Gift of Exploration trade for 100% map

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: JemL.3501

JemL.3501

I would like to suggest that gift of exploration would be tradable with an npc for 100% map in a character which doesnt have map completion

I took an arrow to the knee

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

I’d be cool with that, as long as the completion rewards were reduced/converted into something else. And as long as getting 100% this way didn’t give you more Gifts of Exploration.

Posted by: Vavume.8065

Vavume.8065

I’d be cool with that, as long as the completion rewards were reduced/converted into something else. And as long as getting 100% this way didn’t give you more Gifts of Exploration.

There should be no rewards at all, just a straight swap, gift of exploration unlocks 100% world complete. I have been wanting this for a while, and I’m still holding out hope they someday we will get it.

Posted by: VaaCrow.3076

VaaCrow.3076

There should be no rewards at all, just a straight swap, gift of exploration for 100% world complete. I have been wanting this for a while, and I’m still holding out hope they someday we will get it.

Why are you here lurking forums when i could be hitting you with copious amounts of pewpew in wvw.

[Rise] Madness Rises Guild Leader [Kei Shade-ranger]
May our BL break all foes. Fear our babou!
Gunnars Hold Represent! <3

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

This sounds fine to me as long as it’s one gift to get full world exploration but no map completion rewards or any additional gifts of exploration for that char.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Vavume.8065

There should be no rewards at all, just a straight swap, gift of exploration for 100% world complete. I have been wanting this for a while, and I’m still holding out hope they someday we will get it.

Why are you here lurking forums when i could be hitting you with copious amounts of pewpew in wvw.

Rofl, well for one thing that would be kinda hard since I’m not on AG anymore :P

JemL.3501

yeah, just 100% map, no something else

Posted by: Malediktus.3740

Malediktus.3740

Why would someone do this if a gift of exploration is worth 1000g

One of my 30 accounts (Malediktus.9250).

JemL.3501

you cant trade/sell it

i have sitting in bank

could use in alts

Posted by: Stratos.9375

Stratos.9375

you cant trade/sell it

i have sitting in bank

could use in alts

Craft a legendary weapon (you’ll need the Gift). Sell it. How do you think people make profit off it?

JemL.3501

you cant trade/sell it

i have sitting in bank

could use in alts

Craft a legendary weapon (you’ll need the Gift). Sell it. How do you think people make profit off it?

we are talking about the gift of exploration and only and only…you just said it like if the hardest part of the legendary is the gift

i have gift sitting in my bank and alts with 0% map, could be useful, there is no difference on getting full map completion after once or twice or three times…just the char would change. getting the rewards in the end one being gift of exploration is the main thing you would want which if you are not planing in making a legendary it becomes useless slot in the bank

Posted by: General Health.9678

General Health.9678

i have gift sitting in my bank and alts with 0% map

You should probably play those alts.

Blame Abaddon, he loves your tears.
pve, raid, pvp, fractal, dungeon, world clearing, legendary questing.. Zapped!

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

Yeah exactly. What’s the point in having many alts if you’re not playing them? And if you’re not playing them, why would one need them to have 100% map exploration?

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Posted by: TinyK.5326

TinyK.5326

Yeah exactly. What’s the point in having many alts if you’re not playing them? And if you’re not playing them, why would one need them to have 100% map exploration?

I have many alts that I don’t play mainly because I don’t have any waypoints on them and I don’t find map completion fun at all. Trading the gift of exploration just for 100% waypoints is good enough for me. Not everyone wants to make all legendries nor does everyone want to get 400+ waypoints for each character and since trading it would make you lose the opportunity to get another gift of battle on that character I don’t see how it can affect people who actually want to do the map completion.

Posted by: Esquilax.3491

Esquilax.3491

Sorry to play devils advocate here, but I actually like having an incentive to re-explore the world on my other characters.

Vavume.8065

Because I have 19 gifts of exploration in the bank, and I do not feel like making legendarys for profit, call me crazy but it’s just not my thing, I would rather use them to gain world completion on a new character since I am very tired of doing world completes now, I would rather a quick 1 button press world complete than 1000g.

Posted by: CMM.6712

CMM.6712

-1 not signed

JemL.3501

Sorry to play devils advocate here, but I actually like having an incentive to re-explore the world on my other characters.

the incentive are the rewards, ask the people who farm legendaries,

I do play those alts, but not for having 100% map because i dont need the gift of exploration, but sometimes would be useful for have those wps, i could port to world bosses events and dungeons, perhaps i would play them more, lvl 80 alt with full ascended with 0% map makes no sense at all

Would be my desicion and others as well to give up one gift becaue you are rewarded with 2, normal people just make one legendary and will never make another one and that is signed by the whole alien universe, then they have another gift sitting there which could be used in another char they would want to play sometimes

Malediktus.3740

74% (38,5% even at least 5) of the gw2efficiency users with more than 4k hours played have more than 1 legendary. I think almost everyone builds several legendaries if they play long enough.
With 10 legendaries I am barely in the top 2000 of legendaries on gw2efficiency.

Just a flesh wound.3589

74% (38,5% even at least 5) of the gw2efficiency users with more than 4k hours played have more than 1 legendary. I think almost everyone builds several legendaries if they play long enough.
With 10 legendaries I am barely in the top 2000 of legendaries on gw2efficiency.

People who use gw2efficiency are a self selecting group and don’t represent the whole since it’s not a random sample of the population but is self selected from those who are most committed to the game. Most people aren’t even aware that that site exists and wouldn’t use it if they did. Whether or not Legendaries are what people make if they play long enough can’t be told from looking at those numbers.

ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

Malediktus.3740

They are over 90k accounts at gw2efficiency. That is almost 1/4 of the HoT sales. I would think its representative of people who play the game for a long time.

JemL.3501

good for them, good for the users of that website

it has cons and pros, it is just a choice speaking of the gift, if i want to make a legendary and used the extra gift for a char, then well ill guess ill have to make another char and farm whole map completion

doesnt affect anybody, just affects to you in the end, in what you want to use that item

Posted by: Greener.6204

Greener.6204

They are over 90k accounts at gw2efficiency. That is almost 1/4 of the HoT sales. I would think its representative of people who play the game for a long time.

When you have self-selecting systematic error, Dewey Defeats Truman.

Edit: Second link which actually gives information. Thanks wikipedia.

G R E E N E R

(edited by Greener.6204)

Malediktus.3740

Yes, it affects everybody because Anet would have to dedicate resources to implement this. It is probably hard to implement it while also making sure you get no reward chests.

Just a flesh wound.3589

You might think that, but it’s still not a random selection of the population but a self selecting group from those who are “hard core” players. Therefore it’s not an accurate representation of the whole population because it’s “top heavy” from the group of hard core players.

Many players may play long term without investing in the time or gold to make even one Legendary because while they do play, for various reasons they have no plans to make even one Legendary (gold to make, don’t like certain requirements, don’t like the looks of Legendaries, and so on). They are likely then to have Gifts of Exploration without any intent to make Legendaries and no use for them.

Articles you can read on the subject of selection.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-selection_bias
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Selection_bias

ANet may give it to you.

JemL.3501

Yes, it affects everybody because Anet would have to dedicate resources to implement this. It is probably hard to implement it while also making sure you get no reward chests.

No it doesnt, when they have dedicated people for stuff, they have list of ideas too

Only a dev will know if its hard or not according to their tools

edit: according to the marvelous site of gw2efficiency legendaries are even more rare than i expected

http://s21.postimg.org/k8e1k65jr/Sin_t_tulo.png

(edited by JemL.3501)