Good job on Ascended skins Anet.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Gathslan.1870

Gathslan.1870

Really good job, not over the top. Beautifull, and for the first time a mace skin i actually like.

Now keeping my fingers crossed someday i will see more scary/creepy (like orr armor) weaponskins but really good job on the ascended skins : P
I was afraid they would be as hilarious idiotic as the legendary skins, glad to see i was wrong : p

Posted by: TehPwnerer.7215

TehPwnerer.7215

Are you serious? They’re so plain and ugly… For the (now) strongest weapons in the game they sure don’t look like it. They look like they’d be skins for level 10 or level 20 weapons.

Posted by: Happyfool.8951

Happyfool.8951

Are you serious? They’re so plain and ugly… For the (now) strongest weapons in the game they sure don’t look like it. They look like they’d be skins for level 10 or level 20 weapons.

he likes it, who are you to tell him otherwise?

We all do as we must to make our way in this world and unfortunately,
we have to do things others may qualify as “evil”.
~Krunch Bloodrage, Looking For Group

Gathslan.1870

Plain=good

The more over the top you make them the more stupid they look, i know a lot of people like over the top but i am not one of them : P

Posted by: Zypher.7609

Zypher.7609

Just looked them up on Dulfy.. So amazing, my Engineer is going to love that rifle! My huntsman crafter is going to be hoping my Engineer can start providing the mats for said rifle. :P

TehPwnerer.7215

Then they could have made them cool not brown pieces of poo with lights shining through them.

Posted by: jheryn.8390

jheryn.8390

I think it is obvious that the OP is serious. Just because you don’t like them doesn’t mean there is anything wrong with those who do.

Posted by: SiNoS.2147

SiNoS.2147

From what i’ve seen they look WAY better than the exotic crafted gear…..

On topic though I have to agree with the op. For non special/limited time items I think these are some of the nicer looking items they have put out in some time. Simple but elegant. Not super over the top. Now if only they were colored better…. Or let us change the color scheme.

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

I mean, they’re much better looking than the exotic pearl skins (ewwww).

And after all you can just reskin em if you dont like em.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

Posted by: Nirvana.8659

Nirvana.8659

where do you see the new ascendent weapons skins?
Do you have any link?

I apologize for my english.
Engineer : Charliengine
Engineer : Brother Thompson

SiNoS.2147

Do you have any link?

I have multiple 400+ crafters. I’ve bought a few of the recipies that i will need. You can preview the gear from there. Other than that i have not found any links to such other than the greatswords.

Posted by: Nirvana.8659

Nirvana.8659

ok Ty SiNoS

15 chars

I apologize for my english.
Engineer : Charliengine
Engineer : Brother Thompson

Posted by: Shelledfade.6435

Shelledfade.6435

I have to disagree completely, these ascended skins are absolutely terrible.

There’s no way I’m going out of my way to craft something that looks as bad as that.

I’m going to stop playing this game again, this is not the direction I wanted it to go in. What was the point of playing through all of that other stuff, just to do MORE stuff all over again, that’s just the way MMO’s are though, after you’re done grinding, get an update and grind some more. I’m out, peace.

Posted by: Happyfool.8951

Happyfool.8951

Do you have any link?

I have multiple 400+ crafters. I’ve bought a few of the recipies that i will need. You can preview the gear from there. Other than that i have not found any links to such other than the greatswords.

dulfy has a gallery up
http://dulfy.net/2013/09/03/gw2-ascended-weapon-skins-gallery/

We all do as we must to make our way in this world and unfortunately,
we have to do things others may qualify as “evil”.
~Krunch Bloodrage, Looking For Group

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

They look atrocious (but the pistol)…

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

Posted by: ProxyDamage.9826

ProxyDamage.9826

I think some are nice (pistol for example), some are meh, some are junk. Overall, meh. Most are underwhelming.

And he doesn’t. Who are you to tell him otherwise?

…See the obvious flaw in your logic?

SiNoS.2147

I think some are nice (pistol for example), some are meh, some are junk. Overall, meh. Most are underwhelming.

Just to point out Happyfool.8951 dident tell him he was wrong for not liking it. He said TehPwnerer.7215 was wrong for basically saying Gathslan.1870 was stupid for liking the new skins.

Gathslan.1870

But he was not telling him otherwise, no flaw He was not saying they are ugly or pretty, he was simply stating it is a matter of flavor.

Where is your logic.

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

Too Gothic. This is the style they SHOULD HAVE gone with:
http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/File:Bow_of_the_Kinslayer.jpg

Animated light effects…. but a lot closer to representing “Glint’s Aesthetic”
…I really miss Glint. It’s all Jennah & Logans fault

Posted by: SonofInnocence.4905

SonofInnocence.4905

I have to admit that from a quick look, I think they’re beautiful! They look detailed to me.

I do wish they had some small particle effect but I’m honestly really curious about getting one. Just levelled my (now) 47 Norn Guardian to 400 crafting. I’ll get to 80 and see where it takes me!

I agree though. They’re simple and stunning because of their simplicity!

Shelledfade.6435

lol….. yeah cuz that greatsword looks real good next to a twilight… not.

Not worth it.

SiNoS.2147

Not worth it.

Personally I dont like either. The legendary greatswords have some sweet effects but sadly the design of them is horrid. I much rather stick to my Ghastly Greatsword instead of something that looks like my two year old tried to draw.

Then again im more of a realistic type of person. I look at something and if i can see it being real i tend to like it. Some of the super gaudy items just dont do it for me. I will take a standard plain blade over the over the top one any day.

Posted by: Genti Covarnis.4328

Genti Covarnis.4328

It’s probably matter of taste. I also really like these better than legendary skins. Joined the game recently – was observing legendaries and thinking “aw, maaaaaan, really?” however for me personally anime-ish art style is incarnation of pure evil and tastelessness , therefore any step into another direction is positive.

and, in the end, you can’t really argue about taste

Gathslan.1870

Not worth it.

Twilight and all legendaries for that matter are the worst skins in the game imo, i like the starter weapons better than them : P

You can enjoy your twilight, i can enjoy other skins : p

SonofInnocence.4905

Not worth it.

Twilight and all legendaries for that matter are the worst skins in the game imo, i like the starter weapons better than them : P

I’m glad someone else agreed! I actually think the legendaries all look really ugly, so I had no desire to get one. I’ll probably get an ascended one day… Or three of them. Who knows? But legendaries? I personally think they’re ghastly (and not in an Ascalonian Catacombs kinda way either).

But hey, that’s the beauty of this game. So many choices that most of us can find what we like.

Posted by: crystal.5930

crystal.5930

Not worth it.

I’m glad someone else agreed! I actually think the legendaries all look really ugly, so I had no desire to get one. I’ll probably get an ascended one day… Or three of them. Who knows? But legendaries? I personally think they’re ghastly (and not in an Ascalonian Catacombs kinda way either).

But hey, that’s the beauty of this game. So many choices that most of us can find what we like.

Heh. Glad it’s not just me. I have seen a character who I thought looked great with his Legendaries, but not a single one of them suits any of my characters. Every time I’ve decided to buckle down and get one I’ve ultimately decided, “no…I could just never use it. It would make my teeth itch.” I do find the Ascended skins just a little bit underwhelming, but I’d take any of them over the Legendary skins 10 times out of 10. To each his own, I guess.

Chosovi Rose, Thomas Thorn, Crystalbrier, Bracken Farstone, Crassul, on Tarnished Coast
“Worshipping nonsense and imagination” — Hayden Herrera (paraphrased)

Posted by: Lambent.6375

Lambent.6375

A lot of them look really nice.

I like the pistol, bows, axe, and the shield, along with some others.

“Caithe, someday you’ll see, Tyria needs me. -Scarlet”

Posted by: Shemsu.8721

Shemsu.8721

Heres the thing though, for those that like plain and simple weapon skins, 90% of the skins in game are plain and without particle effects, so you have an incredible selection of plain choices. However for those that like flash particle effects, there are very very few decent skins, ascended weapons were a way to address that, they could have been much better looking (they arent something people will be able to grab the day they turn 80 like all the plain exotics)

TehPwnerer.7215

I have to disagree completely, these ascended skins are absolutely terrible.

There’s no way I’m going out of my way to craft something that looks as bad as that.

I’m going to stop playing this game again, this is not the direction I wanted it to go in. What was the point of playing through all of that other stuff, just to do MORE stuff all over again, that’s just the way MMO’s are though, after you’re done grinding, get an update and grind some more. I’m out, peace.

Summed up my thoughts here.

SonofInnocence.4905

Heres the thing though, for those that like plain and simple weapon skins, 90% of the skins in game are plain and without particle effects, so you have an incredible selection of plain choices. However for those that like flash particle effects, there are very very few decent skins, ascended weapons were a way to address that, they could have been much better looking (they arent something people will be able to grab the day they turn 80 like all the plain exotics)

That’s very true. At least some kind of particle effect. It doesn’t have to be over the top shininess, but it could at least have a little touch of something to make it a little more special. I can agree with you there!

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

Even Fractal weapons look better AND have a trail… these have nothing but this Fisher Price glow lol

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

Gathslan.1870

Sure there are many not over the top skins, but most of them are not impressive (you can have impressive looking armor without glowy stuff, trust me : P)

So while there are a lot of normal looking armor, it is plain to the point it is not as great looking as it could be, so i would like see more normal looking armor that is good looking : P

And they have been adding A LOT of the over the top armor lately which makes me quite worried, all the achievement armor is way over the top. So were most of the exotics added a few patches ago (the two hammers, sword, so forth)

I hope Anet realizes you can have amazingly good looking armor that is impressive without it being over the top, i would love to see legendary weapons that are legendary because well.. they look like they could slice you in two with ease, not because you can see the sky through them, or for it to be a disco ball ; p

Posted by: SmoothHussler.6387

SmoothHussler.6387

EDIT Just saw them. They look OK I guess…. Nothing special though.

Maguuma: Thug Life: [DERP][ME][PYRO] and other assorted dead guilds.

(edited by SmoothHussler.6387)

Posted by: wintermute.4096

wintermute.4096

Maybe it’s just me, but at this point, I’d personally prefer some weapons that look like… weapons, for once. I mean just look at what they did to the greatswords post release.

Every single one of them looks like a giant glowing chunk of different colored plastic. The ascended one is slightly better, but still looks more like an ornamental poking stick then anything else.

Posted by: Wukunlin.8461

Wukunlin.8461

well the hammer isn’t TOO garbage…

Oceanic [LOD]

Posted by: Krikr.2094

Krikr.2094

I like my weapons to look like WEAPONS. These things look like I pulled an ornament off of a wall and decided to fight with it.

Posted by: Draco.2806

Draco.2806

I like the designs, actually. Subtle and sophisticated, a lot better than most other gear out there in my humble view.

Granted I’ll never see them.

Because what the fluffy kitten tails.

Posted by: Syktek.7912

Syktek.7912

ITT: Ungrateful people who wanted legendary effects on their weapons.

(Edit) I absolutely adore the staff skin.

Vesper Dawnshield | Guardian

Posted by: Harbard.5738

Harbard.5738

Most of the skins look really good. You know real swords that look like they can actually cut something, not some big asymmetrical and even amorphous kitten popsicle as usual. Some of the latest skins like the aether rapier are reallyr efreshing too. Clean, functional and good looking. Not sure if the artists started exploring other styles or if this is a different artist, at any rate: Really good job there!

Too bad they’re not just skins and are part of something I despise in the game. But the artists are not to blame for the kittenty itemization. That’s a different topic.

Give me game. Not grind, not gating, not RNG, not +stat junk, not checklists.

Posted by: Villious.8530

Villious.8530

I’m kinda glad I don’t like the looks of them. Deters me from trying to grind for them.

Shelledfade.6435

good job on making them look sub-standard and boring…

Posted by: ophidic.1279

ophidic.1279

Then they could have made them cool not brown pieces of poo with lights shining through them.

They’re not even brown, they’re primarily red.

Elyl Jrend

Posted by: ophidic.1279

ophidic.1279

good job on making them look sub-standard and boring…

Good thing anet isn’t forcing them into your hands for free and making you use them forever then.

Elyl Jrend

Posted by: Araziel.7201

Araziel.7201

These things are pretty ugly in my opinion. Like the Christmas skins. Both look like they came out of some middle school woodshop class.

None the less I am glad they are adding skins at a fairly high rate now. People have different opinions and it’s nice to have options. I’m happy some people like them.

Posted by: unseenone.1463

unseenone.1463

YES!!!! These are beautiful. I am so glad they are not doing the warcraft method or “ADD MORE FIRE AND SIZE” .

Please keep it up!

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

More ugly things to grind for, fun game is fun…not.