Gold reward rework.

Gold reward rework.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: tim.1280

tim.1280

Something that was mentioned in an interview snagged the edge of my mind and didn’t seem entirely true to me.

Basically what was said was
" you don’t need to grind, you can do fun stuff for gold."

Imo, if anet staff want to make this statement, they have to stay true to it in the game.

The only sufficient gold reward I see in game, comes from dungeons or meta events and unfortunately, I’m not a big fan.

I wanted to make a suggestion for some areas that need a gold reward rework.

Wvw
-can come in the rank up chests. (buff from ~ 20 silver to ~ 75 silver)

Fractals
- I think this gold reward should increase by tier (1g for 1-10 and 5g for 50)

Open world/Exploration
- reward here is so minimal it’s not worth doing if one isn’t appealed by legendaries. Maybe a buff for gold reward for events or exploration chests?

Pvp
-A gold reward for finishing a tier of rewards as well as the original reward eg. Cof tier reward = arm or box + 5g

I understand that buffing gold rewards increases inflation. Perhaps the game is in need of more gold sinks.

I think a new t4 cultural tier of armor would be cool.

Maybe a merchant similar to the lunar New year merchant who could sell useful different things every day but only one buy per account.

I know the xpac is being released soon but please, do make it easier for people who focus on other areas of the game (besides dungeons) to enjoy crafting end game aesthetics/gear

Thank you for reading. Suggestions welcome.

Gold reward rework.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

You do anything in the game except chatting, you get stuff, including just logging in. That stuff can be sold on the TP or to vendors, for which you get coin, i.e. gold. That coin can be spent on the stuff you really want.

That’s what ANet staff are saying: you don’t have to grind for specific items typically.

Obviously, playing more often or more efficiently also matters, but they aren’t saying that every thing you do is going to get you lots of gold.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Gold reward rework.

Posted by: Arkinos.7245

Arkinos.7245

You do anything in the game except chatting, you get stuff, including just logging in. That stuff can be sold on the TP or to vendors, for which you get coin, i.e. gold. That coin can be spent on the stuff you really want.

That’s what ANet staff are saying: you don’t have to grind for specific items typically.

Obviously, playing more often or more efficiently also matters, but they aren’t saying that every thing you do is going to get you lots of gold.

Actually, with the exception of basic named Exotics (like Bonettis Rapier and similar stuff) and the Legendaries, everything is locked behind specific conditions.

Want a Dungeon weapon? You must run the dungeon.
Want a Fractal weapon? you must run high level fractals like crazy and pray to the rng gods you get the right one.
Want a specific ascended item? Run a few thousand fractals and pray for the right chest or level your crafting and make it yourself.
Carapace and Luminiscent armor is locked behind story content.

To be honest: outside of basic skins “Iron Hammer” and their recolors for higher levels of crafting/different materials, the vast majority of all skins is tied into specific activities.

Gold reward rework.

Posted by: Lifestealer.4910

Lifestealer.4910

The statement “do fun stuff for gold” is cringe worthy at best. What fun stuff?.. grinding in silverwaste?.. grinding dungeons?

Yeah sooo fun, I really wish there is a resident sleeper emote to use on the forum.

Gold reward rework.

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

It would not hurt anything if we received more than 2 silver for hearts at higher levels. The price increase for heart completion is really ridiculously low. At level 70-80, hearts should be awarding somewhere around a gold each.

Gold reward rework.

Posted by: Killface.1896

Killface.1896

Making gold is so easy,even from WvW give you good gold gain if you good and are farming the other players ;D

Gold reward rework.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

The primary means to acquire gold in GW2 is by selling mats on the trading post that one gets as drops or by salvaging drops. The “new” gold introduced into the system via hearts, dungeons, etc. seems more than sufficient to fuel the buying and selling on the TP. If you’re expecting to maximize your gold via “new” gold acquisition, you’re doing it wrong.

Gold reward rework.

Posted by: serenke.4806

serenke.4806

Yaaay, more gold influx so that inflation can go wild! Good idea.

Gold reward rework.

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

I’m afraid I have to agree if they wish to keep this game TPcentric as it is and continue to keep key materials under the heel of RNG/DR like they are doing, the very least they could do is increase the currency rewards for gameplay!

Attachments:

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Gold reward rework.

tigirius.9014

Hate to be the one to inform you of this little tidbit but uhhhhh yeah, it’s already gone wild. Might wanna login sometime

Attachments:

Gold reward rework.

Posted by: Tachyon.5897

Tachyon.5897

I killed a Lv. 80 Veteran Drake and got 80c and an axe. What was a drake doing carrying money and a weapon around?

Gold reward rework.

tim.1280

Making gold is so easy,even from WvW give you good gold gain if you good and are farming the other players ;D

You get rares and lootbags. I opened 50 heavy wvw lootbags the other day and got an overwhelming 2 t6 mats. I made about 1g for the hour I farmed.

I really don’t care if you get champ bags here or free login rewards there, that you can sell on the tp…

My main point is that the dungeon gold reward is significantly higher than any other aspect ( whilst getting weps/armor/mats and champ bags, but at the same time it is not particularly any harder and by far quicker. I just think it needs a buff in other areas.

Gold reward rework.

Posted by: Akagami.9861

Akagami.9861

sure put more gold into the circulations, so precursor prices can sky rocket even more.

What people have to realize is that If there is more gold in the game, items on TP WILL BE MORE EXPENSIVE. It doesn’t mean that you will make 900g faster for that precursor, it will mean that the prec will now be 3000g and it will take the same amount of time to get it.

More in game gold = prices skyrocket in TP.

This is also why you can’t really farm anything specific in this game, and why farming as it is is painfull and at time not rewarding. If there would be a easy way to aquite gold, it would just mean the TP Prices will go Up Up Up Up Up in the sky…with white wings that are not avaible BL

Gold reward rework.

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

WvW rank up rewards need to be fixed in general

Who wants a random chance for 2 blues, 2 greens, the occassional rare and the stupidly low chance exotic, ascended (anything but trinkets).

There really should be a sense of progression

every x level should be the junk items
every x+5 should be a guaranteed rare or better

Anything to that effect, and yes greatly increase the gold from leveling to atleast incentivize playing the map so people can earn gold while upgrading their stuff and not feel punished for doing so even if it should be lost.

Gold reward rework.

serenke.4806

Hate to be the one to inform you of this little tidbit but uhhhhh yeah, it’s already gone wild. Might wanna login sometime

I hate to inform you but i am logging in every day and inflation isn’t running wild at all.

Gold reward rework.

Posted by: Rasimir.6239

Rasimir.6239

The only sufficient gold reward I see in game, comes from dungeons or meta events and unfortunately, I’m not a big fan.

I’m not sure what you’re doing outside of dungeons and meta events, but I do have a steady cash flow while having fun in game.

While I’m exploring the world (either on leveling alts or on those 80s still into map exploration), I can harvest a good amount of crafting material, especially on the mid-level maps, gather lots of different equipment (for salvaging) and loot bags from the foes I meet, gain a handfull of skillpoints (that will give me something worthwhile at the mystic forge once I’ve got all of that character’s utilities unlocked), get story rewards from personal story that have a good chance of containing dyes or other interesting resources, and so on.

I’ve easily gathered all the materials and most of the gold for my legendary of choice (including buying the precursor on the tp) while having fun. No grind involved. The only thing actually keeping me from crafting that legendary is my habit of wasting my gold on gems to unlock even more character slots every time I really get close to buying the precursor .

What are the areas of the game that you find fun? I’m having a hard time of thinking of anything that doesn’t let you gather gold on the side.

Gold reward rework.

Posted by: Akagami.9861

Akagami.9861

#Rasimir, it’s not that there are no ways of having constant cashflow, most people just want a huge amount of gold in a short amount of time. I for one have fun even while chestfarming in SW. And when i get bored there I run World Bosses, Dungeons, Fractals…there is always something else to do when you get bored of certain things.

The game doesn’t tell you : “Here, this is how you can make money, now go farm this thing only until you die” … every aspect of the game gives gold, if you know how to take advantage of it. Leveling alts is also great, you already know the story, and the maps, now you take time and actually gather everything….Mats=Money

Gold reward rework.

tim.1280

I’m not sure what you’re doing outside of dungeons and meta events, but I do have a steady cash flow while having fun in game.

While I’m exploring the world (either on leveling alts or on those 80s still into map exploration), I can harvest a good amount of crafting material, especially on the mid-level maps, gather lots of different equipment (for salvaging) and loot bags from the foes I meet, gain a handfull of skillpoints (that will give me something worthwhile at the mystic forge once I’ve got all of that character’s utilities unlocked), get story rewards from personal story that have a good chance of containing dyes or other interesting resources, and so on.

I’ve easily gathered all the materials and most of the gold for my legendary of choice (including buying the precursor on the tp) while having fun. No grind involved. The only thing actually keeping me from crafting that legendary is my habit of wasting my gold on gems to unlock even more character slots every time I really get close to buying the precursor .

What are the areas of the game that you find fun? I’m having a hard time of thinking of anything that doesn’t let you gather gold on the side.

Yup your point is extremely valid and I can’t deny that I do get loot from every aspect of the game. I like doing everything in game but I honestly dislike the grouping system in dungeons. People rage if I make mistakes or do something wrong and my self esteem is low so I avoid them.

But,
the fact is that the gold reward for dungeons is significantly higher. If I decide to do a day of dungeons I can make more money than I would doing maybe 2-3 days of wvw. Especially If I am scouting / roaming. Same goes for exploration or PvP.

And to the person complaining about inflation you clearly didn’t read the whole OP. I don’t wish for any changes in gold rewards to take place UNLESS there are some more gold sinks in place.

Gold reward rework.

serenke.4806

Oh, i’ve read it but no, the game has enough gold sinks as it is.
The thing is, you don’t need to do dungeons (which seems to be the one thing you dislike) to get gold. Just because dungeons are a good and fairly reliable source of income does not mean you cannot accumulate gold by doing other things you like.

Sure, it will take more time maybe, but remember that buying/selling on the tp is still the best gold-making procedure even though i personally find that boring.

Just play what you enjoy playing and have fun while getting gold and let dungeon runners have their fun and gold.

Gold reward rework.

Posted by: Vukorep.3081

Vukorep.3081

i remember the first time i found the meta event with udhir centaur guy in the harathi hinterlands (the one with the trait)

I got sooooo much centaur bags that i would get an easy 60-70S by instantly selling them on tp + the other stuff and rares i would get, makes it a easy and fun +1 gold in my pocket…

Also a few days ago i made a " make a new character with 5 silver in his pocket" thing and before he got lvl 18 he had over 60 silver….

Gold reward rework.

Posted by: tfcgeneralkmk.9508

tfcgeneralkmk.9508

Yup your point is extremely valid and I can’t deny that I do get loot from every aspect of the game. I like doing everything in game but I honestly dislike the grouping system in dungeons. People rage if I make mistakes or do something wrong and my self esteem is low so I avoid them.

But,
the fact is that the gold reward for dungeons is significantly higher. If I decide to do a day of dungeons I can make more money than I would doing maybe 2-3 days of wvw. Especially If I am scouting / roaming. Same goes for exploration or PvP.

And to the person complaining about inflation you clearly didn’t read the whole OP. I don’t wish for any changes in gold rewards to take place UNLESS there are some more gold sinks in place.

you should find yourself a good guild doing so alleviated that problem for me at least

Gold reward rework.

Posted by: Devata.6589

Devata.6589

That sounds boring. And I would like to hunt for specific items. Sadly that’s not an option for about 90% of the items, so then grinding gold is the only option left.

Just playing is never going to be enough if you like to get many of those items, also because those who do grind make the prices go up to high for those who don’t.

Oow and just for the record. “That’s what ANet staff are saying: you don’t have to grind for specific items typically.” that is not true. They simply talked about their ‘no-grind-philosophy’ and in a recent thread Colin explained what they did mean with that. Basically there are multiple ways to get an item and / or the items was not ‘required’. Whatever that might be.

Gold reward rework.

tigirius.9014

You get rares and lootbags. I opened 50 heavy wvw lootbags the other day and got an overwhelming 2 t6 mats. I made about 1g for the hour I farmed.

I really don’t care if you get champ bags here or free login rewards there, that you can sell on the tp…

My main point is that the dungeon gold reward is significantly higher than any other aspect ( whilst getting weps/armor/mats and champ bags, but at the same time it is not particularly any harder and by far quicker. I just think it needs a buff in other areas.

And don’t get me started on how Karma has all but become completely useless in the game on top of the low low gold rewards. Is it any wonder why people with that unlucky account bug get mad and leave the game?! Seriously, it should be no mystery but we’ll continue to hear from the “world poverty doesn’t exist because I have a couple of bucks in my pocket” crowd. Basically this is the equivalent of working without pay.

Gold reward rework.

Posted by: eisberg.2379

eisberg.2379

Introducing more gold into the economy would just make prices rise even higher, and making the “time to grind” about the same anyways, if not longer.

Gold reward rework.

Posted by: Dasenthal.6520

Dasenthal.6520

The OP is right though…
I can make money doing whatever I want in game, because I can sell mats, rates, etc.
However in general gold comes from dungeons and world bosses, not necessarily for individuals but for the general economy.
I can spend days in wvw solo roaming and I have to rank up 10 times to match the guy who button mashed teq. On the same note: I have to play 20 rounds in PvP to match teq.
20 minutes to create 2 gold versus (10 minute rounds X 20= 200 minutes, or 3.3 hours)
I think that’s what the OP is trying to focus on not necessarily the fact that in those 3 hours I could’ve gotten a shiny out of the champ bags or free exotics that are worth more than the 2g.

“A conquered people will always resist you,
Edair. But allies-allies will fight by your side”~Cobiah Mariner

Gold reward rework.

tim.1280

I guess it’s seen as insignificant and not a problem seeing as a huge portion of the population seem to enjoy running dungeons….