Give me ideas what to do :(.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: SaltyDave.7346

SaltyDave.7346

So I’ve played the game for quite a while now (since day1), and I feel like I have nothing left to do, at least nothing I like.

What I did already:
*Collected and perfected all the skins I wanted
*Completed the personal story, twice.
*Obviously reached 80, got my full set of ascended accessories and berserker item set (exotic).
*Reached 100% world completition.
*Defeated all world bosses several times
*Reached the highest reasonable achievement chest without grindind dailies ~5500-ish if I remember well, haven’t played for a while now.
*Reached 80 with all other classes I’m interested in and got the gear for them (Thief main, Guardian / Ranger alts). Including perfecting the imagined looks aswell.
*Except a few, all jumping puzzles are completed, along with visiting the secret areas.
*Completed the dungeons I was interested in. Those I don’t even like is definitly not something I’d like to spend my time with.

What I’m not interested in:
*Brainless grinding for ascended gear crafting. Already wasted tons of gold to reach 500 just to realize I’ll need a recipe that costs another 50-60g. PER ITEM. I’m happy to have this ~120 gold I have now.
*Same goes for everything that counts as brainless farm, including money making, legendary crafting.
*PvP is simply not for me. I’m interested in PvE only.
*WvW. Tried to get involved so many times, so much, I can’t help it but I hate it.

Feels like the game has nothing left to offer (curse you wasted year of Living World bs!). I’d like to play, just to be there in the world and everything, but there is nothing left.

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Find some people to hang out with?

Take a break and do something else? Cause it sure as heck sounds like you’re suffering from some extreme burn out

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: SaltyDave.7346

SaltyDave.7346

I did, but that was a long ago. I just can’t find a reason to come back. Yeah I have a guild and I keep in touch with them on facebook, but I’m not going to spend precious time doing content I’ve done far more than enough times. That’s something I like in Diablo, and hate in games that should be the very opposite.

Posted by: DigitalKirin.9714

DigitalKirin.9714

Finish the rest of your jumping puzzles.
Solo Lupicus.
A legendary weapon for each of your characters.
FotM 50 if you aren’t there yet.
Make the most amazing screenshots of all your characters.

Genevieve Talbot [NP] – Noble Phantasm on Stormbluff Isle

Posted by: Laserhog.5049

Laserhog.5049

Sounds like you’ve basically barred yourself from two thirds of the game.

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

What I’m not interested in:
*Brainless grinding for ascended gear crafting.
*legendary crafting.
*I’m interested in PvE only.
(curse you wasted year of Living World bs!)

Well … from this I see that GW2 is not really the game for you now, look for another game and come back after a while to check the new updates and hopefully new PvE content will be available.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

Have you done any of the mini-dungeons?

Also, I found that simply switching the UI and all of the map icons off and just wandering around, doing events as they came, was quite nice. The goal was simply to immerse myself in the world, not worrying about gold or whathavenot.

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

There’s not much you can do if parts of the game don’t interest you.
- I’m sitting on 10K achievement points because I actually enjoyed the living story, but if it’s not for you, it’s not for you
- got involved in my world’s WvW quite a lot. My world is simply sinking, so I dropped the PVE even though I’m normally a PVE only person, but if you don’t find it interesting then you don’t.

Did you try climbing fractals? I enjoy doing that. Especially having in mind that a lot of old living story dungeons became fractals.
After April 15th, would you be interested in revisiting areas of the game to unlock the extra 40 traits that every single class will get? Because that’s something to do.
Other than that wait for Living Story season 2 and see if it adds anything permanent that you enjoy. In other words take a break from the game. This is a casual MMO, it’s made to make sure that people don’t have to play every single day.

(edited by Mirta.5029)

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

I completed most PvE stuff I wanted to do. Pretty much all you already said, but I have 11k achivements pts. Already 3 legendary, 8 character to level 80, the story completed twice, world completion twices (at third at 60%), dungeon master, all crafting max, etc.

I still have stuff to do in PvE, but that’s completing more costly skin like Frostfang and Foefire’s Essence for my Warrior. I do dungeon and fractals with my friend and guild mission (or other guild activities) each week. But other than that, PvE is pretty much completed for me. I pretty much into WvW right now and like to do sPvP from time to time, especially 1vs1. Without that, I would have quit the game a couple months ago.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Posted by: Lankybrit.4598

Lankybrit.4598

Nice one Dave. Looks like you’ve pretty much beaten the game. However, there are still Legendaries to get, right? Also, have you played all races? If you haven’t, play the ones you haven’t for the different Personal Story take on things.

My Life in Tyria: http://lankygw2blog.blogspot.com/
Updated every Monday

Posted by: eisberg.2379

eisberg.2379

I say take a break. My self I play for a few months, then I end up taking a break for a few months, and then repeat. Works for me.

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

You completed the game. Congratulations.

Posted by: Hannelore.8153

Hannelore.8153

Just a note: Completing the personal story twice is not enough to see it from every race’s perspective, although you only have to do it until the Battle of Claw Island. For example, it dramatically changes for Sylvari, who meet Traherane ahead of time. And alot of the characters who you meet or die later come from other races stories and it all makes alot more sense than it does intially.

Daisuki [SUKI] LGBT-Friendly Guild Leader | NA – Jade Quarry
I’m usually really sweet… but this an internet forum and you know how it has to be.
/i’m a lesbiab… lesbiam… less bien… GIRLS/

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Soon you can collect all the skins in the wardrobe if you want

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Posted by: Sandpit.3467

Sandpit.3467

Play another game, come back in a couple of months and see if they added anything worth doing. Don’t expect anything though.

Posted by: Lightlord.4752

Lightlord.4752

Well here is the thing with Free 2 Play ^^

Come back after the feature patch on the 15th. Do your thing on getting your toons in shape skill wise and cosmetically. See how the newer content relates to you at a personal level.

If needed take a break again, eat some, cupcakes, cookies and icecream or whatever you desire.

Catch up on your movies, TV shows and eat some gummi bears.

Since there is no cost in taking a break and picking back up where you left off.

I took a break for about 8 months or so and once I get map completion done, I might just take another break. Im in no major hurry on map completion.

Ok most of my toons are human, so thats why the human food. If you play asuran eat some McGears, Charr.. eat anything that moves or doesnt after you stomp it, I imagine it might be weird if your a vegan playing a Syl..since it might feel funny eatting a salad and its actually your hair.

Ok time to go grocery shopping, they say never grocery shopping hungry. I guess it time to prove them right ^^

Posted by: Ashabhi.1365

Ashabhi.1365

Throw a party
See how far you can get with a character in drops/merchant armor only
Become the #1 Keg Brawler
Hold contests for your guildies
Buy the instruments and put together a minstrel band

The thing is that there can be a lot to do that has absolutely nothing to do with gaining uber gear or grinding AP. The key to it all is how much you let your imagination run wild.

If you literally can’t think of another thing to do, then take a break. Go play another game for a while, if you like. Or, better yet, there is an MMO out there with a lifetime worth of experiences called “Outside in the Real World.” Sometimes getting away from the computer is good for you.

In the meantime, good luck to you!

Level 80 Elementalist

Posted by: Narsil.6579

Narsil.6579

1v1 me bro, you can start practicing now and we can fight in 100 days, I mainly WvW , and am a mesmer, so… I keed.. maybe not xD

[HP/MM]Mesmer / Warrior
Borlis Noob / FergPug
Scout Sailor Moon

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

Get a job or go to school. Then find another game to play because gw2 is a dress up game that is all there is to it

Posted by: Kurrilino.2706

Kurrilino.2706

1v1 me bro, you can start practicing now and we can fight in 100 days, I mainly WvW , and am a mesmer, so… I keed.. maybe not xD

Oh yeah,
this will work incredible good with someone who said “i absolutely refuse PvP”

Posted by: Stephen McBeaven.5640

Stephen McBeaven.5640

I don’t think you’re alone with this way of thinking, but I really can’t understand why you or anyone else thinks this way. Simply move on to another game! For me, there are so many games I want to play, old games and new, and I don’t have even close to enough time to scratch the surface. If I ever get to the point that I feel like GW2 has nothing left for me, I’d leave in a heartbeat! The problem with MMOs for someone like me is that there is so MUCH to do in the game that they take significantly longer than normal games to feel like you’re done with them, which drastically cuts into my time for other games. You actually feel like you have EXTRA time on your hands and not enough game?? Luxury! Get the hell out of here!

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Well here is the thing with Free 2 Play ^^

Buy 2 Play*

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors