God Armor for Gemstore

God Armor for Gemstore

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: BlazingBoy.4172

BlazingBoy.4172

Ok so we’ve had the release of the Grenth’s Hood Skin for 500 gems, but personally I thought the release would have been better with a full set of Grenth’s armor. The hood itself looks like the model from the “Avatar of Grenth” form back on Guild Wars 1, and I don’t know about anybody else, but I thought the armor skins for the Avatar models were epic, and it would be nice to see full sets up for purchase.

These sets can also be made class specific when you think about it, or they can be for overall armor types. But here’s my suggestions. Balthazar armor for heavy armor types, Lyssa & Grenth for light armor, Melandru for medium and Dwayna could be for both Light & heavy because her armor is a form of mixture between plate and cloth, even though she’s practically a spell-caster.

I’ve attached an image of all the god models for you to see, please post your comments if you agree with me on this or disagree

Attachments:

God Armor for Gemstore

Posted by: Lankybird.8149

Lankybird.8149

I mean yeah it would be amazing. I am a slave to new armor, want new armor liek every day haha. But no really I would like to see all the Gods get armor sets released, the class specific is a good idea. As a mesmer I love mask, and hate that other people have/use them. Want more and only for me haha.

God Armor for Gemstore

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

I miss the Agent of Balthazar costume that you could wear over your armor.

Remember that this game is no longer Human centered. We got a lot of races around now that you can play. It wouldn’t make much sense for the other races to run around in Human Gods and Godess armours.

Edit: Uploaded all the old costumes you could get.

Attachments:

(edited by Farzo.8410)

God Armor for Gemstore

Posted by: BlazingBoy.4172

BlazingBoy.4172

MAking sense for other races isn’t any concern to Anet by the looks of it. The Grenth hood was already released, and it is basically grenth’s head skin for your helmet ;l can’t see why the rest of the armor would matter, if anything the face skin gives off the most symbolic representation to the gods ;l

God Armor for Gemstore

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Take all my kitten money!

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

God Armor for Gemstore

Posted by: Nat.4029

Nat.4029

I honestly think that there should be Legendary armor sets. These could be the skins for them. They wouldn’t be crafted though. They should be extremely rare drops that come from an elite dungeon area that is akin to say….“Fissure of Woe, Underworld, Domain of Anquish”

I’m honestly tired of all the best looking armor skins being sold in the Gem Store. I know the Gem Store is what keeps Anet afloat, but give us something else that will be amazing to work towards in the end-game. Running an elite dungeon area and hoping for an amazing drop is much more fun to me than grinding away materials to craft a Legendary.

Valar Morghulis

God Armor for Gemstore

Nat.4029

On another note. I really hope the Gods return sometime in the future, and content like this is what we get in from their return.

Valar Morghulis

God Armor for Gemstore

Posted by: Kobi Beef.3895

Kobi Beef.3895

I wonder how it would look on charr if they released this….probably still as horrible as every other new armor release T_T

God Armor for Gemstore

Posted by: Light.7493

Light.7493

+1 for Balthazar set

God Armor for Gemstore

Posted by: Nabuko Darayon.9645

Nabuko Darayon.9645

+1 for (insert God name) HEAVY, MEDIUM, LIGHT armor in Gem store!

~ King Arian and Isabella of [EG] ~

God Armor for Gemstore

Posted by: Cush.4063

Cush.4063

Grenth gear ftw. I will take it all.

God Armor for Gemstore

Posted by: Archmortal.1027

Archmortal.1027

I really love the models in the OP, and I would buy the hell out of the Kormir set in the second set of images if only to have that sweet, sweet hood/blindfold combo head piece. On the other hand, I’m not sure it would be appropriate given something that’s already been said, about Humans not being the focus in this game. I’m not against sets like these being released, but I think it would be more tasteful to at least come up with similarly racially important sets for the other races of Tyria first if not release them first.

God Armor for Gemstore

Posted by: A R W E N.6895

A R W E N.6895

and yet, another thing about gw1 that was awesome that we do not find in gw2.

lol…..

In a business point of view, if this is implemented in the gem store, it will yield high amount of money.

I love debate
[Kr] Dungeon Speedclear & Fractals
www.keep-running.fr

God Armor for Gemstore

It wouldn’t make much sense for the other races to run around in Human Gods and Godess armours.

-clears throat-

What about the dwayna and grenth backpiece? The grenth hood?

And the ability to wear armor pieces that derive from the culture of other races? (dungeon armors)

~Sincerely, Scissors

God Armor for Gemstore

A R W E N.6895

@Farzo.8410

Every single race in tyria is free to believe in whatever god they want. If my sylvary wants to believe in the god of qwaggans, then so be it, ill wear a qwaggan armor and show my devotion to everyone!

It’s a game after all, so who cares in a norn wears a skirt or if a human wears plant on his body. Freewill my friend freewill

I love debate
www.keep-running.fr

God Armor for Gemstore

Farzo.8410

@Farzo.8410

Every single race in tyria is free to believe in whatever god they want. If my sylvary wants to believe in the god of qwaggans, then so be it, ill wear a qwaggan armor and show my devotion to everyone!

It’s a game after all, so who cares in a norn wears a skirt or if a human wears plant on his body. Freewill my friend freewill

Your salad can believe in whatever they want, but your salad does not represent all the other vegetables.

Sylvari have their beliefs, Norn have theirs, Charr have theirs.

A Charr going ‘’CHARR HAVE NO GODS, BUT THIS HUMAN GOD ARMOR IS PWETTY’’ is pretty dumb and weird.

Similar to Norn who believe in the animal spirits. Suddenly starting to wear Human god armours.

Asura who believes in the Eternal Alchemy, now suddenly wear Human god armour.

All because it’s the latest in the store.

God Armor for Gemstore

Posted by: Lpfan.3578

Lpfan.3578

I would love God armors! I would likely feel the need to buy one of each, assuming they looked like the GW1 Dervish Elites. Dervish was my favorite profession in GW1 and I loved the avatar skills, they looked so cool!

I haven’t really wanted to buy any new armor skins lately… I mainly use my Guardian and he has Tier 3 Norn armor so I don’t want to replace it unless there’s something I really love! I don’t generally care much about gem store armor for my alts, I don’t use them a ton. These armors, made right, would have me buying the set I liked best for my Guardian and then one of each other set to put on alts! Maybe two sets on my main, if I really liked the styles for him.

However, as far as not all races believing in Human Gods goes, I agree that it would be bad. I don’t know how to make up for that without more race specific armors being made, each race having sets to represent their belief systems! Which would then keep my Norn from wearing Human God armors… but if I thought the Norn armors were good enough, I wouldn’t mind!

(edited by Lpfan.3578)

God Armor for Gemstore

A R W E N.6895

@Farzo.8410

Your salad can believe in whatever they want, but your salad does not represent all the other vegetables.

A Charr going ‘’CHARR HAVE NO GODS, BUT THIS HUMAN GOD ARMOR IS PWETTY’’ is pretty dumb and weird.

Similar to Norn who believe in the animal spirits. Suddenly starting to wear Human god armours.

If you are a boy and you wish to wear pink hello kitty outfit, who am I to say that you can’t wear that since you are a boy?

If one charr decides that he wishes to believe in a god, then who are you to stop him for doing it.

Adding such armor will not affect the lore at all, its pure cosmetic.

I love debate
www.keep-running.fr

God Armor for Gemstore

Farzo.8410

@Farzo.8410

If you are a boy and you wish to wear pink hello kitty outfit, who am I to say that you can’t wear that since you are a boy?

If one charr decides that he wishes to believe in a god, then who are you to stop him for doing it.

Adding such armor will not affect the lore at all, its pure cosmetic.

One Charr, will obviously not cause anything. But the whole playerbase will probably collect one and wear it, making it look super silly in the next hub/city we will get.

God Armor for Gemstore

A R W E N.6895

keep in mind that this game is also a business for anet after all.

I love debate
www.keep-running.fr

God Armor for Gemstore

Farzo.8410

It’s not hard to spot. Almost half their stuff every patch is added to the store.

Surprisingly, original Guild Wars barely got anything added in the store at all.

God Armor for Gemstore

Nat.4029

It’s not hard to spot. Almost half their stuff every patch is added to the store.

Surprisingly, original Guild Wars barely got anything added in the store at all.

Guild Wars also had expansions to bring income. Anet has yet to announce any type of boxed expansion. I’m sure once they do though, it’ll go in the Gem Store for 4000 gems. Whatever the price is though, they will force you to buy more gems than you need to in order to get it. They learned that from Xbox LIVE.

Valar Morghulis

God Armor for Gemstore

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Exactly as dumb and weird as the same charr deciding to go out of his way to listen to, say, Pale Tree’s mystical advice and vision, before planning a military campaign.

Oh wait…

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

God Armor for Gemstore

@Farzo.8410

Asura/charr/sylvari and norn can wear a grenth hood, wings of dwayna and an idol of grenth. So I ask again, why won’t the other races be able to wear god armor?

Besides from it being “weird” since that’s a subjective term.

~Sincerely, Scissors

God Armor for Gemstore

Farzo.8410

@Farzo.8410

Asura/charr/sylvari and norn can wear a grenth hood, wings of dwayna and an idol of grenth. So I ask again, why won’t the other races be able to wear god armor?

Besides from it being “weird” since that’s a subjective term.

It’s pretty much a why would they when they have their own beliefs. This is pretty much what happens with games/MMOs that is multi-races. Everything has to be allowed for everyone.

ArenaNet should have’ve just done what they did to the cultural armours, really. Race specific. Then adding more backpacks than just Wings of Dwayna and Idol of Grenth, really. Maybe a huge book with the College of Synergetics mark for Asuras. A big totem of Bear for Norn, etc, etc.

Stuff like that.

God Armor for Gemstore

Posted by: BardaTheHobo.9752

BardaTheHobo.9752

Ive seen a few replys about Charr and wearing God armor so I will give my 2 cents on that. The Charr accept that the Human Gods and all other races gods are real. They see them as beings of power but do not worship them or take commands from them, but instead the Charr strive to kill (for glory no doubt).

Players could make up their own reasoning for their Charr to be wearing the armor. Mockery perhaps? A challenge to combat? Maybe saying they vanquished such and such God (from a RP standpoint I guess) and wear their gear as proof.

I don’t know, maybe I am just saying that because I really like the way the Balthazar armor looks

Or like Farzo said, give races their own variants.

Dextarr Thunderfuse – Charr Engineer
Rragar Ragehammer – Charr Warrior
Achilles Adrastos – Human Warrior

God Armor for Gemstore

Posted by: Fortus.6175

Fortus.6175

I want the sylvari one, from left to right the 4th! Also the First one from left to right!

[GoM] Gate of Madness Server Elementalist|Guardian
Legendary SoloQ

God Armor for Gemstore

Posted by: Melanie.1240

Melanie.1240

Oh…The blue gem store outfit is a god? Never knew. Makes more sense now I guess. I’d love to see that planty god-thingy armor in the gem store for my Sylvari.

God Armor for Gemstore

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

You have my complete support.

I wonder myself why Anet hasn’t done this already. To be honest, I reckon they should have been skins for ascended armor – missed opportunity to make them epic.

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

God Armor for Gemstore

Posted by: Stormcrow.7513

Stormcrow.7513

+1 for new Armor skins. -1 for them only being available from the Gemstore. We need more armor that is a challenge to acquire and cool looking.

i7 3770k oc 4.5 H100i(push/pull) 8gb Corsair Dominator Asus P877V-LK
intel 335 180gb/intel 320 160gb WD 3TB Gigabyte GTX G1 970 XFX XXX750W HAF 932

God Armor for Gemstore

Farzo.8410

Oh…The blue gem store outfit is a god? Never knew. Makes more sense now I guess. I’d love to see that planty god-thingy armor in the gem store for my Sylvari.

Zodiac armor is not from a god. It’s something new completely random thing.

Zodiac weapons however, existed in original Guild Wars, and you got them from hardmode dungeons, compared to Guild Wars 2 where they apparently throw every kitten into the gem store.

God Armor for Gemstore

Posted by: baseking.7926

baseking.7926

I want a Dhuum armor.

God Armor for Gemstore

Posted by: Jahroots.6791

Jahroots.6791

Wearing a god’s armor makes perfect sense, regardless of race. It’s purely cosmetic.

You guys have any idea how many non-religious people in -real life- get tattoos of crucifixes/pentagrams/ganesh (hindu elephant god) simply because they think it looks cool?

God Armor for Gemstore

Posted by: Zeivu.3615

Zeivu.3615

More armors from the previous game in general would be loved. The gods in this game have been proven to be a lie. A Norn, Charr, an Asura, and Sylvari can use magics that are supposedly from human gods, so whatever. Point is moot.

God Armor for Gemstore

Posted by: Zanshin.5379

Zanshin.5379

Ok so we’ve had the release of the Grenth’s Hood Skin for 500 gems, but personally I thought the release would have been better with a full set of Grenth’s armor. The hood itself looks like the model from the “Avatar of Grenth” form back on Guild Wars 1, and I don’t know about anybody else, but I thought the armor skins for the Avatar models were epic, and it would be nice to see full sets up for purchase.

These sets can also be made class specific when you think about it, or they can be for overall armor types. But here’s my suggestions. Balthazar armor for heavy armor types, Lyssa & Grenth for light armor, Melandru for medium and Dwayna could be for both Light & heavy because her armor is a form of mixture between plate and cloth, even though she’s practically a spell-caster.

I’ve attached an image of all the god models for you to see, please post your comments if you agree with me on this or disagree

Design a helmet and sell it 500 gems.
OR
Design a full armor and sell it 800 gems.

Hum, I wonder which option they preffer…

God Armor for Gemstore

Posted by: Exosferatu.2961

Exosferatu.2961

Dear, Arena Net. Make this happen… and I want them all in different armor classes (Heavy, Medium, Light). Put these armor sets on Gem Store NOW!!! I DEMAND IT

God Armor for Gemstore

Posted by: Zackie.8923

Zackie.8923

come on anet, my computer screen is spoiling because i keep throwing my money at it

God Armor for Gemstore

Posted by: Light.7493

Light.7493

Need this immediately. Anet pls.
Grenth hood was already out.
Other Gods are crying