Gold Making in GW2

Gold Making in GW2

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Ceronose.6019

Ceronose.6019

Q:

So I have a question on gold making. The legendary precursors are going for at least 300 gold right now. People have secret ways of making gold in this amazing game. ArenaNet finds those secret ways and nerfs them so they can still get gold but at an extremely slow pace. ArenaNet finds every possible way of making gold and makes it so you can no longer make a nice profit from doing it. Farming the trolls is one that I noticed changed a lot. I used to get at least 5 powerful blood in a 30 minuet run. What I need to know is, is there anymore ways to make a nice profit to afford these precursors. 100% map completion can’t get you anymore gold cause your already done with it. It seems as if ArenaNet makes the only way of desent gold making is buying it from them. (that is the way I have been getting my gold). Will ArenaNet leave at least 1 way to make gold so we can have some fun in this game? I feel like if I find a good way and use it to make tons of gold then ArenaNet will ban me. And again, why would ArenaNet ban me for making gold? Isn’t that what your suppost to do when you want to make a legendary?

Gold Making in GW2

Posted by: captaincrunch.6731

captaincrunch.6731

A:

I’ve found that having 2 or 3 level 80s in orr mining orichalcum every day can be rather lucrative – and painless (takes a half hour or so).

Gold Making in GW2

Posted by: Dash.8027

Dash.8027

My secret method is purchasing Gems.

:shrug:

[Os] Guild | Engineer | Sauer | :3
| http://www.sheriffsauer.com – “Engineer Hanbook” |

Gold Making in GW2

Posted by: Tosha Daydreamer.9251

Tosha Daydreamer.9251

My secret method is making legendaries a LONG TERM GOAL.

As in: not getting one in the first year of the game. Everyone is so fixed on wanting the kitten things NAO…

Gold Making in GW2

Posted by: Ceronose.6019

Ceronose.6019

captaincrunch.6731

I find that leveling is super hard. I have 1 level 80. That 1 level 80 took me 4 weeks of constant playing to get there. I have started a new character, I think I’m going to just craft all the way but my main question is then, Which crafting professions give the most experience? How cheap is each one? And how fast can I do it?

Gold Making in GW2

Posted by: Promega.7628

Promega.7628

captaincrunch.6731

I find that leveling is super hard. I have 1 level 80. That 1 level 80 took me 4 weeks of constant playing to get there. I have started a new character, I think I’m going to just craft all the way but my main question is then, Which crafting professions give the most experience? How cheap is each one? And how fast can I do it?

You can go 1-80 in 8ish hours if you have all the mats ready. You will need to do several professions to get there. The ideal way to do it imo is to craft to 375ish in several getting your toon to around level 70 then joining the zerg in cursed shore to crush out the last xp from dynamic events in short order.

Gold Making in GW2

Promega.7628

I’ve found that having 2 or 3 level 80s in orr mining orichalcum every day can be rather lucrative – and painless (takes a half hour or so).

8 toons X minimum 11 ori spawns X minimum 3 ore per spawn X ~3.2s per ori (after15%) =

8.448 gold per day >minimum< just from orichalcum.

Gold Making in GW2

Posted by: Lenny.9301

Lenny.9301

http://gw2hub.com/features/editorials/underbelly-hacks-cheats-bots-and-exploits

Despite the look of the link title, this is an editorial from Ten Ton Hammer’s Guild Wars 2 site and not a link to an exploit/bot site. Thanks for the reports though! ~ Dalmarus

(edited by Moderator)

Gold Making in GW2

Posted by: Suddenflame.2601

Suddenflame.2601

Doing dungeon runs for AC and CM explore are quite lucrative and also give you tokens for your toons. Also you have a chance to get rares and exotics in the chests. (more likely to get blues and masterworks but oh well they add to the money)

Ranger; Warrior; Mesmer; Elementalist; Guardian; Engineer
[GWAM] and [LUST]
Mess with the best, die like the rest.

Gold Making in GW2

Posted by: azurrei.5691

azurrei.5691

8 toons X minimum 11 ori spawns X minimum 3 ore per spawn X ~3.2s per ori (after15%) =

So, spending 4 hours+ per day running around mining in Orr is the best way to make gold? Sounds like a fun way to play an MMO – spend all your time mining to be able to buy anything. This is why the gold rewards from doing in game activities (you know, the FUN stuff) needs to be drastically increased.

Gold Making in GW2

Promega.7628

@azurrei

Who said anything about 4+ hours a day. You farm what I describe in an hour-ish if you know where the spawns are.

No one said you HAD to do it…. why so hostile?

Gold Making in GW2

azurrei.5691

@ Promega – not being hostile – Although I’d like to see you farm all the orichalcum nodes on eight toons in an hour – only way to even remotely do that would be some sort of lame teleport hacks…

My point being that sure, it’s something to do on one or two 80’s for some extra gold, but I’m tired of the only ways of making reasonable amounts of gold (for time spent) is gathering for hours daily, TP flipping, gem buying with real $$, mystic forge gambling, and for a few people perhaps dumb luck on a drop.

I have no problem with people doing these things for gold, but for the other 95% of us it would be nice to be able to do DE’s, Dungeons, Story Quests, Jumping Puzzles, alt leveling, etc. and actually earn a reasonable income of gold.

Gold Making in GW2

Posted by: Jrunyon.3012

Jrunyon.3012

I have no problem with people doing these things for gold, but for the other 95% of us it would be nice to be able to do DE’s, Dungeons, Story Quests, Jumping Puzzles, alt leveling, etc. and actually earn a reasonable income of gold.

And guess what, that 300g precursor your looking at is going to skyrocket in price because now everyone has gold, did you forget about that fact? Gold is only worth its scarcity, its as simple as that. The more gold people have, the higher prices go.

Nesmee – Thief
[OHai] – Northern Shiverpeaks

Gold Making in GW2

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

My secret method is making legendaries a LONG TERM GOAL.

As in: not getting one in the first year of the game. Everyone is so fixed on wanting the kitten things NAO…

I noticed that too. I’ve already seen a sunrise and a couple of twilights (one in WvW and one in Orr). I’ve even seen a legendary longbow and the incinerator. Delayed gratification is one of the things that helps makes us human and the time and difficulty it takes to acquire an item makes it valuable. If everyone has a legendary then how impressive would they be? By Christmas maybe like half the players will have one.

Gold Making in GW2

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

So, spending 4 hours+ per day running around mining in Orr is the best way to make gold? Sounds like a fun way to play an MMO – spend all your time mining to be able to buy anything. This is why the gold rewards from doing in game activities (you know, the FUN stuff) needs to be drastically increased.

I don’t actively seek out orihalcum, but there are some elder nodes that can be a challenge to go through. Sometimes there’ll be a vet earth elemental or risen with fear and lifesteal and clean out the mobs before taking it down, and if the floor cripple thorn vines are activated in that particular region then if you have a stealth use it, it doesn’t go after invisible characters. Then, you fight your way to the other nodes, craft your rares, and salvage for your ectos.

Gold Making in GW2

Posted by: ChairGraveyard.2967

ChairGraveyard.2967

Telling someone that’s working towards a legendary to sell Orichalcum is bad advice (unless they already have the 250-500x Orichalcum Ingots needed).

Gold Making in GW2

azurrei.5691

And guess what, that 300g precursor your looking at is going to skyrocket in price because now everyone has gold, did you forget about that fact? Gold is only worth its scarcity, its as simple as that. The more gold people have, the higher prices go.

Yeah, not looking at a precursor – every single legendary is a waste of time and resources – totally not worth the effort unless it was 25% more powerful than an exotic or OMG ridiculously awesome – which none of them are – the only one remotely close is twilight/eternity.

Precursors are being price controlled by a small minority except for a few random non-bot/gold farmers that get lucky and are not going to use them – believing otherwise is being foolish and naive.

(edited by azurrei.5691)

Gold Making in GW2

Jrunyon.3012

Yeah, not looking at a precursor – every single legendary is a waste of time and resources – totally not worth the effort unless it was 25% more powerful than an exotic or OMG that is ridiculously awesome – which none of them are – the only one remotely close is twilight/eternity.

Precursors are being market controlled except for a few random non-bot/gold farmers that get lucky and are not using them – saying otherwise is being foolish.

It doesnt matter whether you’re looking at precursors or copper ore, The scarcity of gold still means a lot in how ANY item is valued. Trust me, they have people who know way more about this stuff then both you and I working on thier team. Im sure they know exactly how the economy should work in this game and as you can see by the many updates they are constantly tweaking things to make sure the game runs accordingly

Since youre not going for any legendaries since in your opinion they suck, why do you care if they are market controlled or not?

Nesmee – Thief

Gold Making in GW2

azurrei.5691

@ Jrunyon – I didn’t say they suck, I said they are not worth it to me. There is no longer a scarcity of gold – it is just unevenly distributed due to HOW it is obtained. Of course Anet knows how the economy should work more than you or I – they make sure it works so that the majority of their players have to turn to gem buying with real $$$ in order to get what they want – that is pretty obvious from both the in game reward structures and how they handle holiday items. Maybe now that players have caught on and are starting to revolt, they will actually back down on the greed in the Nov 15 update and the game will become fun again. The Mad King Dungeon was a good sign…

Gold Making in GW2

Jrunyon.3012

Your post makes no sense. Im not saying its scarce, Im saying the value of any item is controlled in part by how much gold there is in the economy. When you inject more gold into the economy through DE’s and stuff people do every day, this will cause the price of everything to go up. This is a proven fact.

And I dont understand where youre going with your gem to gold issue. Guess what, I’d say 95% of all content in this game is reasonably priced. you can have full stats exotics for <10g and be able to compete in anything with a fair chance. The other 5% is expensive because people want it and it gives people things to work for.

Seriously, whats the point in getting everything handed to you? Im glad the game doesnt work that way.

Nesmee – Thief

Gold Making in GW2

Posted by: serena smith.2734

serena smith.2734

captaincrunch.6731

Don’t do it with crafting, it’s a huge waste of money. I tried it with my atl thinking lvling weaponsmith to 400 would get me to at least 40sh but barely made it to 16, which pissed me off a lot. When the game went live and I had lvld my main to 80 the best way was by doing DE’s but when I went to those places with my atl to lvl the events where changed so I figured they just made lvling a pain now.

When the wind is so strong that you almost can hear a whisper calling your name..
This is your calling, to The battle of your life.