Gliding in Central Tyria

Gliding in Central Tyria

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: AcE.3418

AcE.3418

Spending several days in the vast amount of content of HoT brings up some concerns when going back and getting map completion on my Revenant. Ive cleared the GW2 map now 4 times completely through, this time is different.

I want to glide!!!!

It is bad enough that my phase traversal has been nerfed so movement is somewhat limited with the lack of weapon skills to help speed you along. Seeing how awesome the mechanic of jumping off a cliff and gliding along to the next event/heart/whatever is really a wonderful addition to the game. What I think we could do is, make an additional last tier of gliding mastery that allows you to fly in central tyria.

As for jumping puzzles which is realistically the only concern, just make a debuff that is applied when you enter that says you cannot fly. BOOM! Problem solved now lets fly in tyria!

Gliding in Central Tyria

Posted by: JaddynnStarr.5201

JaddynnStarr.5201

Another idea I was thinking of on this, is that maybe enable gliding AFTER the map has been 100% cleared. That way they can still force you to clear the map like originally planned, but allow you to glide thru it afterwards. What do you think?

Gliding in Central Tyria

Posted by: Wasabi Kitty.8247

Wasabi Kitty.8247

Would probably trivialize some of the jump puzzles.

Anet make Rev great again.

Gliding in Central Tyria

Posted by: AcE.3418

AcE.3418

Another idea I was thinking of on this, is that maybe enable gliding AFTER the map has been 100% cleared. That way they can still force you to clear the map like originally planned, but allow you to glide thru it afterwards. What do you think?

I would be okay with that too! Like and endgame reward for full completion

Gliding in Central Tyria

Posted by: JaddynnStarr.5201

JaddynnStarr.5201

Well, disable them in JP areas like the OP hypothesized maybe? shouldnt be too hard to do.

Gliding in Central Tyria

Posted by: Kirnale.5914

Kirnale.5914

After playing too much in the jungle I died from jumping off a cliff in tyria… anet pls fix xD

Gliding in Central Tyria

Posted by: zaxziakohl.5243

zaxziakohl.5243

I personally think they will go back someday (maybe after next expac) and make the rest of Tyria glideable via an additional Glide mastery. “Free Range Gliding” or some such thing.

In theory it’s actually possible currently, the action to do so however is turned off in map rules. A few modifications would be required obviously, but they could be relatively easy.

IE: Checkpoint system for jump puzzles. Every jump puzzle could have invisible checkpoints that you pass through during completion. This means you would have to do the whole thing in order for the chest at the end to “unlock.”

Or impenetrable canopy’s could be added to open world jump puzzles. It would also add more ways to make the maps fresh, such as glide races to get from one area to another. Glide based diving locations and so on. A couple updrafts and you could have full map guild race activities in the sky and such. None of those would require any significant alterations to the existing map terrain. A few additions and some permission changes and tada. Brand new experiences (and adventures in Tyria instead of only the new maps.)

Gliding in Central Tyria

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

I personally think they will go back someday (maybe after next expac) and make the rest of Tyria glideable via an additional Glide mastery. “Free Range Gliding” or some such thing.

In theory it’s actually possible currently, the action to do so however is turned off in map rules. A few modifications would be required obviously, but they could be relatively easy.

IE: Checkpoint system for jump puzzles. Every jump puzzle could have invisible checkpoints that you pass through during completion. This means you would have to do the whole thing in order for the chest at the end to “unlock.”

Or impenetrable canopy’s could be added to open world jump puzzles. It would also add more ways to make the maps fresh, such as glide races to get from one area to another. Glide based diving locations and so on. A couple updrafts and you could have full map guild race activities in the sky and such. None of those would require any significant alterations to the existing map terrain. A few additions and some permission changes and tada. Brand new experiences (and adventures in Tyria instead of only the new maps.)

Yea they will totaly remake the whole core world for gliding when 24 dungeon paths was to much work to fix and instead nerfed to hopefully make people not play them.

My answer is dont hold your breath on this one guys, they will make new content not remodel the old.