Gold sellers - Grrrrr

Gold sellers - Grrrrr

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Phantax.1369

Phantax.1369

Just weeks into launch and already gold sellers are spamming chat. At least Its like that in Divinity and Black Citadel (assuming same in others)

Its getting to the point you cant hold a conversation with other players due to the constant spamming. and Yes Im aware there is a ‘block’ function. BUT !… thats like turning up your car radio when the engine makes strange noises.. It doesnt fix the problem, it just hides it !

Also, plz give us the option to state “gold selling” once we report the person !

Thanks

We’re not retreating… we’re advancing in a different direction !
Money can’t buy happiness, But it allows you to search in more places to find it !

(edited by Moderator)

Gold sellers - Grrrrr

Posted by: Vargs.6234

Vargs.6234

Turning off map chat was already a good idea. Now it’s even better.

Gold sellers - Grrrrr

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

I consider the spam e-mails (in game) worse.

Gold sellers - Grrrrr

Posted by: eisberg.2379

eisberg.2379

Gold selling is a $4 Billion per year industry, and every MMO has them, not really sure they can ever get rid of the problem.

Gold sellers - Grrrrr

Posted by: Runar.1342

Runar.1342

I consider the spam e-mails (in game) worse.

Yes so do I. It’s now been 100% that when ever I login (after not playing for a day or two), my in game mail has minimum of 2 gold selling spam messages in my inbox.

Honestly, it’s only been a couple weeks since launch but I’m already sick enough of this gold selling spam stuff to not want to bother playing GW2 anymore.

Gold sellers - Grrrrr

Posted by: Nyxx.8316

Nyxx.8316

Also, plz give us the option to state “gold selling” once we report the person !

Thanks

This I agree with. I don’t know what to classify gold selling as… is it spam? That’s what I’ve been calling it when I see it in chat and receive it in my mail.

Also- is anyone else receiving it in their in game mail? I thought it was odd to see it there…

EDIT- Answered by Algreg while I was typing. Thanks!

Gold sellers - Grrrrr

Posted by: Runar.1342

Runar.1342

They don’t have to get rid of them, they CAN give us tools that would allow us to block them perfectly fine, block them out of the chat by user maintained chat filters like the chat mod that somebody created for WOW many years ago, and Anet could also do a user maintained filter system for the ingame mail as well so that those messages are removed if they contain any of the words that the user has inputed to block.

There are many ways to deal with this, but I have a sinking feeling that Anet is no different than Blizzard in this regard, they’l keep banning offenders but never be proactive to stop this, only thing they’ll be is reactive after we’ve already been spammed.

Gold sellers - Grrrrr

Posted by: Pandemoniac.4739

Pandemoniac.4739

Block fixes the problem of you not being able to have a conversation with other players. I think you don’t really grasp how difficult it is to counter the gold farmers. There is a lot of money in play, and I guarantee you that the spam you see now is a drop in the bucket compared to what you would see if Arena Net wasn’t actively working against them.

Report them, block them, and then be patient. Just from my experience trying to keep the spammers off of a company forum I moderated where there wasn’t millions of dollars to be made by spamming, I can’t imagine what the ANet folks are going through.

If you want to exhort someone to fix the problem, rail against the morons that buy stuff from the gold farmers instead of using the gem store. If there was no market for their services, the spammers wouldn’t bother.

Don’t ever think you know what’s right for the other person.
He might start thinking he knows what’s right for you.
—Paul Williams

Gold sellers - Grrrrr

Posted by: Phantax.1369

Phantax.1369

I agree, the email spam is almost as bad. have to say Ive never experienced that in any other game until now.
Simple fact, if any character is found to be gold selling, close their account immediately. Hopefully at least some of the sellers will quit once they have to keep purchasing new accounts.
This needs to be addressed NOW and acted on quickly !

We’re not retreating… we’re advancing in a different direction !
Money can’t buy happiness, But it allows you to search in more places to find it !

Gold sellers - Grrrrr

Posted by: Vargs.6234

Vargs.6234

I agree, the email spam is almost as bad. have to say Ive never experienced that in any other game until now.
Simple fact, if any character is found to be gold selling, close their account immediately. Hopefully at least some of the sellers will quit once they have to keep purchasing new accounts.
This needs to be addressed NOW and acted on quickly !

I really doubt they’re purchasing new accounts so much as they are stealing accounts, vendoring everything and offloading all of that person’s money, and then using that account to spam and/or bot until it gets banned.

Gold sellers - Grrrrr

Posted by: Moderator.6837

Moderator.6837

Hello,

The forum is not an appropriate place for that kind of issue, please contact our customer support with as much details as possible.

I will now lock this thread.