Giant Eyes

Giant Eyes

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Malediktus.3740

Malediktus.3740

Is there any good reason why Giant eyes only come from Heavy Moldy Bags, Mawdry and star of generosity gifts. At the very least they should be a possible drop from killing giants, especially the legendary giant in dry top.
In my 8000+ hours of playing this game I found a total of 2 Giant Eyes. So to get a stack of Giant Eyes by playing normally and not buying them of TP, I would need to play a total of 1,000,000 hours.

One of my 30 accounts (Malediktus.9250).

Giant Eyes

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

Because…well…there is no good reason. Of course, this is why I’ll probably never make Immobulus.

Giant Eyes

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

I just get a princess wand. For some reason some people keep thinking it’s the immobulus.

Giant Eyes

Malediktus.3740

I just get a princess wand. For some reason some people keep thinking it’s the immobulus.

I like the eye of rodgort scepter, it only needs 10 Giant eyes, but still an almost impossible task to get them without buying from TP

Giant Eyes

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

I like the eye of rodgort scepter, it only needs 10 Giant eyes, but still an almost impossible task to get them without buying from TP

Just buy them on the tp then. Anet provided you with alternative means to get them, so dont ask for another.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Giant Eyes

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

I’m impressed to see so many on the TP. I have never seen one drop ever. At this point, I’m fairly certain I’ll see a precursor drop before a giants eye lol

Giant Eyes

Posted by: Andred.1087

Andred.1087

I’m impressed to see so many on the TP. I have never seen one drop ever. At this point, I’m fairly certain I’ll see a precursor drop before a giants eye lol

I’m pretty sure I’ve never seen one, and I got a pre drop a few months ago, so this isn’t entirely implausible. Granted, I’ve never actively tried to get Giant Eyes.

“You’ll PAY to know what you really think.” ~ J. R. “Bob” Dobbs

Giant Eyes

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

They only think that until they see the Real and Legendary Quality of a True Immobulus.

/sprinkles Lucky Charms of DOOM all over thread before running out

Giant Eyes

Malediktus.3740

Just buy them on the tp then. Anet provided you with alternative means to get them, so dont ask for another.

No, I feel there should be more means to get them. Just like they added lodestones and cores via champion bags at some point.
I cant think of any logical reason why they should not at the very least be a possible drop from killing giants. Just like you can get charged lodestones from air elementals.

Giant Eyes

Posted by: johnnymiller.5968

johnnymiller.5968

5 random drops for me, from cursed shore over the last 3 months or so. From boss events & mobs.

Giant Eyes

Malediktus.3740

5 random drops for me, from cursed shore over the last 3 months or so. From boss events & mobs.

They dont exist as random drops. Dont lie.

Giant Eyes

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I find it interesting that you say they’re too rare, and then suggest solving this by adding them as a drop to the rarest enemy type in the entire game. There are a grand total of 5 killable giants in the game (including the legendary in Dry Top).

Making giant eyes a drop from giants would admittedly make sense but it would have no noticeable impact on the drop rate or cost.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Giant Eyes

Malediktus.3740

If they would also drop from the giants in brisbane wildernis they would become farmable. Killed 1000 giants in 2 weeks there

Giant Eyes

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

I see no reason not to add them. I’ve only had 1 during my time playing this game. It’s not like keeping the supply low to keep prices high is making a real difference for those who get any from bags. Instead of getting a random 4g once maybe twice every 2 years, they could get 1-2g on occasion for killing a giant. I’ll take the second option all day long.

Addressing the tp as an alternative method of acquisition. It’s not an alternative if its the only realistic option.

Serenity now~Insanity later

Giant Eyes

johnnymiller.5968

Not a lie, check your facts before making accusations. You can obtain them from heavy moldy bags.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Heavy_Moldy_Bag

Giant Eyes

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Not a lie, check your facts before making accusations. You can obtain them from heavy moldy bags.

I think he thought you meant direct drops from mobs, not contents of bags.

Giant Eyes

johnnymiller.5968

Mobs drop moldy bags, as in risen, individual or groups. So they do drop from them directly.

Giant Eyes

Malediktus.3740

thats not direct, that is indirect

Giant Eyes

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Mobs drop moldy bags, as in risen, individual or groups. So they do drop from them directly.

Yeah, that’s not a direct drop.

Giant Eyes

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

What are giant eyes? I don’t see them on the wiki.

Giant Eyes

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

Giant Eyes

Wanze.8410

Its still a random drop from a moldy bag.

Giant Eyes

Malediktus.3740

But he said from Bosses, events and mobs.

Giant Eyes

Wanze.8410

But he said from Bosses, events and mobs.

Yeah, thats how he got the moldy bag in the first place.

Giant Eyes

Malediktus.3740

But that makes it an indirect drop

Giant Eyes

Wanze.8410

just multiply the droprate of moldy bags with the droprate of giant eyes from moldy bags and you got your direct droprate of giant eyes from risen mobs.

Giant Eyes

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

If they would also drop from the giants in brisbane wildernis they would become farmable. Killed 1000 giants in 2 weeks there

How do you know they dont?

Even if you killed 1000 giants, thats not nearly enough to get an eye if its the same chance as from bags.

Come back when you have killed 10,000 giants. If you still dont have an eye, maybe, just maybe, they dont drop them. Still within bad rng range though.

Giant Eyes

Malediktus.3740

How do you know they dont?

Even if you killed 1000 giants, thats not nearly enough to get an eye if its the same chance as from bags.

Come back when you have killed 10,000 giants. If you still dont have an eye, maybe, just maybe, they dont drop them. Still within bad rng range though.

You must be joking right? For the 2 weeks I was in a Giant slayer guild and noone reported any giant eye drop. If they would drop the Wiki would for sure know about it after 2,5 years. Also anything lower than lodestone droprate would be way too low. It should have the same droprate as large skulls from grawls.

Giant Eyes

Malediktus.3740

just multiply the droprate of moldy bags with the droprate of giant eyes from moldy bags and you got your direct droprate of giant eyes from risen mobs.

So once in like 50k?

Giant Eyes

Posted by: Gibson.4036

Gibson.4036

Looked in this thread, expecting it to be about face sliders and anime fans.

Giant Eyes

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

They should be a rare drop from risen giants at least. I made Immobulous but it was really expensive and that’s when giant eyes were ~1g each.

Giant Eyes

Posted by: LadyRhonwyn.2501

LadyRhonwyn.2501

I had a precursor drop from the Forge. And yet still haven’t seen an eye :p

Giant Eyes

Malediktus.3740

I just looked and I would raise the price from 4g 30s to over 12g for giant eyes if I would buy a stack for Immobulus in one go. Madness.
Buy orders are useless for this item, too. You get outbid way too fast unless you order one at a time.