Glorious Amor? But what about Tribal Armor?!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Seabreeze.8437

Seabreeze.8437

(I’m not sure whether this should be in the PvP thread or general discussion…)

So anyways, I got off-the-wall excited when I read that PvP armors were coming back finally. Then I found out that the topic had absolutely nothing to do with the armor I thought, but rather they’re making a new armor set for PvP. Talk about misinterpretation on my part…

Now, I’d like to think I’ve been patient, but this is getting pretty ridiculous. Seriously, when are the old PvP armor sets going to come back? If Anet is going to be making NEW armor sets for PvP, then why not bring the old stuff back as karma gear or something? It’s incredibly unfair that these sets were treated like timed-exclusives as if they were holiday or living story armor sets. I want to say that this would be like removing dungeon armor, but I’m sure someone would tell me I’m comparing apples to oranges. Regardless, I see absolutely no reason why the old PvP armor sets should still be missing from the game. If not PvP, then make them karma gear… or heck, even gem store for crying out loud.

Please, Anet, can you give us access to the old PvP armor sets again? Especially since the focus of season 2 is “permanent content.”

Posted by: Immersturm.6097

Immersturm.6097

Anet! I want my Tribal Armor!

Posted by: Basaltface.2786

Basaltface.2786

one of the few really creative armors and no chance in hell to get it.. good one a-net

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

I would happily PvP if they put these armor sets as bonuses along that reward track or even their own track.

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

This is the new “mount” threads isn’kitten

Every day there’s a new thread asking for the Tribal armor to come back. If not tribal, the other armor sets that are “gone”. (Then again, the search function is really terrible)

Anet never said anything about those sets, and they’ll probably never will.

Posted by: Kibazuka.1390

Kibazuka.1390

This is the new “mount” threads isn’kitten

Every day there’s a new thread asking for the Tribal armor to come back. If not tribal, the other armor sets that are “gone”. (Then again, the search function is really terrible)

Anet never said anything about those sets, and they’ll probably never will.

But unlike mounts there is no reason to not just add the set back. Doesnt even take any work.
If enough people remind them on a weekly basis they cant ignore that for all eternity

Ranger – Drakkar Lake[DE]
Full melee Ranger since August 2012

Posted by: Crius.5487

Crius.5487

ANet doesn’t want you to post in threads more than 30 days old (without a post) so they encourage creating new topics about such old subjects.

All the assets for the armor set is still in-game. I could be mistaken, but I believe this was the only exclusive PvP armor set prior to the wardrobe/sPvP change.

Jade Quarry since Beta

Posted by: Syphin.6930

Syphin.6930

The Tribal Armor set looks amazing, I wish there was still a way to unlock it for your wardrobe in the game.

Make it happen Arenanet! Please!

Posted by: Pandaman.4758

Pandaman.4758

ANet doesn’t want you to post in threads more than 30 days old (without a post) so they encourage creating new topics about such old subjects.

All the assets for the armor set is still in-game. I could be mistaken, but I believe this was the only exclusive PvP armor set prior to the wardrobe/sPvP change.

There were several, off the top of my head there was the Tribal, Stalwart, Heavy Scale (looks like a clean and undamaged version of the beginning heavy armor), Guild (which were slightly remodeled variants of PvE armor, you can still get the chest pieces from guild vendors but the rest of the pieces were from PvP crafting), and one other I can’t quite recall.

Edit: oh, last one was the Apostle set.

Edit edit: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Armor_set#Unobtainable_armor

(edited by Pandaman.4758)

Posted by: Blazing Liger.1236

Blazing Liger.1236

Yes, please! I so badly want that tribal armor for my necromancer. And the completionist in me is going nuts over the fact I can’t currently get these into my wardrobe!

It’s hard to do jumping puzzles with a big, fuzzy butt.

Posted by: Seabreeze.8437

Seabreeze.8437

This is nothing like a “mounts” thread. We’re not asking to implement an entirely new feature into the game. We’re asking for Anet to bring back armor sets that shouldn’t have been removed in the first place. Stuff like Grenth’s hood, Mad King outfit, etc. are the types of armor that should have some timed exclusivity (i.e. holiday events), but not the old PvP armor sets. I’ve said it before, these armor sets were just like any other armor set in the game, with the only difference being its method of acquisition.

So I really hope this patch brings more than one “glorious” armor set.

Posted by: mist.9807

mist.9807

I pretty much agree with this. I was really expecting them to add these sets via PvP track rewards, but then ended up reading about the glorious sets.

I’m not really sure why they don’t do this either. When the wardrobe was introduced there were literally dozens of threads concerning this issue, and not one dev made a single comment on it. Perhaps they just don’t want to admit to their mistake, and prefer to ignore the problem for eternity?

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

But unlike mounts there is no reason to not just add the set back. Doesnt even take any work.
If enough people remind them on a weekly basis they cant ignore that for all eternity

We’ve been reminding Anet for more than 2 years. Ever since the fist BWE. They are doing an extremely good job at completely ignoring this problem.

(edited by RedStar.4218)

Posted by: Crius.5487

Crius.5487

Pandaman.4758, guess the only one of those I was ever concerned about was the tribal armor since I was just a few ranks away from being able to start working towards getting pieces when the change hit.

Jade Quarry since Beta

Posted by: Chasind.3128

Chasind.3128

Anet, please give us back the tribal armors & the other pvp armors that are considered now unattainable

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

I just want Anet to give WvW/EOTM some new armor skins :-( similar to how dungeons get unique skins. Sure we have some skins, but they don’t cost many badges and they’re really fugly.

And yes I too want the tribal armor. It looks very ‘ritualist’ in nature.

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

Posted by: Grok Krog.9581

Grok Krog.9581

I want the Stalwart set back. I need the shoulders from it. Please add all the PvP armors back

Grok Walking Amongst Mere Mortals

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

They should add a vendor with some extra skins in there, like some of the skins only available in champion bags, and skins previously only available in PvP and now unavailable, and some skins you can get with WvW tokens in the WvW armor vendor.

Then the last chest of a track would give you 5 tokens, and items in the PvP vendor would cost 1-5 tokens.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!