Gift of Color

Gift of Color

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Navrcek.3942

Navrcek.3942

Q:

Hi all, especially devs.
I have only one, small question. Gift of color is needed for legendary staff, The Bitfrost. Since the unidentified colors are unattainable without gems, will be there some changes to this receipt?
Thanks,
Me

Gift of Color

Posted by: Hydroclasm.8572

Hydroclasm.8572

A:

Gift of Color

Posted by: shakome.7458

shakome.7458

yes, the recipe only need 100 dyes instead of 250

Gift of Color

Posted by: goldenwing.8473

goldenwing.8473

I’m currently sitting on over 712 unidentified dyes. All a result of the patch change (52 alts adds up). I’m waiting for the best time to put them up on the TP. I’m sure other players are doing the same thing, although probably not in that quantity.

So, unless something happened with the latest patch, I do believe you can get those unidentified dyes on the TP… for now.

Otherwise, credit card time… I mean.. mystic forge time…. probably exactly what ANet intended.

BG: 52 alts, 29 lvl 80’s. They all look good, so I am done with the game: Oct 2014

(edited by goldenwing.8473)

Gift of Color

Posted by: Nage.1520

Nage.1520

100 unided dyes isn’t that expensive at this moment. Get them from the trading post.

Gift of Color

Navrcek.3942

Goldenwing: Yes, you are completely true, but i mean that by the principle should be all the items on legendary weapons accesible by normal play, not by TP. But I can get through it, since gold is not the biggest problem for me.

(edited by Navrcek.3942)

Gift of Color

Posted by: Kam.1780

Kam.1780

You can still get unidentified dyes form a laurel merchant.

co-leader of Ministry of Friendhsip [MoF] – Gandara

Gift of Color

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

You can still get unidentified dyes form a laurel merchant.

Granted, it would require 500 laurels for the gift of color, but it’s possible to do it that way, too.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

Gift of Color

Posted by: Isaac.6041

Isaac.6041

Goldenwing: Yes, you are completely true, but i mean that by the principle should be all the items on legendary weapons accesible by normal play, not by TP. But I can get through it, since gold is not the biggest problem for me.

Please. TP is a part of normal play. Putting asinine restrictions on yourself won’t help you get gift of color / legendary weapons any faster.

Gift of Color

Posted by: Captain Unusual.9163

Captain Unusual.9163

The 100 dyes will cost you less than half of what it cost pre-patch, at least right now, since dyes lost so much value.

Gift of Color

Navrcek.3942

Isaac: Ofc it is part of game, but no – how to say – loot part. And there is the difference with other legendaries. I am not crying, just asking, and as i said before, gold is no problem for me.
Cpt: i know. That is why I asked this question – I will buy them on TP asap, because the price will grow i assume. Only I wanted to know was, that i wouldn´t buy the dyes and they will change it – I still dont have a precursor.
Thanks all for your answers and excuse my English, it is not perfect..
Me

Gift of Color

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Don’t forget, you can also craft Unid Dyes, as well as receive them from select rewards.

Gift of Color

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Don’t forget, you can also craft Unid Dyes, as well as receive them from select rewards.

We can’t directly craft Unid Dyes – the craftable ones are different and cannot be used for Bifrost (though we can forge 4 of the rare crafted unids to get one normal unid). And as far as those “selected rewards” go… do you know of any? Because i don’t.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November