Gold Sellers

Gold Sellers

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: exelios.9472

exelios.9472

Hello everyone, this is my first GW2 forum post. Although I bought the game almost two years ago but I never had the urge to actually play it until recently. I love the game in here; the community is nice, things are fun, there are some game flaws -but hey all games are good at things and bad at other things-.

However the reason I’m writing this post is the sudden and strange appearance of GOLD SELLERS in a Buy-to-Play game. I’m familiar with the fact that most games now have gold sellers and most people -in GW2- advised me to just ignore/block the sellers and pretend that they never existed. However, this just doesn’t quite cut it for me. I have filed several reports against these gold sellers. I understand that some people will see this post as another “QQ” post about a guy who just can’t live with everyday’s events in most MMORPG games. But some of the reason that people tend to leave other games is that they get bored, frustrated or just feel the urge to try something new.

First, I hope we all agree that gold is kinda hard to get in a game like GW2 and it’s kinda frustrating when you see another player who just started playing yesterday and bought some gold from a gold seller buying the items or enjoying the different aspects of the game just because he spent some more money. I don’t mind spending money, but I do mind when it makes the game, I love, unbalanced. Because, basically, the guy who buys gold from a gold seller can now have gems as well via the exchange system and he can now buy some cool exotic items in no time and even upgrade them. He can even get his full ascended gear in no time thanks to the tons of gold he will probably have. All these things eliminate the game’s fun aspect and make it more like a “pay-to-win” kinda game. I know we have a very nice PVP system where items doesn’t matter but I think this doesn’t quite cut it.

Some friends said that there is nothing that can be done regarding these gold sellers as the more they ban the more there will be. It sounded very frustrating to me to the point that made me kinda accept the fact the GW2 is now turning into some other nice-looking, pay-to-win game. So I wrote this post wondering if the option of IP banning these gold sellers might work. Because I have recently quit every game that turned into f2p because it turns into p2w. I hope that someone sees this post and actually escalate the matter so that we could enjoy a nice gaming experience without being bothered by over-coined players or noobs running around with tons of gold and ripping the game off so many challenging aspects such as getting the best gear and buying some nice looking shop items….etc.

Gold Sellers

Posted by: ZoiN.4280

ZoiN.4280

I was actually only plauge by gold sellers at the release of the game, I haven’t recieved a single a mail ever since.

There seems to be some sort of thing that they are doing right, as to me they are non-existant, that is not to say that they aren’t here, but they are certainly taking steps towards removing and otherwise locking these accounts (they are most likely other players stolen accounts as well)

Not sure whether or not you are being litterally spammed by these people, but as long as you report these accounts then rest assured that steps are certainly also going to be taken towards them.

And you will most likely, like me also (hopefully anyway) see that within not to long that you won’t be getting any more gold seller spam attempts

Gold Sellers

Posted by: Sonja Teh Trapper.7012

Sonja Teh Trapper.7012

gold seller have been there since the start of it anet knows about it
an they do the best that they can to stop those
report it by sumbitting a a comment in the support
i hope this helps you out by answering your question

Gold Sellers

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Gold sellers use hacked accounts. Anet bans one, gold sellers steal another. So it goes. I had my guild wars 1 account hacked by gold sellers.

Not much anyone can do about them, but block, and report.

Gold Sellers

exelios.9472

Can’t we IP ban these people?

Gold Sellers

Vayne.8563

Pretty sure most of them wouldn’t have fixed IPs anyway.

Gold Sellers

Posted by: tolunart.2095

tolunart.2095

If the solution to the problem was that simple, the companies running the games would already do it. If you can think of it, chances are pretty good that it was already tried and that the gold sellers have a way around it.

Gold Sellers

Posted by: DJRiful.3749

DJRiful.3749

Gold sellers use hacked accounts. Anet bans one, gold sellers steal another. So it goes. I had my guild wars 1 account hacked by gold sellers.

I don’t think it is hacked.

Each account are listed:

gsdg.xxxx
gegs.xxxx
qqgf.xxxx
qgiq.xxxx

Those are not actual player accounts.

Stormïe ~ Tarnished Coast | My little monster <3 – http://valid.canardpc.com/6nbdeq

Gold Sellers

Vayne.8563

I don’t think it is hacked.

Each account are listed:

gsdg.xxxx
gegs.xxxx
qqgf.xxxx
qgiq.xxxx

Those are not actual player accounts.

I know I was hacked by gold sellers, because Anet told me, back in Guild Wars 1 that I was hacked by gold sellers. That’s how I know gold sellers hacked accounts. My hacked account was being used to sell gold. It wasn’t a guess on my part.

Gold Sellers

exelios.9472

If the solution to the problem was that simple, the companies running the games would already do it. If you can think of it, chances are pretty good that it was already tried and that the gold sellers have a way around it.

I never said it was “that” simple, I just had an idea in my mind and decided to share it and besides I only wanted to help maintain that the game remains fair and playable.

Gold Sellers

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

What boggles me is that people buy gold from these jerks. If you want it to get gems, you can just buy the gems directly. If you want it for in game items, you can buy gems and convert them to gold, legitimately, without risking account bans, viruses, and much greater losses than the price difference between the sellers and the gem store.

I mean, I’m assuming the jerks are undercutting gem store prices, because they’d have to, wouldn’t they? Or how would they attract idiot customers?

Gold Sellers

Posted by: Ignavia.7420

Ignavia.7420

Here’s what you should do:
1. Rightclick on character
2. Report for goldselling
3. Block

Usually they are out of the game pretty quickly. If you are constantly getting whispered by them, you can also change your presence status to “invisible” so that nobody can whisper you anymore.

I also don’t understand why you find this “pay to win”. Nobody is forced to buy gold from them (don’t get me wrong there, nobody is allowed to buy gold from them anyway and is either risking getting hacked or banned). Furthermore you can also trade gems to gold using official means and it’s not like there aren’t any ingame methods to get gold.

Gold Sellers

Posted by: Cuddy.6247

Cuddy.6247

I mean, I’m assuming the jerks are undercutting gem store prices, because they’d have to, wouldn’t they? Or how would they attract idiot customers?

There are some prices I’ve seen that don’t, it’s ludicrous. $500 for a Legendary or…$500 for a Legendary. It’s mind-boggling.

Gold Sellers

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

I haven’t had any for some time. Then I make a new char today and before I leave the story instance I get 4 in a row. I don’t recall seeing other chars in that instance and it really made me wonder if they have a program that lets them see level 1 characters.

One looked like a hacked account but the other 3 were obvious gold seller accounts with alphabet soup account names.

Gold Sellers

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I’m not sure how you can tell that people with shinies got them from Gold-sellers, thus making the game ‘unfair’. Unless this ‘new guy’ is admitting he bought Gold from a Gold-seller, you could assume the person just exchanged Gems for Gold. If they are broadcasting that they used nefarious means to get Gold, then report them.

Gold-sellers never last more than a day on my blocked list; I don’t understand why the ones you report aren’t disappearing, as well. Maybe some anomaly with your /report system.

I temporarily turn off my whisper chat when circumstances like Gold-sellers occur, the bouts of them around never seem to last long, though. I’ve only encountered a rash of them 3 (could be a couple more, and I’ve just forgotten) times since launch, I believe. Usually, it’s during a free trial or a great sale.

Anyhoooo…this thread will soon be deleted or, at best, closed, as it breaks the Forum’s rules.

Good luck.

Oh, and lots of Accounts are hacked by Gold-sellers, so IP-ban would not be good. You can read about them over in Account Issues. There were loads a month or so, ago. Remember, not all the hacked accounts are used to advertise, some are used as bots or just to strip. Dang Gold-sellers.

(edited by Inculpatus cedo.9234)

Gold Sellers

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

As long as people buy gold from them, they will find a way around anything a company does to stop them.

Enough people are buying gold from them to make it worth their while to buy new accounts and hack other people’s accounts (high likely hood of the accounts coming from former clients).

Gold Sellers

tolunart.2095

I never said it was “that” simple, I just had an idea in my mind and decided to share it and besides I only wanted to help maintain that the game remains fair and playable.

It’s kind of like coming upon a discussion about highway safety and saying “here’s an idea, don’t drive so fast.” It’s the starting point, not the end of the discussion.

Gold Sellers

tolunart.2095

What boggles me is that people buy gold from these jerks. If you want it to get gems, you can just buy the gems directly. If you want it for in game items, you can buy gems and convert them to gold, legitimately, without risking account bans, viruses, and much greater losses than the price difference between the sellers and the gem store.

It’s mostly because MMOs have grown in popularity over the years. Those who have been around a while know that these sellers can’t be trusted, but every day there are people who have never ventured into an online game environment before. Either they don’t know that it’s against the rules or they don’t care.

Sure, it’s cheaper than buying gems, until your credit card gets stolen and used to buy dozens of dummy accounts or your own account gets taken over and turned into a farmbot.

Gold Sellers

Posted by: Zavve.8205

Zavve.8205

I get spammed everyday regardless of how many i block and report. I have just gotten used to it at this point.

Gold Sellers

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

I dont remember getting a whisper, message or map chat from gold sellers for over a month.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Gold Sellers

Posted by: FrostSpectre.4198

FrostSpectre.4198

I think the websites used by goldsellers pose a security risk, installing harmful programs to access the visitors’ computer.

Well, like catching a criminal: “See it, report it”
Except more like this “See it, report it then block it”

Well, the buyer might be a “idiot who think it’s his/her given right to buy success with money”, so they might also use 3rd party programs, depending how much worse they are…

I’m a casual PvE adventurer, I enjoy combat, adventure and helping, but not farming.
I rarely do PvP or Hard PvE, unless it’s organized.

Gold Sellers

Posted by: Moderator.7502

Moderator.7502

Discussions of gold selling, in-game abuse, hacking, exploiting, and the like are not allowed on the forums. If you feel a player is abusive in-game, please report them using the in-game ticketing system so our Customer Support team can properly investigate the issue and take any appropriate action.