Gold Spammers Private Messaging

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: FatalKiwi.6794

FatalKiwi.6794

Forgive me if there is another thread about this, I did use search but it showed nothing for me. I am fairly unaccustomed to these forums so I’m not even sure this is the right place :\

I logged into game this evening only to be met instantly with what it written in the attached screenshot. It seems it’s getting ever increasing, my block list is made entirely of these gold spammers. I’ve reported them as I’ve been encountering them but surely something is being done to counter them?

Attachments:

Posted by: blackoil.2673

blackoil.2673

Yea, these last days i’m getting tons of them.
Also i think they use some kind of hack… how it’s possible to write such a long message? isn’t there a limit on number of characters?

Also another thing that surprises me is that if they’re gold sellers, how come they don’t put any website? If you took it off from the picture I really understand it (bc you’re posting here in the forums), but I swear that all the PMs I’m getting is all “XXX gold for XXX USD blablablablabla” and no reference to any website all. For me it’s really strange.

[now don’t missunderstand… i know that gold selling / buying is against the ToS or whatever GW2 rules, and I will not break these rules (i can’t just trash all the hours and money alredy spent in this game with a permaban!) but it just surprises me they don’t say where do they come from….]

Posted by: KICKER.3874

KICKER.3874

this just shows anet is actually doing something

that message used to contain a site, written in bold, and now anet found a way to block it probably

just keep reporting to help them deal with this

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

It does look like ArenaNet is filtering the messages now. Good on them for responding to this issue. =)

Posted by: Ayane Hajinmon.9165

Ayane Hajinmon.9165

i got them everyday too

(edited by Ayane Hajinmon.9165)

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

i thought FatalKiwi.6794 just erased the website name because he/she didnt want to advertise for them more…

which doesn matter anymore now because Ayane put it on with a visible website name^^

but… i think by now everyone has gotten one of these…

i always play a game with my friends who got more of these messages per day xD

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

Orangensaft.7139

need to test if it still works:

I AM A GOLD SPAMMER. PLEASE REPORT ME BY PRESSING THE REPORT FLAG ICON IN THE BOTTOM RIGHT OF THIS POST!

edit: do NOT report me xD

26x lvl 80 Characters

(edited by Orangensaft.7139)

Orangensaft.7139

HAHA it does xDD

if you try to write P. V .P B A N K just normal without space and without fullstops there will always be that “I AM A GOLD SPAMMER….” message xDDD

26x lvl 80 Characters

Posted by: tomlin.8204

tomlin.8204

block and report… they can sit there with AARM and their incessant begging-for-members guild.

Have faith in anet on this one. every few months they put the foot down on bots and scammers and then we don’t see them again for ages.

“meta” this, “meta” that. Please stop saying the word “meta”.

Posted by: AliceKaye.1903

AliceKaye.1903

The last week or so I’ve been plagued by these every time I log in. I get at least 5 per play period (several hours) and honestly, it’s fairly annoying at this point but I’m just waiting out for this round of jerkwads to get banned, again.

Arcanist Norri | Ceirynn | Darbii | Emlyn | Nyssi | Teltiu
Alice Kaye’s Twitter

Posted by: Ayane Hajinmon.9165

Ayane Hajinmon.9165

i thought FatalKiwi.6794 just erased the website name because he/she didnt want to advertise for them more…

which doesn matter anymore now because Ayane put it on with a visible website name^^

oh i didnt think of that x.x
i tried to delete my attachment but its still showing on my screen…i just hope i dont get ban for obsessive reporting 4-6 times a day

Orangensaft.7139

oh i didnt think of that x.x
i tried to delete my attachment but its still showing on my screen…i just hope i dont get ban for obsessive reporting 4-6 times a day

screenshot is gone for me
dont worry

26x lvl 80 Characters

Posted by: Quizotic.2815

Quizotic.2815

i actually have only gotten 1 or 2 in the last week or so. and actually i got a good laugh the other night when one hit me up in wvw advertising wow gold >.<

Posted by: Chaialyna.1023

Chaialyna.1023

I’ve gotten the same message. Know what confuses me? To what “100 Handwork Guaranteed” could they possibly be referring?

On second thought, I don’t want to know. Yeesh.

Alts-R-Us ~ All professions at 80 ~ Still leveling characters.
Main? What “main”? I play all of them sooner or later.

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

I’ve gotten the same message. Know what confuses me? To what “100 Handwork Guaranteed” could they possibly be referring?

On second thought, I don’t want to know. Yeesh.

I’m assuming the “mysterious gift” is a combo pack Compromised Email/GW2Account deal.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

Posted by: FatalKiwi.6794

FatalKiwi.6794

A further point I’ve noticed is when I add them to my block list it obviously shows where they are. I had 4 yesterday online in ‘Fighting the Nightmare’ and only 1 in Lions Arch so I wondered over to LA to take a peek, eventually finding them and they are Sylvari too.

Any ideas why this would be? Or am I just paying too much attention to this annoyance? >_<

Posted by: Meluna.1764

Meluna.1764

What confuses me most is… who is actually taking their offers? You can buy gems legit without loosing your account so why would anyone in their right mind buy from gold spammers that ruin the economy and risk getting scammed or banned? Are there this many people who are so utterly stupid?

Orangensaft.7139

What confuses me most is… who is actually taking their offers? You can buy gems legit without loosing your account so why would anyone in their right mind buy from gold spammers that ruin the economy and risk getting scammed or banned? Are there this many people who are so utterly stupid?

cause you get roughly 3x more gold for the same money from illegal gold sellers

26x lvl 80 Characters

(edited by Orangensaft.7139)

Posted by: Meluna.1764

Meluna.1764

cause you get roughly 4x more gold for the same money from illegal gold sellers

And that totally outweighs getting your account stolen from said gold sellers?

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

Instead of complaining to the Anet, why not complain about the people who buy gold from these companies? They’re the ones who encourage companies to spam every player in the game with unsolicited mail.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I’m not sure about gold sellers but I know with bots they usually wait until they’ve found a whole bunch using the same methods and then block them all at once, to reduce the risk of the ‘survivors’ figuring out how the others were caught and countering it.

So it might be that they’re waiting to collect more before they ban the ones you’ve reported.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”