Gold sellers: new plague to the word of Tyria

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Soban.7182

Soban.7182

Will you do something, as admins . To this plague that is invading this game ?

Attachments:

Posted by: Khono.6942

Khono.6942

Report them for spam. If everyone does this then those spammers will be removed. It’s not a great solution but it’ll work for now while the AN team work on the problem. It’s an arms race between spammers developing spam tools and AN developers finding more effective ways of catching them.

Posted by: DusK.3849

DusK.3849

They’re working on it. The best thing you can do for now is to report each and every gold spam message you get.

Like rock and metal remixes of video game music? Check out my site and get your headbang on!
Also, check out Hardcore Adventure Box: World 1, World 2, Lost Sessions
Main Character: Dathius Eventide | Say “hi” to the Tribulation Clouds for me. :)

Posted by: zerospin.8604

zerospin.8604

I wonder if they get instantly banned for this. I got a few similar looking messages, of course reported every one of them. Butt keep getting them. If each message costs them 60$ (to buy a new account) how are they making any money?

What we need is the ability for players to do “light-bans”, in other words I get a goldspammer mail, I press the ban button, and the account of the spammer is flagged and banned from posting any mail until a GM reviews the ban.

Of course if someone abuses this tool he will get banned, so that should not be a problem.

Posted by: ZannX.4058

ZannX.4058

If each message costs them 60$ (to buy a new account) how are they making any money?

Each message cost them $0 because it’s from hacked accounts.

Posted by: Amos.8760

Amos.8760

What we need is the ability for players to do “light-bans”, in other words I get a goldspammer mail, I press the ban button, and the account of the spammer is flagged and banned from posting any mail until a GM reviews the ban.

[sarcasm]I don’t see any way that this could go wrong.[/sarcasm]

My turret is so much better at this game than I am.

Posted by: Dmorin.9543

Dmorin.9543

I am getting real sick ofkittenspam mails,report report report does nothing

Posted by: Amos.8760

Amos.8760

I am getting real sick ofkittenspam mails,report report report does nothing

Aw, I want mail with kitties in it!

My turret is so much better at this game than I am.

Posted by: Grimdale.4725

Grimdale.4725

Report and block, simples!

Posted by: Eddard.2930

Eddard.2930

Naive question: is this a scam or spam? There is a way to report either. I’m not sure which to use, although it probably doesn’t matter if the context is clear.

Anet? Any guidance?

I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather. Not screaming like the people in his car.

Posted by: Keiyakins.7182

Keiyakins.7182

On twitter they suggested using ‘spam’.

Posted by: Khono.6942

Khono.6942

Naive question: is this a scam or spam? There is a way to report either. I’m not sure which to use, although it probably doesn’t matter if the context is clear.

Anet? Any guidance?

If it’s asking for money or is in some other way obviously selling things, it’s spam. If it’s asking for things like account info or credit card info or whatever, then it’s a scam. Basically, spam is trying to provide a service and scam is trying to steal from you.

Posted by: August.2678

August.2678

Anet? Any guidance?

I use spamming. Scamming would probably work too. I’m pretty sure ANet sees stuff like this as scamming, as do I. Most of these sites are VERY shady, sometimes you get your gold, sometimes you just gave away your money for nothing.

nastyjmanThat explains why there were kittens muddled in some posters emotionally charged responses.

Posted by: Campana.9216

Campana.9216

I hope we don’t have any limits on our block list.

Edit – Regina said that scamming or spamming is fine and that they may add an option for gold sellers.

August.2678

I hope we don’t have any limits on our block list.

I can’t believe I’ve not thought about blocking any gold seller I see in chat.
Very stupid of me. However, new ones pop up everywhere.

I don’t really get it, with so many new accounts, can they really afford it? Is their businesses really doing that good? I can’t think of any people I know who buy gold from these sites.

nastyjmanThat explains why there were kittens muddled in some posters emotionally charged responses.

Posted by: Raf.1078

Raf.1078

Just report them and go on with your day. /shrug

PF/ GOAT on Tarnished Coast (Semi-Retired)
Raf Longshanks-80 Norn Guardian / 9 more alts of various lvls / Charter Member Altaholics Anon

Posted by: Bogartan.2756

Bogartan.2756

I report & block them all. I really appreciate that you can do this from the right-click menu in chat, and the new report “!” in mail.

I was wondering how some of these people had hundreds of achievement points, but when zannX pointed out that they’re using hacked accounts it made more sense.

Sorrow’s Furnace
{SN} Sentimental Nightmares
Darsveth, Warrior – Dexter Oliver, Thief

August.2678

zannX pointed out that they’re using hacked accounts it made more sense.

Aahh. I did not read that. That makes sense that so many accounts pop up spamming these sites.

Posted by: Regina Buenaobra

Regina Buenaobra

Content Marketing Lead

Report them. Customer Support will investigate and take action. The team is aware of the issue, we’re continuing to work on better ways to combat RMTers, as we’ve said on many other threads. There is no need to make another thread about it. Thank you.

Content Marketing Lead
Twitter: @ArenaNet, @GuildWars2
In-Game Name: Cm Regina Buenaobra