Gliding keybind.

Gliding keybind.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: JrkSoldierX.4379

JrkSoldierX.4379

For the love of guild wars can we PLEASE have the option to change gliding keybind.

This is by far my biggest complaint with HOT since launch, really messes up jumping puzzles. Please please please

Gliding keybind.

Posted by: JrkSoldierX.4379

JrkSoldierX.4379

Or have the option to disable it at will?

Gliding keybind.

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

I support both of these requests.

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

Gliding keybind.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Or learn to be less lead-hand on the spacebar. It took some adjustment on my part and now JPs are easier than before (for me), since I have more control of when I jump.

I’m not against adding a keybinding option, I’d just rather ANet work on other stuff.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Gliding keybind.

Posted by: Kruhljak.2705

Kruhljak.2705

Adding another keybinding to a system that already exists should be relatively trivial (they’ve done it several times already), though I don’t claim to know how tangled the spaghetti is for this particular thing.

For me, I don’t see anything getting easier re JPs. Instead, I have to be even more distracted from the jumps than before due to having to worry about not pressing the spacebar for a nanosecond longer than I should to keep the glider from popping out. I’m not sure why anyone should have to worry about this. I see no difference between having this as a toggle and having the action camera as a toggle. I prefer to make my own choices when and where these things are useful or otherwise, to me.

Gliding keybind.

Posted by: Jwake.7013

Jwake.7013

I agree whole heartedly with the OP. Its one thing if anet had the jp’s zone off correctly with a ‘no fly’ but they don’t and actually haven’t made any real improvements on the zoning since it came out and a few patches after for bugs here and there.

I would actually love a key bind, both that and an option would be preferable but I’d be ecstatic with either at this point. I stop running most jp’s for fun just cause I can do nearly all the jp’s, I’m slow at them but enjoy them and I"m fine taking my time but when i go to jump and end up gliding off and have to start over again and again with no way to stop it. Yes I know its triggered off holding the space bar, but I’m slow and have even tried putting some dedicated time into learning not to do that, it still just ends up happening for me all the time anyway when I don’t want it to, whether in jp’s or just jumping up somewhere in a pve map when I’m trying to get places.

It’s such a qol thing and has been brought up by many people over the year since HoT came out and I don’t think I’ve heard anything from a dev, let alone anything about it actually happening. is it really that hard for implementation?