Gift of Sprockets - worth it ?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: ONko.7460

ONko.7460

What the title says. Right now I have only second tier of spinal backpack, but I would love to have the best one one day. How long would it take ? Are there any better ways to go for it ? Or just forget about it and wait for the next craftable backpack which would be easier to get from current drops ?

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

If its an asc backpack you are looking for, there are cheaper options.
Some are earned through new collections/achievements and require very little mats or gold.

The old forged asc backs also got quite cheap since t6 mats and ectos dropped in value.
There with yakkington and quiver of a thousand arrows even lets you choose your stats.
They should cost around 60-80g atm.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Posted by: ONko.7460

ONko.7460

I wanted it for the looks. But still new infos for me from your reply so thanks.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I think it depends on why you want it.

If you just want an ascended backpack then there probably are easier ones to go for, but if you really like the look of the spinal blades then there’s nothing else like it.

How long it would take depends on a lot of factors. The hardest parts to get hold of are probably the blade shards (unless you did the Battle for LA and held onto them) and the watchwork sprockets (unless you have the mining pick and/or home instance node). But if you think of it as a long-term goal to work towards then it’s not too bad.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Dromina.5023

Dromina.5023

If you want a colored spineal backpack be aware that it is one of the most expensive backpacks ingame right now. 10 dynamic cores for example cost around 160 gold and will rise further because they are a limited ressource.

For sprockets. Easiest way to get them is to buy them. If you want to get some cheaper you can get the gift for 5-10 sprockets per day. You need thousands of those though (50 sprockets to make 10-15 blade shards and 500 for the mechanism).

If you only want an ascended backpiece Wanze just talked about a lot cheaper ones

In the long term the gift of sprockets will pay off though. It gets you around 30 silver per day with an investment of 15 gold and 25 laurels if you sell all sprockets you get out of it.

(edited by Dromina.5023)

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

Since you can choose wich fractals you do now, choose the fractal that starts with the underwater bombs, and Ellen Kiel following you, while mai trin is another frac, this is basically it’s ‘pre-story, fractal’. The boss is golems, with an inquest champ controlling high damagel lightning beams in the room.

Why this fractal? The mobs in the room before boss, have a good chance to drop 5 spinal blades.

If you got a few alts doing nothing at the moment, park them in Gendarren fields, ‘not so secret’ jumping puzzle (hide out for aetherblade, one big, and one smaller chest, last is relatively easy to reach, but watch out the veteran, he can hurt if you are not careful). Sometimes mesmers offer free portal.

Farm the home node every day (can guest to other player who have it if you don’t). Average 1-2 a day for me.

Edge of the mist has some hard hitting veterans in the center also. I used my thief blind spam build (and my ranger with tanky pet), to solo these. Sometimes lucky enough to get a strike of 15 blade shards in a few mins (sometimes nothing in an hour either).

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

If you kit out your home instance and visit it everyday, the gift of Sprokets will generate a blade shard or 2 and about 10 silver of Watchwork Sprokets every day.

And if you get 4 nodes in you home instance, such as the free Aurilium node & the laurel bought candy corn and quartz crystal nodes, then you get super easy “miner” daily achievements just by visiting the correct home instance.

Laurels should first be used on getting ascended trinkets. But, after you have those, the nodes aren’t a bad purchase.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.