Gifts of Exploration need to be improved.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: aophts.9862

aophts.9862

So, you’re saying that after completing the WHOLE game map, in the end i’m awarded with 2 items that will make me poor and frustrated? Really? This is my reward for completing the whole map?

I have 2 gifts already and i’m returning to the game (i’m level 80 with my main already, which i have deleted 10 months ago, and working on world map completion again) and i’m reaching the 100% map completion again. But i know that i will be rewarded with those two gifts that can be only used to craft a weapon that costs TON of gold and time and that are extremely stressful to craft if you don’t have a lot of GOLD, time and a lot of friends for some activities.

The thing is, not everyone wants to craft a #cough# legendary weapon.

Can we have another option to use those gifts? Like, idk, another thing that doesn’t cost us 1500g and months to make?

It is not something crucial or super important, but it would be nice to have this.

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

In my opinion, you should only get 1 gift of exploration these days for map completion as they took the wvw maps out of the requirement.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

You’re forgetting about all of the map completion rewards that you got along the way. World completion is strictly for those that plan to make a legendary in the future. Some exceptions would be the first time for the AP/title and to level a character.

Posted by: niea.7504

niea.7504

…extremely stressful to craft if you don’t have a lot of GOLD, time and a lot of friends for some activities.

Why is “gold” in all caps?

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

I don’t understand your complain. There are already a ton of rewards for map completion: gold, mats, loot from monsters, experience, and the rather good rewards you get when you complete a map entirely. In addition, map completion should be something you do for fun, not for the rewards. It is a lot more rewarding than most of the other “non-farm” activities in GW2.

Posted by: Thz.7569

Thz.7569

Allowing the gifts to be used on alts for map completion would be nice. No rewards, of course, but I find alts frustrating just because there is too much running around to get waypoints and whatnot.

Posted by: Taxidriver.2043

Taxidriver.2043

allow pvper to buy gift of exploration since pvers whine about wvw map completion and they took them out.

(edited by Taxidriver.2043)

Posted by: Azala Yar.7693

Azala Yar.7693

So, you’re saying that after completing the WHOLE game map, in the end i’m awarded with 2 items that will make me poor and frustrated? Really? This is my reward for completing the whole map?

I have 2 gifts already and i’m returning to the game (i’m level 80 with my main already, which i have deleted 10 months ago, and working on world map completion again) and i’m reaching the 100% map completion again. But i know that i will be rewarded with those two gifts that can be only used to craft a weapon that costs TON of gold and time and that are extremely stressful to craft if you don’t have a lot of GOLD, time and a lot of friends for some activities.

The thing is, not everyone wants to craft a #cough# legendary weapon.

Can we have another option to use those gifts? Like, idk, another thing that doesn’t cost us 1500g and months to make?

It is not something crucial or super important, but it would be nice to have this.

Well I have 18 of those and another 4 characters working on world completions.

They just sit in the bank, I’ve no real use for them at the moment.

Posted by: heartless.6803

heartless.6803

In my opinion, you should only get 1 gift of exploration these days for map completion as they took the wvw maps out of the requirement.

How does the wvw maps equate to an entire gift of exploration? They weren’t that hard to get. The reason that took it out of world completion is because they’re not part of the world.

That said, I’d gladly love an option to use a gift of exploration to get a full map discovery on an alt, minus heart completions and skill points of course. I find new characters going around the world to be super tedious and annoying. Going all the way down to orr for some stupid trait crap when I’ll never go to Orr ever again on that character.

I can’t freaking wait for that trait overhaul, this system blows.

Disclaimer: Under no circumstance should you take this seriously.

Posted by: Surbrus.6942

Surbrus.6942

The reason that took it out of world completion is because they’re not part of the world.

The reason they removed it from the requirements was because of the hoards of complainers complaining that the game was too hard, that it needed to be dumbed down, or something of the like. Anet’s solution to this was the same with underwater content, feeding cows and TA f/u, to just remove it to make things easier/dumbed down.

By your logic Southsun, Labyrinthine Cliffs, Drytop and Silverwastes are not part of the world either.

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

The reason that took it out of world completion is because they’re not part of the world.

The reason they removed it from the requirements was because of the hoards of complainers complaining that the game was too hard, that it needed to be dumbed down, or something of the like. Anet’s solution to this was the same with underwater content, feeding cows and TA f/u, to just remove it to make things easier/dumbed down.

By your logic Southsun, Labyrinthine Cliffs, Drytop and Silverwastes are not part of the world either.

They likely removed it due to the new borderlands map being added on rotation with the current one.

heartless.6803

Nobody was complaining about it being too hard, get off your soapbox. It was annoying because you had to wait for map rotations to get some of the points in the world v world maps. Not to mention WvW players complained about it more then the people trying to get the map completion. They complained about the amount of useless players roaming around not helping and getting in the way more then the people doing the completion did.

The reason nothing ever gets added to world completion is people would get upset that I have to do more then they did before blah blah blah.

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

The opposite. It should be an account unlock you can claim as often as you like similar to the achievement point skins.
Map exploration is one of the most boring activities I ever found in this game.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

I think heartless has a great idea. I would LOVE to use a gift of exploration to be able to get full map on my alts. I also have a few of these kicking around. I am SO BORED with mapping but would like to make new professions. I get like two maps done and delete cause honestly the thought of opening the whole world, yet AGAIN, is tedious feeling at best and abhorently boring/mind numbing/dull/repetitive at worst. I’ve done it. A few times. I want to PLAY my way, not map endlessly. Thank you. Off soap box now.

Anyway, I can’t think of a better additional purpose for gifts of exploration. It would literally be a gift of the world to your alt!

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

Posted by: Evasiion.3859

Evasiion.3859

I’m all for using the gift on an alt to discover the whole map, along with renown hearts.(They’re very tedious and get boring after awhile. imo) I have many alts that i use for Dungeons, WvW, Silverwastes, and the works.

Incinerator/Meteorlogicus/Sunrise/Bifrost.
Syllariana, Ghostly Eva, M Ë S, Scarletta Marie, D R Ä K E.

Posted by: Miss Lana.5276

Miss Lana.5276

I wouldn’t be against using the gifts of exploration to open up every waypoint for the alt that uses the gift, but I’d be against it completing their map entirely. You want that star next to your name you gotta put some work into it.

48 Characters|Necro|Raider|Fractaller|PvPer|Singer
So long Treeface.
“…Kormir? I know not of whom you speak.”

Posted by: ToT.7018

ToT.7018

I’ve done the world completion twice and made legendaries from them way back.
Recently i have been mapping again on a couple of alts to get the gifts again for the new legendaries.
I have noticed however this time around black lion keys seem to have been nerfed from the maps (im not including home towns obviously)
I’ve had 2 keys from the last 23 maps i was wondering if anyone else has experinced anything similar?

heartless.6803

I’ve done the world completion twice and made legendaries from them way back.
Recently i have been mapping again on a couple of alts to get the gifts again for the new legendaries.
I have noticed however this time around black lion keys seem to have been nerfed from the maps (im not including home towns obviously)
I’ve had 2 keys from the last 23 maps i was wondering if anyone else has experinced anything similar?

I’ve noticed a drastic decrease in total key’s gained. I used to see them drop back around launch quite often but I don’t even think they drop from mobs at all now.