Gonna vent a little bit

Gonna vent a little bit

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Tom.6478

Tom.6478

Overall I like this game.

My biggest complaint…there a lot of things you want to do/need to do….but you can’t.

Maybe you nerd a zerg when there are none… or there are things that need to happen but they don’t.

I’m being kind of vague, but I think most know what I’m talking about.

There too many thing you have no control of. I don’t minds things being hard, but when you have to rely on things you have control of…. well that gets old.

For instance, I was trying for some… any meta event in HoT. Nothing was even close.

I don’t mind doing the whole thing, but if there is not enough people. its not gonna happen.

I know they are working on this….hopfully…it will pan out.

Anyhow…just venting…:)

Gonna vent a little bit

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

alrite, you do you tom, you do you.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

Gonna vent a little bit

Posted by: Tom.6478

Tom.6478

Huh….lol….

Gonna vent a little bit

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Nope without specifics I don’t know what you’re talking about.

For example, you need zergs to do temples in Orr, but most of the time when they’re up, if you talk in map chat and say a temple is up and pop a commander tag or get someone else to, you’ll probably have a big enough group to do the event. Sometimes building a zerg isn’t spontaneous.

The same could be said for most hero points in HoT.

Many events are on timers. That means all you need to do is be aware of the timers. There’s no point in getting a zerg together if nothing is going to happen with it.

There are times when the timers don’t go your way however. Is that what you’re talking about?

Gonna vent a little bit

Posted by: simplesimon.2084

simplesimon.2084

When doing meta events on maps make sure you check the lfm. A lot of the time people are taxeing people in for those events.

Gonna vent a little bit

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Not enough information in your post to say if you’re right or wrong. For example,
For instance, I was trying for someā€¦ any meta event in HoT. Nothing was even close. Does that mean you couldn’t find a map progressing one? (Unlikely). Or you found one but didn’t like how far along it was? You got there late and didn’t try to use the LFG? Couldn’t taxi in? What time did you try? Did you use the timer site to get there beforehand? What happened and what you meant is clear to you but on the outside its not enough information.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Gonna vent a little bit

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

The whole game is probably a nerd zerg. Forest for the trees, mate. Forest for the trees!

yeah I know but its fun

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Gonna vent a little bit

Posted by: FrizzFreston.5290

FrizzFreston.5290

The problem is people thinking they “need” a zerg for certain meta events, but in most cases it’s really just 3 to 5 players or so.

Okay there’s less room for mistakes that way, sure. And a zerg usually gets things done soo much easier.

But people also don’t try much anymore without a zerg.

I would recommend just trying to make a party or squad and just to go for it.

“It isn’t working!” CL4P-TP
Ingame Name: Guardian Erik

Gonna vent a little bit

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

The problem is people thinking they “need” a zerg for certain meta events, but in most cases it’s really just 3 to 5 players or so.

Okay there’s less room for mistakes that way, sure. And a zerg usually gets things done soo much easier.

But people also don’t try much anymore without a zerg.

I would recommend just trying to make a party or squad and just to go for it.

Pretty much this. Most of the events in the game, even “group events” were built assuming that only 5 players could do it. Unless you’re talking about huge map metas, everything can be accomplished with a small team.

That said, I’ve found that my investment into a commander tag has nearly paid for itself. It’s an instant zerg spawning mechanism.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

Gonna vent a little bit

Posted by: Goatjugsoup.8637

Goatjugsoup.8637

they are fixing mega servers
in the meantime you might want to learn about server taxi-ing plus check the wiki page or ask in game to find when the meta events happen

Most wanted in game additions: Beastiary, readable books

Gonna vent a little bit

Posted by: BBMouse.6510

BBMouse.6510

Mega events are probably ok with taxi. Raid or even fractal are not. There are simply no group on lfg. Difficulty is really not an issue. Hope the new lfg tool would really solve it.

Gonna vent a little bit

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

If you are trying the Meta’s in the new HoT maps and are not having any luck, try

http://gw2timer.com/

It will show you the current world event that is happening, but at the bottom it also shows you the status of each of the HoT maps, some maps will push the meta after the event has been completed to prep it for the next one, the problem here is the 2 hour window between events,

As for the Vinetooth prime, I don’t know what servers others play on, but I kill it at least 3 times a day as part of the meta prep, the biggest problem with this event is apparently its the 1 time people don’t know what CC means.

Gonna vent a little bit

Posted by: ChoChoBo.6503

ChoChoBo.6503

How was this venting? When you vent, you need to RAGE with specifics and details. Where’s all the drama I wanted to read.

kitten click bait title.

Here, let me help you out.

Why do I have to do a 1-1.5 hour meta event to get access to to vendor? (Dragonstand) That’s just stupid. All I want is the vendor, so know I have to wait for a day that I have time to do the events when all I need is a single item to complete my collection.

Why is it that I spend more time trying to get into a map (aka taxi’ing) instead of needing to organize to do the events? Most of your meta events are boring AF, their not difficult at all once you learn the mechanics, so no organizing is needed for the majority of them. Most of the time designed for players to organize, players spend taxi’ing instead. Now that’s some dumb design.

Why do I have to farm all the other maps to buy machetes so I can farm Noxious Pods? That’s just stupidly obnoxious of those pods, it’s not like the rewards are 3x better than the other maps combined.

Smokeskales… How stupid are these things?

Why the kitten are adventures locked? You spend X-amount of time unlocking them, and only get about half as much time actually getting to do them.