Giving Thanks

Giving Thanks

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Nightarch.2943

Nightarch.2943

I know I’ve trolled the forums here and there, mostly complaints obviously but I would like to take a moment to thank the devs who decided upon making the infinite gathering tools account-bound. On a somewhat unrelated note.. Thanks Giving also draws near and I would like to thank the devs for implementing the level scaling system during design, I cannot even begin to fathom on how important and ingenious, original, not to mention innovative to the mmorpg genre this system truly is.

Anyway, I made a post awhile back stating that I would give them my left nut if they ever made soul-bound tools account-bound — and they did, so…. whose that lucky dev that’ll be getting my stale walnut that I always keep to the left of me? More importantly, what are you thankful for in this game? Whether it is the mindless achievement grinds or the pointless additions to the living story, what are the things in Guild Wars 2 that make you moderately happy?

Attachments:

Guild Wars 2 is not a sequel to the original Guild Wars but merely an alternative story setting.

Giving Thanks

Posted by: havellian.4073

havellian.4073

I agree OP. most my posts are comprised of snarky/trollish comments largely voicing displeasure at many of Anets failings. This update gives an indication that Anet is actually listening, making skins directly purchasable and gathering tools acct bound is a step in the right direction. So many complaints about this in the past… it’s sad to see that when it’s actually time to give credit where credit due, the community is largely silent. There have been a couple threads but most are pushed to page 2 after little posts of appreciation.

General discussion really should be renamed “complaints forum”

(edited by havellian.4073)

Giving Thanks

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Anet has always listened….to some degree. But listening doesn’t have to mean obeying.

When Anet said that walking wouldn’t be included in the game, and that you could only run, the RP community complained and Anet launched the game with a walking animation. When they released character creation in beta without being able to choose eye color and Colin said they wouldn’t be able to put that in, people complained and Anet put it in.

The problem is, some ideas put forward aren’t good and some aren’t to everyone’s liking. If someone suggest something and they don’t listen to that specific idea, it’s very easy for someone to say that they don’t listen…but it’s demonstrably not true. Anet does listen.

As for what makes me happy about the game…it’s usually the little touches. I sort of like the whole Living World concept. I love the way Kessex looks right now and I loved the instance, short though it was, that led into the content. That’s the right way to do it. I got some fun, I got some loot, I got some story. That made me happy. I liked it enough to do it on a handful of categories.

Achievement point chests make me happy too. And my guild (but that has less to do with Anet).