Ghostly Cat

Ghostly Cat

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: tanmiro.5918

tanmiro.5918

Did anyone manage to find this magestic beast ? ive been looking around for 2h and no luck ^^ or it has any specific location for spawn ?

help is much appriaciated.

Ghostly Cat

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Spawns below a small cliff south of Doren’s outpost up in the NW section of the map.

Bring two strawberry ghosts with you. Eat one and then give the other to the cat. Omnomberry ghosts work too but cost a little more.

Ghostly Cat

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Do note that it only spawns at night.

Attachments:

Ghostly Cat

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

Be aware, that it does move. It was in a difference location (further up the path and from when I first encountered it), and from what I’ve heard, it only spawns at night, but I wasn’t paying attention when I found it again.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Ghostly Cat

Posted by: tanmiro.5918

tanmiro.5918

yes just got the cat, it has to be night and it was bit close to centaur camp.

Ghostly Cat

Posted by: Tekoneiric.6817

Tekoneiric.6817

I found it and for some reason it didn’t accept the Strawberry ghost even though I had eaten one. It did like the Omniberry Ghost though.

If you find it, be sure to tag up and announce it’s location to help others find it.

Ghostly Cat

Posted by: Charrbeque.8729

Charrbeque.8729

I found it and for some reason it didn’t accept the Strawberry ghost even though I had eaten one. It did like the Omniberry Ghost though.

If you find it, be sure to tag up and announce it’s location to help others find it.

I was confused as well. It just said something about the food going straight through the cat’s body and it didn’t take the strawberry ghost. I mentioned it in zone chat and was told you need to eat about 5 or so strawberry ghosts yourself. So eat a few until your character looks like a ghost, then talk to the cat while you look like that and it will take the food.

There’s something charming about rangers.

Ghostly Cat

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

That’s exactly what I did when I found it this morning. Sure enough, about 20 people flocked to my mentor tag after I announced it in map chat. Someone even dropped a Black Lion Trading Post person so people could buy Omnomberry Ghosts.

:)

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Ghostly Cat

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I had no issue feeding the cat a Strawberry Ghost, but I was under the effects of the Omnomberry Ghost at the time.

Found my Ghostly Cat high up in the Grove Home Instance. =)

A bit off-topic: Is the other cat found only in the Episode 4 version of CM? (I’ve not progressed that far in the story, yet.)

Ghostly Cat

RoseofGilead.8907

I had no issue feeding the cat a Strawberry Ghost, but I was under the effects of the Omnomberry Ghost at the time.

Found my Ghostly Cat high up in the Grove Home Instance. =)

A bit off-topic: Is the other cat found only in the Episode 4 version of CM? (I’ve not progressed that far in the story, yet.)

I don’t know why a bloodstone-crazed cat would be in the old CM, if that’s what you mean. I don’t even remember if you go into that particular room, either, though. But yeah, it’s in the last instance of Episode 4.

Ghostly Cat

Posted by: SlippyCheeze.5483

SlippyCheeze.5483

FWIW, I learned that waypointing removes the ghostly effect from the omnomberry thing, and without that you can’t feed the ghost even if the food effect is still active.

So, IDK if that is why my first attempt with the strawberry ghost failed too, or not, but it’s certainly possible.

Anyway, eat the ghost food while standing next to the cat, then feed it.

Ghostly Cat

Posted by: Kumion.7580

Kumion.7580

The ghost cat does move around. I once found it just S of the stampeding centaur entryway, and once S down the road from the homestead- just E of the road. Both times it was under the rock overhangs.

The bloodstone-crazed cat, Lady Wisteria Whiskington, is only found in Cadacus’ manor. I’m pretty sure you have to defeat the boss before the doors will open to give you access to the cat.

Ghostly Cat

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

The ghost cat does move around. I once found it just S of the stampeding centaur entryway, and once S down the road from the homestead- just E of the road. Both times it was under the rock overhangs.

The bloodstone-crazed cat, Lady Wisteria Whiskington, is only found in Cadacus’ manor. I’m pretty sure you have to defeat the boss before the doors will open to give you access to the cat.

You can get it before beating him.

Ghostly Cat

RoseofGilead.8907

You have to complete the first part of the boss fight to go up to those doors. So, you could do the first part of the fight, go find the cat, and then continue on to the second part of the boss fight (or leave).