Gold seller solution mayhaps ?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: ZoiN.4280

ZoiN.4280

well I’ve been thinking, since I believe I have only seen this done once or so, like ever – isn’ kitten possible to make an algorythm which otherwise detects these gold seller sites, and then filter the website out with “kitten” or stars for that matter ?

I know it won’t solve the spamming, but atleast people won’t get the website that they are spamming for ?

Posted by: Promega.7628

Promega.7628

Stop player-player item/gold transactions. Problem solved. You have a tp no need for mail.

Posted by: AesirValkyr.7418

AesirValkyr.7418

player to player item and gold transactions are just fine. Its how my guild helps each other out with found items or favored dye color types.

There should be a filter you can enable to only allow mail from guildies/friends list people.

Posted by: Kirito.3591

Kirito.3591

Stop player-player item/gold transactions. Problem solved. You have a tp no need for mail.

While that’s an interesting idea, there are other consequences that you haven’t thought of. For example, this would cause problems for people trying to help friends get started and what not.

player to player item and gold transactions are just fine. Its how my guild helps each other out with found items or favored dye color types.

There should be a filter you can enable to only allow mail from guildies/friends list people.

I do like this idea, though I would maybe combine this and the previous idea suggested.
Allow mail to non-friends/guildies but restrict item/gold sending to friends/guildies only.

The only problem, that I can see atm, with this idea is that what’s to keep the gold sellers from just having the “customer” friend the person giving the gold and then unfriending after the gold has been sent?

(edited by Kirito.3591)

Posted by: Salamol.7963

Salamol.7963

Are you serious? There are no words.

Follow me: @Salamolign
Mist Angels [Mist] – Piken Square

Posted by: Jestunhi.7429

Jestunhi.7429

Worst idea ever, no need to keep posting it in different threads.

This is a multiplayer game. I interact with other players. I send loot to people, lend gold when people need it, etc.

There’s plenty of need for trading outside of the TP.

SoE have finally been knocked off the top spot
in the list of developers I have the least faith & trust in.
Congratulations ArenaNet!

Posted by: Kana.6793

Kana.6793

If they can track people who buy the gold I would like Dhuum to yell “do not buy from goldsellers” and ban them. The more you can try to put off the people who buy from the kitten gold sellers in the first place, the better.

Filtering links out would probably help, at least for a while. They do tend to get creative though. On WoW I’ve seen gold spam spelled out in dead low level orcs on the ground in Orgrimmar.

Posted by: CC Dalmarus.8397

CC Dalmarus.8397

Community Coordinator

We have a number of things in the works to help deal with gold sellers. In the meantime, please continue to report all you find. Thanks!