Gold useless, more ways to spend it?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

Since Custom Arenas and Spectator Mode is coming, a streamer called TehMaker will host a tournament (he is a NA player but will start the tournament with EU.)

The prize pool is at the moment over 250 gold.

If you want to, check out his stream, ask him some questions (he is really, really friendly, and gives his opinion on anything, if something is bad, he tells you, no fanboyism here) and if you think it’s worth it, donate some gold to him.

I really recommend to check him out, TehMaker on Twitch.tv

If you are not interested, I’m all willing to get a free Unbreakable Choir Bell.

Posted by: Fror.2163

Fror.2163

Blow it off completely by buying what you like. Keep like 5 gold. Then start again.

Frór (yes, with the accent!)

Posted by: TheBlackLeech.9360

TheBlackLeech.9360

Nice Try.

But your photo editing skills could use a little work.

Attachments:

Posted by: Timze.7980

Timze.7980

<—-
<—- There’s my name in case you want me to help you out.
<—-

Obviously you made this to yourself and you can only blame yourself now.

We could start slowly first, by you sending me only 100g. Hopefully in the end we can cure you and you can give all your gold to me. It takes time to recover from disease like this, but I really want to help you here…

If you are reading this, you are only waisting your time!
Still reading this? You know there is something better to be done for sure. -.-’’

(edited by Timze.7980)

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

I have a character named Marshall Trahearne. If you would be so kind, I’d like to make him Commander Marshall Trahearne. Then see all the reaction in wvw xD

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

Posted by: KyoHanakaze.8145

KyoHanakaze.8145

I’ve been trying to get my girlfriend Dawn, since she’s getting closer to Sunrise…so, you know, it’d be appreciated.

Charity case aside, things like that is why I don’t play the market.

HoD/Valkyria Immortalis[VLK]
Iverna//Ranger
Adrienne Stormborn//Elementalist

Posted by: SafeFatNoob.3156

SafeFatNoob.3156

Nice Try.

I saw this as well :O But I ain’t sure if its fake…

I’m safe. I’m fat. I’m a noob.

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

I’ve been wanting Celestial Dye for a while now but just can’t afford it. Any help is much appreciated

Do you have your legendaries yet? For all your alts? If you don’t have any alts, you can easily craft-level them to 80 quickly for some variety. If you already have an 80 of every profession, then…I dunno. I guess we’re back to that Celestial Dye.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

Posted by: rizzo.1079

rizzo.1079

Actually play the game rather than using it as an economic simulator?

Posted by: assasin oates.3018

assasin oates.3018

If you don’t have legendary’s for all your characters then get infused ascended everything, customise their looks and convert to gems to buy a shed load of mini’s.

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

If you actually have that much gold and you actually don’t have anything to spend it on then you could do a great service to the community by buying up all the stock of silk scraps and bolts and destroying them up to the 1s mark. It would take 2000-3000 gold but it would be helpful to the economy.

Or you can send me the money and i’d do it for you.

Posted by: Calae.1738

Calae.1738

A game cannot have something for you to buy at that amount of gold. No one will ever have that amount of gold because no one needs it.

You seem to want to continue to accumulate something that you don’t need. Sounds like an addiction to me. You could consult a psychiatrist.

Posted by: Articluna.4509

Articluna.4509

You got 5 legendaries already for the achievement? They’re ok way to spend gold, thou after 5 there ain’t other reason to gather them all but the gotta catch them all. You could also, if not done yet, fix yourself emperor title and minipet collector. While you’re into it, don’t forget making few lv 2 commanders to goof around and get yourself few dozen character slots – just in case you need them.

And for gods sake, get yourself proper bags so you can order them. :rolleyes: I can understand 1x rare, 1x uncommon and 1x invisible – but using f-bags like that to prevent inventory compact’ing – waste.

You could also just spam on forums for lulz. People tend to reply on stuff like this.

Anyway, don’t get me wrong. OP is right about lack of uses for gold. That’s why I’ve myself been lazy with gold after January…

OooOOoohh, box of shinies. So many shinies!
Outsource rng → profit.

Posted by: WRod.3856

WRod.3856

Nice Try.

I notice this too. LOL

If i was him. I would have used different numbers

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Interesting question. If you put too many ways to spend gold in the game, and only a few people have that gold, how does everyone else feel at the end of it all.

I think there’s a danger in putting too much to buy too soon. I mean, it’s hard enough for people who want a legendary. Most people who want one don’t have one yet. Adding more stuff now will only make everything seem out of reach to the majority of the player base.

Posted by: Geotherma.2395

Geotherma.2395

Nice Try.

I notice this too. LOL

If i was him. I would have used different numbers

Yea, I logged in to check and I don’t see the 4’s looking like that in gold. I would say if it is fake, it was probably 48g. If I was playing around with a pic, I’d be more obvious but would still look funny :P

If the thread stated (If you had this much gold, what would you do with it), that would have actually been a more interesting discussion.

Attachments:

Intel i7 3.9ghz processor 16GB Ram 2TB HDD
Nvidia GTX 650 Win 7 64bit FFXI 4+yrs/Aion 4+ years Complete Noob~ Veteran OIF/OEF
http://everyonesgrudge.enjin.com/home MY GW2 Music http://tinyurl.com/cm4o6tu

(edited by Geotherma.2395)

Posted by: Elof.2350

Elof.2350

Help others accomplish their goals?

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

I don’t understand the problem here. You have gold and nothing to spend it on because you constantly earned gold with no end in sight. It’s like a friend of mine who does absolutely nothing in the game except farm CoF p1, and then complains that he hates having nothing he wants.

If you’re that desperate to do something with your gold, hold some contests or whatever. You could also send me 500g; I could finish everything I want in the game with that, and that’d be exciting.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: Ethics.4519

Ethics.4519

Nothing really to say here, except I ran CoF with Eternal Blizzard, in your guild, the other day and he threw flowers at me. This might get taken down for posting other toons names btw

-Greggerz

RIP in peace Robert

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

If you have so much money,you know what to buy and what’s available..This thread is more about “Ohhh Look at me and all my money !!!” . . .

Posted by: Coldness.9628

Coldness.9628

Sky.7610
I believe you even didn’t reach 1000g
Because you have miss “,” between 1 and 0

Go edit your photo again
It Should be 8,448 gold……

(edited by Coldness.9628)

Posted by: ShadowMaster.5708

ShadowMaster.5708

Its fake, i saw a stream right now with someone with 1100 gold. It actually says

1,100 with a “,”

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

Actually feel the exact opposite from the OP. Gold seems way to valuable in this game – its the root of the grinding issues in the game. Almost everything you need can be acquired via gold – and it is WAY too easy to grind out gold in the game by farming quickly respawning mobs or running short dungeons over and over.

IMO, karma should be the primary currency in the game. If anything, we need more ways to spend karma in the game. That would pull people away from the mob/dungeon/etc grinds and back to doing actual ingame dyhamic events.

(edited by Blaeys.3102)

Posted by: Morfedel.4165

Morfedel.4165

Instead of investing your money, invest your time, & teach me; I’d rather do it myself than have it given to me.

Posted by: Chase.8415

Chase.8415

Nice Try.

Lol, it amazes me how much trouble people go through just to fake things.

There’s no need to even photo edit to spoof gold.

You could make a pointer to the memory stored in the ram and change it to some outrageous value.

It would display in the client just fine, you could take a screenshot then and it would look perfectly legitimate.

(edited by Chase.8415)

Posted by: g e o.2589

g e o.2589

Since Custom Arenas and Spectator Mode is coming, a streamer called TehMaker will host a tournament (he is a NA player but will start the tournament with EU.)

The prize pool is at the moment over 250 gold.

If you want to, check out his stream, ask him some questions (he is really, really friendly, and gives his opinion on anything, if something is bad, he tells you, no fanboyism here) and if you think it’s worth it, donate some gold to him.

I really recommend to check him out, TehMaker on Twitch.tv

If you are not interested, I’m all willing to get a free Unbreakable Choir Bell.

I dont give a kitten how much gold you have, my mail always has a space for lovely dontaions, just send me some gold if you wont need it on Schiinch or Spectral Berserker

Posted by: Thomassassinate.9370

Thomassassinate.9370

Hire someone to tell you jokes at 1g per joke.

Why did the chicken cross the road?

Posted by: Moderator.2608

Moderator.2608

As this thread derailed pretty fast, we are closing it now.
Thanks for your understanding.