Giftable Items and Services

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Jasonj.8064

Jasonj.8064

I think more items should be giftable to friends in the Black Lion Trading company. If could buy my friends additional character slots, upgrade their accounts to the paid version, buy them outfits or gliders skins, and anything that would upgrade their account and/or make them want to play the game more. This would drive in more players and current players would have more of their friends willing to play. I have friends who I’d love to buy and gift things to that can’t afford them.

P.S I’m assuming since this is my first time using a forum that I will get a lot of negative feedback because most people are just rude! Just keep in mind I would rather NOT use a forum because of this but I wanted my suggestion heard and it seems this is the only way to make that happen.

Posted by: jheryn.8390

jheryn.8390

I agree with you 100%. I wanted to buy a character slot for a friend of mine, and I wound up having to buy a Visa gift card for him to do so.

I think the company is missing out on revenue by not making everything giftable.

Jasonj.8064

Exactly! If I’m willing to pay, take more of my money! All the holidays, birthdays and just friendly “hey thanks for being my friend” gifts I could buy. I’ve already spent 0ver $250 on the game and the core game a friend bought for me!

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I think the stated reasoning is that for anything that can be applied only once to an account (or limited times as in bank slots), it can be a real mess to untangle excess gifts so the sender doesn’t waste the gems. Though I did read a comment about someone who had a glider gifted to him/her that s/he already had, so that one may have slipped through.

Jasonj.8064

I think the stated reasoning is that for anything that can be applied only once to an account (or limited times as in bank slots), it can be a real mess to untangle excess gifts so the sender doesn’t waste the gems. Though I did read a comment about someone who had a glider gifted to him/her that s/he already had, so that one may have slipped through.

So why not make it so that if they did already have it they simply regift it or return it to the sender with a message saying they already have it the sender could just get the gem value for back. Great point though.

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

I think more items should be giftable to friends in the Black Lion Trading company. If could buy my friends additional character slots, upgrade their accounts to the paid version, buy them outfits or gliders skins, and anything that would upgrade their account and/or make them want to play the game more. This would drive in more players and current players would have more of their friends willing to play. I have friends who I’d love to buy and gift things to that can’t afford them.

P.S I’m assuming since this is my first time using a forum that I will get a lot of negative feedback because most people are just rude! Just keep in mind I would rather NOT use a forum because of this but I wanted my suggestion heard and it seems this is the only way to make that happen.

The upgrades you mentioned, as well as others, are NOT giftable for a very good, legitimate, and sound reason. The gem store has zero ability to see whether or not the account you’re gifting to has that specific thing unlocked already (or at maximum limit) or not. So things like character slots, bank expacs, deluxe upgrade, etcs, which DO have maximum limits on purchases for an account, cant be gifted. Nothing would suck more than gifting someone a few bag slots, or a deluxe upgrade, or a jumpstart, to find out they bought it an hour before you sent it. Guess what? They cant use it, you cant get your gems back.

Aidan Savage.2078

So why not make it so that if they did already have it they simply regift it or return it to the sender with a message saying they already have it the sender could just get the gem value for back. Great point though.

Doesnt work sadly. It’s simply easier to say “Sorry, this is a non-transferrable service/item.” It’s also a seriously much smaller can of wurms being opened.

Jasonj.8064

Doesnt work sadly. It’s simply easier to say “Sorry, this is a non-transferrable service/item.” It’s also a seriously much smaller can of wurms being opened.

Okay, watch this…

You: “Hey (friends name) do you have this?”
Friend: “Yeah, I have it maxed.”
or
Friend: “Man I really want those golden wings but I’m broke.
You: Oh? Really?”

I also Know what my friend has and doesn’t have. Also, they could accept the gift or return the gem value to me or give the gems to my friend so they could buy something they don’t have or gift it to one of their friends.

As for the can of worms….I have no idea how this could be a bad thing if done correctly. You either accept the gift or not. If you can’t you don’t accept it and it goes back to the sender or you can get the gem value to buy something you don’t have. Very easy. However, not everything has to be giftable but I still think more things should be. If this causes so many problems then just let me send them gems in the first place to buy whatever they want.

Aidan Savage.2078

Send em the gold. Far simpler than the sheer amount of issues being able to gift account upgrades would bring.

Jasonj.8064

Send em the gold. Far simpler than the sheer amount of issues being able to gift account upgrades would bring.

Sending them gold will not allow them to buy the items they want from the gem store and converting the gold to the gems they will actually lose out because it cost so much at least on my server.

Jasonj.8064

Not to mention I don’t even have the gold myself to send them because the conversion is so crazy.

Jasonj.8064

I don’t have 150 gold but I have $10 (800 gems). I would have to buy 2010 gems at $35, transfer those gems into gold to give to my friend which he would have to turn around and buy the 800 gems needed to buy a $10 item.

(edited by Jasonj.8064)