Golemancer!!

Golemancer!!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Azunai.5974

Azunai.5974

Anet, this would be an amazing profession to play. It’d also fit asuras PERFECTLY, like how engineers fit charr so well!

Resident deaf elementalist – Tarnished Coast
Everyone needs a little optimism!

Golemancer!!

Posted by: mulch.2586

mulch.2586

I wish they’d had the guts to make race something more than just cosmetics.

Golemancer!!

Posted by: Mif.3471

Mif.3471

Simple solution: Allow Asura Rangers to choose a Golem pet in character creation to let us have a pseudo-Golemancer.

Tarnished Coast | Best cookies in all of Tyria

Golemancer!!

Azunai.5974

Simple solution: Allow Asura Rangers to choose a Golem pet in character creation to let us have a pseudo-Golemancer.

And/or buff the golem utilities to be a little bit more viable.

Golemancer!!

Posted by: Late For Tea.1846

Late For Tea.1846

And how does a Golemancer fit the other races? They generally lack the brains to be such a class.

Golemancer!!

Azunai.5974

And how does a Golemancer fit the other races? They generally lack the brains to be such a class.

You racist.

Golemancer!!

Late For Tea.1846

It’s true. Have you ever seen a not-asure make something even remotely similar to a golem?

Golemancer!!

Posted by: John Widdin.9618

John Widdin.9618

Sylvari are capable of learning to the same capacity as Asura.

The rest, I suppose could as well, over time.

Zachary ~ Mesmer/ John Widdin ~ Warrior/ Zazmataz ~ Engineer
Maguuma – [TriM][DERP]

Golemancer!!

Late For Tea.1846

Because the only race (other than Asura of course) that really advanced, in a technological field, over the 250 years between GW1 and GW2 are the Charr. And they don’t really seem to be the bunch that would start building golems, instead of things that can blow everything up.

Golemancer!!

Azunai.5974

Honestly, the asura put more emphasis on technology due to their small stature and belief in intelligence being the most important trait. If the other races put in as much effort, they’d be neck to neck. Honestly, I think the other races are just as capable of learning and building asuran technology.

Hell, engineer is basically charr technology shared to all other races so they can produce the same machines for combat.

Golemancer!!

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Golems are just the Asuran answer to the age-old question of, “How do I get things off the top shelf when I’m so short?”

While I don’t have anything against the idea of a golem pet, if there was one, the other races would be clamoring for their own unique pet. And as to a golemancer class, all the existing classes can be played by any race. If there were an Asura only class, there would have to be a unique class for each of the other races.

Golemancer!!

Posted by: Ansultares.1567

Ansultares.1567

I played a golemancer briefly. Of the two Asuran racial golems, only the ranged one was worth a kitten The rune summoned golem wasn’t bad, though. The mini-pet is just a mini-pet and the costume brawler skin is weak.

Still, a funny sight to see a posse of three different sized golems running through LA.

Golemancer!!

mulch.2586

I could envision a game where only Asura were golemancers, only Charr were engineers, only humans were dervish, only Norn were shamans… Perhaps in that game the stats for the races wouldn’t be the same, different run speeds, and things like that. I played a different NCSoft game that was structured that way, very different from GW2, a pvp-based game… Well, even Warhammer was built with distinctive races.

Golemancer!!

Posted by: FLFW.3105

FLFW.3105

No and No. Fix and balance current classes then make new bug bags.

GuildWars 2 is good game with bad management.

Golemancer!!

Posted by: Rustypipes.6238

Rustypipes.6238

Or give golems to the engineer profession through a trait line.

Much like the necro has a minion tree, only at 5 trait point mark it turns your turrets into golems, basically turrets with legs. If you spec 30 points into the trait tree it has a major trait that gives you the equivalent of the flesh golem, a hard hitting slugger with an aoe knockdown.

Golems can range from slow moving missle throwers that have a “hunker down” f2 that makes them immobile but increases their armor and adds a melee range flame thrower, to simi auto gunners with an f2 that has an aoe burst fire that gives quickness for 5 seconds to anyone in the area. Even a medi-bot that gives health regen and an aoe heal.

Seriously, the possibilities are pretty wide open. I would play this engineer, a profession I loathe currently.

*edited for de-wowing

Golemancer!!

mulch.2586

No and No. Fix and balance current classes then make new bug bags.

Oh yes, quite, indeed. They’ve far more essential things than reworking the game.

I just think they missed an opportunity. Our characters have so little connction with the world or culture. Male/female, same race/long standing hostile race, everyone is boy-scout good, even the thief and necromancer… Feels rather shallow.