Give us a prestigeous PVE armor too

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: IceVyper.6810

IceVyper.6810

After reading the news about the new exclusive PVP armors, I cannot stop myself from wishing for a similar PVE counterpart. As it is now, the only prestige armor set in game, will be available for the 10-20 people that happen to win elite tournaments….

While I agree that top PVP players should get a special reward for their effords, I strongly believe that there should be a correspondant set for the people that prefer PVE.

I wish Anet would introduce an equally prestegius armor set, that could be craftable through PVE rewards and activities. I wouldn’t even mind paying 100 pristine relics per piece.

Before people start complaining that everything in PVE is easy so nothing will ever be prestigious: we have been lacking any kind of hard to obtain armor set, so now is the time to give us one of those. I am sure plenty of people will enjoy working towards one of those.

Posted by: Azrael.4960

Azrael.4960

Anet would have to introduce something suitably challenging to be worthy of its own set of armour.

In GW1, there were the Fissure of Woe armour and Obsidian sets for people who tackled the high end dungeons and even then it took some doing. Arah is the nearest thing to that level of dungeon (which is being generous since FoW and the Underworld were substantially harder).

Rewards should come with rewarding content

Posted by: Asyntyche.4827

Asyntyche.4827

What’s wrong with the dungeon armor sets?

IceVyper.6810

There is nothing prestigious about the dungeon armor sets. They have been around for 2 years now and anyone can get them after a week of dungeon runs.

What armors do we have in PVE now?

*easy to obtain dungeon armor sets.
*even easier to obtain karma sets.
*gemstore skins
*named sets from the TP that sell for 1 gold a piece
*the ascended armor sets – they are a hassle to craft but there is nothing prestigious about them

We need legendary armors or something equally as fun and hard to make.

Posted by: Berelious.3290

Berelious.3290

There are plenty of PvE exclusive armor skins, it’s just that people don’t bother to go looking for them. I’m sorry, but PvP can have their new exclusive skins. I’m glad they have them, and I’ll congratulate anybody who puts the work into getting them. I won’t be one of them, I hate PvP. Good luck with those new skins!

Corwin Grimjaw: Guardian (80)
Yak’s Bend Server
Crimethink [ct]

Posted by: Azrael.4960

Azrael.4960

There are plenty of PvE exclusive armor skins, it’s just that people don’t bother to go looking for them. I’m sorry, but PvP can have their new exclusive skins. I’m glad they have them, and I’ll congratulate anybody who puts the work into getting them. I won’t be one of them, I hate PvP. Good luck with those new skins!

One of my guild mates has earned the Fashion title…the nutter..

IceVyper.6810

There isn’t a single PVE armor skin that can be considered special nor exclusive.

I am not saying that PVP people should not have a special set! I am merely asking for a special PVE set. After all, this is the game mode that most people are playing. Seems like a huge waste of resourses to please 10-20 people that will ever get to obtain that specially designed exclusive skin.

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Isn’t something like this already available?

Ascended Armor sets.
They are “craftable through PVE rewards and activities” and have unique skins.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

IceVyper.6810

Ascended Armor sets.

As I said before, there is nothing special about the Ascended Armors. They only require time to be crafted, nothing else. On top of that, most people were hugely displeased with their aesthetics and instantly reskinned them.

Posted by: VOLTCIEAGE.3029

VOLTCIEAGE.3029

2 years of pure pve development it was fine for pvers , 1 update for pvp . Whining,rolling on the floor with tears in eyes it is just pathetic . YES you wont be able to obtain every armor for just standing on world boss spaming 111111 it is so sad . Anet pls give pvpers options to show off :unique armor,visible ranks outside pvp(www).

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

After reading the news about the new exclusive PVP armors, I cannot stop myself from wishing for a similar PVE counterpart. As it is now, the only prestige armor set in game, will be available for the 10-20 people that happen to win elite tournaments….

While I agree that top PVP players should get a special reward for their effords, I strongly believe that there should be a correspondant set for the people that prefer PVE.

I wish Anet would introduce an equally prestegius armor set, that could be craftable through PVE rewards and activities. I wouldn’t even mind paying 100 pristine relics per piece.

Before people start complaining that everything in PVE is easy so nothing will ever be prestigious: we have been lacking any kind of hard to obtain armor set, so now is the time to give us one of those. I am sure plenty of people will enjoy working towards one of those.

Wurm armor says hello: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Wurmslayer's_armor

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

As I said before, there is nothing special about the Ascended Armors. They only require time to be crafted, nothing else. On top of that, most people were hugely displeased with their aesthetics and instantly reskinned them.

But it does require exactly what you wanted the PvE exclusive set to require. As stated in your original post:

The Ascended Armor sets require either getting lucky and getting chests from specific content.
Or being crafted, which require doing multiple types of specific content.

They exist even if you don’t like them.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

IceVyper.6810

For as long as the only prestige armor is obtainable through one game mode, via a tournament and limited to a handfull of people, we are going to require similar armor options throught PVE and WVW.

I remind you that Guild Wars 2 is mostly a PVE game, so pleasing those players should be a priority.

IceVyper.6810

But it does require exactly what you wanted the PvE exclusive set to require. As stated in your original post:

The Ascended Armor sets require either getting lucky and getting chests from specific content.
Or being crafted, which require doing multiple types of specific content.

They exist even if you don’t like them.

This was merely a suggestion from my part. Basically, if I say:

*let the new armor come from a really hard new dungeon, people will isntantly say that no dungeon will ever be hard enough, blah blah blah. And I will keep getting references to old GW1 dungeons that are completely irrelevant to this game.

*if I mention a scanvenger hunt, like the one for the new backpiece, I will instantly get the replies about spamming 11111 on world bosses.

*my crafting suggestion brought the ascended armor replies.

*and then, of course, there is the crazy grinding part. But for something harder to obtain, instead of geodes. That’s why I suggested the pristine fractal relics.

What we basically need is legendary armor.

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

Legendary armor WILL come. That’s why I’ve been hoarding lv 80 Exotic armors for the possible new Precursor armors that I might have to MF.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

Welcome to PvE in GW2. To get something you either need time, cash or luck.
Skill ? If all you needed was skill, people would kitten about how not unique they are when hundreds of others manage to get “their” item.

And with Anet, those 2 new sets might not even come with light/medium/heavy sets. And from the looks of those sets, I don’t even care if I can’t get them.

Posted by: Zackie.8923

Zackie.8923

i don’t get the pvp pve split stuff.

it’s like people who pvp are not playing guild wars 2 in the eyes of the pve people

RedStar.4218

i don’t get the pvp pve split stuff.

it’s like people who pvp are not playing guild wars 2 in the eyes of the pve people

There isn’t 2 sides. It’s simply that in this game, like in a lot of things there are people who hate :
-WvW
-EotM
-PvP
-World bosses
-Crafting
-Jumping Puzzles
-Dungeons
-Fractals
-Dungeons and fractals
-Everything PvE related
-Everything where you can get killed by another player

So every time Anet “makes” them play something they hate in order to get an exclusive reward, they are going to come to the forum and complain.

Anet is going overkill with an exclusive tournament set, but meh the pvp side has not been given really a kitten for so long that it’s time they really got something.

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

Penguin listed the only “armor set” that is pve exclusive afaik. And it’s not a full set.

I would also love to see a fractal armor set, acquirable only in fractals (not as a pvp reward track!) And have it have obscene requirements so that it feels like a journey. I’d also like to see a similar one tied to wvw. But again… a FULL armor set. Not just gloves shoulders and boots.

Ascended gear boxes are gotten through pvp rewards so that doesn’t exactly count. But the wurm armor, while on the right track, is not exactly what I think we all have in mind when we think of exclusive prestige armor, because getting it is such awful RNG.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Penguin listed the only “armor set” that is pve exclusive afaik. And it’s not a full set.

I would also love to see a fractal armor set, acquirable only in fractals (not as a pvp reward track!) And have it have obscene requirements so that it feels like a journey. I’d also like to see a similar one tied to wvw. But again… a FULL armor set. Not just gloves shoulders and boots.

Ascended gear boxes are gotten through pvp rewards so that doesn’t exactly count. But the wurm armor, while on the right track, is not exactly what I think we all have in mind when we think of exclusive prestige armor, because getting it is such awful RNG.

I think a fractal armor set (maybe having similar looks as its weapons) would be a good idea.

I also agree that wvw needs a couple more ‘exclusive’ sets as well. Something to work towards, to make badges worthwhile, etc.

I don’t disagree with the OP though, pve would need its own ‘exclusive’ set as well. That could come in the form of legendary armor, the return of FoW armor, harder world bosses getting a full set of droppable armor (like wurm slayer, but being a complete set, which anet could still do), etc.

Then each mode, or major game play component, would offer something “worth chasing.” (Theoretically) Just as we once desired to chase FoW armor, or Vabbian armor, etc.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Ragion.2831

Ragion.2831

This is largely dungeon armour, if you want an exclusive looking set, make yours

Attachments:

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

This is largely dungeon armour, if you want an exclusive looking set, make yours

Dungeon armor can be received through pvp reward tracks so dungeon armor is not exclusive.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Posted by: Ragion.2831

Ragion.2831

This other one doesnt need other modes. There are so many combinations you can do that making an entire prestigious set means nothing unless it has a skill or really noticeable particle effect to it, even then other players can combine stuff to make it look inferior. Exhibit B

Attachments:

Posted by: Frostfang.5109

Frostfang.5109

I agree with OP. Make it look good on all races (nu clipping and such)… If it suits charr and is not a coat for medium i might just get it!

Kima & Co

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

God, these childish threads T.T about exlusiveness these days…

PvE needs no exclusive rewards
PvP needs no exklusive rewards
WvW needs no exlusive rewards

All modes should offer the same rewards, just with different ways of how to obtain them, which are for each different Playstyle different balanced.

And if this shouldnt be whyever possible, then each mode should offer somehow ways how to obtain these skins, so that just simply everyone can play the game HOW THEY WANT, without being forced to play something, that they don’t like just to earn some weapon/armor skins in a game, where fashion is currently everything in this game to come up with a unique character individualization for everyone.

People cry out lout here like little babies who have been stolen their precious lollies..
Come on, is it for real ??

These new PvP Armors, let PvP’ers earn it through that new PvP Reward Track and through winning their PvP Competitions in those Tournaments.
A PvE player would then earn these armors through a long and hard scavenger hunt instead, what would take longer, for the price of having it earned in the way how you as a PvE player would like it to play the game, what doesn’t mean that in that scavenger hunt can’t be also integrated something little bit PvP related disguised as a new ACTIVITY.

A WvW Player could earn these new Armors through Tournament Tickets, currently we have there only the mistforged weapons and mistforged hero weapons, that are currently WvW only rewards too.
Are PvPers crying for that here now too ?? did yousee any PvPer come up instantly and QQ the house full, because they can’t get those weapons sets through PvP currently???

No, it didn’t happen. But it doesn’t mean that Anet couldnt add in future also some kind of Hero of the Mist PvP Reward Track, so that PvP’ers can earn these skins also through PvP and give on the other side for PvE as new explorable Elite Location – the Underworld, which lies in the Mists there those weapon set skins as rare loot rewards from the various champions/ world boss that you might find there then, so that PvE’ers would get their their chance to earn these sets without having to participate in those WvW Tournaments for Tournament Tickets as rewards…

The point is, nothign of all this is set in stone for eternity, Anet can always come up later with changes and additions to the reward systems to allow the other players of other play modes to earn those things differently.
Exclusiveness isn’t a thing that must stay forever in all eternity.
Exclusiveness can also be temporary.

Look at many games on the console market, which get first announced as exlusive title and then some years later when the exlusiveness licence contract that has been made there runs out become later multi platform titles.
The same way it can be handled with exclusive rewards. First they are temporary exclusive for PvP and somewhen later, when Anet thinks, this and that was now long enough exclusive, they add new reward mechanisms in the other areas of the game through adding new content, like said example of the underworld, which would be a splendig great and simple way to add WvW mistforged weapons and hero weapons there as a way for PvE’ers to gain these things under a RNG scheme of a mechanism, while WvW’s would have with their Tournaments a direct based Token scheme for guaranteed rewards, but can therefore work on these rewards only, when a Tournament is actively running …

All just simple examples of what can be with what I just want to express – we don#t know, what Anets plans are for us in the future in regard of reward systems and all such stuff.
So it brings absolutely nothing to make a total outrage here now. It won’t lead into a sudden hotfix patch that changes things to how you’d like them to see that this new content gets instantly changed to be not PvP exclusive anymore directly.

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

(edited by Orpheal.8263)

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Wurm armor says hello: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Wurmslayer's_armor

just ugly reskin of ascended armor with green

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Orpheal…. have you visited the pvp or wvw forums lately? These is a lot of kittening in those forums about PvE being the ‘favored mode’ “PvE gets all the content”

There is nothing wrong with have some unique items to the various modes. As long as they are cosmetic and optional, they function as a means of enticing people to try something outside their comfort zone. Nothing wrong with that. However, it needs to be kept to a minimum.

For the most part, yes the vast majority of skins should be readily available to all no matter what mode they play – pvp, pve, wvw – and with the addition of the reward tracks, it seems like they might be working in that general direction, at least partially. Obviously wvw still needs some love in that regard, but they can’t do it all at once.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: kito.1827

kito.1827

you have more than enough pve exclusiv features.

if you are saying “nooo. butbut every pvp player can come to pve to earn it!” well, same counts for you.
hop over to pvp, complete reward track – earn armor.

stop whining

Karl Otik
no gutz no glory
“Tranquility has a beard.”

Posted by: data.4093

data.4093

http://thumbpress.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/cool-Pokemon-creator-quote1.jpg

Anet will do something like this.

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

PVE has unique items that can only be obtained in PVE.

[Weapons of the Sunless]
[WupWup Weapons]
[Every Legendary]

But the moment an armor skin gets put as an incentive for PVP, tables start flipping?

All the exclusivity was tipped in PVE’s favor before. There were many items in the PVE aspect that simply could not be gained in PVP, and of the ones that could be gained in PVP, a dedicated dungeon runner could do it faster.

Now there is a reason to play PVP, if only to aggravate people that won’t set foot in it at all.
’Cause actually having fun losing your way to armor apparently is still too hard to endure.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

You cannot have prestige from PvE gear because PvE gear is not about player skill but about character stats (i.e. it isn’t a competition with others, but a competition with math).

What passes for difficulty in PvE is just memorizing exactly what to do and when, something which watching a video once or twice can accomplish for you.

PvP actually separates good players from bad players which allows rewards to be exclusive and prestigious.

If you are playing a game for prestige, then you need to be playing PvP. If you are playing a game for fun, then you need to be playing whatever you find to be fun and not caring about what is going on in the areas that you don’t find fun.

Full Disclosure: I’m not a PvPer in RPGs.

Server: Devona’s Rest

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

You cannot have prestige from PvE gear because PvE gear is not about player skill but about character stats (i.e. it isn’t a competition with others, but a competition with math).

What passes for difficulty in PvE is just memorizing exactly what to do and when, something which watching a video once or twice can accomplish for you.

PvP actually separates good players from bad players which allows rewards to be exclusive and prestigious.

If you are playing a game for prestige, then you need to be playing PvP. If you are playing a game for fun, then you need to be playing whatever you find to be fun and not caring about what is going on in the areas that you don’t find fun.

I’d like to add that if he is attempting to play PVE for prestige, he should be working on [Eternity] and not worrying about some armor skin.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

Ascended Armor sets.

They’re craftable through PVP reward tracks too so they’re not “PVE exclusive”.

Edit: you can also get the mats from WvW.

(edited by Pifil.5193)

Posted by: Malchior.5042

Malchior.5042

Anet would have to introduce something suitably challenging to be worthy of its own set of armour.

In GW1, there were the Fissure of Woe armour and Obsidian sets for people who tackled the high end dungeons and even then it took some doing. Arah is the nearest thing to that level of dungeon (which is being generous since FoW and the Underworld were substantially harder).

This…100 times this!

The only way I see PvE getting an exclusive armor set that wouldn’t exist on any of the PvP loot tables or reward tracks is if some dangerous new dungeon or elite area is released in the future.

Malchior Devenholm | Proud member of Zealots of Shiverpeak [ZoS] | Northern Shiverpeaks

Posted by: DutchRiders.2871

DutchRiders.2871

For the longest time, the pve base was getting all good rewards and content updates. Currently Arenanet is bringing most game modes together in terms of rewards, however some more love for pvp is not unwarrented. PVP players have been stuck with the exact same content and zones for the longest time.

Now while I consider myself more of a pve player, I do not feel we need skins right now. However nice skins are always happily received.

Pifil.5193

I don’t see why that is necessarily the case. It’s important to note that you don’t have to be good at sPVP to earn the Glorious armour; you just have to play sPVP as it comes from a reward track.

Glorious Hero’s armour on the other hand you’ll have to not only be an excellent sPVPer but you’ll also have to be able to enter the right tournaments.

Posted by: Pink Porcupine.5461

Pink Porcupine.5461

“I want an exclusive PvE armor set.”

“It’s right here.”

“I don’t like how you get it.”

Posted by: Ulion.5476

Ulion.5476

If A-net make a dungeon where berserker is not the best set for it or a hard solo dungeon with bosses like lydia. Then I can see some type of exclusive PvE set from that. Exclusive set have to be challenging to get.

Most of the updates have been focused on pve with a large variety of long term goals and achievement. In Spvp there 2 long term goals getting top rank in tpvp or get the dragon finisher. In wvw the only long term goals which are possible is maxing wvw traits or getting the 250kills title. Unless you want to spend a decay killing yaks for the yakslapper title lol.

Ele – Tarnished Coast
“Quoth the raven nevermore”
Platinum Scout: 300% MF

IceVyper.6810

I agree completely about an armor set aquireable only from fractals.

Maybe some people consider the wurm armor special enough, but for me it is a horrible reskin of a horrible set to beguin with. Also it is tied to RNG. I want to be able to craft my armor in the Mystic Forge or collect tokens for it, not hoping that I randomly get it by daily repeating the same event with a chance of failure.

IceVyper.6810

PVE has unique items that can only be obtained in PVE.

[Weapons of the Sunless]
[WupWup Weapons]
[Every Legendary]

But the moment an armor skin gets put as an incentive for PVP, tables start flipping?

All the exclusivity was tipped in PVE’s favor before. There were many items in the PVE aspect that simply could not be gained in PVP, and of the ones that could be gained in PVP, a dedicated dungeon runner could do it faster.

Now there is a reason to play PVP, if only to aggravate people that won’t set foot in it at all.
’Cause actually having fun losing your way to armor apparently is still too hard to endure.

All unique items that you mention are weapons. We are discussing armors here. There are no special and hard to obtain armors in PVE that you can work towards to. The first time such a set is being introduced in the game, it is being reserved for 10-20 players that happen to win some tournament that noone cares about. It seems like an total waste of resourses.

People are farming like crazy right now, trying to get a silly backpiece that does not fit most of the races aesthetics. Imagine how much more they will play the game, if there actually was an awesome and elite armor set to work for.

RedStar.4218

There are no special and hard to obtain armors in PVE that you can work towards to.

Once again : Ascended armor. Yes, grinding for cash and mats is hard. The only difference with a legendary is that you don’t have to pray to the RNG god.

Too bad Anet completely messed up the design, but hey, if we go back through the thread, a good number of posters actually loved those sets.

IceVyper.6810

I’d like to add that if he is attempting to play PVE for prestige, he should be working on [Eternity] and not worrying about some armor skin.

She already has Eternity and many other legendaries and expensive weapons. Now that I am satisfied with the weapons on all my alts, I would like to have some really special armor. That is not too much to ask and I am sure that there are plenty of people would appreciate it too. I know several people crafting the Minstrel and other random not-so-special legendaries, because they want special items but nothing else is available.

IceVyper.6810

There are no special and hard to obtain armors in PVE that you can work towards to.

Once again : Ascended armor. Yes, grinding for cash and mats is hard. The only difference with a legendary is that you don’t have to pray to the RNG god.

Too bad Anet completely messed up the design, but hey, if we go back through the thread, a good number of posters actually loved those sets.

Ascended armor is not hard to obtain, it is just annoying. And there is absolutely nothing special about it. As a person with two full heavy sets, two full light sets and plenty of useless healer’s armor boxes in the bank, I would like to see a more special and meaningfull set.

You cannont expect people to be satisfied with the horrible heavy ascended armor, and at the same time release a really beautiful heavy set obtainable only via the external PVP tournaments.

Posted by: VOLTCIEAGE.3029

VOLTCIEAGE.3029

Dung armors were pve unique for almost 1,5 year . Bilions skins like dry tops masks,backs,gloves everything and they add 1 armor which cant be reached spaming 1111 on world bosses , thats the only way to seprate noobs from good people if there is some unique hardcore content it should has special reward, you cant get this ? wipe your tears and go on , you can always try to get this . www should be the most profitable game type because you have to spend time,effort,money and reward isnt guaranteed . If you cant understand it that some players who are better in something then you have better reward , go ask your parents maybe they will explain you that but stop whining on forum that cruel devs cheated you and you cant get something .

Pifil.5193

I think a fractal armor set (maybe having similar looks as its weapons) would be a good idea.

I also agree that wvw needs a couple more ‘exclusive’ sets as well. Something to work towards, to make badges worthwhile, etc.

I don’t disagree with the OP though, pve would need its own ‘exclusive’ set as well. That could come in the form of legendary armor, the return of FoW armor, harder world bosses getting a full set of droppable armor (like wurm slayer, but being a complete set, which anet could still do), etc.

Then each mode, or major game play component, would offer something “worth chasing.” (Theoretically) Just as we once desired to chase FoW armor, or Vabbian armor, etc.

This is a very reasonable position for this forum.

I don’t understand why people feel the need to turn this into another “us vs them” war, I play all modes (badly) and I don’t begrudge sPVP getting an exclusive set of armour but the “exclusive” PVE armour sets were the dungeon sets which were always accessible through sPVP. So them adding sPVP armour is a good first step but I think they really should add additional “prestige” sets for WvW, PVE and fractals. Which they may be planning on doing in the next few feature packs. (I’m still kinda hoping we’ll see a WvW exclusive set this feature pack though).

Posted by: SkiTz.4590

SkiTz.4590

She already has Eternity and many other legendaries and expensive weapons. Now that I am satisfied with the weapons on all my alts, I would like to have some really special armor. That is not too much to ask and I am sure that there are plenty of people would appreciate it too. I know several people crafting the Minstrel and other random not-so-special legendaries, because they want special items but nothing else is available.

LoL, almost every new armor skin anet has released has been exclusively PvE…
You think PvPers have ANY chance at all of getting those nice skins in gemstore (without paying real $$)?? At least PvErs , you farm gold/keys and get them and slowly aquire them… but for PvPers to get them? no chance unless they step outside the Mists and actually do PvE stuff, which mind, you is boring to most PvPers…

There isn’t something as prestigious as winning a competitive PvP tournament in the PvE side of this game yet… and there won’t be because
a) Casuals are the majority group in PvE
b) If difficult content is added to PvE and that is obviously where such prestigious armor skins would be locked behind, majority of the casual care bears would cry up a storm on these forums and directly to anet about how its too hard to get such prestigious armor.

If anet adds exclusive armor skins to PvE, thats great, I got nothing against it, I just don’t see how it will be implemented because gemstore skins are what actually brings money to anets pocket so most new skins for PvErs will always just come from gemstore..

RedStar.4218

Ascended armor is not hard to obtain, it is just annoying. And there is absolutely nothing special about it. As a person with two full heavy sets, two full light sets and plenty of useless healer’s armor boxes in the bank, I would like to see a more special and meaningfull set.

You cannont expect people to be satisfied with the horrible heavy ascended armor, and at the same time release a really beautiful heavy set obtainable only via the external PVP tournaments.

And how would you obtain that special and meaningful set ?
Complete every dungeon ?
Waste huge amount of cash ?
Extreme RNG ?

And ascended armor have been in the game for more than 8 months. During that time PvP didn’t get anything at all. Who knows, maybe Anet will release something for PvE.
Another ugly set bought from the gemstore probably.

And are we even sure that we’ve seen the Glorious hero armor ? The one the protoss sylvari is wearing could be the one you can obtain through the reward track.

IceVyper.6810

I don’t understand why people feel the need to turn this into another “us vs them” war, I play all modes (badly) and I don’t begrudge sPVP getting an exclusive set of armour but the “exclusive” PVE armour sets were the dungeon sets which were always accessible through sPVP. So them adding sPVP armour is a good first step but I think they really should add additional “prestige” sets for WvW, PVE and fractals. Which they may be planning on doing in the next few feature packs. (I’m still kinda hoping we’ll see a WvW exclusive set this feature pack though).

The difference is that the so-called exclusive dungeon skins were within anyone’s reach. Especially in the early days of the game, you could get a full dungeon set in a couple of days. Now, you need a week to do so.

The new exclusive pvp armor is accessible only to a handfull of players that get invited to a special tournament. And nobody is denying them their special reward. We are asking for something special for the people that play PVE.

IceVyper.6810

And how would you obtain that special and meaningful set ?
Complete every dungeon ?
Waste huge amount of cash ?
Extreme RNG ?

And ascended armor have been in the game for more than 8 months. During that time PvP didn’t get anything at all. Who knows, maybe Anet will release something for PvE.
Another ugly set bought from the gemstore probably.

And are we even sure that we’ve seen the Glorious hero armor ? The one the protoss sylvari is wearing could be the one you can obtain through the reward track.

It is up to Anet to decide how the set is being obtained. Most likely the same way as with legendary weapons. I do not care how it is done, as long as some special armor is introduced.

I saw the exclusive tournament heavy armor in one of the Ready Up episodes, they previewed it dyed in abyss and looked amazing. The sylvari on the photo has different dies on it.

Posted by: SkiTz.4590

SkiTz.4590

The difference is that the so-called exclusive dungeon skins were within anyone’s reach. Especially in the early days of the game, you could get a full dungeon set in a couple of days. Now, you need a week to do so.

The new exclusive pvp armor is accessible only to a handfull of players that get invited to a special tournament. And nobody is denying them their special reward. We are asking for something special for the people that play PVE.

You don’t get it do you…everything for the past couple years have been basically PvE exclusive….. You don’t NEED anymore special things, you just WANT them… PvP NEEDED this because anet is trying to inject some life into a somewhat dying community..This was logical decision by anet to add some new rewards to PvP..hopefully get some PvErs to give PvP a shot because there are rewards in PvP that MIGHT be worth working for…

You can’t say this about PvE… there’s plenty of rewards for being a PvEr… fractal skins, legendary, ascended, world boss skins, mini pets, much easier access to getting gemstore skins
Also, there is nothing prestigious in PvE…all the content is easy lol