Glad to see warriors finally getting a buff

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Xavori.3768

Xavori.3768

Yes. That was snark.

I have three warriors. One is a tank. One is a MF farmer. One is a zerker.

None of them remotely needs buffed. The whole reason I picked warrior for my head to toe MF character was because warriors were way far along on the strong side of the whole tissue paper – OP continuum.

I have one engineer. I don’t play her much at all because frankly, everything she might be able to do okay, I have another class that does much better. Single target DPS-thief. Ranged AoE DPS-ranger. Easy AoE DPS-warrior. Flexibility-elementalist.

Even more support-ish roles are better in other classes. If you want to be healer, be a water spec’d elly. Want to buff teammates – guardian or shout/banners warrior.

But engineer…poor engineer. Sure, you can have some silliness with a few builds that are based on your opponent killing themself, provided a) you can find an opponent without a functioning brain and b) you don’t get killed long before finding a).

So a few people figure out that the new flamethrower tweaks make that underwhelming kit someone useful. Can’t have that. NERF DETONATION.

Heck, I know it’s prolly a bug getting fixed. I don’t really care. Engineers need a lot of love that they just aren’t getting (as do necros, but necro love might be just fixing minion AI so that they actually always fight). Instead, patch after patch they just get further and further behind the other classes.

I mean, you’re never going to see a post on gw2lfg.com saying “GLF2M Zerker Engineers Only” now are you? In fact, I don’t think I’ve seen a group actually looking for an engineer ever, nor are there ever that many people who eagerly post the fact they’re an engineer looking for an invite.

On the other hand, when I need a few quick gold, I’m all about posting “80 full zerker warr LFG”, and I think I’ve had to wait as long as 30 seconds once to find a group…at 2am…on a weekday…

Hey I just met you – And this is crazy –
But here’s my body – So rez me maybe?

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

Learn to use banners.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Anet will continue to buff warriors until they are the only class in the game. at that point they can declare that they have achieved perfect class balance.

Posted by: Pandabro.8743

Pandabro.8743

I have three warriors.

Is this a common thing? Why would you need three of the same profession? Is the cost of switching traits really hitting your pocketbook?

Posted by: Sil.4560

Sil.4560

Oh please. PvP-wise, warriors got nerfed, which is what the entire warrior community was crying out to have fixed. Instead we get some banners and two skills that nobody uses buffed, barely.

Xavori.3768

Learn to use banners.

Why?

I like my shouts zerker warrior. Perma swiftness. Perma fury. Perma 11-14 stacks of might out of combat, I’ve had it get as high as 20 solo in combat, 25 in warrior groups is normal.

Oh, and my teammates get 50% uptime on fury which is way better than even the shiny new 170 points of precision would be (mathzors: 21 points per 1% crit chance. Fury gives extra 20% crit chance, so equals 420 points). They also get a perma six stacks of might (mathzors: 1 stack of might equals 35 points of power AND condition damage so 6 stacks is 210×2).

Well, my teammates who are not the mezzie get all that since the mezzie doesn’t sit in the kittenpile on the flame effigy so NO AWESOMESAUCE FOR COWARDLY MEZZIE

(mezzies, I joke…first, I haz two mezzie alts…second, I lurve when mezzies drop time warp on my warrior and I would haz a sad if they stopped)

Posted by: Unholey.3264

Unholey.3264

I have three warriors.

Is this a common thing? Why would you need three of the same profession? Is the cost of switching traits really hitting your pocketbook?

I have 4 rangers (all with 100% world) and plan on making a 5th. But that’s simply because I want one of each race.

I imagine making a different character would be more costly than paying 3.5s over and over o.O

Posted by: timecookie.8570

timecookie.8570

If you consider PvE being the only thing you can do in GW2, yeah you’re right. Otherwise not.

Xavori.3768

I have three warriors.

Hello. My name is Xavori. I’m an altaholic.

I have 71 alts in Champs Online but not even 30 in GW2, so obviously I’m getting better

It comes down to three things
1) I like trying out differing stuff works through as much different content as possible.
2) It’s easier to just kit out a toon exactly the way I want it and never mess with it.
3) A lot of my toons ‘theme’ comes from how they look or their name, and I’ve carried these through lots of games.

For example, my main, Xavori is ALWAYS a rogue-type. He was actually born in pen and paper AD&D. He was well known in UO. He was in DAoC. He was in WoW. He was a witchhunter in Warhammer Online cuz that was as close as I could get. He started out as a scrapper in City of Heroes (again, as close as I could get) but was deleted and remade when City of Villains came out (how many people do you know delete complete characters just because they have to have the name and theme fit as close as possible…I’m so broken in the head). He was in WoW. He was in the Star Wars beta (both games…I never played past beta because while I’m broken, I’m also smart enough to spot train wrecks from way off) He’s in Champs and here. He’ll be in whatever game I move on to from here. Heck, if a single player game lets me create characters (ie. mass effect), he ends up there, too.

Xavori.3768

If you consider PvE being the only thing you can do in GW2, yeah you’re right. Otherwise not.

I prefer my ranger and thief for WvW. I’m not that fond of sPvP which is odd since that’s all I do in Champs.

Posted by: eXs.6210

eXs.6210

Cof runs will now be 2 minutes long with banners… I love my warrior but in no way, shape or form did they need a buff of any kind… ridiculous…

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

I have three warriors.

I actually have four level 80 warriors. They are different races across two different builds. They happen to be oriented around builds, but it really has nothing to do with the cost of traits. It has to do more with simple convenience, and, for me, the desire to play the warrior with different races. The warrior profession is an example of one that makes sense within the GW2 universe. I think OP really would like all classes to make sense equally.

(edited by Raine.1394)

Posted by: ALeetNoob.4830

ALeetNoob.4830

Quickness got hit the nerf-bat pretty hard. Which does affect warriors directly though last chance (which received no duration buff) and frenzy.

We really needed to have the bugs in rush/Bullcharge worked on and maybe have sheild 4s range increased for PVP purposes.

I agree we didn’t really need one of our best PVE abilities (banners) buffed.

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

Cof runs will now be 2 minutes long with banners… I love my warrior but in no way, shape or form did they need a buff of any kind… ridiculous…

Time Warp and Frenzy were nerfed hard. The net result of this patch was a Warrior nerf, not buff.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: callidus.7085

callidus.7085

Isn’t it a GOOD thing that there is more viable builds? How many banner warriors do you see now? If it goes up by a bit, good… Not everyone should be running the same build.

Slow down and smell the pixels.

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

I trust this whole thread is strictly speaking of PvE because the PvP side of things are laughable.

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Time Warp and Frenzy were nerfed hard. The net result of this patch was a Warrior nerf, not buff.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Posted by: eXs.6210

eXs.6210

Have you ever run cof with 5 warriors? If you have, you would know they can kill almost as fast if not faster than 4+ mesmer… quickness is great but it’s not the end all trait that it’s made out to be… you are doing just as much damage with 100b, just a bit slower… and not even all that much slower… the banner buff is significant, it’s pretty much the difference between running with banners or without before… improve the damage of 4 warriors and throw another one in there and I’ll take that in a heartbeat…also as you know, in any decent cof farming group the mesmer can’t fire off time warp on slave driver because it’s still on cooldown from the effigy…

This patch makes mesmer essentially unnecessary in a good CoF farm group if people learn how to do the boulders on their own…

Posted by: stayBlind.7849

stayBlind.7849

Oh please. PvP-wise, warriors got nerfed, which is what the entire warrior community was crying out to have fixed. Instead we get some banners and two skills that nobody uses buffed, barely.

Skills that nobody uses?

I thought such skills didn’t exist in GW2, considering that was the whole point of removing the large skill pool that was GW1.

Posted by: PCanineBrigade.4916

PCanineBrigade.4916

Learn to use banners.

Why?

I like my shouts zerker warrior. Perma swiftness. Perma fury.

Banner of Discipline has group Fury, group Swiftness and a common banner blast finisher on low cooldown that everyone can pick up and use. Just sayin’.

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

Skills that nobody uses?

I thought such skills didn’t exist in GW2, considering that was the whole point of removing the large skill pool that was GW1.

You haven’t played Ranger I see…

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

I mean, you’re never going to see a post on gw2lfg.com saying “GLF2M Zerker Engineers Only” now are you? In fact, I don’t think I’ve seen a group actually looking for an engineer ever, nor are there ever that many people who eagerly post the fact they’re an engineer looking for an invite.

The last time I remember a team wanting an engineer was in an AC Path 3 — just after launch — when the burrows were really difficult to target — before the grenade emasculation.

While I understand ANet’s visions for the engineer and necro, trade-offs of one game-play element for another are risky. The engineer is not “supposed” to have top tier DPS because of its versatility. However, if that versatility doesn’t actually add anything that the higher-dps class can provide, well… that’s a design failure.

Posted by: XGhoul.7426

XGhoul.7426

This kind of made me laugh seeing as warriors are now officially the WORST spvp class

Posted by: Lighter.5631

Lighter.5631

misleading title is misleading

“i think it’s an underserved nerf. now we have to slot a stun breaker??”
“berserker stance clears all CC on you and you’re still immune to CC for 8 seconds”
-Excalibur.9748

Posted by: gimmethegepgun.1284

gimmethegepgun.1284

Skills that nobody uses?

You haven’t played Ranger I see…

Your sarcasm detector needs work.

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

Basically ANet looked over their statistics, Found out that warriors are the least played in SPVP and banner warriors the least of the least, and set out to fix that.

Face it, balance is SPVP first, PVE and WVW a fighting second.

Posted by: azmodeus.3409

azmodeus.3409

noone used a mesmer for timewarp..lets face it, the real reason we bring a mesmer in cof runs it to get across the burning rock trap.

run a pug farming group with 5 warriors and see how long it takes, its pure lol.

Posted by: Orpheus.7284

Orpheus.7284

Anet will continue to buff warriors until they are the only class in the game. at that point they can declare that they have achieved perfect class balance.

Didn’t you notice that every month a new letter is added to the name of the game? After next month it’ll spell out Guild Warriors.

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

You must be joking, a healing spec’d Engineer can heal way more than a water spec’d Ele could ever dream of.

Additionally, quickness needed a nerf. I’ve been seeing more and more speedclearing dungeon groups that won’t go with anything but mesmers and warriors. I would even prefer they take it even farther, and make it a much more common buff which grants 2.5% increased skill speed per stack. They they can have normal abilities which grant you some quickness and ultimates which grant more without the stupid drawbacks and horrible balance.

(edited by Conncept.7638)

Posted by: Jordy.1570

Jordy.1570

the frenzy nerf killed the few nice moments. it felt nice to burst a mob. now these moments r gone and its feels rly boring….. now its hack, hack hack hack…… 100 blaaaaaaaadddddeeee……. tired

im gone….

Posted by: projectcedric.6951

projectcedric.6951

My warriors are so boring now. Both of them. I cant even click on that level 80 almost-fully-geared piece of banality during the character selection page. There is something liberating about playing an underdog class somehow, because you know you’re not expecting yourself to perform in a certain way.

Posted by: Rhysati.4932

Rhysati.4932

I trust this whole thread is strictly speaking of PvE because the PvP side of things are laughable.

Yes, I would imagine that a thread on here would be about PvE since that’s what the overwhelming majority of the playerbase do.

Posted by: cargan.5689

cargan.5689

I admit im a slow learner my first toon in GW2 was an engineer, my second a ranger, my third a thief i also tried the others but i realised before the patch that if you Pve on any thing but a warrior your just making things hard for your self.

The devs even used the word “insane” to describe how good warriors are in pve yet another patch with warriors up rangers down and eng still broken.

Ok now i can sit back knowing each patch my soon to be 80 warrior becomes a little more god like rather than worry god whats being nerfed into oblivion this time.

Ulfar SOR

Posted by: projectcedric.6951

projectcedric.6951

Ok now i can sit back knowing each patch my soon to be 80 warrior becomes a little more god like rather than worry god whats being nerfed into oblivion this time.

It’s not gonna be godlike, man. If you’ve been updating your gears all the way, with area level scaling, when you reach 80 it’s just gonna be the same as how you’ve been doing all this while. In fact, it is almost as if… there is no difference between being Level 1 and Level 80 in this game. I don’t know why a leveling system is even necessary.

Posted by: SadieDeAtreia.8912

SadieDeAtreia.8912

Relax guys, early April’s fools, thats all.

Posted by: Chickenshoes.6250

Chickenshoes.6250

You think that’s bad? Engineer community generally agrees we got another nerf

They buffed turrets (LOL) they’re still in-fact crap as they were before, although flame turret now seems interesting with a cooldown of 25s down from 40.

Then they nerfed kit refinement on everything which means it’s a nerf to all kits, the things we actually did use.

Posted by: Shuggie.8354

Shuggie.8354

buff warrior. nerf engineer.

nice one