Glob of Dark Matter nerf?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: MarySueLlama.8136

MarySueLlama.8136

Has anyone noticed a considerable nerf to the drop rate on these when you salvage? The last 6 or 7 lvl 80 exotics I salvaged with Black Lion Kits gave me 0 dark matter globs. I used to consistently get at least 1 per salvage, to the point where I’d thought it was a guaranteed thing. I have over 100 of them in my bank, and I haven’t gotten them any other way besides salvaging exotics, that I know of. But I haven’t been able to get any more for a few months now. I feel like I’m just wasting my Black Lion Kits

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I doubt it.

According to the wiki, it’s an average of 0.5/exotic for master’s kit and its equivalents, 1.0/exotic for BL kits.

However, since balls drop 0, 1, 2, or 3, the variance is quite high; there’s not a 100% chance, despite the average being 1/exotic. Before people knew about salvaging exotics to sell the sigils, I used to buy tons and salvage with surplus BL kits. Out of two full kits, I’d get 40-50 balls (so somewhat lower than average), but I’d also easily get streaks of 6-7 without any, evening up by getting some double or triple drops.

In other words, 6-7 is too few salvages to even begin to worry. If you go through an entire kit without any, please report back. (Ideally, keeping careful track of every salvage.)

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

(edited by Illconceived Was Na.9781)

Posted by: Falco Peregrinus.3465

Falco Peregrinus.3465

Hi,

I have experienced the same as the OP, I got 1 Glob of Dark matter form 12-15 exotics salvaged with a BL kit. I also had a consistent salvage rate of about 1/salvage before. So 6-7 may be too few, but 6-7 + 12-15 makes it a bit more than just a coincedence imho.

Falco Peregrinus.3465

I just did another salvage and got 6 Globs of dark matter from 8 pieces of exotic gear (lvl 78) a using BL kit, so it seems a bit better, but still less than before, considering the 12-15 pieces of gear I used before (by the way halve of them where not exotic but ascended and came from the fractals, maybe that explains it partly)

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

It’s still same. Sometimes nothing, sometimes no ecto’s, but several times 1-3 glob of dark matter.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

Falco Peregrinus.3465

Today the same: 15 exotic pieces of armor lvl 78-80, salvaged using a BL salvage kit.
Result: 1 Glob of Dark Matter