Give Anet a Chance

Give Anet a Chance

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Eleazyair.5716

Eleazyair.5716

I understand why all of you are frustrated and angry and want to smash your keyboards. Yes Anet made promises and didn’t deliver. I’m not going to name which Developer because we all know who it was. Yes he made a huge mistake and will suffer from the backlash. But we need to look at this in a logical manner.

So someone promised significant changes to a profession in the latest patch and didn’t deliver. Well, at least there are changes in the pipes right? Compared to no changes at all? It would have been better if he didn’t open his mouth in the Mists about how many changes are going to be made for particular classes. That was his mistake again. But to be fair, a lot of the expectations was left up to us, the players. I think we all (me included) was expecting such huge changes to the professions in such short amounts of time.

If we take a step back and realise that each class and it’s core mechanic is a significant portion of the overall game, then changing the ‘symbiosis’ between each skill is going to take a lot of effort and resource. It was stated that only 2 Developers work on overall profession skills. That is a poor management by Anet, no doubt. But if you think about it, having to cope with the huge demands caused by GW2 and its popularity, Anet as a company must be experiencing some growing pains.

I think we should wait for an official response by an Anet Executive and see what they say.

Give Anet a Chance

Posted by: Sion.1653

Sion.1653

Good post. I agree completely; this instance is a perfect example of why Anet so rarely opens their mouth about anything in the works. It might drive players mad that we don’t know what’s going on – but look how much more angry the masses are when we finally were given a tidbit of info, but complications arose and expectations were not precisely met. It’s a slippery slope of keeping us totally uninformed versus giving us too many promises, and they have to find the balance.

Give Anet a Chance

Posted by: nofo.8469

nofo.8469

I would be fine if the two people working on class changes were competent.

A lot of their changes don’t make any sense whatsoever though.

Give Anet a Chance

Posted by: Anders.6425

Anders.6425

Two Developers are working on fixes. I could give them 100 years to fix the game and it wouldn’t be enough time or man power.

Give Anet a Chance

Eleazyair.5716

Two Developers are working on fixes. I could give them 100 years to fix the game and it wouldn’t be enough time or man power.

Yes I agree. That’s why I said it is poor company management on Anet’s part if such a significant game mechanic is being balanced by only 2 developers. The developer said there are more than 500 skills to take into account. That is a lot for 2 people. Anet need to assign more people in that department.

Give Anet a Chance

Posted by: BurnedToast.3781

BurnedToast.3781

I gave Anet a chance.

They used it to keep certain power classes on top, meanwhile ignoring the other half of the classes who are plagued with bugs, broken skills, poor traits, and general underpoweredness.

Then, instead of fixing that, they added a gear treadmill to the game despite claiming grinding gear for power was not something that was ever going to be in the game.

Why should I give them another chance?

Give Anet a Chance

Eleazyair.5716

I gave Anet a chance.

They used it to keep certain power classes on top, meanwhile ignoring the other half of the classes who are plagued with bugs, broken skills, poor traits, and general underpoweredness.

Then, instead of fixing that, they added a gear treadmill to the game despite claiming grinding gear for power was not something that was ever going to be in the game.

Because they’ve never handled a game of this scale before. They need to work out how to balance their development teams, what to announce to us and when. These things take time. The game has only been out for a couple of months.

Give Anet a Chance

Posted by: ExpiredLifetime.1083

ExpiredLifetime.1083

I gave Anet a chance.

This. They’re not getting another chance from me.

Give Anet a Chance

Posted by: NaughtyProwler.8653

NaughtyProwler.8653

Give them a chance? That’s what I did when I bought the game.

bridge = burnt

Give Anet a Chance

Posted by: Booning.5476

Booning.5476

And how many working on content for the locusts?

Give Anet a Chance

Posted by: Dibrom.6408

Dibrom.6408

So someone promised significant changes to a profession in the latest patch and didn’t deliver.

Yes

Well, at least there are changes in the pipes right?

You’re basing that on the failed promise? I usually don’t believe people who start lying.

Arenanet: The paragon of truth.

Give Anet a Chance

Posted by: Azel.4786

Azel.4786

I believe the developer was not wrong for talking to the community in both of what I consider the main occasions (the SB nerf and the lack of changes to rangers), however the biggest problem was how communication was handled. Communication needs to occur, but needs to be handle well.

Things could have taken a very different course if the SB nerf had been clearly stated as a nerf and a plan for the class had been explained, and the lack of changes / future substantial changes, had been properly communicated and informed to the community.

This “dropping the bomb” PR approach ANET keeps bringing to the table is only creating more antagonism between ANET and the community and that is the biggest concern.

Go to the Ranger forums and you will see that people were trying to think of ways to be constructive and give ideas, some, granted, were absurd like wanting an exponential damage increase to rangers, but others showed decent promise and concepts that could be worked with.

However, once again, the “drop the bomb” approach made the forums explode and the community rage (go figure how many might have also just dropped the game with this – I, for one, am seriously considering it)

Give Anet a Chance

Eleazyair.5716

So someone promised significant changes to a profession in the latest patch and didn’t deliver.

Yes

Well, at least there are changes in the pipes right?

You’re basing that on the failed promise? I usually don’t believe people who start lying.

I 100% agree with you. I’m as mad as everyone because I was treating this patch as my saving grace to remain interested. But I’m trying to look at this through a logical perspective. Rome wasn’t built in a day.

Give Anet a Chance

Posted by: Ganzo.5079

Ganzo.5079

I give them a chance before the patch…
and then a have read that kittening and insulting Q\A with izzy… and know we discover that Anet care about vertical progression (because if you care about all progression, you include the vertical, and the know vertical and horizontal progression cannot live together)

give them a chance without replies? absolutely no…kitten!

Because, like Guild Wars before it, GW2 doesn’t fall into the traps of traditional MMORPGs.
It doesn’t suck your life away and force you onto a grinding treadmill"
LOL

Give Anet a Chance

Posted by: Scourge.4317

Scourge.4317

I would be fine if the two people working on class changes were competent.

A lot of their changes don’t make any sense whatsoever though.

Really man? Some of you people are going a little overboard.

Give Anet a Chance

Posted by: Amulrei.4973

Amulrei.4973

I honestly don’t think AN will come back from this. The last week has been a PR train-wreck that in a time where they were desperately trying to draw in new people.

Instead they have divided the once solid community, introduced elements in to the game many of us left other MMOs to escape and completely ignored the feedback on such issues. Not content with that, they release one of the WORST content patches I have ever seen, with bonus points for an event most of us cannot even attend, an absolute joke list of class changes. Engineers were literally trolled with the promise of over 30 changes only to find a page of frigging tooltip changes and some of the most mind-boggling nerfs I have seen to date (grenades? Seriously…?). Other classes apparently got slammed just as bad if not worse but Backstab and HB get off scott free yet again. (Yeah go figure.) The cherry on top of all this was the announcement that the entire class balancing is handled and tested by…two people. Because GW2 is apparently an indy title now or something? Your guess is as good as mine.

You say to give the game and AN another chance but I am not really sure how they can salvage this. The community feels let down and in many cases, lied to. The patch is a sad, sad joke and with the news that translates to “Don’t expect meaningful class changes pretty much ever because we don’t actually have a team for that”.

At some point you have to look at the train that has derailed, burning from end to end and admit to yourself “I don’t think the 5:15 is going to make it on time after all.”

(edited by Amulrei.4973)

Give Anet a Chance

Posted by: Tempest.1254

Tempest.1254

Many of us have already given them multiple chances.

Give Anet a Chance

Eleazyair.5716

I believe the developer was not wrong for talking to the community in both of what I consider the main occasions (the SB nerf and the lack of changes to rangers), however the biggest problem was how communication was handled. Communication needs to occur, but needs to be handle well.

Things could have taken a very different course if the SB nerf had been clearly stated as a nerf and a plan for the class had been explained, and the lack of changes / future substantial changes, had been properly communicated and informed to the community.

This “dropping the bomb” PR approach ANET keeps bringing to the table is only creating more antagonism between ANET and the community and that is the biggest concern.

Go to the Ranger forums and you will see that people were trying to think of ways to be constructive and give ideas, some, granted, were absurd like wanting an exponential damage increase to rangers, but others showed decent promise and concepts that could be worked with.

However, once again, the “drop the bomb” approach made the forums explode and the community rage (go figure how many might have also just dropped the game with this – I, for one, am seriously considering it)

I’m more than aware of the Ranger problem. I play a melee ranger mainly because of its astonishing imperfections. Just because a player comes up with a ‘possible’ idea doesn’t mean Anet can or will be able to to implement it. They need to brainstorm ideas, create prototypes, create a working build etc etc. We know how it all works. People are asking them to do the impossible in such a short amount of time. Anet don’t have those types of resources.

Give Anet a Chance

Posted by: Steely Phil.3952

Steely Phil.3952

I had a lot of trust built up for ANet after GW1 and…. it’s gone. I had been evangelizing for them, talking about how in GW1 they made aggressive, sweeping, balance changes. How they laid out and explained in depth their reasoning behind even tiny adjustments to skills (at least in the latter part of the game’s life). I would talk about how nice it was to able to leave the game for months at a time and then come back and still be able to participate in any content I found interesting, or not participate since no content was mandatory.

None of this is true in GW2 however. I recently convinced a friend to buy the game, and actually feel guilty for doing so. The very day he installed they released the news about ascended gear and the radiance stat. Way to make me look like a jerk ANet.

*Kind of surprised that didn’t get auto-censored. Gonna come back censor it myself. Gotta protect the kiddies.

“Yo dawg, we heard you liked grind.” -ANet

(edited by Steely Phil.3952)

Give Anet a Chance

Posted by: Roven Leafsong.8917

Roven Leafsong.8917

Two Developers are working on fixes.

To be fair, I believe he said two designers were looking at the class skills. That probably doesn’t count programmers, engineers, QA testers and so on.

I think we should also respect the work that any creative and talented employee puts into an immense project like this. I doubt even the designers have free reign to make any changes whatsoever just based on their own personal feelings – they are still constrained by the overall business priorities, project vision and whatever other accountabilities may apply.

Also, I think that the quality of the content that has been delivered so far has been quite extraordinary, for which those developers deserve a lot of credit. The fact that things are missing or not put in at the right times is something that has less to do with the designers and more to do with the management of staff and resources.

I’m not saying I’m not disappointed by some of those missing things (mostly from release rather than from a recent patch), but I agree that feedback should still be kept civil, fair and respectful of the accomplishment so far.

Give Anet a Chance

Posted by: Rainasa.3471

Rainasa.3471

We did give them a chance, this was it. they promised that this update, the first actual major balance patch would fix a lot of issues. especially with the ranger, necromancer and elementalist classes, and instead of fixing many of the literal hundreds of bugs these classes suffer, Necro’s where all but ignored while rangers and eles received drastic nerfs.

the conformation that they only have two people working on class balance is just the final nail in the coffin. I have lost all hope and trust In my once favorite MMO developer.

Give Anet a Chance

Eleazyair.5716

I had a lot of trust built up for ANet after GW1 and…. it’s gone. I had been evangelizing for them, talking about how in GW1 they made aggressive, sweeping, balance changes. How they laid out and explained in depth their reasoning behind even tiny adjustments to skills (at least in the latter part of the game’s life). I would talk about how nice it was to able to leave the game for months at a time and then come back and still be able to participate in any content I found interesting, or not participate since no content was mandatory.

None of this is true in GW2 however. I recently convinced a fried to buy the game, and actually feel guilty for doing so. The very day he installed they released the news about ascended gear and the radiance stat. Way to make me look like a dick ANet.

But you can’t compare GW1 to GW2. They are completely different entities. A lot of the developers that worked on GW1 never worked on GW2. There are far more new and stressful issues that arise or have arose in GW2 that was never seen in GW1.

Give Anet a Chance

Azel.4786

I’m more than aware of the Ranger problem. I play a melee ranger mainly because of its astonishing imperfections. Just because a player comes up with a ‘possible’ idea doesn’t mean Anet can or will be able to to implement it. They need to brainstorm ideas, create prototypes, create a working build etc etc. We know how it all works. People are asking them to do the impossible in such a short amount of time. Anet don’t have those types of resources.

At not point in time am I asking for the impossible. Let’s be clear, I understand their lack of resources (the two man team and all that), however you have to understand, brainstorming for a community driven game is not to be handled behind closed doors. That is the problem I am trying to raise.

I for one could be perfectly fine with ANET working 1-2 months to bring some changes that don’t have to be the “fix all the problems” but only a “step in to the right direction” type of thing.

However when we are promised amazing things and things don’t come, you can’t possibly expect the entire community to just react to such a letdown with a “Oh, okay, well thanks for the update! Let’s hope for the next one!”.

These types of reactions can only come if a proper communication is delivered, ideas juggled with the community (perhaps beta servers), etc. That is the department ANET is falling and is causing such a rage.

Give Anet a Chance

Posted by: Steely Phil.3952

Steely Phil.3952

But you can’t compare GW1 to GW2. They are completely different entities. A lot of the developers that worked on GW1 never worked on GW2. There are far more new and stressful issues that arise or have arose in GW2 that was never seen in GW1.

I know that now. The biggest difference being that GW1 was a good game and GW2 is not.

“Yo dawg, we heard you liked grind.” -ANet

Give Anet a Chance

Amulrei.4973

Two Developers are working on fixes.

To be fair, I believe he said two designers were looking at the class skills. That probably doesn’t count programmers, engineers, QA testers and so on.

I think we should also respect the work that any creative and talented employee puts into an immense project like this. I doubt even the designers have free reign to make any changes whatsoever just based on their own personal feelings – they are still constrained by the overall business priorities, project vision and accountabilities.

Also, I think that the quality of the content that has been delivered so far has been quite extraordinary, for which those developers deserve a lot of credit. The fact that things are missing or not put in at the right times is something that has less to do with the designers and more to do with the management of staff and resources.

I’m not saying I’m not disappointed by some of those missing things (mostly from release rather than from a recent patch), but I agree that feedback should still be kept civil, fair and respectful of the accomplishment so far.

You are kidding right?

You want us to respect the developers when they see the frigging Grenade Kit as a bigger problem in SPvP then Backstab or HB?

You want us to respect the developers when they promised Engineers over 30 updates and they wound up being 90% tooltip changes and 10% seemingly random nerfs?

You want us to respect the developers when it has taken over three months to get weapon sigils working with Engineer kits? Or turret scaling? None of which has been done BTW.

I’ll let the other professions speak for themselves but from the background noise, it sounds like they got burned just as bad. Rangers especially.

I am sorry but what is to respect exactly? This has been the biggest flop of a content patch I have seen in an MMO to date. I am the first to give credit when it is due but I’ll be kittened if there is a single element of this patch so far that is worthy of respect or praise.

(edited by Amulrei.4973)

Give Anet a Chance

Posted by: Kyias.1845

Kyias.1845

It is easy to say “give them a chance!”

The reality is I play a ranger which received ZERO patch notes last month and the majority of patch notes this month geared towards underwater combat…something I can safely say MANY of us do not care about.

The bottom line is they have wasted time. That is something we as players cannot get back and it is the most VALUABLE resource I have.

So yes, I think myself..and especially rangers can be quite upset.

Kyias Lightsun
Myrmidons of Kryta (MOK)
Blackgate Server

Give Anet a Chance

Posted by: Ganzo.5079

Ganzo.5079

its not the patch note the biggest delusion of this night (on EU) but this, and i have really no kind word left:

http://kotaku.com/5960951/the-lead-designer-of-guild-wars-2-is-answering-your-questions-right-now

Maarius 2 hours ago

how important for you is vertical progression in GW2?

IsaiahCartwright @Maarius 2 hours ago

All progression is important to us, we want to make sure our rewards and progression systems hit a spectrum of players and makes everyone feel excited to play the game.

Because, like Guild Wars before it, GW2 doesn’t fall into the traps of traditional MMORPGs.
It doesn’t suck your life away and force you onto a grinding treadmill"
LOL

Give Anet a Chance

Posted by: Derk.3189

Derk.3189

In the highly competitive world of game design, you don’t get second chances. What reason do gamers have to sticking to one game? Social media has bridged any inconveniences of gamers gathering in the past, and we can migrate to another game with no difficulty now.

Thats essentially just it. After 3 months Arenanet has shown us nothing but failure upon failure. Halloween was OK but that hardly rules out all the other piles of dog litter.

Give Anet a Chance

Posted by: Hawkmoon.5849

Hawkmoon.5849

I gave Anet a chance.
>snip<

Because they’ve never handled a game of this scale before. They need to work out how to balance their development teams, what to announce to us and when. These things take time. The game has only been out for a couple of months.

And it would have been difficult to take notes on their predecessors? WoW, EQ1/2, Rift… I could go on. While I understand those are all subscription based games, they all share the genre market that GW2 is trying to cater to.

I gotta say, there’s a pretty clear feeling here on the boards and in-game from chat: ANet didn’t do their homework. After years of development, it is starting to feel like they didn’t understand the gravity of what a game of this scale would mean in terms of design and (more importantly) upkeep of that design.

Now, to be fair, I’m not in here threatening to quit or rage about my class getting or not getting nerfed… there’s enough of that already. But the handling of this patch- the content update, the balancing, the information communication to the community- this has all been mishandled from the word “go”. These are all things in which I would have expected ANet to understand from their competition, take the good, leave the bad, and present us with an amazing product. Again, the feeling, by and large, is that they failed at this on several levels.

We got next to no communication, and the communication we did get was unclear or turned out to be completely inaccurate. People feel lied to. First, with the “gear treadmill”, then with the “sweeping balance changes” that didn’t show up. To then come out after the fact and say, “hey, there’s only two of us balancing” in my mind makes ANet seem almost amateur.

ANet needs to take a hard look at what’s going on in the forums, and in-game, and realize they have to make serious changes going forward if they expect continued success in GW2. I just hope they realize it before everyone gives up on them.

Hope is the carrot dangled before the draft horse that plods along in the vain attempt to reach it

Give Anet a Chance

Eleazyair.5716

At not point in time am I asking for the impossible. Let’s be clear, I understand their lack of resources (the two man team and all that), however you have to understand, brainstorming for a community driven game is not to be handled behind closed doors. That is the problem I am trying to raise.

I for one could be perfectly fine with ANET working 1-2 months to bring some changes that don’t have to be the “fix all the problems” but only a “step in to the right direction” type of thing.

However when we are promised amazing things and things don’t come, you can’t possibly expect the entire community to just react to such a letdown with a “Oh, okay, well thanks for the update! Let’s hope for the next one!”.

These types of reactions can only come if a proper communication is delivered, ideas juggled with the community (perhaps beta servers), etc. That is the department ANET is falling and is causing such a rage.

I hear you and I agree. I think what Anet need to make a public state by a figure head like Colin and say something like, “Look we made a mistake in promising things that weren’t ready to be implanted in this patch, and we apologise to our entire player base.” Something on those lines, explain where they made the mistakes, why, and what they are going to do to fix it. Right now Anets greatest concern should be PR control and fixing the mess they created.

(edited by Eleazyair.5716)

Give Anet a Chance

Posted by: Fritz.5026

Fritz.5026

its not the patch note the biggest delusion of this night (on EU) but this, and i have really no kind word left:

http://kotaku.com/5960951/the-lead-designer-of-guild-wars-2-is-answering-your-questions-right-now

Maarius 2 hours ago

how important for you is vertical progression in GW2?

IsaiahCartwright @Maarius 2 hours ago

All progression is important to us, we want to make sure our rewards and progression systems hit a spectrum of players and makes everyone feel excited to play the game.

I do find this kind of disturbing.

GW2 does not have the ability to compete with dedicated pve games in my opinion. shallow combat, limited abilities, no raids, and its missing most of the bells and whistles of pve games like mounts and all of that jazz.

they should stick to their strengths which was being a balanced mmo style pvp game.

trying to be guild-warcraft is just going to end poorly for them like everyone else who tries.

Give Anet a Chance

Posted by: Maethril.9586

Maethril.9586

Honestly I don’t really understand all this rage over this patch. Since I didn’t expect anything epic yet anyway. Usually really big fixes comes out when next real expansions etc comes out. Till then patches are mostly cosmetic than actually big ones.

People just wants to expect too much from everything, some says “We are getting bit bigger patch soon”, most people reads it “Next patch fixes whole universe and gives us world peace”. When it doesn’t rage fills the world.

Also can’t really understand rage over rangers either. Since I’m playing dual bow ranger with signets & immobilize and having blast.
Way more than my GSword warrior, which is only repeating same stuff all over again. “Rush enemy, swing defs off, hundred blades, if unlucky you need to hit couple more. Then next group of enemies”

SBow isn’t fast as it used to be, so what. It still is faster than warrior with 1handed sword, about same damage and you have distance advantage.
LBow is bit too slow imo, also damage is weaker than it’s rifle counterpart. Yet it’s decent enough in good hands.
Underwater fights used to be horrible, since this patch actually seemed to do something to those, then I’m bit more happier.

Meh, I’m not too worried over new rarity tier either, since I always had feeling there should be 1 or 2 more, but they just didn’t make them on time.
Mostly rage over those seems to come from WvW & PvP only players, though getting new ones doesn’t usually take longer than few days with lvl 80 characters anyway.
Wealthy characters probably wont need to “wait” even that long, spends some Gs and here we go again.

Imo Anet is doing quite fine considering how new game this is, and lack of staff they seem to have atm. If we have these problems from year now and after couple expansions. Then it’s usually lost cause.

Lvl 80 Warrior – Ranger – Thief – Elementalist – Mesmer – Guardian.
Switched Anet to Square E and haven’t regretted it even once.

(edited by Maethril.9586)

Give Anet a Chance

Eleazyair.5716

Honestly I don’t really understand all this rage over this patch. Since I didn’t expect anything epic yet anyway. Usually really big fixes comes out when next real expansions etc comes out. Till then patches are mostly cosmetic than actually big ones.

People just wants to expect too much from everything, some says “We are getting bit bigger patch soon”, most people reads it “Next patch fixes whole universe and gives us world peace”. When it doesn’t rage fills the world.

Also can’t really understand rage over rangers either. Since I’m playing dual bow ranger with signets & immobilize and having blast.
Way more than my GSword warrior, which is only repeating same stuff all over again. “Rush enemy, swing defs off, hundred blades. Next group of enemies”

SBow isn’t fast as it used to be, so what. It still is faster than warrior with 1handed sword, about same damage and you have distance advantage.
LBow is bit too slow imo, also damage is weaker than it’s rifle counterpart. Yet it’s decent enough in good hands.
Underwater fights used to be horrible, since this patch actually seemed to do something to those, then I’m bit more happier.

Meh, I’m not too worried over new rarity tier either, since I always had feeling there should be 1 or 2 more, but they just didn’t make them on time.
Mostly rage over those seems to come from WvW & PvP players, though getting new ones doesn’t usually take longer than few days with lvl 80 characters anyway.
Wealthy characters probably wont need to “wait” even that long.

Imo Anet is doing quite fine considering how new game this is, and lack of staff they seem to have atm. If we have these problems from year now and after couple expansions. Then it’s usually lost cause.

Agreed. But they still shouldn’t have made promises and didn’t deliver on them.

Give Anet a Chance

Azel.4786

I hear you and I agree. I think what Anet need to make a public state by a figure head like Colin and say something like, “Look we made a mistake in promising things that weren’t ready to be implanted in this patch, and we apologise to our entire player base.” Something on those lines, explain where they made the mistakes, why, and what they are going to do to fix it. Right now Anets greatest concern should be PR control and fixing the mess they created.

Yes, I think that would be extremely helpful, however they need to truly ponder on those words and how they will move forward – this seems to be a very delicate case as I’m starting to think not just a few professions are mad at ANET right now.

As it current stands, at first I thought some fixes needed to come quickly, but I am not sure right now on that. Perhaps a solid communication (not just empty promises and generic management wording – such as “we are planning big things”, but with actual ideas and concepts) should come first with a small deadline to show the commitment to move in the right direction. This can be done with a hand picked few of these ideas so that they can be thoroughly worked on in a short amount of time.

Afterwards, I think the community might feel more comfortable with longer deadlines, provided communication is handled with care.

Give Anet a Chance

Posted by: Leablo.2651

Leablo.2651

We can’t compare a game with its sequel? Seriously, are you from the planet Fanboy IV in the Apologist system?

Give Anet a Chance

Posted by: Maethril.9586

Maethril.9586

-snips-

Agreed. But they still shouldn’t have made promises and didn’t deliver on them.

Yeah I agree with you, but what I have learned in my life from bigger companies, its left hand doesn’t know what right hand does. So I don’t believe anything before I see the patch log, till then it’s just dreams from distant future.

Lvl 80 Warrior – Ranger – Thief – Elementalist – Mesmer – Guardian.
Switched Anet to Square E and haven’t regretted it even once.

Give Anet a Chance

Posted by: kaffaljidhma.1496

kaffaljidhma.1496

We can’t compare a game with its sequel? Seriously, are you from the planet Fanboy IV in the Apologist system?

WoW obviously has inferior zerg micro to Warcraft 3

Give Anet a Chance

Amulrei.4973

Afterwards, I think the community might feel more comfortable with longer deadlines, provided communication is handled with care.

Indeed. It is almost like the developers and PR department are having a competition to see which one of them can cause the most problems.

Give Anet a Chance

Posted by: Synitare.3176

Synitare.3176

They had their chance. They don’t deserve another.

Give Anet a Chance

Posted by: Tyr.1965

Tyr.1965

That would be comparing an RPG to an RTS. Apples and oranges. People compare GW2 to GW1 because they’re both RPG’s.

Give Anet a Chance

Posted by: Nurse.1085

Nurse.1085

Good read. I must admit, I was raging pretty hard about the lack-of-Ranger changes. I joked around a few days earlier saying “Hah! I bet it’s mostly typo/spell check fixes and a few for spirits/signets” – It turned out worse than what I expected, honestly.

Now that I’ve calmed down, I feel nothing but pity for Anet. I’m sure they’re filled with frustration and regret. I don’t think anyone’s having a good day at the office today.

I hope they redeem themselves with the content in the new dungeon and zone.

Give Anet a Chance

Posted by: Sirge.8934

Sirge.8934

I know I wouldn’t want to do PR on this. This community makes me sad. It’s been nearly a week now of constant hate and RAEGEEGE!!!11oneoe1 at Anet on these forums.
And how can they reply? Anything they say will be broken down, needlepicked, turned against them, and then saved to file to use as evidence against them 5 months down the line. So its better for them to say nothing at all.

Yes, there are parts of this patch that aren’t needed (looking at you, Ascended). And there are parts of the profession mods that don’t make sense either (I was not aware that Warrior was the class in need of the most help).
But its not like these guys are sitting in their office, stroking their chinbeards, and muttering quietly to one another, “How do we best screw over those gamers so that we get the most cash?”
I agree with OP. They need a chance. Show me an MMO that doesn’t have a rocky start.

(edited by Sirge.8934)

Give Anet a Chance

Posted by: Greyfeld.7104

Greyfeld.7104

I know I wouldn’t want to do PR on this. This community makes me sad. It’s been nearly a week now of constant hate and RAEGEEGE!!!11oneoe1 at Anet on these forums.
And how can they reply? Anything they say will be broken down, needlepicked, turned against them, and then saved to file to use as evidence against them 5 months down the line. So its better for them to say nothing at all.

Yes, there are parts of this patch that aren’t needed (looking at you, Ascended). And there are parts of the profession mods that don’t make sense either (I was not aware that Warrior was the class in need of the most help).
But its not like these guys are sitting in their office, stroking their chinbeards, and muttering quietly to one another, “How do we best screw over those gamers so that we get the most cash?”
I agree with OP. They need a chance. Show me an MMO that doesn’t have a rocky start.

Screwing everybody due to incompetence isn’t any better than screwing them on purpose.

Give Anet a Chance

Posted by: kaffaljidhma.1496

kaffaljidhma.1496

That would be comparing an RPG to an RTS. Apples and oranges. People compare GW2 to GW1 because they’re both RPG’s.

I’d say GW2 has a lot more in common with WoW than GW1. GW1 was very similar to action turn based RPGs – terrain and movement didn’t matter as much as activating your interrupts at the right time and theorycrafting skill bars. GW2 takes three dimensional space into account and makes what goes on above the bottom 1/8 of the screen (depending on your HUD settings) more important. It’s a substantial change and obviously some things that work for GW1 won’t work for GW2 because even though they’re both RPGs, the mechanics engine is entirely different. It’s like comparing Final Fantasy to Kingdom Hearts, even though they were both made by Square (Enix).

Give Anet a Chance

Posted by: Cross.4703

Cross.4703

Not anything that they say. Just anything that they say that isn’t accompanied by doing something about it.

Give Anet a Chance

Synitare.3176

Yeah, that’s pretty much the price you pay when you lie to your customers, go back on your promises and essentially betray the very core of your game, then you sit there in utter silence. Saying something and having it mauled by the angry mob is better than saying nothing and being mauled by the angry mob anyway, in addition to having people claim that your silence is essentially confirmation of all their issues.

Give Anet a Chance

Posted by: nofo.8469

nofo.8469

Not sure if you guys are aware, but infusions will be giving stats.

It’s the new direction of the game, if you don’t like it, don’t show your support.

If you aren’t after progression style content this isn’t the game for you basically.

People have a right to be pissed, but take it for what it is, I’m sure you got your moneys worth from the game.

Give Anet a Chance

Eleazyair.5716

I have a feeling that Anet will lose a chunk of their player base from their mess up.

Give Anet a Chance

Posted by: ExpiredLifetime.1083

ExpiredLifetime.1083

Not sure if you guys are aware, but infusions will be giving stats.

It’s the new direction of the game, if you don’t like it, don’t show your support.

If you aren’t after progression style content this isn’t the game for you basically.

People have a right to be pissed, but take it for what it is, I’m sure you got your moneys worth from the game.

And this is why developers are now able to routinely get away with these sorts of things. The “Oh well, I got my money’s worth” mindset.

Give Anet a Chance

Synitare.3176

I have a feeling that Anet will lose a chunk of their player base from their mess up.

They already have. I’m assuming that the “refer a friend” happening on the same weekend that they alienated half their player base by betraying their “manifesto” is no coincidence. Kinda feels like they’re pushing us out and hoping to steal some of WoW’s cake in one fell swoop.