Glory boosters in achievement chests

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: MAUS HOUS.8047

MAUS HOUS.8047

I just got an achievement chest and opened it up to find 2 PVP glory boosters!!!! Shall I stop earning achievement points for the time being if literally useless items such as not 1, but 2 glory boosters are being given out as part of large reward milestones? Can I get some karma boosters instead or something that is of value in the game since glory is being completely removed and you’re giving refunds for these boosters when bought from the trading post? Either take them out of reward chest/loot completely or start giving something as an alternative since this is obsurd.

Holla. At. Me.

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

Don’t stop earning achievement points.

Just don’t open the chests until the change where they are removing glory boosters.

Posted by: MAUS HOUS.8047

MAUS HOUS.8047

Don’t stop earning achievement points.

Just don’t open the chests until the change where they are removing glory boosters.

I wish I knew not to open it BEFORE I opened it, feel totally cheated.

Holla. At. Me.

Posted by: Mike.5091

Mike.5091

I was like that the other day when I opened my Achievement Chest, too.

Then again it is all for free and I hardly use the stuff, so it doesn’t really matter.

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

It is not like the boosters are replacing another item. If you don’t like them, just throw them away.

Posted by: Kuzzi.2198

Kuzzi.2198

It is not like the boosters are replacing another item. If you don’t like them, just throw them away.

The problem is that in the future loot tables that would have previously given glory boosters will most likely be replaced with something else. Those of us who got the boosters as drops are being screwed because the item will be deleted…

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

The thing is…you can still use them today. While they are still dropping. Glory is still being awarded for play. Right now. They won’t be obsolete until the 18th.

Now, that isn’t to say that they might not forget to remove them on the 18th. But, until then, they still have value.

Posted by: MrRuin.9740

MrRuin.9740

The thing is…you can still use them today. While they are still dropping. Glory is still being awarded for play. Right now. They won’t be obsolete until the 18th.

Now, that isn’t to say that they might not forget to remove them on the 18th. But, until then, they still have value.

This. Take your booster and go use it. Buy something with your glory.
And if you don’t PVP and weren’t going to use it anyway, throw it away. You’re not being cheated out of anything. Either use the still valid item or trash it.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

You could try contacting Support, but I suspect they’ll tell you the same as you’ve been told here – you can still use it right up until the 18th.

And if you never play PvP then it was already useless.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Quick Mouse.7635

Quick Mouse.7635

The also still come out of black lion chests rofl…

Tactical Fury [TF] – Late NA/early OCX driver (SoS)
Spirit of Faith [HOPE] – RIP

Posted by: Nage.1520

Nage.1520

The also still come out of black lion chests rofl…

Not according to the patch notes they don’t. That was fixed with the last patch.