Glory boosters and the removal of glory

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: CalmestChaos.2463

CalmestChaos.2463

so. what’s going to happen to all these glory boosters you guys have been shoving down my throat instead of other boosters from achievement chests and stuff, since i don’t play pvp, i don’t use them.

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

If you have no use for them currently, throw them away. They’ll be useless now, and useless later if you don’t SPvP. Pretty simple.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Posted by: Nabuko Darayon.9645

Nabuko Darayon.9645

I think we might get an option to MF them with a chance at random boosters

~ King Arian and Isabella of [EG] ~

CalmestChaos.2463

the point is, i got glory boosters instead of boosters like strength, experience, magic find, ect from achievment point chests. these things have cost me tons of gems worth of boosters i could actually use. i have gotten well over a dozen of these from my 8.5k achievment points, thats 12 + boosters that could have been something else. and now, arenanet is making them trash items that cannot be used. its ridiculous. they gave these boosters equivalent value to all other boosters, and gave them high drop rate in the achievement chests. to remove them from the game is beyond unfair.

EDIT: my mistake, they are garanteed, but the point still applies, they were given instead of something else.

(edited by CalmestChaos.2463)

Smooth Penguin.5294

the point is, i got glory boosters instead of boosters like strength, experience, magic find, ect from achievment point chests. these things have cost me tons of gems worth of boosters i could actually use. i have gotten well over a dozen of these from my 8.5k achievment points, thats 12 + boosters that could have been something else. and now, arenanet is making them trash items that cannot be used. its ridiculous. they gave these boosters equivalent value to all other boosters, and gave them high drop rate in the achievement chests. to remove them from the game is beyond unfair.

The drops were RNG. Just because you don’t want to use them, doesn’t mean other people don’t. I have tons of Glory Boosters, and I’m using them on a daily basis. If you don’t want or need them, simply throw them away. They were free to begin with, so complaining about them is moot.

PS – I have tons of Experience Boosters as well, and I don’t need them. They’ll be thrown away since I can convert my Glory to instant level ups.

Posted by: Pip.2094

Pip.2094

I have 195 of them… ._.

\||||||/
O°v°O

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

They aren’t RNG. A PvP Booster comes in every Achievement Chest. So, they weren’t replacing something else. ArenaNet can’t really know who plays, or may play, PvP, so it was there for those that do. Same with the PvP Rewards Chest.

Just throw them away if you need the space in Inventory…or hold on to them with the off-chance they may some day be used in the Mystic Forge. Your choice. =)

CalmestChaos.2463

They aren’t RNG. A PvP Booster comes in every Achievement Chest. So, they weren’t replacing something else. ArenaNet can’t really know who plays, or may play, PvP, so it was there for those that do. Same with the PvP Rewards Chest.

Just throw them away if you need the space in Inventory…or hold on to them with the off-chance they may some day be used in the Mystic Forge. Your choice. =)

i had forgotten that one fact i read months ago, but it still remains that we were given these things instead of other things, and still had a chance to get them in the random drops.

CalmestChaos.2463

The drops were RNG. Just because you don’t want to use them, doesn’t mean other people don’t. I have tons of Glory Boosters, and I’m using them on a daily basis. If you don’t want or need them, simply throw them away. They were free to begin with, so complaining about them is moot.

PS – I have tons of Experience Boosters as well, and I don’t need them. They’ll be thrown away since I can convert my Glory to instant level ups.

Note xp boosters have value after level 80, while PVP glory boosters ONLY have value in PVP.

Smooth Penguin.5294

They aren’t RNG.

They are when you can randomly get them from Daily and Monthly achievements, or previously from BL Chests.

Note xp boosters have value after level 80, while PVP glory boosters ONLY have value in PVP.

Experience Boosters have no value if you aren’t leveling any new characters. But even if you need to level, you can use free Level-ups from the Glory vendor.

Posted by: Maestria of Strat.2974

Maestria of Strat.2974

I have a ton of them from chests. I would hope they retain their value.

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I was referring to this post…about receiving them in Achievement Chests. They aren’t RNG there, and did not replace any other boosters.

The few one could get from Dailies or Monthlies would be RNG, but I doubt they added up to many from that source.

CalmestChaos.2463

They aren’t RNG.

They are when you can randomly get them from Daily and Monthly achievements, or previously from BL Chests.

Experience Boosters have no value if you aren’t leveling any new characters. But even if you need to level, you can use free Level-ups from the Glory vendor.

experience boosters allow you to level past 80 faster as well, for more skill points. virtually equivalent as to pre 80, but can give you far more xp since you can go full exotic and tag more enemies more effectively in the high level areas. if anything, they are more valuable past 80 for leveling if your goal is skillpoints, which you need many of for lots of things.

Smooth Penguin.5294

They aren’t RNG.

experience boosters allow you to level past 80 faster as well, for more skill points. virtually equivalent as to pre 80, but can give you far more xp since you can go full exotic and tag more enemies more effectively in the high level areas. if anything, they are more valuable past 80 for leveling if your goal is skillpoints, which you need many of for lots of things.

We already get tons of free skill points from Champ loot bags. There’s 400+ sitting in my bank. So no, Experience Boosters are not as valuable as Glory Boosters, since you can use Glory to get free Level-up items.

CalmestChaos.2463

1st off, they cost gems on the TP, 2nd off, even if given out, something else could have been given instead, they were chosen for a reason. if they did not give glory boosters, what could they have given instead, that is the value they have, and that value if bought was worth 75 gems, or now a days 6 gold a piece. if that was put towards rewards people like me could actually use, its a lot of gold worth of stuff. i have been given over 20 PVP boosters, at 75 gems a piece and we estimate low at 5 gold each, thats 100 gold worth of stuff minimum i was “given” and couldn’t use from achievement chests. 100 gold can buy over 99% of the things on the trading post, it is a large sum of gold many people were denied because they don’t PVP.

I want to know do they plan on taking this 100 gold they gave me and turn it into something i can use or sell, or trash items i can’t do anything with.

(edited by Moderator)

Inculpatus cedo.9234

No.

CalmestChaos.2463

No.

and where did you hear this

Smooth Penguin.5294

You were given an item for free, and complain when it wasn’t something that you wanted. Then you go on to say the item was useless to you from the beginning, but you’re even more mad now since you can’t use them anymore? But now you value them at 100 Gold.

Forgive me, but I’m really trying to understand what you’re upset at, since the motive keeps changing.

(edited by Moderator)

Inculpatus cedo.9234

No.

and where did you hear this

Ready Up or one of the other livestreams. You should watch them, they are most informative.

CalmestChaos.2463

the point is, i got glory boosters instead of boosters like strength, experience, magic find, ect from achievment point chests. these things have cost me tons of gems worth of boosters i could actually use. i have gotten well over a dozen of these from my 8.5k achievment points, thats 12 + boosters that could have been something else. and now, arenanet is making them trash items that cannot be used. its ridiculous.

Aside from being factually incorrect, what is actually ridiculous (to deserve or invite ridicule) about this is creating a thread announcing that the entirely free gifts that were given out, which were useless to some people when they received them, will continue to be useless to those people who never used them. Now that is some ridiculous whining.

1st off, they cost gems on the TP, 2nd off, even if given out, something else could have been given instead, they were chosen for a reason. if they did not give glory boosters, what could they have given instead, that is the value they have, and that value if bought was worth 75 gems, or now a days 6 gold a piece. if that was put towards rewards people like me could actually use, its a lot of gold worth of stuff. i have been given over 20 PVP boosters, at 75 gems a piece and we estimate low at 5 gold each, thats 100 gold worth of stuff minimum i was “given” and couldn’t use from achievement chests. 100 gold can buy over 99% of the things on the trading post, it is a large sum of gold many people were denied because they don’t PVP.

I want to know do they plan on taking this 100 gold they gave me and turn it into something i can use or sell, or trash items i can’t do anything with.

You were given an item for free, and complain when it wasn’t something that you wanted. Then you go on to say the item was useless to you from the beginning, but you’re even more mad now since you can’t use them anymore? But now you value them at 100 Gold.

Forgive me, but I’m really trying to understand what you’re upset at, since the motive keeps changing.

no. i earned an item worth 75 gems that is useless for me, but worth full value for others, and now is becoming obsolete, and am asking if something will be done about that.

Posted by: Mazreal Blackknight.1564

Mazreal Blackknight.1564

Omg your crazy you didn’t spend gems on them. Just like I didn’t I have 100 of tees boosters. I don’t play spvp, so I won’t care if they are gone. What makes you so entitled to think you get something else cause YOU didn’t bother to use them. Go PVP with them, unlock some skins, but tomes, buy what ever you want. It’s not The Devs fault you didn’t use them! I was also given a ring which I removed once a better trinket (ring) was found or made. You don’t see threads of people demanding something for that.

I also got blueprints for WvW I don’t use, and skins for weapons for PVP, stop whining about an aspect of the game YOU personally opted out of. Had they never told you glory was being removed and just took it out of the game you would be happy as can be since you don’t play PVP.

Welcome to the give me generation….

Smooth Penguin.5294

no. i earned an item worth 75 gems that is useless for me, but worth full value for others, and now is becoming obsolete, and am asking if something will be done about that.

No, you were given a free item at random. It may have been useful to you, or it may have been useless. Either way, there’s no obligation for Anet to exchange this item simply because you’re not happy with a free gift.

I have a ton of the same item as you, and I’m making good use of them before the Glory goes away. If I can’t use them all, I’m throwing them away. Pretty simple.

CalmestChaos.2463

Omg your crazy you didn’t spend gems on them. Just like I didn’t I have 100 of tees boosters. I don’t play spvp, so I won’t care if they are gone. What makes you so entitled to think you get something else cause YOU didn’t bother to use them. Go PVP with them, unlock some skins, but tomes, buy what ever you want. It’s not The Devs fault you didn’t use them! I was also given a ring which I removed once a better trinket (ring) was found or made. You don’t see threads of people demanding something for that.

I also got blueprints for WvW I don’t use, and skins for weapons for PVP, stop whining about an aspect of the game YOU personally opted out of. Had they never told you glory was being removed and just took it out of the game you would be happy as can be since you don’t play PVP.

Welcome to the give me generation….

reread my comments. i note two things. i EARNED those boosters first off, i spent a long time building achievement points for the chests. 2nd off, i never said i was entitled to anything. i only stated what i would estimate their value to be. if you read the first comment, you would see me say nothing about what i want or what i should get. i asked what they will do with these useless gem store items they gave to me as a reward for my hard work instead of something i could use, now that they are removing all function they had.

you can sell blueprints for silver, you can use rings until a better one is found, you actually get something out of those. they are nothing like glory boosters.

CalmestChaos.2463

let me summarize this whole thing so that you guys who read this can understand what this thread is about, because it obvious, mazreal, that you did not understand my comments.

1: i spent months earning achievement points for the chests, and was given glory boosters for it. i worked for these things, they were not free.
2: i did not say i was entitled to anything. i would like these glory boosters to be worth something, since i worked for them(al be it unwillingly) for months.
3: they have a value of 75 gems, which is right now worth over 6 gold.
4: 8500 achiement points awards by my count 31 glory boosters.
5: if we assume 5 gold per booster, which is estemating low, that means that arena net has give me 155 gold worth of glory boosters.
6:Glory boosters can not be sold, traded, or anything else besides thrown away or used, and can only be used for PVP. this is not true of things like WVW blueprints, or any items in the game, since they can be used or sold, and if used have utility until you upgrade.
7: i hate pvp. its extremely difficult and i will loose my match 90% of the time, earning almost no glory, so a booster is only worth a few hundred glory to me, which is nothing. this gives it a negligible utility value.
8: i earned 155 gold worth of boosters that i can’t use.
9: holding on to glory boosters takes no space, since they are stored in the pvp locker
10, and this is the kicker
i quote myself"what’s going to happen to all these glory boosters". i never once said i was entitled to anything at all. i was given 155 gold worth of rewards that will soon be worth nothing, and i can’t do anything about it. i can’t use them, i can’t sell them. but i did earn them. making them worthless is equivalent to your boss firing you the day before payday, and then not giving you your check for the last pay period. this is however a game. im not worried about such things as badly as real life. i would like for them to be sellable or have some use outside of pvp, but i can’t change if Arenanet does not. BUT here is the real kicker, i don’t know what will happen. so i made this thread, asking. and here we have people making stuff up saying i’m ordering arenanet to make them worth gold just to insult me. You guys are not reading my comments. you are not comprehending them.

Posted by: ThanatosAngel.8024

ThanatosAngel.8024

I just want to point out that these “free” boosters aren’t exactly free if you got them through an achievement reward that requires a point threshold to unlock.

Posted by: Mazreal Blackknight.1564

Mazreal Blackknight.1564

Oh no I completely understand, you earned everything else in that chest. Just cause YOU opted to not use a piece given to you.

You now want to know what they are going to replace it with. They are replacing it with nothing. As if you never got it. There is enough stuff that is not sellable like all the PVp skins we got also. Just cause we opted to not use them why should we benifit from then. We had the option to use them. To earn stuff from them but as non PVp players we decided to not use them. Why should we be reward for something we opted to never use?

The point is you were happy with them just sitting in your PVp locker until now. And now that they are removing the option you already opted to not use, you want a replacement option selling or having them traded for a booster you want. When you “could” have used them from the moment you earned them. Just cause you opted to not it’s not their issue to remake you happy.

I don’t use armor boosters or kill boosters, I have a ton also, they sit there in my bank. Just like the PVp glory boosters sit in my locker. All 100 of them.

Smooth Penguin.5294

~~~snip~~~

The value of the free items you got is 0. They cost you nothing to get. They drop from Achievement points, Daily/Monthly chests, etc.

Just to put this in perspective, Anet is under no obligation to exchange anything you got for free. How do I know this? Here’s the rules regarding money bought items:

“YOU ALSO ACKNOWLEDGE THAT NCSOFT HAS NO OBLIGATION TO REFUND ANY PAYMENTS, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, RELATED TO AN ACCOUNT WHETHER OR NOT SUCH PAYMENTS WERE MADE OR AUTHORIZED BY YOU, FOR ANY REASON WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO INTERRUPTION OR UNAVAILABILITY OF SERVICE (SEE ALSO SECTION 10).”

Having said that, if Anet does do something for the Glory Boosters, that’s great. But I can’t stress this enough – you have no rights to any type of exchanges because you don’t like the item. If they allowed all players to exchange free Gem Store items for something else they actually want, the Support Staff would never sleep, and NCSoft losses money. There are hundreds of thousands of players in this game who get the same items as you did. Some players loved it, and some players don’t use it. We are all on the same page here. If you feel more entitled to different treatment than all of us, that’s your opinion.

CalmestChaos.2463

Oh no I completely understand, you earned everything else in that chest. Just cause YOU opted to not use a piece given to you.

You now want to know what they are going to replace it with. They are replacing it with nothing. As if you never got it. There is enough stuff that is not sellable like all the PVp skins we got also. Just cause we opted to not use them why should we benifit from then. We had the option to use them. To earn stuff from them but as non PVp players we decided to not use them. Why should we be reward for something we opted to never use?

The point is you were happy with them just sitting in your PVp locker until now. And now that they are removing the option you already opted to not use, you want a replacement option selling or having them traded for a booster you want. When you “could” have used them from the moment you earned them. Just cause you opted to not it’s not their issue to remake you happy.

I don’t use armor boosters or kill boosters, I have a ton also, they sit there in my bank. Just like the PVp glory boosters sit in my locker. All 100 of them.

this is the third time you have not read my comments
1: i want to know IF, there is a key word there, and its spelt with an I and an F, IF they will be given some other use outside of pvp. ill say it a second time, IF they will be given some other use outside of pvp

2: I wasn’t happy with them sitting in my locker, i was hoping one day to get into pvp and actually be able to use them. when i first heard of it, i was glum and raised my pvp level by playing and loosing tons of matches. glory has loads of cool benefits and i wanted to tap into them. i am level 11 in PVP, how do you think i got those statistics. i used several glory boosters from the pvp dailies. i currently have about 35

2.5 WTH, someone hacking this or something to say i’m a gold spammer. there is no message here to remove. if any gold spammer messages are here, they were hacked here.

3: I have heard PVP skins will be given use to us outside of PVP. i also used them and know their value, i can salvage them to make dyes if i wanted for at least some return.

Just dont even comment again until you comprehend my statements. you keep saying stuff that is just not true. you’re trying to make valid points, but your still missing some important parts and ignoring others. you have become that person who has lost the fight, and therefore is lying to make themselves seem like they are right. you have lost, man up and admit it.

remember, the only thing that can not be used outside of pvp in some way is a glory booster.

Inculpatus cedo.9234

As stated previously, the Devs expressly said to USE UP YOUR GLORY BOOSTERS AS THEY WILL HAVE NO FURTHER USE after the changes to PvP rewards are finalized.

Now, you can keep them and hope something different happens, but right now they are scheduled to become useless. Good luck.

CalmestChaos.2463

~~~snip~~~

The value of the free items you got is 0. They cost you nothing to get. They drop from Achievement points, Daily/Monthly chests, etc.

Just to put this in perspective, Anet is under no obligation to exchange anything you got for free. How do I know this? Here’s the rules regarding money bought items:

“YOU ALSO ACKNOWLEDGE THAT NCSOFT HAS NO OBLIGATION TO REFUND ANY PAYMENTS, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, RELATED TO AN ACCOUNT WHETHER OR NOT SUCH PAYMENTS WERE MADE OR AUTHORIZED BY YOU, FOR ANY REASON WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO INTERRUPTION OR UNAVAILABILITY OF SERVICE (SEE ALSO SECTION 10).”

Having said that, if Anet does do something for the Glory Boosters, that’s great. But I can’t stress this enough – you have no rights to any type of exchanges because you don’t like the item. If they allowed all players to exchange free Gem Store items for something else they actually want, the Support Staff would never sleep, and NCSoft losses money. There are hundreds of thousands of players in this game who get the same items as you did. Some players loved it, and some players don’t use it. We are all on the same page here. If you feel more entitled to different treatment than all of us, that’s your opinion.

you’re just as bad as the other guy. you’re not reading my responses, the situation is vastly different than the one you are depicting. i only ever asked if something is going to be done with them. why, because i worked hard for my achievement rewards, as did 1000s of other players. to get an item they can’t use. ArenaNet gave us an item we can’t use which has high purchase value, and now is removing it from the game. as i stated in my example before, the boss is firing me before my payday, and is refusing to pay me for my hours. that is my opinion on this topic. i think that if anyone in the world works to achieve a reward, that the reward be of fair value. so long as glory exists, glory boosters are an acceptable value. the opportunity exists to attempt to cash in on it. now that they are removing that, i will no longer be able to cash in. if thats what they do, thats what they do. its a game, i can’t change their minds. what i can do however is ask what they plan on doing with it because its not widely known what they are doing with them. I think that glory boosters should have value after glory is removed, that is my opinion, because there are loads of them out there due to the fact that the players earned them. players like me, now im sorry if your not like me, but that gives you no excuse bash me for my opinion, especially when you claim that what i am saying is something that i did not say. i think they should have value, i am not ordering such a thing. but the fact remains its my opinion, i can think what i want to think, and its unrelated to this whole reason this thread was post. Please refrain from commenting further about such nonsense.

CalmestChaos.2463

As stated previously, the Devs expressly said to USE UP YOUR GLORY BOOSTERS AS THEY WILL HAVE NO FURTHER USE after the changes to PvP rewards are finalized.

Now, you can keep them and hope something different happens, but right now they are scheduled to become useless. Good luck.

Thank you, i personally had not heard this and the announcement of the removal of glory did not include this either.