Ghastly Grinning Shield?

Ghastly Grinning Shield?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Lemonz.1396

Lemonz.1396

Is it still possible to get the Ghastly shield skin from the mystic forge? i know it was possible a couple months back and the wiki says it is possible i think, but the price increase on TP for it makes me wonder is it really still possible to get it from mystic forge? anyone got any recently or know anything about this?

Ghastly Grinning Shield?

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

There’s no reason to doubt the wiki. It can still be made. Price went up due to economics.

Ghastly Grinning Shield?

Posted by: Hank.4839

Hank.4839

Wow, that is plain stupid. What was the point of Halloween 2012, if there’s always a way to get the skin afterwards. Where’s the exclusivity. Let’s bring back everything, shall we.

Ghastly Grinning Shield?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

The Wiki page has not been updated since April; the shield may have been removed from the Forge, as it seems to have been a mistake (as in released early).

As noted above, it (and other skins/gear) may return this Halloween. One never knows.

Good luck.

Ghastly Grinning Shield?

Lemonz.1396

Wow, that is plain stupid. What was the point of Halloween 2012, if there’s always a way to get the skin afterwards. Where’s the exclusivity. Let’s bring back everything, shall we.

Yea but its kinda silly that a green shield skin cost more than a legendary wep xD

Ghastly Grinning Shield?

Posted by: Taxidriver.2043

Taxidriver.2043

the one available from the toilet was only for greatsaw skin thats why there are 2 diff version of greatsaw on tp.

Ghastly Grinning Shield?

Posted by: Tentonhammr.7849

Tentonhammr.7849

All the Halloween 2012 skins were re-released as weapons (instead of skins) from the mystic forge. They’re just stupidly rare. Far beyond precursor rare. Their prices don’t necessarily reflect that (except for the scythe staff) since the already existing “skin” versions set a predetermined baseline value.

Zelendel

Ghastly Grinning Shield?

Lemonz.1396

All the Halloween 2012 skins were re-released as weapons (instead of skins) from the mystic forge. They’re just stupidly rare. Far beyond precursor rare. Their prices don’t necessarily reflect that (except for the scythe staff) since the already existing “skin” versions set a predetermined baseline value.

pretty sure there is no such thing as ghastly grinnig shield weapon (not skin) because when it was re-released the skins increased in quantity and decreased in price, also i would have noticed that there were 2 shield on tp when i was searching for it and i didnt see anything except the shield skin :P

Ghastly Grinning Shield?

Lemonz.1396

the one available from the toilet was only for greatsaw skin thats why there are 2 diff version of greatsaw on tp.

pretty sure ghastly was re-released too since it dropped in price to 200g

Ghastly Grinning Shield?

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

pretty sure ghastly was re-released too since it dropped in price to 200g

You must have missed out on all the insider trading drama. Prices likely dropped because people got wind of an upcoming change that doesn’t appear to have actually happened yet.

Ghastly Grinning Shield?

Posted by: Tentonhammr.7849

Tentonhammr.7849

pretty sure there is no such thing as ghastly grinnig shield weapon (not skin) because when it was re-released the skins increased in quantity and decreased in price, also i would have noticed that there were 2 shield on tp when i was searching for it and i didnt see anything except the shield skin :P

https://reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/4g3t53/so_i_found_this/d2grweu?utm_source=mweb_redirect&compact=true

The OP posts pictures of it from the Forge and the item description.

Zelendel

(edited by Tentonhammr.7849)

Ghastly Grinning Shield?

Posted by: Amurond.4590

Amurond.4590

It’s still there it just seems every man and his dog misunderstand that they are 2 separate items. There is the Ghastly Grinning shield skin (H’ween item) and the Ghastly shield (actual shield, from the MF). As for why you can’t find it on the TP, that would be because you have “Only show available” ticked in search filters. There are none on the TP, there were two recently for ~700g and ~999g (can’t remember exactly prices).

It’s rare enough and combined with the fact barely anyone knows about the actual shield item from the MF itself (continually thinking the skin itself comes from the MF), its existence has barely impacted the prices at all since the mass panic dump.

~ The Server I Play On Is Better Than The Server You Play On ~
- Kudzu, Dreamer, Frostfang, Eternity, Flameseeker Prophecies ~
~Nevermore, HOPE, Moot, Incinerator, Meteorlogicus, Howler ~

Ghastly Grinning Shield?

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

Let’s bring back everything, shall we.

This, but unironically.

Ghastly Grinning Shield?

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

There are two types of people. Those who think there should be exclusive things in games that people who weren’t here can’t get and those who feel that everything should be available somewhere at some time, for people who missed it.

Having a different opinion isn’t stupid. I don’t think your point of view is stupid, because I understand it. By the same token if you weren’t lucky enough or rich enough to get it that first halloween…you might have been holding out to get it the next halloween, thinking it would be a halloween reward and it would come back. That’s my situation.

I could have bought it at the time, but I prefer not to buy if I can get stuff from playing. I’m sorry I didn’t buy it then, but who knew it wouldn’t be coming back?

It’s just as reasonable to assume it was coming back as it wasn’t. And therefore, why should people who expected it to come back miss out?

I don’t care how exclusive the stuff I have is. It doesn’t matter at all to me. I’m for bringing it all back and letting everyone get a crack at it.

That doesn’t mean it has to be cheap mind you, or common. It just means it’s accessible to everyone. This isn’t the olympics. No one won a gold medal to get that. They didn’t beat Liadri to get it.

So I don’t really see why it should be exclusive.