Give us spirit shards for leveling up again.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: BaldTurtle.7241

BaldTurtle.7241

Right now doing many parts of the game gain no rewards for earning experience points if you’re 80 and don’t have the expansion or if you’re out of mastery points/maxed out on masteries. I understand that you can receive them as drops from mob at level 80 but that’s just one part of the game. There’s map completion, gathering, reviving, events, crafting, dungeons, achievements, and personal story.

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

No .. its so much better that the exp bar now is blinking all the time when you
don’t have enough stupid mastery points to level anything else.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: DGraves.3720

DGraves.3720

I miss when you would get skill points for leveling up. I want a Chronomancer without playing in the jungle with a Mesmer. . . Because I am really bad at Mesmer.

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

I miss when you would get skill points for leveling up. I want a Chronomancer without playing in the jungle with a Mesmer. . . Because I am really bad at Mesmer.

That is not really a problem, you can get a total of 214 unused HP from Tyria, Silverwaste, Dry Top and WvW, as soon as you have gliding 2 and Nuuhloch tunnels achieved with a char you play better you can get the missing 40 points without fighting a single mob in the new area.

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

Posted by: DGraves.3720

DGraves.3720

That is not really a problem, you can get a total of 214 unused HP from Tyria, Silverwaste, Dry Top and WvW, as soon as you have gliding 2 and Nuuhloch tunnels achieved with a char you play better you can get the missing 40 points without fighting a single mob in the new area.

The length of time is more of a concern than the nature of availability though. You don’t earn skill points as you play anymore once you hit level 80 which was not the case before; if there wasn’t a conversion of skill points to spirit shards I would have easily had enough stored up to get the specialization on three characters day 1.

I guess for me, having been around then and thinking back on that, it just sort of sucks that instead of doing events (playing the game) I get to take a tour of sticking my hand in glowing lights.

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

if there wasn’t a conversion of skill points to spirit shards I would have easily had enough stored up to get the specialization on three characters day 1.

So: “Extension bought, login, spend saved points, Extension done” is what you want?
Yeah I said from the beginning, they should sell HPs for Gems for those that do not want to play.

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

Posted by: HeavenlyKnight.1538

HeavenlyKnight.1538

bring back spirit shards on level up that wasn’t necessary to take out

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

I agree with this. We should at least get either hero points or spirit shards for filling up the bar past 80 now.

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

I think the idea is that the reward for not having any masteries left to put xp in to is that you have all the masteries, and thus don’t need to worry about XP until the next set of masteries.

Also, they don’t want to encourage people to not buy HoT, so offering rewards for being 80 without it seems silly.

In stead, they should offer spirit shards for map completion and getting crafting to various ranks. There are already an adequate amount from pvp, dailies, and mob killing.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ