason I don’t do anything in those areas very often and I never do that (cold resist) for the dailies.

This would feel kind of pointless to be a full Mastery, since the “cold resist”, after done once, is… well, pointless.

The Bitter Cold area is very small and has pretty much nothing to see or do in. Once you complete the story step, you have 24 hours of cold resistance left to explore that area, get the mastery insight, etc. and then you don’t have to bother entering that zone ever again. The elixir daily is kind of pointless too, since completing the map dailies gives very small rewards. You really lose nothing with skipping that.

If you definitely want to explore that zone on multiple characters, for example, then it’s a pain. I agree the elixir preparation should be account-wide, should be easier in general, or at least be made worth the trouble (like rewarding you with lots of berries or something). At the moment elixir preparation is just unnecessarily time-consuming with very little reward.

Posted by: Tanner Blackfeather.6509

Tanner Blackfeather.6509

The Bitter Cold area is very small and has pretty much nothing to see or do in. Once you complete the story step, you have 24 hours of cold resistance left to explore that area, get the mastery insight, etc.

Minor correction: you do not have 24 game hours (like the guild buffs), not even 24 real-time hours. You have it until next reset, wether that is 23h30min or 10 minutes.

In all the rest, I agree.

Flatley.1620

Teleport to a friend should work. If you have one ask a friend/guildie to let you port to them on that map. After that you can buy the map portal scroll for alts.

Yes, that would be the way to go except for two reasons:

- I am in a guild of one. My fault!
- I don’t have anyone friended. Again, my fault!

The Bitter Cold area is very small and has pretty much nothing to see or do in. Once you complete the story step, you have 24 hours of cold resistance left to explore that area, get the mastery insight, etc.

Minor correction: you do not have 24 game hours (like the guild buffs), not even 24 real-time hours. You have it until next reset, wether that is 23h30min or 10 minutes.

In all the rest, I agree.

Wait, wait… what? I hope I’m misunderstanding here, but are you saying you have to have the potion just to explore BF or just one small segment of it related to the story?

Posted by: costepj.5120

costepj.5120

Bitter Cold is a zone within BFF. Without the potion, you die within a few seconds in that zone. But at least you get an achievement just before you die!

You say you’re not interested in doing the story, but the advantage of the story is it helps you figure out the nuances of each new map.

So long and thanks for all the skritt

Tekoneiric.6817

If you want to go there you have to spend some time preparing for it by farming for various stuff and completing at least one heart so you can get the final ingredient which you can only get once a day. Then you have to take them to a place in another part of the map to cook them into the elixir. You can only do it on characters that have completed the story step. It’s not account wide. The protection only lasts until the reset. Yea… it’s kind of ridiculous to do every time you want to go there.

(edited by Tekoneiric.6817)

Posted by: costepj.5120

costepj.5120

My advice is make a short list of everything you might need in that zone and ensure you cross everything off in one visit; then you need never bother making the potion again.
Don’t forget the frozen snow leopard cub :-)

So long and thanks for all the skritt

Tekoneiric.6817

My advice is make a short list of everything you might need in that zone and ensure you cross everything off in one visit; then you need never bother making the potion again.
Don’t forget the frozen snow leopard cub :-)

and the various achievements there. The POI can be achieved on any character without it but you die getting to it.

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

Right, I’m with you on this which is why I raised the question. I’m not a big fan on the story line although I appreciate many are. Probably because I’m stuck at one step (the Aurean thing or however you spell her name) which I’m finding long winded and frustrating. But then I never was a “good” gamer.

Ah well, that’ll be one map I’ll never see.

If you need help beating something, I’d be happy to assist

NSPride <3