Give a copper Value to Ascended mats

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Rizalee.4593

Rizalee.4593

Please Please PLEASE for the love of the six gods and all things Holy..

Please put a small copper value on Dragonite Ore, Bloodstone Dust, and Empyreal fragments!!

These things drop at such an insane rate, that, even after crafting 140 Bloodstone Bricks, 90 Dragonite Ingots, and 40 Empyreal stars, I have 1,000 of each material in my Collection tabs.. I am SURE that I am not the only person who wishes that I could at LEAST vendor these mats to a Merchant.. Even if it was ONLY for like 7 copper per item..

7 Copper.. is not that much, its only 17s50c per STACK!

~ Rizalee – Human Mesmer ~
~ Rizzae – Asura Guardian ~
Tarnished Coast Server

Posted by: Lankybrit.4598

Lankybrit.4598

I agree. Totally.

My Life in Tyria: http://lankygw2blog.blogspot.com/
Updated every Monday

Posted by: Asgaeroth.6427

Asgaeroth.6427

I’m on board with this one. This junk drops everywhere from everything. It becomes irrelevant way too fast.

Posted by: Pleurodesed.7625

Pleurodesed.7625

It doesn’t have a copper value because not even vendors want it!

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Why would they add another gold faucet to the game?

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Posted by: Xiahou Mao.9701

Xiahou Mao.9701

The Ascended materials exist to take coin out of the game, not to inject coin into it. For each of those 140 Bloodstone Bricks you’ve created, you’ve spent 16 silver on the vendor item needed to forge them.

Being able to turn them into coins goes against what they were created for. It will never happen.

Lankybrit.4598

Why would they add another gold faucet to the game?

Because they’ve taken so many away recently, perhaps?

Updated every Monday

Posted by: Relshdan.6854

Relshdan.6854

The Ascended materials exist to take coin out of the game, not to inject coin into it. For each of those 140 Bloodstone Bricks you’ve created, you’ve spent 16 silver on the vendor item needed to forge them.

Being able to turn them into coins goes against what they were created for. It will never happen.

this.
just dump them when you don’t need them anymore.

Chaos Organ (Ele), Pistol Opera (Thief), Modular Man (Eng)
MARA (EU) Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: Woljnir.7810

Woljnir.7810

It’s even more useless for people who don’t craft.

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

I can’t understand why they would add to the game a material you can’t sell else than Anet wanting you to buy extra bank space.

Posted by: SlothBear.9846

SlothBear.9846

Yeah, it’s trash made to fill up your bank and get you to spend money and karma to covert them. Throw it out.

I just wish they’d remove the quality from it so my character didn’t get all excited from picking up junk, and it didn’t show as a chest when its just garbage.

Posted by: Recalibar.6482

Recalibar.6482

Why don’t they just add it to your wallet? That system makes the most sense to me. It’s there when you need it, but not cluttering your inventory when you don’t.

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

I never have enough from that stuff since i don’t do dungeons, and the amount in champ-bags was already nerfed because of all the crying here.

But i wouldn’t be against it when ANet gives you exactly 1c per Bloodstone just to end these threads and before they decrease the amount in bags even more.

If they ever do that again i swear i start a thread that Dragonite should be nerfed since i always have more Dragonite than Bloodstone.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: Nightingale.9714

Nightingale.9714

I’d like ascended mats to just become tradable. Give them to people who actually WANT them.

Posted by: zaw.6741

zaw.6741

id say…let us sell em for karma. they replaced karma in dungeons, right?and for dungeon runners getting karma for legendary is mission impossible now

Posted by: Azrael.4960

Azrael.4960

id say…let us sell em for karma. they replaced karma in dungeons, right?and for dungeon runners getting karma for legendary is mission impossible now

EOTM is your karma train. Pop some food and consumables and off you go.

As for bloodstone dust, I’ve thrown away at least 10k worth of the stuff. Ascended crafting is so slow (for me anyway) that even at the rate of collection, I’ve got about 50 odd bricks of each type and you only use 5 of each type for any given ascended. As it is now, I just make 2 when there are enough in the mats storage which keeps my main bank slots free.

Dragonite and Empyreal come in at a slower rate than bloodstone for me so I easily keep ahead of those.

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

Repeat thread. there’s already one in the BLTC subforum. And on the first page no less I believe.

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

i never craft ascended stuff because i don’t see that as a way to enjoy the game, it’s an extra for the ones who do but there are plenty of ppl who simply want to sell the mats.
getting gold in a casual way is hard enough, now with Anet’s policy to make even more gold sink it’s only getting harder.

let us sell the mats, ppl who want it don’t sell it anyway and the ones who don’t simply don’t care.

Posted by: Saylu.8271

Saylu.8271

Just destroy them. They are fairly useless except for crafting ascended gear even then you don’t need much for them. The other use for them is to level your crafting.

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

Why don’t they just add it to your wallet? That system makes the most sense to me. It’s there when you need it, but not cluttering your inventory when you don’t.

Anet wants you to spend money.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

Posted by: WasAGuest.4973

WasAGuest.4973

I must be doing something wrong. I’m having a hard time getting this stuff to drop. Any advice?

PS. I entered the thread in hopes of being able to maybe buy some of this stuff. heh

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Blood dust has a value to it you just have to craft consumables to get that value. It would be nice to see them add in more craft able consumables that use the other mats.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Posted by: Azrael.4960

Azrael.4960

I must be doing something wrong. I’m having a hard time getting this stuff to drop. Any advice?

PS. I entered the thread in hopes of being able to maybe buy some of this stuff. heh

Bloodstone dust drops in some events, bags, chests in PVE
Dragonite is very common in wvw when you cap towers and keeps.
Empyreal drops from some champions, wvw and also fractals

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

Delete them. Forget about them. Once you do that the game works fine. There are no problems with a high value commodity being worthless to some people. It’s only a problem if people decide to see it as a problem.

Having said that, bloodstone dust is still in such abundant supply, even after one fix to the drop rate, that it’s an embarrassment to the game economy. It should be removed entirely since the dragonite and empyreal are providing the necessary time and gold sinks already.

Lankybrit.4598

Champion Trains, World Bosses.

Updated every Monday

Posted by: eleshazar.6902

eleshazar.6902

Yeah I’ve probably destroyed over 100 stacks of each mat. And I still have ~50 of each in refined version. They are a waste of space, and I wish there was a checkmark somewhere to tell the system to automatically destroy any that drop for me.

All professions level 80| Champion Paragon, Phantom, Genius
Phoenix Ascendant [ASH] | Rank 80

Posted by: SlothBear.9846

SlothBear.9846

I’d like ascended mats to just become tradable. Give them to people who actually WANT them.

I don’t think they want anyone to see that ascended stuff is more common than t1. It would have a value of vendor price +1 on the trading post within a few hours of being tradeable.

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Yeah, I have no intention of making ascended armor (or anymore ascended weapons). I keep about four stacks of each of the three mats in my bank. I delete the rest, except when I occasionally make toxic focusing crystals (since that uses the bloodstone dust). I’ve lost count of how many stacks of the stuff I’ve deleted.