Give us dual specializations

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Lacuda.8543

Lacuda.8543

Like the title says.
Dual spec is important for people who carry multiple sets of armor and like to change things on the fly. For example I have a tank Guardian who doubles as a Berserker Dragonhunter, or a Mesmer with 3 different sets of armor for 3 different builds.

It takes extremely long to change from one set and one build to the next, why don’t you guys just give us the ability to save builds and reload them?

Posted by: Zeivu.3615

Zeivu.3615

I can see it being possible for having two specs sets being saved like WoW, but I am not sure if they could directly link it to your inventory. Even if it is technically possible, would it be utilized by enough people to warrant such a feature? Ever since the MF armor change, I don’t know many people carry two sets with them.

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

A lot of my more active 80s carry one or two extra armour sets. I can and do easily live with the filled inventory but I could also live with a system outlined by the OP. Not going to cry if we never get one, though.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Posted by: Sphinx.8014

Sphinx.8014

I would definately love a second specialization slot as most of my chars have a second armor set for a different playstyle/gamemode. But I also think that there are currently more pressing things to be done in the game than this.

Tl;dr: Nice to have, but I think the resources are needed elsewhere atm.

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

WHY ARE WE YELLING?

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

Posted by: OtterPaws.2036

OtterPaws.2036

I can see it being possible for having two specs sets being saved like WoW, but I am not sure if they could directly link it to your inventory. Even if it is technically possible, would it be utilized by enough people to warrant such a feature? Ever since the MF armor change, I don’t know many people carry two sets with them.

I feel like Warrior, Necro, Engi, Ranger and maybe Mesmer would be carrying around multiple sets. I know I do on my Ranger, Warrior and Engi.

~Hart Warband~
Levi Ironhart, Cassandra Irehart, Lucio Trothart
Discord Gearhart, Naevius Soulhart, Frisk Softhart

Posted by: Keadron.9570

Keadron.9570

I have multiple sets for all my chars. Would love to have this option though I don’t see it happening

Posted by: Tekoneiric.6817

Tekoneiric.6817

I would love for all chars to have dual weapon sets. The eng in PvE could use it.

Posted by: Ticky.5831

Ticky.5831

I don’t really see a need for it.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

People have been asking for build saving/loading for ages. This is basically a subset. I haven’t really found a need for it except in fractals. Especially when doing a series of fractals where you could be rotating through a bunch of different setups.

Posted by: Lacuda.8543

Lacuda.8543

I don’t really see a need for it.

I just realized people were replying to this. There is definitely a need for it, many, many players carry multiple sets of armor and utilize multiple builds based on what they are encountering. Dual specializations would be amazing. In my guild alone several players use multiple sets on their toons. I use several on my mesmer, 2 on my guardian. It’s not detrimental either.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I thought this thread was requesting dual specializations (much like dual professions in GW1) rather than asking for a build template. Lots of threads on that topic.

Posted by: Vukorep.3081

Vukorep.3081

There has been other threads of giving us the ability to save specs/builds.